Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 1/31/2008 3:32:00 AM

i just bought it and i think the smell is not as bad as everyone says but its definitely too oily and greasy plus after i put it on it started to come off a bit just like what happens to old lotions when they been standing around for a while .. i hope it wont cause any serious damage so far the reviews here were horrid i wish i read this before buying it but i guess its worth a shot its not that expensive after all (i bought the small 15 dollar jar)...

ok i just came back to say that unfortunately i got an allergy on my face after using this product i completely broke out in small hives all over my face and only benadryl could help :(((

on 1/29/2008 12:31:00 AM

This isn't a terrible product, but I won't be re-buying. It didn't do anything positive for my skin and there was no noticed glow-y evened skin tone. Plus no SPF.

It's just too much money for no good results to buy again.

on 1/28/2008 5:11:00 PM

Was told this would work for me and it didnt made me breakout. will not buy again to greasy and i have combo skin type tried the other for sens skin didnt work and hope in a bottle didnt either im using ddf products now and they work.

on 1/27/2008 12:36:00 AM

This made my acne-prone combination skin go CRAZY! And while it feels delightful when you get out of the shower and your skin is tight, the aftermath is not pretty. I wanted to love it! After seeing it on Oprah's favorite things, I thought I had found my holy grail. If you have sensitive skin, I don't recommend it. I do love Philosophy though!

on 1/26/2008 11:05:00 PM

this is a fantastic light weight moisturizer. its not enough for the dry winters but for any other season i love it. it sinks in immediately and it leaves my face soft and its not the least bit shiny. its expensive but for someone like me who has very sensitive skin, it has no adverse side effects. my face looks better because of this product. my skin as a healthy glow and looks clearer. i'd definitely buy this again.

on 1/25/2008 4:17:00 PM

I picked up a sample size of this as a lark when I was at Sephora a few weeks ago. It sat unopened for days since I thought it was just another pot of moisturizer.

Boy, was I wrong. The AHA and antioxidant in this stuff has given me luminescent skin that I've never had before. I cannot get over how different my skin looks after I started using it. And it could be my imagination, but I think that it's helping to minimize the look of my hormonal zits.

I actually look foward to going home and taking my makeup off at night so I can put this on my face.

I went ahead and bought the When Hope is Not Enough with SPF for my daytime moisturizer, but just to be cautious I decided to wait a couple of weeks so I could be sure that Hope in a Jar isn't causing any bad effects on my skin.

on 1/25/2008 9:21:00 AM

Bought a little jar of this to try along with the Purity cleanser. Loved the cleanser, just not sure about this. It's not very thick, and sinks into my skin fairly fast, which is nice on mornings I'm in a rush (every morning!) The smell is somewhat awful, but after I put my makeup on, I don't even notice it. Then again, I'm in nursing school, so this doesn't even compare to some of the things I have to smell! Now comes the "not so sure" part. Lately, I've been having some cystic breakouts which I'm pretty sure are due to not eating right, not drinking enough water, and stress. Usually it's 1 nice big honker that goes away faily quickly but hurts like heck while it's here. Well, after switching to this moisturizer, I now have 2 huge cysts on my chin like my face gave birth to twins! Giant, red, painful twins! So, while I'll use this up because I'm a poor nursing student, I don't know that I'll repurchase. And in the meantime, I guess I'll go around looking like I'm sprouting additional heads out of my chin. Nice. Hope I don't scare my patients.

on 1/25/2008 12:39:00 AM

I have no idea if this stuff actually works. I cannot stand to let it be on my skin long enough to find out. The smell is just horrid and not the easiest thing in the world to remove.

on 1/22/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The consistency is very watery and thin. My concealer doesn't adhere well to this. It made my eyes burn! This moisturizer also STINKS! I can't stand it. Thank goodness I got a sample size. I won't repurchase.

on 1/20/2008 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best out of all the moisturizer i've tried, but then I haven't used many yet.

The smell, as most everyone has said is awful, but after a while, you get used to it and don't notice it as much.

My skin is oily around my nose and mouth, dry on my nose because I use a prescription gel for blackheads.
Right after putting it on, it feels great, my skin is soft and smooth. However, after a while the oily parts of my face got oily, very fast. So I do not reccomend this as a morning moisturizer for those w/oily skin.
My cheeks are dry in the winter and this doesn't help with the dryness at all.

-1lippy: I feel that dipping your finger into the pot is unsanitary.

-1 lippy: I was expecting this to make my skin better, and it didn't do much. Also didn't help with the dryness.