Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 2/10/2008 10:31:00 PM

I expected so much more from this moisturizer. It was greasy and did not absorb into my skin - and I have pretty dry skin! I used it several times, but this is just bad. And it made me break out. I ended up returning it to Sephora. In general, Philosophy products have been disappointing for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product has a nice smell, though a bit overwhelming at times.
What I like about this cream is that it sinks into your skin and calms your skin down, you could feel it being absorbed! I also use it before I put on my primer and it makes me feel good all the way!

I wish the packaging would be a little bit user-friendly (i'm talking about the lid of the jar - which doesn't seem hygienic at all).

UPDATE: if I use it in the summer days I feel oily, period. this might only work best for me in winter.

on 2/7/2008 10:09:00 PM

I thought this did the trick but I would imagine there are nicer products out there. Its probably great if you aren't 40 yet and so don't have fine lines already. But I need something more-like a miracle from God!

on 2/5/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My QVC happy mother-in-law recommended I try Hope in a Jar. I was looking for light moisture and something to help with my aging skin. It fits the bill. The texture is great. Very light and does not mess with my acne prone combo skin. After using this with the Purity cleanser my skin feels much softer and hydrated. Love it. However I don't love the jar. I hate dipping into a jar. I don't love the smell! It just stinks! My husband doesn't like me to come to bed with it on it smells so unpleasant. I can't argue with him! Last but not least, the price. I will pay it because I like it, but it would sure be nice if it were less.

on 2/4/2008 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I decided to try this out when I heard someone suggest it, along with Purity face wash. I love this moisturizer!! It's smell is not the best, in my opinion. But it seriously moisturizes. It's wonderful under my makeup. And it seems pretty calm. My skin doesn't seem irritated, just really soft and smooth. And when you're someone like me, with combination skin, acne prone. That feeling is awesome!

I was tempted at the Sephora checkout to buy the little $15 jar because of some reviews I had read on MUA. Luckily, I smeared a little bit on the back of my hand just to feel the texture. It felt nice going on, but when I felt the back of my hand a few hours later, it was dry and scaly. I do NOT have dry skin at all. It's generally nice and soft, and I have a fairly oily complexion. I've seriously never had a cream or lotion actually DRY me out. Very strange. Will not purchase.

on 2/2/2008 3:32:00 AM

I love this stuff!! I am a red head with very sensitive skin, so most everything will cause some irritation. From the first application my skin was super soft and there was no redness,itching, or burning. After just a few weeks of use my skin is radiant! I dont remember the last time my skin actually looked like it was glowing. I have already reordered this product!

on 1/31/2008 11:48:00 AM

really love this moisturiser! i keep trying other moisturisers but always come back to hope in a jar. I have tried elemis, revive, dermalogica, liz earle, gatineau but all were too heavy for my oily skin and made my skin more congested. this sinks into the skin instantly and leaves no greasiness at all and i have very greasy acne prone skin! each time i go back to hope in a jar it helps clear up the congestion and makes me glow. don't know why i keep trying other things when this gives such good results!

on 1/31/2008 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

dont like facial moisturizers in a jar.
this stuff sat on my skin, never seemed to add moisture, but left what felt like an greasiness on my skin. My acne prone skin didnt love it.
Smelled OK - nice and clean.
I have been less than impressed with all philosophy skincare, and this one followed suit.
Probably fine if you have normal skin that isnt prone to breakouts and need a bit of everyday moisture.

on 1/31/2008 3:32:00 AM

i just bought it and i think the smell is not as bad as everyone says but its definitely too oily and greasy plus after i put it on it started to come off a bit just like what happens to old lotions when they been standing around for a while .. i hope it wont cause any serious damage so far the reviews here were horrid i wish i read this before buying it but i guess its worth a shot its not that expensive after all (i bought the small 15 dollar jar)...

ok i just came back to say that unfortunately i got an allergy on my face after using this product i completely broke out in small hives all over my face and only benadryl could help :(((