Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 3/22/2003 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had the opportunity to test-drive this foundation recently and here are my thoughts...
Pros: excellent colors, feels light on the skin, lasts fairly well.
Cons: not nearly enough pigment to cover hyperpigmentation, and way too expensive!

I'm an NC20 & shade #2 was a perfect match.

Some have said that this gives amazing coverage but I disagree. I expected a fuller coverage foundation but this doesn't have enough pigment to pull off that kind of coverage (and yes, I tried to layer over trouble spots). I have combo skin, and liked the feel but I need more coverage.

on 3/20/2003 1:10:00 PM

*REVISED* A few years ago when I first tried this foundation, I sampled shade #5 and not only found it to be too pale for my NC30-35 skin, but it also did not "sit" well on my dry-normal skin. I could see the layer of foundation sitting on my flaky top layer of skin. Horrible. I rated this product a 1. Then recently, I revisited this product in shade #6 and found it to be amazing! Either they changed the formulation or my skin changed, but this shade now works BEAUTIFULLY. Set with loose powder, it gives me a flawless look. I find that I have to blot around my t-zone after 2-3 hours, but afterwards, it still looks great and lasts all day. Its my HG now.

I guess I could give it more lippies cuz it IS a good foundation, just not right for oily / combo skin. It leaves a nice finish (not much coverage tho), but after a little while (less than an hour) it just looks dirty-shiny.

The color match was good tho, I have light skin w/ yellow undertones and LSF #5 look really good. But for a little while only.

Ughh, well I had to try it!

on 3/18/2003 6:04:00 PM

I really, really wanted to love this, and I did for about 1 hour! It only lasted about an hour me. I have pretty oily skin right now, and I must say this just had no oil control properties. i loved the finish, though. I liken it to Chantecaille Future SKin. Don't use if you are oily/shiny.

on 3/16/2003 8:46:00 PM

I think I've finally found my perfect foundation. I liked my Becca LSC but the Armani LSF is even better. It gives a really nice finish and has a good coverage. I find that the Armani colour matches my skin better than the Becca one. It didn't cause any breakouts. Five stars for this product!

on 3/12/2003 11:14:00 AM

Oohhhh..I wanted to love this so much. Waited weeks for my sample from Saks. Didn't love it. Very average to me. Definately not for anyone with dry skin...enhanced my flakes and didn't have too much staying power. Good coverage and natural finish though.

on 3/10/2003 1:42:00 AM

Love this foundation. I can't say that it lasts; afterall, non of my foundation (liquid or 2-way) lasts on me.

I love it because it's easy to apply, doesn't streak and it's not too sheer (like RMK's liquid fdtn) nor too thick. It covers my pores relatively well and blends.

The design of the bottle is great too! A pump dispenser will prevent wastage and ensure that the content is not contaminated.

I am now using #4 (MAC NC30, Stila #C). continued >>

on 3/9/2003 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased a bottle of this in #8 on a recent trip to NYC. I have to admit I am very impressed with this foundation. I have normal to dry skin with some redness around my nose. This foundation wears all day and gives my skin a warm radiant glow. I wear it alone and without powder. So far I'm very pleased with it. I also have best results with applying with a foundation brush.

on 3/5/2003 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have some of this in shade 0, which sadly I could probably wear without anything else! However, because it lacks tons of coverage I mix it with EL's Equalizer in Pearl, a foundation which I love but is a tiny bit too dark. Well - this is a FABULOUS combination!!! My skin looks perfect, not a bit mask-y or heavily made-up, just perfected and radiant. I only have some redness to take care of, so I don't know how it would work for those who need a lot of coverage. Now, if only they made a super-pale shade that wasn't yellow, I'd be even happier - I'm docking a lipstick for that. But as a mix with the EL, I adore this.

on 3/2/2003 6:02:00 PM

This is by far the best foundation ever!!! I was very skeptical at first of the entire line. I mean, what's a suit designer doing making cosmetics, but this is definately better than any of the other foundations I've tried. It is, I suppose, the makeup equivalent of an Armani wardrobe: nothing gimmicky and super trendy. In other words, you can't go wrong. This is a "classic" foundation done right. It's moisturizing but not oily, comes in a very sanitary dispenser, and evens out skin tone like no other. But as with most designer clothes, this designer foundation is not made with the intention of covering up egregious flaws. It can only enhance your skin, so don't expect a miracle out of this bottle. If you have good skin (read, I don't think this foundation will work for the acne prone), this foundation will do exactly what its name implies: it will make you glow. I use this foundation everyday and love it about 29 days out of 30. It is lightweight, silky and does an amazing job of evening out your skin tone. But when I have a random pimple, this foundation will do nothing but slick over it. It doesn't look disasterous, but it is a huge challenge to blend a matte concealer into an otherwise glowing complexion. All things considered, this is a superb formula and I prefer this to Sue Devitt's Triple Seaweed Whipped Foundation as well as the Lorac Oil-Free foundation that I have loyally used for some two years before. On a good day, nothing short of a glycolic facial can make my skin look as perfect and supple as this foundation. UPDATE: I stopped using this for a while and began wearing Chanel's Sun Illuminator exclusively. I am returning to this even though it is now EVEN pricier at $50 (as if that was possible!!). Anyways, LSF is still the best around. You can't beat the finish. My skin's tone and texture looks better with this on. Many other foundations are designed to only address the tone only, but LSF manages to create a healthy dewy complexion.

Video Reviews & Tutorials