October 1, 2014 | 1071 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by xdorothy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Skin type: Dry/Normal
Skin tone: NC (warm undertones)
I'm an NC30 in MAC

I bought this foundation in 2 shades, 120 and 123. I mix them to get my perfect shade.
I LOVE this foundation! I even used it on my wedding day and photos. It gives the BEST finish (at least on me) super natural looking, like second skin. Looks AMAZING in photos. I've probably bought over a dozen different foundations (NO JOKE) and none really worked great for me. My whole face except for nose is dry and my nose is get pretty oily throughout the day.
The only downside to this foundation is when I get oily in my nose the foundation tends to separate (which I don't think this is good for oily skin types). And that it's not as long lasting as I would like it to be. Maybe a good 4-6 hours but after that you can tell you need to reapply and blot.

I would still totally purchase again but I am looking into the MAC prolong wear foundation :) Just got it and hopefully it doesn't break me out like how the FACE&BODY did :/

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by stars80

This makeup is beautiful. I have oily, acne prone skin with quite a bit to cover - acne scars (red and ice pick) and under eye circles. I really didn't think this was going to work for me and was considering the Matte Velvet + instead, but I just couldn't resist trying this out. I am really suprised how nice it is! I was convinced it wasn't going to work. I used 1 pump with some concealer, but in reality, I think a pump and a half of just this would have done the trick. It has a satin finish, but it didn't look oily, it looked healthy and really looked like my skin! The colour match was amazing too - 115. For reference I am MAC Studio Fix powder NW20-25. I am a powder foundation girl and just wanted to give a high end liquid a try, and now I understand the hype. It looks natural, blurs the flaws and made the texture of my skin look smoother than usual. I used the HD powder to lock it in and that combo is awesome! Give it a shot. I have oily skin with alot to cover and it worked for me. Not to mention that it felt like I wasn't wearing anything and that it lasted for hours on end without fail. Thanks MUFE!!! xo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

From the name of this foundation, I was expecting it to just melt into my skin without a trace. However, it did not do that. I don't know if it's my skin type but for some reason, it just sat on my skin; it was detectable. My skin is oily. It provided light to medium coverage. Lasting power was not very long either. A few hours later, my flaws showed through again as if I wasn't wearing foundation at all. Overall, I was not very impressed with this foundation. For the price and what it claims, it did not live up to the hype.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by coffeeprincess709

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product really disappointed me because there was so much rave and I excepted so much. First, this foundation gives light to medium coverage. I have combo skin and on my oily places, this doesn't stay at all and has absolutely no oil control. It accentuated my dry areas and was just overall disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This sucks.

This foundation has a wide color range and that's about the only plus.
It is sheer and not even what I would call greasy, but rather, slimey. It disappeared on certain parts of my face and collected in others, and I am combination not oily!

It was sooo expensive, did not cover anything, and it's sheerness did not even stay in place even though I set it with that powdery white-cast (also extortionately priced) setting powder.

My sister owns this and I only used it a couple times and am so glad that I did not spend my own money on this waste of a product. I also noticed that in pictures her face has a white cast. It's different from that of a ghost-face when the foundation is too light/has SPF. So it's definitely the powder causing it. Also, after only using it a couple times I got 2 breakouts!

This product is so overrated. They must have got a huge deal with Sephora to over-promote it. I really can't understand why anyone would like this. We need to remember that some of the more popular products at Sephora are popular because of agreements between the brands and Sephora. Your search results/recommendations are generated similarly to any other search engine on the internet - based on whoever pays them the most.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by soulclap

This would be my HG foundation in all but ONE way. I always try to find something new at sephora whenever it's time for a new foundation, but i always end up going back to MUFE HD foundation. It's sooo amazing, the coverage is perfect and it gives me a great glow to my skin. Plus the shade 120 matches my yellowish skin PERFECTLY. I cannot use any other foundation because a lot of the others do not match my skin as perfectly as this one does, and once you have the best you can't settle for less! Only thing would be that I wish it would last a bit longer, the staying power isn't as great as say, lancome teint idole which has a great satin finish and is very long lasting. I loveee mufe hd foundation though, i'm on my 3rd bottle and i have to say it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Tuttifruttini

I LOVE this foundation!

