October 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by imejia4

Let me start off by saying....when I first bought this foundation I LOVED it. For the first time ever I had a foundation that matched my skin perfectly and made it look flawless (I have combo skin with a little bit of redness and discoloration, no acne or scars). I seriously always got compliments anytime I wore this foundation. Now fast forward 4 month...it looks good for about 30 minutes and then makes my face look orange. Considering how much it cost I really don't like looking like an oompa loompa (lol I'm also really short). I really don't know what to rate this product because I really did love it but I've never had a foundation turn orange within 4 months. I wish mua let me answer "maybe" when asked if I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

I LOVE this foundation! Almost HG - I'm not ready to call it my HG foundation, only because it's one of the few foundations I've actually used. I've only ever tried MAC's Face & Body, Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and a now-discontinued MAC product called Select Tints (or at least I think it's discontinued...) So it's an almost-HG :) It has exactly what I'm looking for though - light-weight, medium-sheer coverage, and long-lasting. For reference, I wear NW20 from MAC, and the #117 this foundation was my perfect match.

I have an oily t-zone and normal cheeks, no severe acne problems, and mild dark circles under my eyes. I HATE the feeling of makeup on my face when it comes to foundation... I can sweat fairly easily, and I hate feeling like I have a layer of something on my face. I only ever really used MAC's Mineralize powder on my face, but I never got the nice complexion I wanted so I figured I should get a good concealer to add to my routine (because I was still so averse to foundations). I went to Sephora, and asked the MUA about concealers, and he showed me a few, but nothing was doing it for me, so he showed me this instead. He used the Beauty Blender sponge (the pink egg - an HG product FOR SURE) and applied light coverage, and it was amazing. I felt like I could still feel my skin, it didn't feel heavy or icky, and I went walking around a hot, sweaty NYC summer day still looking great!! I've also applied it after a sweaty yoga class (after showering of course) and found that even when I still had a slighty moist face even after showering (girls who practice hot yoga will know what I'm talking about), the foundation still had great coverage and didn't slide off.

I think the key to this foundation, and probably like all makeup, is the application. You need the right applicators (i.e. the amazing Beauty Blender sponge!) for your products or else they might not work for everyone. I haven't found this foundation to have full coverage, but I haven't really tried building it up because I don't need to. I really love the look of my skin with this foundation, I don't even need concealer/corrector.

I will definitely repurchase - this foundation has converted me from a "only-face-powder-girl" to a "foundation girl"!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ablarsen29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did not like this. I have an oily t-zone and I work long hours. This stuff was just yucky on my skin. Upon application it looked nice, but felt gross, heavy and oily on my face. It did not last long either. It rubbed off easily and i looked like a grease ball! Even with setting powder and Hd primer. I just really wanted to wash it off! I like light feeling foundation and this did not feel light. Dissapointed because there were so many good reviews.
Update: so its been a couple years and I am sick of all my other foundations. I recently was pregnant & I have noticed my skin is a lot dryer now, so I needed something more moisturizing (and I am over the whole full coverage, porcelain doll look) so I decided to try this again. Got a very generous sample and loved it so much I purchased it! I was too oily for it before plus had a hot & sweaty job. I am in love with it now! Very natural finish, and light weight. It have good coverage, yet I don't look "too made up" I feel now that my skin is dryer it lasts a long time too! I plan on repurchasing! Like with all foundations, we have different needs,because we all have different skin types. But I would say, if you have dryer skin, don't need a TON of coverage and like a natural finish, this is a great foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by anuhea

Loved the packaging HATE the product. guess it did not work for me... it made me really shiny :( and maybe it's just me but i thought it was hard to blend

