October 26, 2014 | 1659 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2003 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an ok cleanser. It seemed to dry my face out a bit. I prefer a creamer face wash. I probably won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by EyeCatcha

At first it seemed to tone down some redness but then it breaks me out like crazy....
Really irritating and drying (and I have combination skin!) edit: used it i was 17 or 18 years old. update 4.juli/2006: can't remember if I had the normal to oily skin cleanser version or the normal one or is it for dry skin? cetaphil it's very good i learned, i used it without any cream or sunscreen on top, and without toner or tonic! tones down redness, makes my skin look wonderful and beautiful love cetaphil outstanding don't know if i'll use it again though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser I started using it recently and it has worked really well for me--I have combination/oily skin and I used to have a red dry patch near my mouth no other soap or creme had helped but this cured my skin it is now soft and smooth--it's a keeper!

Update: 9/3/13
This is still a fav....not expensive, nice smell, doesn't break me out or irritate my skin, removes makeup....wonderful!!! I tried many others but came back to this it's awesome!! Doctor recommended!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by chowell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always read that Cetaphil is the best product for your skin. I have extremely oily skin so I bought this formula. The smell was way too strong and my face dried out so bad. My skin was tight and flaky (and I've never had this problem in my life). And unlike the original formula you CANNOT take off your eye makeup with it. I made the mistake of not reading the label and I just assumed. It burnt my eyes so badly!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2003 3:39:00 PM More reviews by annabellla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The oily formula is hard to find, but I think it's better than the original which just feels like water on my face. This product doesn't clear up my skin, but I am happy with it's gentle formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2003 3:37:00 AM More reviews by teabox

surprisingly, very strongly fragranced. however very good cleanser, washes clean, kept my face from breaking out, but do not remove makeup that well. not very crazy about it although it is a good cleanser, perhaps will buy again if one day they reformulate with less fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2003 8:46:00 PM More reviews by aliciasands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this all through college and stayed pimple free. It's great for combination or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2003 12:39:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second bottle of this now. For my eczema-prone, rather cranky skin, this stuff is just fine. The smell is nothing big -- if you're used to your cleansers smelling like roses or oranges or whatever that Aveda scent is, you might take exception to this basically fresh, non-descript fragrance. I got over it fast, because it does the same job as my high-end, fancy-scented cleansers, only for much less expense. My skin is happy, and so is my bank account. As far as I'm concerned, Cetaphil has never made a bad product. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2003 12:17:00 AM More reviews by nakisawame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good cheap cleanser for oily skin, and has none of the icky residue the mild cleanser can have. I haven't had any problems with it, except that the fragrance isn't very good and I try to ignore it (but sometimes am not always able to :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2003 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Josie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am trying to simplify my skincare routine, and I think this is a nice, basic cleanser that doesn't irritate me or break me out. It was recommended to me by my derm. I have really oily skin and this works well, even though it says "normal to oily." Smells a little bit better than Purpose which is also a pretty good product for me.