Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

On the whole it's not a bad foundation. I have a feeling though that #8 is a touch too dark for me. I don't mind it so long as I take the time to blend it in right.

The consistency is quite light and the finish is quite satiny. However because I have combo skin, I do need to use powder with this and make it matte, which is not the point of this foundation.

I haven't quite decided if I want to rebuy it again because of those two points above. However, if I do buy it again, I will only buy it from Heathrow's Terminal 3, where they have it at tax free prices.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm on my second bottle. I'm a PPP with slight yellow undertones and # 2 seems to be best for me. As other reviewers have said, one pump is plenty and it is buildable if you need it, but in a magnifying mirror, I can see it sitting on top of my skin. This "sitting" effect is evident whether my application is with hand, brush or wedge, although I find applying with my hand is fastest and gives the most even application. It is fairly long lasting. More natural looking than LM moisturizing foundation. For a big night out or any time it's important that it look really good, I use a primer over my moisturizer. It really looks super then. In warmer weather, I will switch to TM Even Skin which is thinner and slightly sheerer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i am not shopping around for foundations again. i don't need to. armani's lsf is absolutely perfect in every way. it's pricey, sure, but it's worth it for a foundation that matches my skin tone exactly and provides medium, natural coverage. it literally feels like you're smoothing liquid silk over your face, and despite some of the recent reviews, blends easily whether you're using a foundation brush or just your fingers. i have oily skin, but chose to use the lsf rather than the matte version. i found that lsf controls shine and gave me a fresh, dewy look throughout the day. it lasts forever, and i think it even looks better as time progresses. the bottle is beautiful and comes with a convenient pump dispenser, which eliminates the mess that foundations can cause. if you've been debating whether it's worth putting down so much money for just a bottle of foundation, i strongly urge you to get it. think of all the time, exhaustive effort, and money you'll save trying to find that perfect foundation because the search ends here.

I used to swear on chantecaille's real skin foundation until i tried this.... The texture is unbelievable and it makes you look flawless and glowing without having the embalmed look. The reason why i gave it four stars instead of five is because it doesn't have SPF!!!! People who don't like shine should stay away from this, and i don't know how this would work in hot sticky weather... Summer's coming up so we;ll see!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Armani makes so many wonderful products it is no surprise that the LSF is so lovely on. I recently acquired a La Prairie skin caviar foundation through a swap here on MUA and it *does* do more for me than the Armani LSF, but the LSF still looks really good, too!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Eh..not too impressed by this product. It didn't create the illusion of flawless skin for me and neither did I like the feel of it on my face. It was..slick? Also, it stuck to the dry patches on my face and it wasn't a pretty sight. Strangely, it's very sheer on me too - didn't cover up anything! What's the point of wearing a foundation that doesn't cover anything in the first place? No go for me :( I had so wanted to like this after hearing the raves...but I guess it would work on people with great skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation applies like a dream. It is so silky and smooth. Also, even though it says luminous, I can't detect any shimmer. Because my skin is dry, this shows up as a matte foundation. I am a MAC C3 and use #4. This foundation is in a class of it's own (just like their clothes)!!!

I love this foundation! Just perfect for my mature, combination/oily skin. Has a very silky, light texture yet provides nice coverage. Doesn't emphasize lines or pores at all. Wish it were less expensive, but I think it's worth $42 for the look it gives my skin.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not my HG foundation, but a wonderful one, nonetheless. The coverage is medium - slightly heavier than I like for everyday, so I tend to wear this when I'm doing more of a "full-face" look - as opposed to my minimalist everyday face. It does make my skin glow, and it covers just enough to even things and still look natural. My only gripe is that I tend to get very shiny within a few hours. Nothing a blot paper can't handle, but this is definitely a cool weather foundation for me; in summertime I'd be an oil slick within an hour!

So much buzz around this product. Went to GA counter at Saks and MUA tried #1 on me. From a distance it looked fine. Up close it was horrible. Dry pataches and flakes were appearing out of nowhere and it didn't seem to "stick" to some parts of my face. Disappointed, left, didn't purchase. Moisturized like crazy for 3 days, went back to counter wearing moisturizer AND primer. Same thing again! Try GA MSF instead. Also, anyone notice the weird smell....?