Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

I don't wear foundation very often, but when I do, I wear this. I'm an LSF#5 and it just sinks right into my skin and covers very well. Perfect match. It definitely is Luminous, and gives my face a nice glow without being phospherescent. Very good for building and makes my skin look flawless.

My advice though is to make sure you've moisturised well because while it is quite slick, it will get cakey on any dry spots. I hope they never discontinue it!

on 10/20/2003 3:38:00 PM

Love this foundation. I don't know that it's anything truly spectacular, but here is what I like about it: full coverage. The consistency is rather thin but it's extremely pigmented, such that I really only need concealer for very dark spots on my face. It stays on all day, and actually looks better by the end of the day (at least on my dry skin). Unfragranced, unlike Becca's LSC which I used right before this.

Things I don't like: the colors are a little odd. You know how most Chantecaille foundations are just too pink for most skin tones? I think the Armani is too beige. My complexion is LLL/FFF, but #5 is too dark, and while #4 doesn't look too light, neither of them blend into my skin the way my Becca LSC in Cashmere did - I sat at the counter for an hour and there was not a single perfect match, and I decided it's because the colors are just toned oddly.

That said, the pump dispenser is convenient and hygenic (although the pump dispenses a little too much), and the price isn't bad. Great coverage, doesn't look overly heavy. Retails for $46.00

on 10/19/2003 8:53:00 AM

I'm still torn about this product. I've used it with the foundation brush and it still takes me longer to apply it evenly. Plus, as the MA suggested, I blot the excess with a make-up sponge. It seems to take a lot of time to get this product to blend.

When I finally do get it on, it's amazing! My skin glows and it looks extremely natural. I was worried that it would make my combination skin (oily with dry patches) more oily, but it doesn't. It's a wonderful foundation when I have the time and patience.

UPDATE: I've given up on LSF. It's too time consuming, magnifies dry patches, and became too oily on my skin, even though it's oil-free. I've switched to GA MSF, and that is my HG foundation.

on 10/14/2003 1:59:00 PM

The Cadillac of foundations. So many shades to choose from you can't not find a colormatch. Melds into the skin perfectly faking a flawless canvas. But at $55.00 a bottle it bloody better be good!

on 10/7/2003 9:20:00 PM

Made my skin oily after just a couple hours, so I am not able to justify the price. May work well for someone with dry skin. I didn't expect that there were tiny glitter like particles that make it 'luminous' and I am not into that all over my face.

on 10/2/2003 5:32:00 PM

I wanted to love this. Really, I did. I have heard so many raves. But, man! What a disappointment! At first, it looks great. But, it made my pores look huge, oily after a short time, faded in other areas and, worst of all, I BROKE OUT BADLY! Grrr! Up for swap!

on 10/1/2003 9:39:00 AM

ok, i admit: i bought this due to the raves on p'ville. when i finally have it, i tried abit on the back of my hand & cant detect anything special at all (nope, no angels descending the sky) so i didnt really care for it much (same applies for becca lsc). finally, i applied the lsf today & im in love
thumbs-up:

-live up to its name of being both "luminious" and "silky"

buildable coverage from sheer to medium without looking cakey or patchy

please moisturise well / apply a makeup base. otherwise, blending is more challenging & color may oxidize slightly

i dont like the opaque bottle as i like to see how much product remains
i truly love this product, but if i must choose, i'll still stick with my first love VLWC =) continued >>

on 9/30/2003 10:43:00 PM

First, the positives. This foundation is incredibly easy to apply and melts into a beautiful finish that makes my skin look like it was meant to look - even without looking masky. #4 is a perfect color match for my NC20 skin. It looks great all day and I found it *very* easy to apply.

Now, the negatives. The main drawback to this (as many others have noted) is that it settles into pores. I have some noticeable pores on my nose and this stuff just sits right on top of them. Not good.

However, because I love the way this looks on the rest of my face, I was willing to experiment a little to see if I could get this to work for me. I have found that the trick is to apply this *very* lightly on my nose. As long as I don't overapply, this looks great.

Bottom line, anyone with large pores should definitely sample before buying to see if it will work for you. If it does work, it is just beautiful!

on 9/29/2003 6:35:00 PM

Very interesting stuff, this foundation. Definite highs and lows, but overall a unique and worthwhile product. Pros: very smooth, light texture, good color selection, decent light coverage, dewy soft finish, no pore-clogging ingredients/not acnegenic. Relatively easy to wash off yet long-lasting. Cons: faint makeup-y odor, gets more shiny as time passes, no SPF, doesn't really melt in/can look masky, difficult to control pump, pricey. I think it's OK for my combo skin although I do get somewhat shiny. You still need concealer for dark spots/scars. I wouldn't call this a holy grail product, but there isn't anything else I've tried that is similar to this either. The MA matched me as 4.5, which is a touch light for me but hardly noticeable. (light medium with peach/yellow undertone)

on 9/26/2003 10:19:00 AM

I love this foundation. It's lightweight, looks natural on and also stays on. It's a bit pricey but for the quality of the foundation, I think it is worth it. I use this with my Jurlique Silk Dust and the combination is perfect for me. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials