MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 5/23/2008 2:13:00 AM

I'm using this foundation for several years now, I've tried a lot of foundations in the past and nothing beats the MAC face+body!!! I only use it for my face, it is very sheer and gives my face a very nice natural look (probably because it is so thin). I don't need a foundation to cover a lot because I have good skin, but I use this foundation to even the colour and to look even more healthier and glowing. I just love it! It's a huge bottle, I buy 1 every year. I've got a C4 in winter and C5 in summer. It's not a good foundation if you need it for more coverage. I also love that it is water based, it doesn't feel greasy at all.

on 5/20/2008 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a fabulous surprise...I generally hate MAC foundations b/c they tend to oxidize/turn orange on me within 20 minutes of application but this is an exception to the rule...this is a fabulous, thin, liquidy, sheer foundation (I'm C3) which is amazing for Summer. It's buildable too so you can layer it on for added coverage. It looks very natural. The bottle us HUGE and for the price, you get a lot for your money. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 5/11/2008 6:33:00 PM

Edit: Oct 6 2010. More and more I am convinced that MAC/EL has changed the formula of this product since I first bought it in 2001. It separates way too easily (just 6 months after purchase), and is definitely far less pigmented and more tacky. I am preferring MUFE's Face and Body foundation and will be using that, as I am not sure EL will ever revert MAC's F&B formulation back to its original glorious state.

I am NC20(Studio Fix fluid), NC25 in Studio Stick, but wear C3 in this. It has enough yellow for my Asian skintone.

Also, the MAC foundations I have tried (Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Stick, Studio Fix powder, Select Tint) have not caused me to break out. Face and Body is no exception.

Would I repurchase this? Hells yes. I have bought this over and over again over the past 8 years. It's a staple for me. It's foolproof, never looks made-up or cakey, and gives me a radiant, candlelit glow.

The foundation has a light, gel-like texture, with the pigment sort of suspended in it. It's very easy to blend, and has surprisingly good coverage for a product this sheer. A natural, flawless look can be achieved by applying sheer layer after layer of foundation. You can use fingers or a foundation brush (I use Smashbox's).

One thing though: it does NOT have a matte finish. You WILL need powder over this to matte down the sheen. A light dusting of MAC's Blot Powder with a powder brush works fine for me.

on 5/5/2008 3:54:00 PM

I have never worn foundation because I like my skin to look natural, but this foundation is sheer and makes my skin look natural but also flawless! I am really excited about this product and I hope they don't discontinue it in Canada.

on 4/25/2008 10:35:00 PM

This is being discontinued??! Oh say it isn't so! I've been wearing this for years and it's the most perfect sheer foundation I know. Comparable to MUFE Face and body but the MAC colors are better. This give the most beautiful finish with just a bit of color and coverage. It stays on really well even in the summer heat. Guess I'll have to go buy a few bottles. EDIT: Now I hear this is not being discontinued just some colors are. Thank goodness! I did a little stocking up of C2 and C3 which I mix so I'm set for quite a while but I'm happy to know it will be around for a while longer.

on 4/23/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Okay, I just went to the MAC store to buy the Face and body foundation. The MA suggested I should wear the C6, which blended perfectly for my skin. She also told me they are discontinued this foundation and people have been buying them like crazy now. I'm glad I got mines just in time.

on 4/9/2008 12:38:00 PM

Well, I have two samples of this product. One in the shade number N2 and another C2. Both are great, so I am confused which one I should buy. Face and Body is my favourite, I have tried many foundations from MAC and this one is the best, look very natural, but if you havent perfect skin, dont use it, its very sheer. Can somebody give me and advice about the right shade of Face and Body. I am NW20, with some frackles, so I should use N or NW shades along to guide, but I like myself in C2 as well, has anybody got the same issue? the same I have with powders and bronzers, dont know what shade.... :-)

on 2/12/2008 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this almost a year ago and still have a good bit left!! I hate wearing foundation so this is an amazing tinted moisturizer!!! I put it on then let it dry for a few minutes, and put a VERY VERY SMALL amount of translucent powder on to take some of the shine away, then dust on a small amount of blush or bronzer (sometimes both) and it is literally the best best best!
I use it on my body too, that you really need to make sure it dries before putting on clothing, it stained a couple of things because it rubbed off (sometimes even after drying, but its worth it!) Thats the only complaint is that it rubs off on clothing other than that, its the best product I've ever owned.

on 2/8/2008 11:55:00 PM

wanted to love this, but it just didn't agree with me... firstly, it's not the coverage i was really expecting from it... secondly, it is a pain in the ass to put on, you really have to get the technique down because it seems to dry really quickly. also, it made my entire face shiny all day, even after only one hour of wearing it! it just melted off my face, and it just wasn't right for me... back to my studio fix i went!

on 2/1/2008 10:48:00 PM

I have never worn a foundation before and I have pretty normal skin, very few breakouts. I just wanted something to make me look more polished and just even out some redness. I am NC3 and it blends in perfectly.

It is a bit on the greasy side, but I am sure most foundations feel a little sticky. The coverage is quite sheer and matte. Didn't make me break out at all.

Its a huge bottle, because its face and body, so I guess that explains the high price. I expect this to last a long time. Very blendable, highly recommend!

Video Reviews & Tutorials