September 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mzlola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this foundation its nice n light and a perfect colour match (c5)however although it looks amazing when u've just applied it i found with my skin within an hour it wasn't a dewy look it just looked oily and wet which is a shame =(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Bimbogirl18

Yuck... It is the WORST foundation I've tested! It is so oily and sticky on me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rach124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My beloved bottle of Virtual Skin broke, so I decided to take the opportunity to try something new (and maybe less delicately packaged). I bought MAC Face and Body in C2--it looked too dark in the bottle but right on my face when the MA put it on (I think I'm an NC20). When I tried it on at home, at first I wasn't happy; it looked fake and kind of orange. But when it dried, it suddenly looked like my skin color. You definitely have to blend this stuff a lot, and give it a minute or two to dry before putting on the rest of your makeup, and all that can be kind of annoying. If you have dry skin, you also have to be sure to moisturize well first; it's a thin foundation, not a tinted moisturizer, and it doesn't feel very emollient at all. I also find I need more concealer than I did with Virtual Skin. But despite those drawbacks, I still like this foundation; it really evens out my skin and gives it a subtle sort of polished glow that's hard to describe, without looking at all like makeup. When I don't wear concealer or powder over it, I get a nice, tinted moisturizer look. I haven't tried it on my body but it's a nice option to have. The packaging is great--I love MAC's painterly bottles. And they give you a ridiculous amount of the stuff; by the ounce, it's cheaper than most drugstore brands. I would repurchase this if I lost it, but in four years or so when I run out I might want something new.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Ailaois

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm... I can see how people would like this product, but unfortunately it just isn't for me.

For starters, I am NC-15 when it comes to MAC ratings but in comparison to all of their other foundations, this shade in this product seemed a little off - not quite the right shade it should have been. Anyhoo, it was also a little too sheer for my liking - more of a tinted moisturiser than anything else which, if I had wanted, I would have bought. To top it all off, I found that it had the tendancy to make my normal skin end up looking shiny and greasy.

For some people, this must be exactly what they are looking for, especially those with dry skin. For those with oily skin or wanting a little bit of coverage (as opposed to just evening out erratic skin tone), avoid and go for a more substantial product instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2004 12:01:00 AM More reviews by ILuvMangos

I havent used this product much and when i have used it my reactions have been up and down. It's very sheer which is good, it goes on well and leaves a nice dewy natural looking complection. I would probably buy it agin, though in think it is a bit too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was lured into trying MAC foundations because of their broad color spectrum. I have a horrible time finding a color in drugstore lines, so I figured I could find a good match in MAC. C3 was too dark on me, but it was the right color (yay!), so I'd imagine C2 would be a great match. I'll never know, though - I'm definitely not buying this again! It went on way too sheer for my needs (covering up winter redness). I had to put on 3 or 4 layers for it to even cover anything, and by then it looked cakey and fake. This is getting returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2004 10:57:00 PM More reviews by dinl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Studio Fix for years. I wanted something that was less powdery and more natural looking without heavy coverage. I tried this at the MAC store and loved it. The bottle is huge compared to the other liquid foundations and since I don't use a whole lot, this will go a long way. I apply with the 190 foundation brush, and use with either cream color bases on my cheeks or Benetint and my skin looks flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 8:32:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG! Sheer and natural and I LOVE it! Give me a natural glow, a "my skin but better" look. It goes on sheer but I go over my face w/ foundation brush & more product for areas that need more coverage. The formula is perfect for using a sponge, fingers or foundation brush and never streaks. Best part - I never feel like I am wearing "foundation". Actually it feels more like a tinted moisterizer and feels comfortable no matter what season - I just adjust my moisterizer I wear underneath instead of changing foundations. Love the packaging. Great color selection too. No complaints here. Would repurchase. I just hope there are no truth to the rumors that this product may be discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used many MAC foundations over the years - my favourite being Select Tint SPF 15. I bought this one because I have found that during the winter months, ST can look a little pasty on me. Face/Body is quite good; it's incredibly sheer and it evens out the skin. I dropped one lippie because I have a feeling it may be irritating my skin slightly (actually due to the cold weather and wind, I haven't quite discovered whether or not it is this foundation or simply mother nature that is causing redness!!). If you like the formula and find a good colour match, it is really good value. I use this in C4 (a little dark for the winter, but it is so sheer I can get away with it). I use NC40 in ST.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

This foundation has got to be one of THE best ones I've ever used. The consistency of it is quite runny at first but as you rub this on to your skin, the moisture starts to get absorbed and it "thickens" up. The coverage is light and the finish is satin but I don't get terribly oily through out the day. My skin is rather dry and pale so I purchased C2 for my NC25 skin...its a perfect match. I've been using this for over 3 weeks and NO break outs. HG material for $34!