Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 2/29/2008 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love this product!! Sinks right in!! I just wish it was in a tube, I hate pots you have to stick your fingers in. I am acne prone nd have found this to be better than anything!! This is one of the things that would be on the list if I could only take 3 things with me on a deserted island.

on 2/28/2008 1:35:00 PM

I used this when I was in my early 20's and really liked it. Now I need something that does a little bit more for fine lines, etc. A good product to moisturize lightly and sit under makeup.

on 2/27/2008 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice,hydrating moisturizer that keeps my dry skin happy throughout the day.It def does have a herbal type smell that isn't great...it's also a bit expensive for what it is.I can't say i'm getting a glowy look as some other reviews have mentioned but it is very hydrating,which is important to me.It's a good mid-priced product but if you are watching your pennies cetaphil would probably do a very similar job...I would probably buy it again next time i'm near a sephora but no way would I pay australian prices!
EDIT:this has been making my skin break out like crazy....never buying it again!

on 2/26/2008 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer a few weeks ago and have been using it every day since. I really like it! I have pretty oily skin and HIAJ is so light, that it absorbs right in, no problem, and I only need a little bit to cover my face and neck. It doesn't leave a greasy or oily feel either, which is something I have had a lot of issues with other products. I did notice that it actually helps get rid of small zits on my face...a very nice bonus!

On the downside, it doesn't have spf and does have an odd (not bad) scent, which is actually growing on me. I'll have to see how it works in the summer when it is super hot and humid.

Overall, this is my favorite moisturizer that I've tried to date and is reasonably priced. Definitely going to buy it again.

on 2/24/2008 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My husband hates this face cream. It does smell like chemicals, but I love how it makes my face soft and glowy. It doesn't provide quite enough moisture in the winter months, and in the summer, it can take quite a while to sink in, but I just haven't found anything else that has the same results. It's not my HG, and I often try new things (especially when my skin is really dry in the winter), but I find myself coming back to it every time.

on 2/23/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for the past year. I like the light consistency of the cream. It doesn't feel greasy on and absorbs into my skin pretty quickly. I don't get as shiny in the middle of the day as I used to with my previous day cream. It does have a smell that takes some getting used to and i don't like that I have to stick my fingers in a jar.
I'm on my third jar, so I'll likely be buying it again.

i received a sample of this from sephora and i have to say i really liked it! i actually liked the strange smell, and it made my skin really smooth. the texture's a bit too watery for me... but that may have just been the sample. it didn't make my face shiny, but my skin did turn a little pink after i used it. i wouldn't buy this product only because it's expensive... i prefer using bio oil (10 dollars) or something like that on my face. as for my body.... i'd rather use a good scrubber and put on oil or vaseline because it'd cost me like a dollar.

on 2/17/2008 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

when i first purchased this (The Hype got me, of course), i HATED it. but after using it every night for a week, i definitely noticed a difference in my skin tone. i'm pushing 40, so this is a great moisturizer. just wish it weren't so expensive for so little product. i don't use this during the day, though, because it kinda leaves an oily sheen on my t-zone.

on 2/14/2008 6:04:00 AM

This is a good basic, no nonsense moisturiser which I'm not thrilled with but would purchase again. It does deliver a good amount of moisture so wouldn't recommend it for oiler skin types. I think there are better moisturisers on the market for less though.

on 2/12/2008 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this product with the make-up optional kit, and I must say it certainly is one of the better moisturizers I've tried. It's great especially because these winter months can be drying and seems to keep my face feeling smooth and moisturized throughout the day. It also is great to pair with purity. Another awesome Philosophy purchase.