September 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2002 6:33:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I am in the minority here and cannot get this foundation to work for me. First I was given #4 for my skin which initially looked pretty good on but then after a couple of hours turned muddy looking on my skin. Exchanged it for the #2 which again looked pretty good on my skin. But again my face looked muddy as the day went on. Why? This foundation seems to settle in any fine lines I have and highlights dry areas on my face. I've tried different application techniques, different sunscreens underneath, mixing the LSF with the sheer highlighters--nothing helps to make this look better on my skin. WAAAAAAHHHHHH!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2002 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Alison

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a very tough time finding foundations that are the right color as I'm very pale and need a very neutral color (not pink, not yellow). I am trying a sample of LSF#2 and am amazed by the color match. I have tried applying this with both fingers and a foundation brush, and either works (I prefer a brush). It is easy to layer this foundation, though I find I have to work quickly as it is thin and dries quickly. It leaves a beautiful and undetectable finish on my skin and doesn't change color at all. I'm impressed and will probably buy this when my sample runs out. It does have a slight "industrial" scent that might bother some, but the scent disappears almost immediately.

BTW, many have compared this to Vincent Longo Liquid Canvas...I have that but don't like it as much as the Armani...it just doesn't leave the same perfect finish as the LSF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2002 12:50:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty nice. After dumping my Laura Mercier product (I found it too thick and masklike - I like a more sheer, natural look), I found this. I wouldn't say it makes my face luminous, but it has a very natural finish and is sheer enough for my liking. The bottle, though, does irritate me - too much product glops out at once which means a lot of wastage!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2002 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice foundation, but not quite holy grail material. this is very similar to VL healthy skin foundation. Buildable medium coverage foundation--I didn't get the dewy look with this even though my skin was a bit on teh oily side and it was humid, but it covered well--a bit too much for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2002 3:35:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

This is *really* nice. The foundation gives a light-medium coverage and blends so easily, leaving a smooth layer on the skin. I have combination skin and this doesn't slip off or accentuate my dry cheeks. It also lasted through the entire evening of partying, and doesn't break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2002 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bari_liz

Im in love! After searching Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, CHANEL, Prescriptives, and Bobbi Brown, Ive finally found a foundation light enough for my skin color! I am shade #1 (#0 is white, used to lighten other foundations) and it blends so well that you cant even tell im wearing makeup! ahhhh, my search for the perfect foundation is finally over. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2002 1:23:00 PM More reviews by cecil007chan

Gorgeous product!
I'm PX sheer vellum, VLWC creme beige and #4 matches my skin perfectly.

This just melts into the skin (no sign that you're wearing foundatio), with coverage and dewy finish.
I love the packaging too, hygenic and makes the product last longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2002 12:07:00 AM More reviews by pnlaw

I finally got myself this foundation after reading so many raves! The colour I got is #8 which is a little off (I got someone to get it for me so I didn't try it on). I also got a sample for #7 and I think I am between #7 and #8. I still like it a lot though. It's thin and covers well. I also like the pump design because contamination is minimised. I do agree that it can be quite difficult to control the amount sometimes as I tend to get too much out. This has very little oil-control properties so my combi skin will get oily after about 3-4 hours which is quite a drawback. I'd really love it if I got a shade that matches my skin tone perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, the good. This foundation goes on so smoothly because of the silicone- a little goes a long way. It covers nicely but isn't cakey in the least. It leaves a dewy finish that isn't shimmery or greasy, just dewy and glowy. I wear #2 and am a Stila B/BB Warm Ivory-- the numbering starts at 0, which is white. My two problems with it are 1) The pump. It's great to be sanitary but difficult to control. One pump is a little too much for my face, but it's hard to do half a pump so I always end up wasting that last bit. It gets messy around the pump because it doesn't squirt out, just sort of down. Second, if I don't blot, I am quite oily at the end of the day. This is inevitable with my skin, but this foundation seems to make it happen more quickly. Overall, this is a wonderful foundation that I use when i'm going out for a little extra something.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by DawnD

I read all the great reviews about this product but could never find it in any of the stores around me. On my honeymoon in Paris, I went to a Sephora and I was so happy to finally be able to try this on. I tried on shade #5, which is neutral-toned and it really blended into my skin well. It was a definite keeper, so I bought it. I really am loving it so far...I have pretty dry skin though except for my nose, which I need to blot throughout the day. Overall, this is my favorite foundation except for the pump dispenser and for it's unavailability in my area (orange county, calif.).