December 20, 2014 | 1284 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Seyran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love how this product glides on my skin, does not clog pores, it is almost transparent and gives me a nice glow. Very natural finish. Does not sit on my facial lines. Huge bottle, will use for a long time and definitely will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Fawne84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

In addition to Sephora's all over skin foundation (old formula), this is my HG. The consistency is runny but it makes that makes it easier to blend IMO. The coverage is sheer but it can be layered on without looking cakey or fake. I never use concealer because this is definitely enough to even out any redness I may have. I do agree that it can be somewhat dewy (or oily for some) but a light dusting of loose powder will fix that. Personally, really matte foundations sometimes tend to look a little chalky on me so I love the natural finish this gives. I use the shade C2 and it is a perfect match for my light yellow toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2005 11:49:00 AM More reviews by symphorosa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you are blessed with clear skin, this is one of the best foundations out there! It goes on very sheer, but can be layered for more coverage. Keeps my slightly dry skin moisturized for hours and never looks cakey. By far the best liquid foundation from MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by almapolovina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favourite foundation ever. I use N1 (although, MAC make-up artist can never agree if I am N1 or C1). I have very oily T-zone, prone to break outs and I am also starting to get some fine lines around my eyes.

What I like about this foundation is that it does not make my face caked and does not emphases lines on my face, like other, heavier foundations do.

It has light coverage, but then I use concealed on my blemishes and final result is just fine. Since my T-zone is oily, any foundation I put on will run sooner or later, so at least this one does not look very obvious when that happens. I use MAC loose powder to set it and final result is very natural. My skin ends up looking smooth and nice.

It is pricey, but for the amount you get it's worth it. My bottle lasts for about 9-10 months and I use it almost every single day. Well worth the money spent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I really like this foundation. I purchased N2 and it matches wonderfully. It just evens out my skin without looking heavy and made up. I put a dusting of studio fix on top in N4. I will definately purchase this foundation again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

edit - funny thing, I don't wear this anymore. It sometimes looks streaky on my face, esp across my (large) forehead. Maybe with powder on top this would not happen, but I hate powder. Still, I did not return this is case I find a use for it, being for face and body

I am very happy with this foundation - it has very little coverage but is a fab base for concealer where you need it. It takes some use to it it is very runny out of the bottle - the first time I tried to get some on a sponge, but I missed the sponge and a huge squirt shot out into the sink (lucky I was over the sink hahaha) anyways, it is best if you put the tip directly onto the sponge (for personal use only - it is germy if you do this and then share the bottle - unless you start out this a clean sponge, I wash mine every other day) and saturate the sponge because just a little will be soaked up leaving nothing for your face, it is water based after all - this takes less than you would think - not that much is wasted. I put this all over my face and neck to cover the white cast from my mineral sunscreen (chemical ones burn my eyes) I am glad it does not have a sunscreen. LADIES YOU NEED TO APPLY SUNSCREEN BEFORE FOUNDATION. NOBODY WEARS ENOUGH FOUNDATION TO GET THE FULL SPF FOUNDATIONS HAVE, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE A MASK. PLUS YOU PHOTOGRAPH LIKE CASPER THE GHOST. I wear c3 and you can't tell I am wearing it - my face but better, dewy which I LOVE, very little coverage but as I said before it is a wonder base for concealer. I use a dab of cg smoothers foundation over spots (it had a good medium coverage) and a smaller spot dab of rimmel hydrasense concealer over anything else that shows. This way it looks nautral like I am not wearing makeup but my spots are covered. So far it has given my no skin problems, although I think I may forget to remove it from my neck some of the time. yes, it is a commitment to spend 30 dollars on foundation, but you get 4 oz so per oz it is less than cover girl. EDIT: I still like this foundation - but note: the bottle is big but it is watery so you use a lot even when you try hard for a shall squirt of it - I think that this bottle will last as long as a 1oz bottle of other $30 foundation - I am not taking points off for this, it works great, but be warned if the large bottle is a main selling point for you! - Oh and I use a brush now with it - the sponge does absorb too much of the product - yes not sooo much is wasted, but I like to conserve as much as possible.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2005 6:32:00 AM More reviews by evekk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a light foundation which would give me a dewy look (not too much tho) and one that I could layer on if I wanted more coverage. I uhmmed and ahhed between this and Select Tint with SPF and so glad I chose this. I found ST chalky whereas F&B was smooth. I reach for this quite a bit throughout the year - whereas I have some distinct winter/summer foundations only - and that in itself makes it versatile and gets one lippy in itself. I apply this with my MAC 190 foundation brush and it is very easy to put on and layer. The colour is just right for me as well, C2 (I don't normally tan - not in the UK anyway!). I mainly use it on the face but I recently used it for my sis' wedding on my back where I had a few spots and it did a great job. It's simple - no fuss. HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 9:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupNat79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for 3-4 years. It is amazing. As a makeup artist I have also tried MANY foundations both on myself and my clients and this one is awesome if you need just a little even-ing out. For more coverage you can layer it, or just use moisturecover concealer on top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2005 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

This is a very sheer foundation that dries very quickly. Once dry, it is hard to move around so you need to work quickly. I use this foundation when I'm going to be sweating or swimming as it is nicely waterproof.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jettgurrl

I love mac products, just not their foundations! This one broke my face out so bad. I never had a problem with breakouts until I started using this product, which is stinks since it provided great coverage!