Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 1/7/2008 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this! i am constantly on the hunt for the perfect mascara that goes on without clumps, makes my lashes look dramatic and comes off easily, and this is it! I got this as a sample in black and couldn't wait to get more! I've gotten many compliments, some even said it looked like my lashes were so perfect they couldn't be real!

on 1/6/2008 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

I tried a sample of this; won't be buying. It's simply not as good for my purposes as some of their others - Naturally Glossy, Long Pretty, Lash Power. Nor as good as my favourites elewhere (see other reviews).

PROS: doesn't irritate eyes; not as clumpy as some others (Lancome, for ex.)

CONS: The formula was too thick, clogged and blobbed, and left lashes clumpy. The brush was thicker than any of my usual favourites, so didn't get mascara right down to the roots of my top lashes, and was generally less easy to handle. After combing through (with a fine metal-toothed lash comb), the result was better, but to my eye resembled either of my other usual Clinique mascaras, except it had required more effort. Lashes were slightly dry.

I didn't like, as it didn't fulfill my purposes. But I'd certainly recommend this for anyone looking for really thick lashes; an Occasionwear for lashes. The results were comparable to some of the lusher Lancome, Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, and Maybelline mascaras. continued >>

on 1/5/2008 1:06:00 PM

I got this in a bonus in black and really like it. I put on 1 coat and brush out my lashes with a mascara spoolie and then apply a second coat. It is a deep black and it goes on glossy & not too clumpy. However, I find I have to brush out any mascara to avoid looking like the raccon eyed ladies one finds at some cosmetic counters....I prefer Clinique & Lancome mascaras in the bonus size much better than the full size....so if I repurchase, I'm looking on Ebay. I have found Clinique's full size mascaras get too clumpy. Also, my other favorite mascara is MAC's Pro Longlash in Pitchblack.

on 1/4/2008 5:11:00 AM

A good everyday mascara, goes on easy without clumping and is very liquidy, but not a dramatic evening one. I'd choose it if you want to go a step up from buying drugstore mascaras, but aren't ready to throw down twenty bucks for something from a more upscale line.
UPDATE: This mascara hates my new eye cream. The eye cream needs to stay, because it's really working for me and that's hard to find, so it looks like I'm trying to find a new mascara. If you use an under-lid eye cream and it's got a creamy or greasy feel to it, this mascara isn't the best choice.

on 12/29/2007 5:29:00 PM

Really goes on easily and looks good, although is perhaps not the most dramatic mascara I've ever tried, it looks high quality, doesn't smudge... and is the best mascara I've ever tried for getting lower lashes looking good.

on 12/27/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's the most expensive mascara I've ever bought at 12.50, but that's still only 5 over Rimmel's LashMaxx, so I gave it a try. This was recommended by the Clinique SA who said she used this daily. She said it goes on very easily - and she's right. One stroke leaves a truly clump-free application of mascara that defines along the length of the lash. If, like me, you have tried half a dozen cheap mascaras, stop trying them out and just invest in a tube of this. Mascara for glamour-craving morons.

on 12/26/2007 8:33:00 PM

I got this as part of Clinique's GWP. I curled my lashes prior to application of this mascara and I was disappointed that it actually took away the "curl" the curler gave me. I had to apply it 2-3x to make it more visible and I ended up with spidery-looking lashes. Didn't work for me. :(

on 12/25/2007 1:08:00 PM

I love this mascara. It has a rich black color and the brush is nice and big and round, but still easy to touch to your bottom lashes. It makes my lashes thick and long. I really have no lashes at all, and my sister has incredibly long ones, yet she said it looked like I had false lashes on. I know that this will be a new HG for me, I totally love the effect it gives my eyes. Also, it doesn't clump for me at all.

on 12/22/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara, in fact I believe it's my HG! It really makes my lashes long, thus making my eyes "pop". I have sensitive eyes as well, so it does not bother them, which is always good. The brush is also nice, as it holds a good amount of product, without clumping up on the brush or on my eyelashes.

on 12/17/2007 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

FYI, I'm using the non-waterproof/washable version of this mascara.

I got this as a sample, and I like that it really lengthens your lashes, and is easy to put on as the formula is really smooth. It also doesnt clump on me. However, it smudges like crazy, which I don't like. After half a day, I was getting black smudges under my eyes which were very noticable. I tried it a few times because I really loved the lengthening effect, but to no avail, since it smudged gleefully each time I used it. Maybe it's because I was using the non-waterproof version of the mascara...can't speak for the waterproof version.

What a pity this smudges so badly, I wouldn't rebuy it.