July 30, 2014 | 2194 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to see what all the hype was about on this foundation, so I got a bottle and I'm sorry, but this is not one of the best foundations on the market. I didn't care for the feel of this and it did nothing special for me. In my opinion, Lancome's Tient Miracle foundation is 10 times better if you want a flawless face with beautiful coverage. Sorry, but I'll stick to Lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

I really don't see what all the fuss is about with this product...it works okay but no better than any other pricey foundation. The coverage wasn't great either. I applied it with a damp beauty blender sponge and several different shapes of brushes and it went on the same. Still needed concealer, it broke my face out, and was way too dry for dry skin even after Philosophy Hope In A Jar moisturizer!!! Don't think I'll but it again. Maybe better for someone who has great skin already.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the first foundation my skin has felt totally comfortable with. My skin's healing from severe acne and is pretty sensitive and can get oily with the wrong things on. With other foundations - the Mat Velvet + (for comparison's sake), my skin gets more oily than it normally would without something on. And I feel the layer of gunk on my skin, but this one doesn't.
It covers my acne-scarring and problem areas well enough with just one layer. If I was going out, I'd add concealer and probably a bit more of the foundation where needed. I'd class it as light-medium coverage, but very buildable. I don't think it claims to provide full coverage. I haven't experienced any cakey-ness, and it doesn't cling to flakes at all, for me. Maybe it's because I apply with a (damp - when I feel like it) sponge. I absolutely love the finish it gives - dewy - not overly though.

When used in conjunction with the MUFE HD primer, it can really last for a while, despite the humid weather where I am, even without powder over top.

Don't think I have anything bad to say other than that it's a bit pricey and the bottle is quite bulky - not great for travel unlike the Mat Velvet +. I'd still pick this over the Mat Velvet + any day though.

In sum...
Pros:
1) Lightweight and feels like 2nd skin
2) Looks like 2nd skin. Blends right in.
3) Excellent for acne-prone/combination skin. I do not get oily/breakout despite the tropical climate!!!
4) Buildable without looking cakey (when applied correctly, I guess)
5) Gives a lovely not-overly-dewy finish.

Cons:
1) Not the longest lasting foundation without a primer
2) Pretty pricey - but worth it in my opinion.
3) Packaging is not very travel-friendly

Shade: Right now, I'm quite fair, probably an NC25-30/Shu Uemura face architect foundation 754/Mat Velvet + 35 - bit lighter actually. The MUA gave me 127 (was PERFECT), but since I'll be going on holiday, she said to take a 140 to accommodate a bit of a tan. Because it's so lightweight and blends so well, you can't really see the difference. The colour selection available is excellent too.
---
*UPDATE: You get better coverage applying this with a foundation (paddle) brush. I pat it on, then smooth it out. No cakey-ness whatsoever =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

I'm very fond of this foundation. Though I have so many other foundations to try that I can't commit exclusively to this foundation, I don't have any complaint against it. The texture is very nice. The coverage is just right for my liking. There is a wide range of shades to choose from. I've heard others complaining that this looks cakey, but I think the key point is that with this foundation you have to apply very thinly and work it into you skin, rather than apply a whole lot all at once or layer too much on the entire face, which can totally accentuate any dry spot on your face. I'm not sure whether it is claimed as a full coverage foundation, but I find it tend to look not so beautiful, especially in real life, when you try to build this up to the full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by kristeli10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is so far the BEST LIQUID FOUNDATION I ever used, and will ONLY USE forever! $40 is worth every penny. The color perfectly match my tone and there are alot of variety colors to match from. Im NW 120. I truly love this foundation. It evens out my skin tone and feels so light I barely feel any foundation on. I have oily skin but it doesn't look so oily in the light specially when I take picture with flash. Although..the only bad side is, in the middle of the day I usually use blotting linen to remove those excess shine :(. I dont need a full coverage. Like everyone said, it doesnt give full coverage so concealer could help :(. But overall, it's a good foundation. :). I may try the matt+velvet foundation from MUFE :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It kills me to drop $40 on a foundation, but I love this! I'm an NC25, but wear #118. The color range is terrific & I'm very pleased with my match. I consider this a medium-coverage foundation--I have some brown spots & freckles that show through a bit, but since the finish is dewy & natural, I'll live with that. I'm super oily, and shine is still a challenge on my forehead & cheeks. I buff it on with a flat-top buffer for a soft finish. I like that one pump is all I need for my entire face, so it will last for a long time. I've very acne prone & haven't had any problem with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

Sadly I'll be returning this because it breaks me out horribly :(. I always moisturize first, have tried with and without primer, lightly set with powder, and wash my face with my Clarisonic at the end of the day. I rarely get bad pimples and this stuff gave me an ugly set of SIX bright red pimples on my chin. So gross! I'm sure this works well for a lot of people so I'm not going to rate it badly. Everyone's skin is different so we just have to keep experimenting until we find our HG foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MissSaraahChopra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

I got a generous sample of this at Sephora and I am in love. MUFE's primer, this foundation and the Full Cover Concealer is my new everyday HG routine. It was super easy to find my shades and the colour matches perfectly. It goes on smooth, makes me glow and evens out my complexion but I still need concealer for my acne scars. A little goes a long way. I'm buying a full size bottle today and I'm always happy with pumps. I have MUFE's primer in a pump bottle and like it so far, except that I will have to break into them to get the rest of the product out. This foundation makes my skin look flawless, especially in photos. I can't wait to use it in a photo shoot. I don't really mind spending $40 on good foundation, hopefully it lasts a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by carmcd811

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this because i didnt like that my bare minerals gave me little coverage. i figured that a liquid foundation would be much better. after reading the comments the overall consensus was that it gave full coverage and didnt cause breakouts. WELL it does. i started getting red oily under the skin bumps on my cheeks after about a week or 2. it was mortifying. DONT WASTE $40 ..... get pur minerals its affordable, and gives GREAT coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Great makeup for a special occasion. If I wore foundation every day, I don't think I would choose this one for daily use. It can be a bit greasy at times and difficult to wash off. However, this product is awesome for going out and photos. When used with the other HD products (primer and finishing powder), my skin truly looks flawless. I can even get away with skipping concealer if I want to. It gives a medium amount of coverage, so it's not to light nor too heavy. And the amount of colors it comes in is fabulous. I would definitely recommend this to brides, prom goers, and anyone else getting dressed up for a night out.

Edit: I want to caution people that this foundation is not to be used on a daily basis. I used it daily when I went on vacation. It made me break out. I'm still giving it 4 lippies because it looked amazing in my photos.