I have read lots of reviews about MUFE but here in the UK it is quite difficult to get hold of. Although on a recent trip to the US I went to Sephora and had a full MUFE makeover...the results AMAZING!

So I was hooked, although as much as I love MUFE HD Foundation due to the difficulty of buying this product I have dabbled in others from Chanel, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Maybelline, No7, Giorgio Armani...but they really dont compare at all!

I am combo skin and can be a little on the oily side, though this is a dream to apply, so easy to build for more of a coverage, yet feels so light at the same time...I find it lasts all day through summer and winter (I usually wear it alone with no powder top ups needed) it doesn’t dry up, it doesn’t grease up…it just adds a general healthy glow to your skin, it doesnt break me out at all or cause any reactions, the colours are just the best you can get and with that all being said I can safely say, MUFE HD Foundation is my HOLY GRAIL.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MUFE!

Also to add it looks AMAZING IN PHOTOS! And seriously, who wants a foundation that doesnt look amazing in photos!

WIN WIN LONG LIVE MUFE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 5:33:00 AM More reviews by shiba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to finally try this foundation, after seeing so many other people use it. But I was disappointed.

I wasn't really able to find the right color. The pinkish shade was a little too pink, and the yellowish shade was a little too yellow. I couldn't find anything in between.

Tints aside, the makeup went on very smoothly. I was EXTREMELY impressed by the coverage, i normally have to apply two different concealers in addition to a foundation to completely hide my blemishes/ discoloration. But with this, one coat was enough to smooth out the appearance of my skin.

Unfortunately, the makeup does not last very long, even with primers and setting powders. About an hour after applying it, I lightly blotted my face with a blotting tissue, and was dismayed to see makeup transferring onto the tissue. This has never happened with any other foundation I've used. An hour or so after THAT, I had to make a phone call, and was even more dismayed to see a giant splotch of makeup on the screen of my phone where my face had been touching it. Pretty disgusting.
Near the end of the day, the makeup started to look a bit cakey and unhealthy.

I was also very disappointed that this foundation wasn't non-comedogenic (non-pore clogging). My skin had been improving over the last few weeks, so I was hopeful that it would be able to withstand this foundation. But it wrecked my face after one use.

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I was impressed with the coverage. But because it is so terrible for my skin, I will have to return it and try something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Initially the SA at Sephora gave me a color that was...not right. I should have just grabbed the lightest one to begin with, that's the one that matched. Color 110.

I use and love the Smashbox FX foundation and was told by the SA that the MUFE is comparable and that many people prefer it. I used a damp Beautyblender and achieved light coverage; when I went back in to stipple a little extra on areas that needed more coverage, it got a little dodgy. I did not use a foundation brush, perhaps that would have offered some good coverage and then smoothed with the sponge.

On the day I tried this I was having a rare almost-perfect skin day, and the foundation was pretty decent looking today. Not so great that I would replace what I use! So in this case I could probably wear the MUFE and look good about two days a month. The color is very believable, it feels nice on my skin, and applied directly (no primer underneat) it didn't cause any irritation or blemishes. I really like this foundation overall.

*Note: so far this is the ONLY foundation that will not wash out of my Beautyblender despite repeated attempts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by daydreaming141

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great colour but wish it lasted longer.

I do like this foundation it is a perfect colour for my skintone and i love that it feels light on my skin, looks very natural, blends in wonderfully and can be used as a concealer ( well thats what a salesperson told me at sephora). It also gives a good medium coverage not the best but good.

My problems are that it does not last as long as i hoped approx 4-6 hrs, it could be because its summer and i tend to 'glow' a lot ( i.e. i basically become sweaty betty) and it slides off but even when i use primer and set it with MUFE hd powder it still does not stay.

Another major problem is it is not available in the UK except from very pricey stores that sell the product a good £4 more than in the US. luckily i bought mine from the US but if it runs out i would have to plan another trip there to get my supply.