MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 6/30/2007 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

wow i love this foundation!

after fighting frequent battles with breakouts, oiliness, lack of staying power i decided to switch from a variety of liquids (laura mercier,vincent longo, virtual skin, traceless, tient idole, colorstay, almay w/kinetin) to mineral foundations. i tried bare minerals and l'oreal bare naturale. bm broke me out and looked metallic/shiny and the bare naturale was never the right color. then i jumped on the tm bandwagon - loved tarte so, but the silicones broke me out.

decided to pick up mac f&b after talking at length with my hairdresser. the color matches great! i am copper red hair, green eyes, but greek and irish heritage so i have very pale yellowish undertones. c1 matches my skin to a "t". the product is *very* watery out of the bottle. you need to shake it reallllllly well, then pour slowly, and spread quickly. it dries fast! so you do not have a lot of time to work with it... once you master the application, you set with a very light dusting of powder (i use the 'mineralize' by mac) and voila! even skintone, natural airbrushed finish, light-med coverage, but not cakey at all. more coverage than a tm i'd say...

the bottle is huge and the product is so liquid-y that i bet it will last a very, very long time. i used maybe the size of a nickel to do my whole face. love the tiny nozzle tip. could apply with a brush or sponge, but i'm faster and more accurate (and use less product) with my fingers...

my skin is normally on the sensitive yet oily side. but this has pretty good staying power so far. i will update if i start to break out after using this. highly recommend. will def repurchase.

on 6/1/2007 11:25:00 PM

I purchased this after it being recommended to me by an MA at the Boston store. While the color matches my skin tone much better than many of the other MAC foundations (which I find to be generally too orange), the foundation was overall disappoiting. It seemed to clump up in random areas of my face and didn't blend well at all. I tried applying with a sponge, a brush, my fingers, NOTHING worked. It has a watery consistency in the container but for some reason just sticks to the skin and doesn't want to blend. I found the finish , which the MA described as "dewy," as waaaaay beyond what I would consider dewy and straight up shiny, making me look grease-tastic unless I layered on more powder than I would have liked to. It did nothing to even out my skin and mask the redness i get around my nose during the course of the day, and still felt awkward and heavy on my skin. MAC is a great company, but I find their foundations lacking.

on 5/25/2007 1:33:00 PM

Originally when I bought this, I tried it briefly thought, ew watery greasy and doesn't cover! then washed it off and packed it away thinking well, at least I can probablyi use it for my legs or something..

I pulled it out of the cupboard a year later, and tried again.
I am a fool, such a fool for not giving this a chance. I hadn't even let it set last time. Yes it was watery but this time I applied with a brush over some cover FX foundation primer to guard my skin against potentially icky foundations.. and it layered so that even my breakout looked like good skin! It settled into my skin perfectly didn't highlight my pores, remained dewey and not greasy when it set, and it stayed put. I powdered over top as an afterthought and was slightly disappointed that some of the glow went away.. I didn't plan on doing full makeup as I was just going for coffee and to study a bit at starabucks, but I ended up doing it because I could pull it off with the coverage I got from this! I'll be wearing it tonight..

on 4/27/2007 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My dream foundation! I purchased this in C2 so that the yellow tone would cover any redness in my complexion. It applies like a dream, very light and natural. The colour is beautiful and leaves a sheer matte finish. It also conditions my sensitive skin. What more could a girl ask for in a foundation? I love you MAC!

on 4/2/2007 1:28:00 PM

I have tried all MAC foundations except this one, my standard favorite being studio tech in nc27. I got the c4 in the face and body, and i LOVE IT! I will definitely be getting this again. My skin is combination/oily, and this gives me the dewy look with just the right amount of coverage and without making my face look like an oil slick half way through the day. I put a bit on the back of my hand and applied it with a foundation brush. Kind of watery, but I like it, and it still gives great coverage. Will definitely buy again, although i think this will last for a really long time given the small amount you need and the large size of the bottle!

on 3/17/2007 1:27:00 PM

It took me ages to get this foundation as not all MAC counters and stores in the UK do this particular foundation. However after having my makeup done professionally with it I knew I had to have it.

It feels so light when you wear it but the coverage really is good. The price is quite cheap I think because it's a 120ml bottle, compared with the usual 30ml you get. It lasts forever - I bought it about 5 months ago and wear it everyday and am not even half way down the tube.

You can make build the colour, or if you prefer to use less move your brush through some of the liquid on the back of your hand in circles. This emulsifies the formula (according to the advisor) and makes the coverage more dense. I think it's quite good coverage anyway - and am so glad that I can do 'dewy' without looking like an oil slick now (combination skin)

on 3/9/2007 5:32:00 AM

This is my number one liquid foundation! This will do wonders in evening out tone and color, but admittedly doesn't do much for texture. I have brown spots leftover from teen acne that get covered up very well with this foundation. Other than that, I have yet to find such a sheer foundation that covers so much! I have worn this all over my face with people not realizing I had a stitch of makeup on! But lately, I like to use it only around my eyes, inner/upper cheeks, and chin for a highlighting effect, while setting my entire face with loose powder foundation. Using this on your body is amazing as well... try it on freshly shaved legs!

on 3/4/2007 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It's a very watery foundation, but kinda hard to blend. The coverage is extremely sheer but can be built up. Anyway, I'm just not really impressed by it. Will not repurchase.

on 3/3/2007 1:00:00 AM

I always experiment with different foundations, but this one I have bought again and again. I find the finish so natural. I have drier skin, and this seems to keep it feeling comfortable, although strangely enough I need blotting sheets during the day. I find setting with powder keeps the shine away for most of the day. Excellent packaging. I feel like I don't waste any of it. Since it expires after a year, a friend of mine suggested keeping it in the fridge.

on 3/2/2007 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

this sheer foundation really seems to suit people with skin on the drier side. my skin is combination/oily and i felt like the foundation just sat on top of my skin. eventually it felt greasy. i also didn't liek the smell - too much perfume. i definitely wouldn't buy this again. it seems like MAC has a really good color selection but their formulas aren't all that great.