MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 10/17/2008 7:23:00 AM

I love this. I used a couple of bottles quite a few years ago, then started using Bare Escentuals. I bought a bottle on whim a couple of months ago and am so glad I did.

I'm a NW15 / Fairly Light and the N1 is a perfect match for me. It is dewy as others have said, but I always use a powder with a liquid foundation so don't find this a problem. It gives a really glowy look - the look I want with BE but never quite get.

It won't cover any blemishes, but does an amazing job of evening skintone. Also, you get LOADS of it - it lasts forever, even if you layer it every day as I do.

on 10/14/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i love this stuff! first off, its 4 oz and costs $32 at maccosmetics.com. a 1 oz bottle of other foundations, such as hyper real and the studio fix is between $26-$28. the difference in quantity for a few more dollars is what drew me in. it was so worth it! it blends very nicely and is very easy to apply. if you only need a little bit of coverage one coat of the foundation will give you just that. if you need alot of coverage you can very easily build it up. it doesnt wear off easily at all. it gives my skin a nice glow without looking like i have make-up on at all. i highly recommend!

on 10/13/2008 10:38:00 AM

This is great stuff. I purchased this online after a lot of researching. Once I bought it I wondered if I had done the right thing. I like a dewy look but I must admit that some of my foundations make even my dry skin look a little too oil-slick like so I thought this one, too, might be too much…not so.
When this came in the post I was eager to try it out. The consistency is very runny which I knew about anyway but this isn’t a problem for me. In fact, I think the consistency makes this an easier foundation to build as and when it is necessary.
I can just about get away with using C1. The finish is beautiful whether you are going for a sheer coverage or more full-on coverage. Either way I think this looks really natural unlike some foundations that I’ve tried. As I said it does give a slightly dewy look but without looking ridiculous. I often use this with a small dusting of loose powder and my skin looks pretty much flawless. You do need a good concealer to hide any blemishes but this pretty much does everything you would want it to.

on 10/6/2008 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first try at MAC liquid foundation, and I went with F&B based on the reviews here. I am so sad this didn't work for me! My main problem with this foundation was the finish. It was a bit too dewy for my taste. I was able to tone it down a bit with finishing powder, but within a few hours the shine came though again and I didn't like touching it up all the time. I agree with the previous reviewer who said that those with oily skin should stay away. My skin is not particularly oily, but any oil combined with the dewy finish will result in a slick and shiny look. I've gone on to try Select SPF Foundation and I'm already liking it better because of the more matte finish. I found the scent of F&B to be strange also, when I applied it onto my face I got this strange, cool, tingly sensation which I wasn't very sure about. =| On the bright side, I did like the coverage and consistency of F&B....very light on the skin and can be built for medium coverage. I like the packaging and for the amount you got in the bottle it was a good deal. The match was perfect as well, I'm NC27 and C3 worked fine for me. Again, so bummed this didn't work out for me!

on 9/30/2008 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Wonderful foundation. Gives me a dewy complexion without feeling oily or heavy. Superb buildable coverage which lasts and lasts.

I use either the 187 or the 109 to apply.

When I wear sleeveless tops, I also use F&B to camouflage mild KP on my upper arms. It stays put all day even in the warmest conditions.

A great product and a beauty bargain. I'm a recent convert after being a long-time MUFE F&B user. Although I really like MUFE F&B, the MAC version is a better shade match for me and easier to work with.

on 9/26/2008 7:39:00 PM

If you have remotely oily skin, you should look away from this product, IMO. I don't consider myself extremely oily but more combo, but this somehow increased the stickiness and overall shine of my face. I got this to wear on vacation knowing I was going to sweat a lot, and this does seem to wear well as far as strictly water goes. Once the oil-rigs started pumping, that's all she wrote. This went back to the store.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i'm so disappointed this didn't work for me. i've recently been looking for something to switch to because BE isn't making me happy anymore. i was about to buy MUFE Face and Body when I found out that MAC made one too. It's cheaper, you get more, and I like the bottle way better than MUFE, so I went to a MAC store and had them color match me and got a sample. I was matched to C2. I came home, tried it on, and HATED it. one, I don't think the color was correct. I think that N2 would have been way better. Regardless, this didn't do it for me. The formula made me feel like I was pulling at my skin, it kinda burned, and it not only provided ZERO coverage (I know it's supposed to be sheer, but this was nothing) it actually accentuated every flaw on my face and made me look shiny, wet, and gave me the appearance of huge pores (mine aren't small or unnoticable by any means, but MUFE covers them great). I'm really really bummed, I wanted this to work SO much because of the price, amount, and packaging, but it's just not for me. MUFE it is.

on 9/13/2008 12:44:00 AM

I wish I would have tried this product sooner. I remember one day, I was in MAC, and the MA had glowy skin. I asked her what foundation she used, and she said "Face & Body". I didn't need foundation at the time, so I didn't buy it... but now that I did, I get compliments on my skin all the time. I love this stuff. I use MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Powder on top - and I have to agree with others - I love the packaging!

Oh, and I use a foundation brush to "paint" this on :)

on 9/12/2008 1:35:00 AM

I really love this product. While it's perfect for those needing light/sheer coverage, It can easily be layered for more coverage. You get a ton of product for the price you pay for it. I did the math, and this was actually cheaper per fluid ounce than the drugstore liquid foundation I used previously. It comes in a sanitary plastic squeezy bottle, perfect for squirting the product onto a palette. Just be careful not to be too aggressive with it, since the product is very thin and too much can come out of the bottle if not handled carefully.

I find that this applies onto my skin the best when I use my fingers or a dual fiber skunk brush(to stipple it on). I find that a regular foundation brush is too slow to blend this quick-drying product.

Even though the foundation is light coverage, it can be layered to a medium coverage. I have dark marks on my face from old pimples, so I follow this foundation with MAC Full Coverage foundation as a concealer(this is the same formula as MAC Studio Finish concealer only in a bigger container). Even if I use a lo of product on my face, it feels very natural. I don't *feel* the makeup on my face, like I did with other formulas.

I highly recommend this product to anyone, unless they REALLY need a full coverage foundation all over their entire face. I will repurchase this product because I love the natural look and feel that it gives.

on 9/1/2008 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this online after it was recommended to me by more than one person...i was looking for a foundation for my ridiculously sensitive skin and i wanted something that was a light coverage to even out my skin tone,provided a natural finish(neither matte,nor dewy)and something that wasnt going to irritate my skin or break me out(my skin is very difficult!) This foundation was supposedly "perfect" for me so i ordered it and waited excitedly for it to arrive.
I recieved it 2 days later in the morning so i quickly had a shower and cleansed etc so i could get my make up on.The colour was almost perfect for me (N2) so was feeling quite positive,however this was the ONLY good thing about this foundation! The coverage was basically non existant and it looked like i had just wiped oil all over my skin (i shook the bottle beforehand too) This also seemed to irritate my skin and i was breaking out alot more (i break out enough as it is!)
I called MAC customer service to express my disappointment and im now waiting for my returns label to arrive!....The search for my HG foundation continues :-(

Video Reviews & Tutorials