July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by missmacbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette sooo much. It has the perfect colors to make an everyday neutral eye to a smokey night time look.
Virgin- Light cream
Sin- Light pinky shimmery champagne
Naked- Matte light brown
Sidecar- Glittery beige
Buck- Matte medium brown
Half Baked- Bronze gold
Smog- golden bronze
Darkhorse- Shimmery dark brown
Toasted- Shimmer brown with plum undertones
Hustle- Dark purplish brown
Creep- Sparkly black
Gunmental- Metallic dark silver
I was hesitant at first about buying this but I finally splurged and glad i did! The shadow brush is also very useful to me. Buy this palette if you love neutrals and you're willing to pay for it!!! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

This is a great palette. For those who love the naked shadow in this palette and are scared of hitting pan, Urban Decay sells it as a single shadow. I know people were getting Mac's moleskin from the Mac Me Over collection because it was said to be close dupe, you can just buy the Naked single shadow from any Urban Decay counter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yeah yeah, we all get it. This is the best eyeshadow palette that ever existed. I don't know why I'm bothering to write a review when it's already so highly-acclaimed, but you know what? I think this thing deserves all the praise it gets. I'm definitely very shy when it comes to eyeshadows; I don't wear them often, I'm rubbish at applying them properly and most of the time I feel that no colours really work with my blue eyes. I can happily say that these are the only shadows I can actually make all of these things possible with. They are so pigmented, frosty, gorgeous, a dream to blend and really easy to apply. There's so much variety and you can pretty much create any look you want with them. Subtle or dramatic, this palette provides it. I just love it. If you're like me and you aren't much of a shadow person but you wish you could be - BUY this! It's the answer to your dreams.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Price:
AMazing value for money. I got this for S$78 here in Singapore, which i believe is more than the US price, US$65 to be exact, but i don't care, i wanted to die die get this anw.

Product:
12 high quality, pigmented shadows, but unfortunately, quite a few don't fit my skintone. Pictures speak for themselves.

The picture posted (click continued) shows swatches on my hand, which is nc45 with no primer on. You can tell which go with my skintone and which don't. The only two matte shadows are cool-toned. The rest are metallic or shimmery, some are warm and some are cool. You will not find use for all 12 of these shadows unless you apply makeup on other people with different skintones as well. If you are around my skintone and have yellow undertones, even more so. The texture of these shadows are buttery. Even if some pack a lot of shimmer, which i don't exactly like.

As for the individual colours, i guess you can find possible dupes for some in MAC:
UD Virgin = Shroom
UD Sin = Naked Lunch
UD Naked = Kid
UD Buck = Cork
UD Toasted = Sable
UD Creep = Black tied
UD Gunmetal = Knight Divine/Charred
...
An eyeshadow brush. Its ok. i use it for inner corner and browbone highlight. Nothing much to say about it. Its synthetic i believe. I would have prefered the 24/7 eyeliner instead but sigh, i couldnt get em when they first launched.
...
Primer potion in original. LOVE!!! It is truly a potion. Eyeshadows don't crease AT ALL and stay put when you use this. Dries quickly though, so work fast! I bought the full sized version of the one in Sin first stupidly...should have bought this instead... But that is for another review and i digress. The packaging sucks for the UDPP. But they have a new one now in the full size.

Packaging:
Cardboard packaging with velvety material on top, which some people hate coz its flimsy and the velvet gets dirty. But i honestly prefer this, its light, and the velvet feels nice, so whatever. You get a mirror with this too, and thats always nice. The palette itself is tiny compared to Urban Decay's BOS, so ideal for travelling.

Overall, this is a palette for shimmery/metallic neutral but fun loving divas on the go. Swatch it before you buy, if you like most of the shadows on your skin, then go get em! People looking for neutral neutral(some say boring) shadows will be disappointed. You'd be better off with MAC's matte/satin neutrals which just look better imo for an office look. I would not wear these on a professional office work basis.

EDIT: The amount of fall-out these shadows have is astounding. All i see is a glitterball mess everywhere on my face after i've placed them(placed them, not even blended them). Its frustrating. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by roisinbelfast

Naked Palette contains 12 different shades. 3 Matte shades and 9 Shimmer shades. Also comes with a miniture eyeshadow primer potion. Some come with a double ended eyeliner - but mine came with an eyeshadow brush, would have much preferred the eyeliner, but ah well.
This palette is GREAT!!! You can achieve a real "barely there" eye make up look and alternatively you can build with these colours for a great full on smokey eye! The shades all blend beautifully and really compliment eachother.
Its just so versatile and a must have for eyeshadow fans everywhere!
Considering you get 12 shades a primer and a brush I think this is GREAT value for money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I like it, but don't love it. I think I just got swept up in the hype. I honestly prefer my Wet n' Wild shadows more. A couple of the colors have such glittery fallout, I have to avoid them completely. There aren't enough matte shades at all, and the ones it does have, barely show up when on. I hate the packaging, way too unwieldy in my drawer, so I depotted them and put them in an Elf Pallet (shown in picture). I've had them about a year and find I reach for them more now that they're in a convenient case. They are nice shadows, but over-priced for the amount of true useable colors provided.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot give enough good compliments about this palette. I purchased it about a year ago and it is the only palette you'll ever need again! There are also numerous youtube tutorials that feature designs with the palette if you ever need some more inspiration. The colors featured are easy to use for daytime, night out or special occasions. So versatile! II have gotten several friends hooked on it as well. I can't recommend it enough!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyWorld21

Ok, I was not a big fan of Urban Decay to be honest, but I heard all the raving about this product and decided to go to sephora and buy it. I was not expecting much, compared to my mac eyeshadows, but honestly they are as good as them! Or maybe a little better. :P I'm a HUGE fan of Urban Decay since then! I'm in love with these eyeshadows, they're sooo easy to blend! This is my go-to eyeshadow palette. I wear these shadows almost everyday, and I get 100's of compliments when I wear them. It contains 12 wonderful neutral colors. My favourite are Sin, Naked, Virgin, Half Baked Toasted and Darkhorse
And the pigmentation of these colors are awesome! I would definitely buy this again and I recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by lovebon898270

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this palette because they can be use for the day look when you got or school or work and it can give you a more darker bolder look for the night. There is a combination of matte and shimmery shadows to give you some variety. However, all the colors are browns, 1 gray, 1 black. Yes, I KNOW this is a neutral palette, but neutrals are NOT only browns. Neutral shadows CAN be colors also. Purples and blues can be considered neutral depending on how bright the shade is.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mikijac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOOOVVVEEE this eyeshadow. Its not sold in Australia, so I got mine off ebay and I couldnt be happier. The colours are perfect and so blendable. The pigments are wonderful and glide on like silk. This will be my go to pallette from now on. I love it and have used it every day since I got it. You can also achieve many smokey eye looks.