Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

I was tempted at the Sephora checkout to buy the little $15 jar because of some reviews I had read on MUA. Luckily, I smeared a little bit on the back of my hand just to feel the texture. It felt nice going on, but when I felt the back of my hand a few hours later, it was dry and scaly. I do NOT have dry skin at all. It's generally nice and soft, and I have a fairly oily complexion. I've seriously never had a cream or lotion actually DRY me out. Very strange. Will not purchase.

on 2/2/2008 3:32:00 AM

I love this stuff!! I am a red head with very sensitive skin, so most everything will cause some irritation. From the first application my skin was super soft and there was no redness,itching, or burning. After just a few weeks of use my skin is radiant! I dont remember the last time my skin actually looked like it was glowing. I have already reordered this product!

on 1/31/2008 11:48:00 AM

really love this moisturiser! i keep trying other moisturisers but always come back to hope in a jar. I have tried elemis, revive, dermalogica, liz earle, gatineau but all were too heavy for my oily skin and made my skin more congested. this sinks into the skin instantly and leaves no greasiness at all and i have very greasy acne prone skin! each time i go back to hope in a jar it helps clear up the congestion and makes me glow. don't know why i keep trying other things when this gives such good results!

on 1/31/2008 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

dont like facial moisturizers in a jar.
this stuff sat on my skin, never seemed to add moisture, but left what felt like an greasiness on my skin. My acne prone skin didnt love it.
Smelled OK - nice and clean.
I have been less than impressed with all philosophy skincare, and this one followed suit.
Probably fine if you have normal skin that isnt prone to breakouts and need a bit of everyday moisture.

on 1/31/2008 3:32:00 AM

i just bought it and i think the smell is not as bad as everyone says but its definitely too oily and greasy plus after i put it on it started to come off a bit just like what happens to old lotions when they been standing around for a while .. i hope it wont cause any serious damage so far the reviews here were horrid i wish i read this before buying it but i guess its worth a shot its not that expensive after all (i bought the small 15 dollar jar)...

ok i just came back to say that unfortunately i got an allergy on my face after using this product i completely broke out in small hives all over my face and only benadryl could help :(((

on 1/29/2008 12:31:00 AM

This isn't a terrible product, but I won't be re-buying. It didn't do anything positive for my skin and there was no noticed glow-y evened skin tone. Plus no SPF.

It's just too much money for no good results to buy again.

on 1/28/2008 5:11:00 PM

Was told this would work for me and it didnt made me breakout. will not buy again to greasy and i have combo skin type tried the other for sens skin didnt work and hope in a bottle didnt either im using ddf products now and they work.

on 1/27/2008 12:36:00 AM

This made my acne-prone combination skin go CRAZY! And while it feels delightful when you get out of the shower and your skin is tight, the aftermath is not pretty. I wanted to love it! After seeing it on Oprah's favorite things, I thought I had found my holy grail. If you have sensitive skin, I don't recommend it. I do love Philosophy though!

on 1/26/2008 11:05:00 PM

this is a fantastic light weight moisturizer. its not enough for the dry winters but for any other season i love it. it sinks in immediately and it leaves my face soft and its not the least bit shiny. its expensive but for someone like me who has very sensitive skin, it has no adverse side effects. my face looks better because of this product. my skin as a healthy glow and looks clearer. i'd definitely buy this again.

on 1/25/2008 4:17:00 PM

I picked up a sample size of this as a lark when I was at Sephora a few weeks ago. It sat unopened for days since I thought it was just another pot of moisturizer.

Boy, was I wrong. The AHA and antioxidant in this stuff has given me luminescent skin that I've never had before. I cannot get over how different my skin looks after I started using it. And it could be my imagination, but I think that it's helping to minimize the look of my hormonal zits.

I actually look foward to going home and taking my makeup off at night so I can put this on my face.

I went ahead and bought the When Hope is Not Enough with SPF for my daytime moisturizer, but just to be cautious I decided to wait a couple of weeks so I could be sure that Hope in a Jar isn't causing any bad effects on my skin.

Popular Moisturizers