October 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Lulu05

This is my HG foundation! I am so happy that I came across this foundation, it makes my skin look amazing! I used to wear Mac Studio Fix Foundation and I felt like I needed something that wasn't heavy. I loved the coverage but didn't like how my skin felt with it on. So I was in search of a foundation that was felt light on my skin but had great coverage and this foundation does exactly that. I only use one pump and it covers my whole face flawlessly, its great! I wore this all last weekend and it stayed put, both times I was outside in very hot weather and it still looked great in pictures! My favorite thing about this foundation is that it doesn't look like you have tons of makeup on but it still covers everything.
The brush I use with this is the e.l.f. flat powder brush, I love this brush for applying this foundation!
For reference, I am an NC40/42 in Mac and I purchased the shade
#153.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chasingbutterflies

I am very happy with this foundation. I used Clinique's Superbalanced for years because it was very light feeling on my skin. I had foundation that is heavy and makes you feel like you are wearing a mask. I have to say that MUFE's definitely feels the same & has much better coverage. I have some large pores in some areas on my face that I am very self conscious about and this foundation helps with that a bit. I was also very happy with the shade. My skin is pink toned & I am very picky about the shades of foundation I wear. I also like the pump bottle. It isn't messy and dispenses a good amount. I was a little worried about spending so much on foundation BUT I purchased mine at Sephora so that I was able to get my money back if I wasn't satisfied.
~Hope this helps!~

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by imejia4

Let me start off by saying....when I first bought this foundation I LOVED it. For the first time ever I had a foundation that matched my skin perfectly and made it look flawless (I have combo skin with a little bit of redness and discoloration, no acne or scars). I seriously always got compliments anytime I wore this foundation. Now fast forward 4 month...it looks good for about 30 minutes and then makes my face look orange. Considering how much it cost I really don't like looking like an oompa loompa (lol I'm also really short). I really don't know what to rate this product because I really did love it but I've never had a foundation turn orange within 4 months. I wish mua let me answer "maybe" when asked if I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

I LOVE this foundation! Almost HG - I'm not ready to call it my HG foundation, only because it's one of the few foundations I've actually used. I've only ever tried MAC's Face & Body, Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and a now-discontinued MAC product called Select Tints (or at least I think it's discontinued...) So it's an almost-HG :) It has exactly what I'm looking for though - light-weight, medium-sheer coverage, and long-lasting. For reference, I wear NW20 from MAC, and the #117 this foundation was my perfect match.

I have an oily t-zone and normal cheeks, no severe acne problems, and mild dark circles under my eyes. I HATE the feeling of makeup on my face when it comes to foundation... I can sweat fairly easily, and I hate feeling like I have a layer of something on my face. I only ever really used MAC's Mineralize powder on my face, but I never got the nice complexion I wanted so I figured I should get a good concealer to add to my routine (because I was still so averse to foundations). I went to Sephora, and asked the MUA about concealers, and he showed me a few, but nothing was doing it for me, so he showed me this instead. He used the Beauty Blender sponge (the pink egg - an HG product FOR SURE) and applied light coverage, and it was amazing. I felt like I could still feel my skin, it didn't feel heavy or icky, and I went walking around a hot, sweaty NYC summer day still looking great!! I've also applied it after a sweaty yoga class (after showering of course) and found that even when I still had a slighty moist face even after showering (girls who practice hot yoga will know what I'm talking about), the foundation still had great coverage and didn't slide off.

I think the key to this foundation, and probably like all makeup, is the application. You need the right applicators (i.e. the amazing Beauty Blender sponge!) for your products or else they might not work for everyone. I haven't found this foundation to have full coverage, but I haven't really tried building it up because I don't need to. I really love the look of my skin with this foundation, I don't even need concealer/corrector.

