October 24, 2014 | 930 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like Philosophy products, but this makes me breakout and I don't like the smell.
The lighter version - hope in a bottle - just didn't wow me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by emmathan

I have mildly acne-prone, combination skin (I'm a teenager, so the acne is kind of a given) and this did no good for me. At first, I used it all over my face- bad idea, because then my nose, forehead and chin were really shiny, and it made me break out. Since I really wanted to like it (for how it's priced, it's difficult to just throw away) I just used it on the dry spots, and then I broke out there, too.
It smells nice. Not much else going for it, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by 1kathyann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to be careful of what I put on my face for a lot of things will cause my face to break out more, I cant not believe that this gets such bad reviews..I love this..my skin is so soft and no harsh break outs, I have been using for over a month now and absolutley love it. I read that some people said it leaves a residue on thier face, I feel they are using to much, you only need a little..it goes a long long way, and my makeup goes on so nice after using this. Hope some others will try it and give this a better rating, its not heavy and the jar is not that bad I kind of like being able to just dab my finger in it and get a little unlike using a tube and always getting more than I need and wasting a lot of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by kiwiipi3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this really evened out my oiliness but gave me moisture in my dry spots. i luv this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiad0ll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was originally very daunted to try this product because of all the negative reviews here, but I bought this on a whim when I was at Sephora, and I'm thrilled that I did.

First, my history: I've been acne-prone [the fun kind that leaves huge scars] since I was in 3rd grade [that's right, growing up was SO much fun for me]. My skin calmed down in high school, but I still get blemishes around that time of the month, and other randoms here and there. Other than that, my skin is pretty normal. However, it's got a slightly combination temper, which gets a bit worse in the winter. So I wanted something to make it happy again, and also to battle the wrinkles I've been getting in my forehead [22 is too young for wrinkles, dammit!]

After using Hope for a little over 2 weeks, I'm thrilled. My skin is moisture-lush, but not broken out at all [I attribute this to the fact that Hope is a water-based moisturizer, not oil-based]. My wrinkles have already minimized into fine lines, and overall, my skin just feels healthy and happy again. I use Hope once or twice a day - when I get out of the shower, or after I've just used their face wash - Purity Made Simple. I'm definitely a believer in this product, so don't be afraid to give it a try!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sarahjadefitz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a year now and I've noticed a big difference in my skin. The first time I tried it, it burned a little bit so I was afraid that it would be too harsh, but after the third day, it didn't sting and my skin was softer and had a glow. I've got acne-prone skin and this helps a lot. I use this at night and I use Dior HydrAction Deep Hydration Defense Fluid in the morning. This combination seems to work wonders for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by christina74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried to love this product line, but no go, I put this on in the morning and before lunch I hate a huge whitehead on my nose (I was so embarassed!) Took it right back :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

This is a wonderful moisturizer! I've been using it for a few weeks now and so far I love it. I've had no breakouts, like I do with some other moisturizers. It works great on my dry skin and makes it feel very soft without being greasy. Some people mentioned they don't like the smell, it doesn't bother me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by guil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I have combination (normal/oily) skin, prone to occasional breakouts. I need a moisturizer that is more "balancing" than "moisturizing" and this is the one for me. This spreads very easily, with the slip of a silicone, and without the greasiness of a heavier moisturizer. I have not yet gotten any acne from this and I have been using it for two weeks. I use this product at night only.

I cannot tell a lie, this is highly scented! It smells like Gin to me, but I got over the scent as this really performs very well on my skin. I would rather if this came in a tube instead of a jar, The only other product I can compare this to in terms of performance is Murad Skin Perfecting lotion, which has a much nicer scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by eringer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Oprah uses this one, and has nothing but good things to say about it. You think, Oprah would know her sh*t... she can buy any product she wants, however, she missed the mark on this one!

I have oily skin... prone to breakouts. At 26, I want something for prevention, something that will be good to my skin.

The aroma is that of lavender. I see that alot of ppl don't like the smell, however, I don't mind it at all. It also dissipates quickly. I like the jar application too... it is totally sanitary if you have clean hands when applying it, which you should have anyways when putting on moisturizer. It doesn't sink in and leaves a weird residue. After using my mineral makeup, my skin feels oily already.

Throughout the day, the shininess is AWFUL!! This is not one for oily skin AT ALL, even though it says 'for all skin types' (huge lie... no moisturizer is good for ALL skin types!) Bought it for $50 at Sephora in Canada, and that is too pricey for this product. I've used it twice, and now I will give it away. Shame! Hype in a Jar.

The search continues.