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by pinkm82

I DO NOT like this foundation AT ALL. I have normal cheeks and oily T-ZONE...this foundation literally despeared on my skin. I never had such a bad experience with any fondation. It made my non-oliy skin look greasy and shiny. I do not appreciate the kraz price for this kraz foundation either. I would not buy this foundation again nor would I recommend for others to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I was color matched properly, but I like this foundation a LOT! It looks really nice in pics. It melts after awhile if it's hot, but no foundation can really withstand heat. Still... I was impressed! Even after walking for an hour and sweating, my make up stayed intact! After 4 hours of walking in the heat, I needed to retouch my face coz the sweat was annoying me! Nothing a good damp sponge wont fix!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW. MUFE hit this one out of the park. The shades are endless and well thought out. I'm NC40 as a reference and a tough match! I cannot think of one thing about this foundation that I dislike. It' gives me a great coveage, fills in the pores around my nose, can be blended easily with clean fingers, sponge or brush, it's buildable, comfortable to wear, the pump packaging makes it sanitary and a pleasure to use. One pump unto the back of my hand does it for me, which is the equivalent of a "dimes" worth. it's the perfect amount. I place one dot on my forhead, nose, cheeks and chin, wait a minute, then blend out with my fingers. Then I blend out any edges with a damp Alcon sponge. I like setting this with a Graftobian Loose Powder in Translucent. It's gorgeous and does not move when applied this way. HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by nic18

Like most of you im searching for my 'cant live without, makes my face look delicious foundation' lol and i have been using this foundation only for a couple of days now but so far i love it, it actually amazes me how it can be so invisible but still give good coverage and hide imperfections! I do agree with the people that say this can look cakey if layered too much, I have a couple of acne scars and redness around my nose so those are the only places i layer this foundation and it looks fine but i wouldnt try it on my whole face (i try not to use a concealer apart from a small amount of ysl touche eclat to brighten under my eyes) I think this foundation is more dewy than matte, when i first apply it it does look slightly matte but after an hour or so it starts to look dewy and glows but in a nice way, it looks healthy on the skin. I lightly dust my face with mac mineralize pressed powder on the places i find more oily (t-zone, nose and chin) and it looks very natural. Im looking forward to seeing the results when my skin is more clear, i went through a small phase of sleeping with a moisturiser on which turned out to be too thick for me and i was using different products every night to remove my makeup so my skin is confused and freaking out and im having a small breakout! lol. I can imagine this foundation looking twice as nice when my skin clears up. I use simple's light hydrating moisturiser, illamasqua's satin primer and then apply this foundation with my mac 187 brush. Ive tried wearing this without primer but i think using the primer makes the foundation last longer and gives a nicer finish, The colour i use is 115 (light skin pink tones) i actually have neutral undertones but leaning more towards pink and luckily this was a good choice. After trying a good 20 different foundations, im happy with this one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by xdorothy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Skin type: Dry/Normal
Skin tone: NC (warm undertones)
I'm an NC30 in MAC

I bought this foundation in 2 shades, 120 and 123. I mix them to get my perfect shade.
I LOVE this foundation! I even used it on my wedding day and photos. It gives the BEST finish (at least on me) super natural looking, like second skin. Looks AMAZING in photos. I've probably bought over a dozen different foundations (NO JOKE) and none really worked great for me. My whole face except for nose is dry and my nose is get pretty oily throughout the day.
The only downside to this foundation is when I get oily in my nose the foundation tends to separate (which I don't think this is good for oily skin types). And that it's not as long lasting as I would like it to be. Maybe a good 4-6 hours but after that you can tell you need to reapply and blot.

I would still totally purchase again but I am looking into the MAC prolong wear foundation :) Just got it and hopefully it doesn't break me out like how the FACE&BODY did :/

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by stars80

This makeup is beautiful. I have oily, acne prone skin with quite a bit to cover - acne scars (red and ice pick) and under eye circles. I really didn't think this was going to work for me and was considering the Matte Velvet + instead, but I just couldn't resist trying this out. I am really suprised how nice it is! I was convinced it wasn't going to work. I used 1 pump with some concealer, but in reality, I think a pump and a half of just this would have done the trick. It has a satin finish, but it didn't look oily, it looked healthy and really looked like my skin! The colour match was amazing too - 115. For reference I am MAC Studio Fix powder NW20-25. I am a powder foundation girl and just wanted to give a high end liquid a try, and now I understand the hype. It looks natural, blurs the flaws and made the texture of my skin look smoother than usual. I used the HD powder to lock it in and that combo is awesome! Give it a shot. I have oily skin with alot to cover and it worked for me. Not to mention that it felt like I wasn't wearing anything and that it lasted for hours on end without fail. Thanks MUFE!!! xo