November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2002 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, I have combination skin that's very sensitive, and lately I've been getting lots of flakies (winter time?).. although this foundation doesn't cause any irrations, it does accentuates the flakies which makes the finish look rather unnatural and chalky. BUT that is only the case when I wear it in daylight or anywhere with sunlight. When I have this on at night, my skin looks soooo luminous and polished! (i know, love it? hate it?) It also has a wonderful staying power--I put it on at 8am, and it's still intact at 9pm without any touchups! The coverage is adjustable, from sheer to medium. It won't cover any acne marks or blemishes though. The finish is shinny, not in an oily way but in a luminous way. I've debated whether I should keep it or swap it, and in the end I've decided to keep it for evening use. I wear #4 (Chanel 20 Clair, Becca Camel, Chantecaille Camomile).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2002 4:32:00 AM More reviews by decardes

OMGosh!!! i love this foundation, it's silky and a breeze to apply, it's soo sheer so you can control how much coverage you want. i'm LSF #5 and MAC NC30, i can't stop raving about this foundation it comes in a pump bottle *very hygenic* and it's weightless, feels like a second skin!
only one gripe, although the pump dispenser is super hygenic it kinda squeezes out alot.. oh well.. but this product it soo perfect i have combi skin and my face feels so matte. a definate MUST BUY!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2002 9:20:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I just received a sample of this in a swap and I am LOVING this stuff. This foundation really makes my skin look even and makes it look like as if I'm not wearing any foundation! I usually use Becca's foundation stick or Chanel's Double Perfection Compact and this is way better than those two. I've also tried Becca's LSC but the Becca one didn't offer me any coverage and looked a bit greasy on my combo oily skin. The LSF just blended in. I will have to get the full size of this foundation for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2002 1:45:00 PM More reviews by icit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was way to slick for me. I wanted to love it after all the work it took for me to get the sample but I couldn't. It's too greasy (not silky) and don't stay on the skin. It covers nothing. I also found that if you touch your face it comes right off without any effort. It's more like a colored cream. I love the texture but it doesn't do the job of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2002 7:06:00 PM More reviews by trishouna

I picked up this because my muched loved Chanel DPF was too drying for my winter skin. This is a nice hydrating foundation that goes on very sheer, but provides enough coverage to even out my skin. It also gives a dewey finish without looking like a grease pot.

I don't know if i LOVE it, but i certainly like it a lot. Kinda reminds me of Chanel's Multi-Vitamin Foundation.

Very natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2002 6:15:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent foundation which blends really easily and feels very silky. The best thing about it is that I don't need any powder over the top of it. I bought shade #1 which is almost too pale for my skin so next time I'll probably buy #2. UPDATE: I now wear #2 and have bought 3 bottles of this stuff so far. Total Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2002 1:02:00 AM More reviews by BarbaraN

After hearing all of the raves for this foundation, I called the Saks in NY and had samples sent to me in numbers 4, 5 and 6 (I wear Bobbi Brown Beige, MAC Studiofix NW25 and Becca Toast). Number 6 was a perfect match, and I have since ordered a full-sized bottle and have been wearing it for the last couple of weeks - flawless! You control how sheer you want it, or build up for more coverage during breakouts, etc. My new holy grail of foundations - MUAers have the best recommendations!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2002 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cbohanno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have definitely decided I HATE this! I have tried and tried to make it work and can't. It doesn't cover a thing if I put on one coat, and it flakes off if I use more. Either way it makes me look like I have worse skin than I do! I have been using Revlon Colorstay Lite and find it to be FAR superior for $12. I have slightly oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2002 5:19:00 PM More reviews by fancyface

I am so bummed! I expected this to be THE ONE and it just really didn't work for me at ALL. I actually returned it, it didn't work that much for me- it takes a lot for me to return! But everytime I wore it: 1)it wore off and creased up under my eyes worse than just about anything and 2) it got really greasy after a short time. That said, the first 2 seconds I put it on it looks fantastic- ultra smooth and silky. Too bad that look doesn't last even 1/2 a second with facial movements. I tried no eye cream, different eye creams, waiting 30 minutes after lotion, different powders, nothing. It just did not work at all for me.
:-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2002 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been road testing the generous factory issue sample of Armani's LSF foundation (liquid)that I received as a surprise in a parcel from a fellow MUA'er here in Seattle (waves!).

Its quite good. However, I prefer the sheer, natural coverage and ease of application Vincent Longo Water Canvas or Awake Hydro Touch.

I don't use foundation every day but when I do I apply in the am, set with a little powder (YSL or LeClerc)and do not touch it for the rest of the day. Even when I have combination skin I never carry blotting powder with me.

I've been wearing #4 which is a bit too yellow for me and it does makes my skin have that "she's wearing foundation" look. Its thick, luxurious, silky and has a lovely finish. Perhaps I've been spoiled by the sheerness of Awake and Longo. I can not recommend this for combination and oily skin gals. If you like a medium coverage, have normal to dry skin and don't mind looking like you are wearing foundation then this might be for you. Its is top shelf quality, just don't think this foundation is for me.

Saturday 11:31 pm Amended Review: I wore this foundation to the Symphony today and hrs later my makeup is intact, the finish is polished, luxurious, silky-satin and flawless. I set it with YSL powder and used Shiseido's velour puff. My skin looked and felt like a million bucks. I might just have to purchase this foundation for evening wear only afterall. I still think, for my lifestyle, this its too heavy for daytime. :-)