Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 12/10/2003 3:46:00 AM

This foundation is so natural. I love the finish it gives. I apply it with a foundation brush and always get desired effect. It's like magic. The color selection is very nice also. GA has truly beige base tones which i think is the most natural for a PPP. I wear shade #2.

on 11/22/2003 9:33:00 PM

The best foundation I have used in terms of coverage and radiance. However, the shades seem wrong for my olive Asian skin. It's either too yellowish or too pink.

on 11/22/2003 7:31:00 AM

Just for the record, I should start by stating that I haven't got a full bottle of the LSF, but I have tried samples. These samples were for #3 and #4, which are very good matches to my skin: the #4 for most of the year and the #3 for the winter months. Right now it's actually a mix of the two that looks the most perfect. I am neutral/warm toned, and that's the reason why these shades look so good on. I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone with a cool complexion - far too much yellow in it.
The texture is pleasant, a bit like liquid cream. To me, it smells a bit like baby lotion. It blends in very nicely, and the medium coverage doesn't look mask-like on me. It has a natural and silky finish which makes my skin look flawless, except in areas where I might have some dryness. If the skin is even slightly flaking or peeling, the LSF will magnify it x10. However, on my nose, where I have quite a few blackheads and larger pores, it looks great. The rest of my skin is pretty clear, so it looks good there too, but that's not exactly a surprise.
The LSF wears well. I have worn it from morning to late at night, and it holds up nicely, but not any better than any other good foundation I've tried. I need to blot a few times over the day (maybe 3), but it manages to look "in place" throughout. The colour does turn slightly darker as the day progresses, but only very slightly so (another person wouldn't notice). It hasn't broken me out either.
In the end, this is a good foundation: it feels and looks natural on, and it makes my skin look pretty much flawless. If it weren't for the ridiculous price of US$49 for 30 ml, I'd probably like to give it a 4/4.5, and most likely purchase a full size. But the price is a very important factor in choosing a product, and it keeps me from getting a full bottle. To me, it's simply not worth it. continued >>

on 11/21/2003 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love, love, love this. i have sensitive medium asian skin and i use #5 LSF in the winter and #6 LSF in the summer. i've been using this for a couple of years and i've had no problems with breakouts or inflamation. i naturally have redness to my skin and i buy this LSF to hide it and it works very well to even out my skintone. it works so well on me that when i drink alcohol you can't see me blush bright red. it's very pigmented, it provides medium to full coverage depending on how much you put on, and it's versatile - mix it with moisturizer for a sheer look. it does have a smell to it (i think it smells a bit like caladryl lotion). i like the pump bottle so bacteria doesn't get in.

on 11/18/2003 11:07:00 PM

Eww. I'm not often inspired to review, but here goes. I got samples from Saks of both LSF and MSF. Color #4 is a great match. For some reason this made me break out horribly. I have combo, sensitive skin that turns red but doesn't break out. I used the LSF on one side of my face and the MSF on the other. After a day of wear, the MSF side looks ok and the LSF looks like an odd rash.

on 11/16/2003 8:10:00 AM

So much has been said about this foundation, and I'll just add to the raving reviews. I use the #4 color-the perfect color match- and blend it on my face with a foundation brush(not GA). It looks like clean even skin,you cannot usually tell I'm wearing any foundation.For me it best looks when mixed with liquid sheer-just add special sheen to the face(not shine..lol). This is my first Armani foundation but I have a feeling I will repurchase this from now on. TIP:Because this is not a very moisturizing foundation, it does tend to emphasize flakies, so I cannot stress moisturizing well with this foundation enough.If your skin is well-moisturized this foundation will be a dream.

on 11/10/2003 7:23:00 PM

This foundation is MAGIC. I just love everything about it - the perfectly matching shade (#5), the texture, the packaging... Absolutely no problem with my combo Acne Rosacea skin. I do recommend using this foundation w/ Armani loose powder. The radiance and silky texure seems to die a little bit with other powders.

on 11/9/2003 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm just discovering that Armani line is all about texture. Their LSF is some of the best foundation ever. Having a bad luck with Becca (doesn't react well with my dry skin) this one is definitely a winner. #4 is a tad pinker than my asian, naturally-yellow tone skin but it wears like silk on my dry skin. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches or fine lines and love the soft fragrance. The coverage is light to medium, and it does creases on my frownlines if powdered too heavily, so I usually skip powder and add either cream blush/powder blush on top.

If you are in the market for a new foundation, this one is worth checking out. It is a bit costly but very much worth it. continued >>

on 11/7/2003 7:38:00 PM

i LOVE this stuff! when i first started wearing it, people (including my own boyfriend) would look at me, tilt their head and say, "wow, your skin looks really good!" it really makes me glow and doesn't have glitter flecks like in other products. it's a bit pricey, but it lasts. just one pump, and i'm good for the rest of the day!

on 11/5/2003 11:16:00 PM

This stuff is great. I've tried RMK, SKII and clinique before this. All of them are fine but LSF is just magic. Good coverage yet it looks so natural on my skin. Contrary to what some MUAers were saying, it doesn't emphasize my pores. Gives dewy finish without any dramatic shimmer. Thumbs up!

Video Reviews & Tutorials