I will definitely repurchase - this foundation has converted me from a "only-face-powder-girl" to a "foundation girl"!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ablarsen29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did not like this. I have an oily t-zone and I work long hours. This stuff was just yucky on my skin. Upon application it looked nice, but felt gross, heavy and oily on my face. It did not last long either. It rubbed off easily and i looked like a grease ball! Even with setting powder and Hd primer. I just really wanted to wash it off! I like light feeling foundation and this did not feel light. Dissapointed because there were so many good reviews.
Update: so its been a couple years and I am sick of all my other foundations. I recently was pregnant & I have noticed my skin is a lot dryer now, so I needed something more moisturizing (and I am over the whole full coverage, porcelain doll look) so I decided to try this again. Got a very generous sample and loved it so much I purchased it! I was too oily for it before plus had a hot & sweaty job. I am in love with it now! Very natural finish, and light weight. It have good coverage, yet I don't look "too made up" I feel now that my skin is dryer it lasts a long time too! I plan on repurchasing! Like with all foundations, we have different needs,because we all have different skin types. But I would say, if you have dryer skin, don't need a TON of coverage and like a natural finish, this is a great foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by anuhea

Loved the packaging HATE the product. guess it did not work for me... it made me really shiny :( and maybe it's just me but i thought it was hard to blend

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by pinkm82

I DO NOT like this foundation AT ALL. I have normal cheeks and oily T-ZONE...this foundation literally despeared on my skin. I never had such a bad experience with any fondation. It made my non-oliy skin look greasy and shiny. I do not appreciate the kraz price for this kraz foundation either. I would not buy this foundation again nor would I recommend for others to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I was color matched properly, but I like this foundation a LOT! It looks really nice in pics. It melts after awhile if it's hot, but no foundation can really withstand heat. Still... I was impressed! Even after walking for an hour and sweating, my make up stayed intact! After 4 hours of walking in the heat, I needed to retouch my face coz the sweat was annoying me! Nothing a good damp sponge wont fix!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW. MUFE hit this one out of the park. The shades are endless and well thought out. I'm NC40 as a reference and a tough match! I cannot think of one thing about this foundation that I dislike. It' gives me a great coveage, fills in the pores around my nose, can be blended easily with clean fingers, sponge or brush, it's buildable, comfortable to wear, the pump packaging makes it sanitary and a pleasure to use. One pump unto the back of my hand does it for me, which is the equivalent of a "dimes" worth. it's the perfect amount. I place one dot on my forhead, nose, cheeks and chin, wait a minute, then blend out with my fingers. Then I blend out any edges with a damp Alcon sponge. I like setting this with a Graftobian Loose Powder in Translucent. It's gorgeous and does not move when applied this way. HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by nic18

Like most of you im searching for my 'cant live without, makes my face look delicious foundation' lol and i have been using this foundation only for a couple of days now but so far i love it, it actually amazes me how it can be so invisible but still give good coverage and hide imperfections! I do agree with the people that say this can look cakey if layered too much, I have a couple of acne scars and redness around my nose so those are the only places i layer this foundation and it looks fine but i wouldnt try it on my whole face (i try not to use a concealer apart from a small amount of ysl touche eclat to brighten under my eyes) I think this foundation is more dewy than matte, when i first apply it it does look slightly matte but after an hour or so it starts to look dewy and glows but in a nice way, it looks healthy on the skin. I lightly dust my face with mac mineralize pressed powder on the places i find more oily (t-zone, nose and chin) and it looks very natural. Im looking forward to seeing the results when my skin is more clear, i went through a small phase of sleeping with a moisturiser on which turned out to be too thick for me and i was using different products every night to remove my makeup so my skin is confused and freaking out and im having a small breakout! lol. I can imagine this foundation looking twice as nice when my skin clears up. I use simple's light hydrating moisturiser, illamasqua's satin primer and then apply this foundation with my mac 187 brush. Ive tried wearing this without primer but i think using the primer makes the foundation last longer and gives a nicer finish, The colour i use is 115 (light skin pink tones) i actually have neutral undertones but leaning more towards pink and luckily this was a good choice. After trying a good 20 different foundations, im happy with this one :)