MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 3/3/2007 1:00:00 AM

I always experiment with different foundations, but this one I have bought again and again. I find the finish so natural. I have drier skin, and this seems to keep it feeling comfortable, although strangely enough I need blotting sheets during the day. I find setting with powder keeps the shine away for most of the day. Excellent packaging. I feel like I don't waste any of it. Since it expires after a year, a friend of mine suggested keeping it in the fridge.

on 3/2/2007 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

this sheer foundation really seems to suit people with skin on the drier side. my skin is combination/oily and i felt like the foundation just sat on top of my skin. eventually it felt greasy. i also didn't liek the smell - too much perfume. i definitely wouldn't buy this again. it seems like MAC has a really good color selection but their formulas aren't all that great.

on 2/22/2007 10:57:00 PM

Okay, this is like my third review of a MAC foundation but I really do love them. However, this one is really special as it produces great results. It can be worn very sheer for that dewy look, or used heavier and then set well with translucent powder for that perfect matt look. It tends to look very natural and doesn’t dry the skin out. I’m not sure how good this foundation would be with oilier skins, but normal/dry/combination skins would benefit from this foundation. Excellent for professional use as colours can be mixed really well together. Great for darker skin colours as there can be pigmentation and colour differences in these skin types. I suffer from this, as I am naturally dark. However, this foundation melts and blends into the skin and produces great results without that ashy colour.

on 2/14/2007 7:20:00 PM

This is a great foundation. I had gone through two compacts of Studio Fix before I started using this, and strange enough, Studio Fix broke me out while Face and Body never has. The huge bottle is easy to use and stores well in my makeup bag. Considering I bought the bottle I'm using now back in July or August 2006 and I use it practically every day with still have half of it left, $30 is a bargain.

Formula wise, Face and Body is thin, but manages to cover all my flaws and redness. My skin is moderately oily with dry patches here and there, and luckily Face and Body is pretty forgiving as long as I moisturize before hand. That said, I think it could work for a range of skin types, except maybe very oily skin. It can be layered quite easily, so the coverage is highly adjustable, which I love. How you apply it really determines the coverage level, I've found. A brush or a sponge gives lighter coverage, while applying directly to the skin with your fingers gives more complete coverage. Overall, the finish is very natural, but I still powder so that it lasts and doesn't look too shiny. Unless you're going for an extremely dewy—bordering on greasy— look, setting with powder is pretty much a must with this product.

I took off one lippie because the color has always been a bit of an issue. If I'm not careful and layer on too much, it ends up looking too dark. I have a feeling the make up artist at the store matched me wrong, so if I repurchase this, I'll probably go to the lightest shade, C1, instead of C2.

on 1/17/2007 9:30:00 PM

I tried this face and body foundation after hearing about it being used in photo shoots and cat walk shows. This product is definitely value for money as it comes in a large hygienic squirt bottle, but can sometimes be a bit messy though. It is very sheer and provides light natural coverage, which is perfect if you have great skin ( I don’t), however it is a buildable foundation, which is why I love it and the colour is a great match to my skin tone I use N9 and MAC NW50. When using this foundation I think the key word is blend. with this foundation a little goes a long way, I usually apply this with a foundation brush and set the foundation with Mac blotting powder in dark, or deep dark which gives me a natural looking coverage. Its great for summer when you dont want full coverage and for a person who doest't like wearing much foundation much.

on 12/11/2006 10:29:00 PM

This has a very, very thin consistency. The coverage, as stated many times before, is natural. Very sheer. It is buildable, though.
I like the fact that the bottle is plastic, however, the dropper type top makes for a mess everytime I unscrew the cap. I guess it's not an air-tight seal or something, so when you shake the bottle some of the foundation leaks into the screw top lid...Very frustrating...but, that's my only big quibble with this foundation.

on 11/29/2006 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had been using Clinique Superfit makeup for years but I felt like it gave me enough coverage. I went to the MAC store and the saleswoman applied the Face and Body Foundation to my face. She applied a few layers more than I would but I could tell it was worth a try so I bought it and have been using it ever since. It is light enough to layer without feeling the heavy makeup feeling and it seems to last the whole day. I would recommend setting it with powder. Although it was $32 the bottle is huge and will probably last me a long time.

on 11/26/2006 9:44:00 AM

I've used MAC Face & Body off & on for years. It's 4 oz, so it is like getting 4 regular size bottles of foundation! It wears off in oily areas. I used to use MAC Satin foundation (NC20), but it wore off too quickly. I love Studio Tech (NW15) too, but the container doesn't last long.

Update: Set the foundation with powder! MAC's regular powder makes one look made up. MAC Set powder makes one's skin look flawless... not like one is wearing makeup! If you hate Face & Body, try setting it with Set powder before giving up on it. I wouldn't recommend it for those with very oily skin, however, as it tends to wear off oily skin quickly. I also recently tried & Love Physicians Formula Translucent Light PRESSED powder mineral foundation. It doesn't cover as much as Face & Body or Studio Tech, but it makes my skin look natural. I do NOT care for MAC's shimmery mineral foundations, which look fake!

on 11/23/2006 7:00:00 AM

Well the review I wrote for the Mac tint could also apply to this one too.
They just seem to wear off so quickly and I'm also wondering if the shade I have tried in both of these is as spot on as I first said. I chose c3 to go with my NC25 skin but it seemed sort of dull looking. Yes it does look natural but too natural if you know what I mean - I like my foundations sheer but I do want my skin to look groomed and with this it just doesnt! I look too barefaced! I love Mac normally but these two lastest purchases have been rather disappointing.
I do think this one is abit on the shiny side too - if I had to pick one I'd go for the Mac tint.

on 11/16/2006 3:42:00 PM

After trying the MUFE Face & Body for one week and it burned the upper layer off of my face, I am happy to say that MAC's Face & Body is a better match. It is less drying, and applies with the exact same coverage as the MUFE (sheer). I apply it with the MAC 187 brush, blend, blend, blend and let it settle for a couple of minutes. While applying, at the beginning I thought it wasn't covering at all, but after a couple of minutes it melts into my skin and evens out my skin tone, takes away my redness. I help out with a bit of green concealer where I need it. Overall, for the price and the consistency I love the product. It has not yet clogged my pores (used it about 3 weeks) or broken me out. The colour match is great (although not a big problem anyway because of the sheerness of the product). If you want sheer, economical and good quality, you can give this a try. EDIT: Cannot wear this anymore. It absolutely irritates and burns my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials