July 29, 2014 | 1600 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by shadoweloc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think I would buy it again, but it is SO EXPENSIVE. It makes my skin look fantastic, doesn't settle in fine lines, and it just looks great. The problem, aside from the price, is the fact that is too yellow based. I have cool undertones and I'm very pale, and this foundation is SO HARD to match.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by rt83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation as a sample for the last week or so. The color (Punjab) is nice and perfectly matches my skin tone. It does accentuate dry skin quite badly. Even with hardcore exfoliation and moisturizing, it seems to pick up dry skin I didn't know I had. The good news is that I've noticed that after a half hour or so, my natural skin oils seem to once again diminish any dry patches the foundation might have picked up so in the end it's not much of a problem for me.

I put in an online order for the foundation yesterday, but today I'm noticing that it might be breaking me out into small spots, or clogged pores (I've been putting the foundation on only one side of my face when I'm around the house so I could be sure I could tell if it was clogging my pores, that side of my face is getting small bumps). I'll go ahead and use the bottle I just ordered since I don't want to pay shipping and send it back. I'll use it when I'm going out every now and then, and daily under my eyes since it covers my dark circles quite well. If not for possible break outs, it's a great foundation and I would have bought again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will not repurchase this because it is too expensive and does not come with a pump. I think you can find foundation just as nice or nicer at the drugstore. This foundation is not glowy and does not make you shiny, but it's not matte either. It takes too long to dry or set. I use this in Macao. This shade is only available online. It was easy to choose the color on line based on the shades in Sephora that didn't work for me. I am NC45 / NW43 in MAC. I like the way this foundation looks on my face. It looks very natural and smooth and gives a softness to my face. What I don't like is the staying power. I'm gone from 6AM to 7PM and I need my face to look flawless that long as well. This does not do that. It lasted 5 hours at most with a primer!! Not good for $42 foundation. I will keep this because I basically got it free with a giftcard. But I will not repurchase when it is gone. I will wear this on days that I will only be out for a few hours only.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by alicehere

Omg, I am in love with this foundation! This is the first foundation that my boyfriend said he couldn't tell I was wearing make up. Usually he likes to pinpoint that my makeup is showing, because he hates it when I wear make up, but this one he can't! So it shows you just about how natural it is! It gives very good coverage, in my opinion medium-to full and its very buildable. The color match is perfect on my very asian yellow skin, I wear the color punjab and for reference I am a nc27-30. Definetely recommend this foundation, its def worth the 42 dollar price tag!

I did a current/may favorites and the Nars Sheer Glow was featured on it and I was wearing it during filming, so if you guys want to hear reviews on this product and many more please check me out! support a fellow make up lover :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

I got a sample from Sephora in Santa Fe. At first, I was really happy with it- great color match and loved the way it looked on. It really didn't last the whole day in our humidity, but hardly anything does. That disappointed me just a little, but I could deal with it. The deal breaker here is that it broke me out. This is only the second foundation- EVER to break me out (the other was MAC studio fix). I use lots of foundations on a rotating basis since I get bored easily- so EL Double Wear, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Armani LSF, Armani Lasting Silk, Everyday Minerals, etc have never broken me out! Didn't occur to me that I was breaking out because of it until I stopped using the sample...So unfortunately will not purchase full size. Too bad because the color match and finish were really lovely...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this foundation after trying Sheer Matte, which I found too drying. Unfortunately this foundation didn't live up to my expectations - it left my skin matte instead of glowing and was quite drying on my skin. I also found it difficult to blend. The bottle could also do with a pump! Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by soshana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love Nars. Untill just recently I did not care for their foundations, though. When they came out with these foundations I died and gone to heaven. I am a little oily but love the dewy (not oily) look so the artist recommended that I get the Sheer Matte for the t-zone of the same color and that is what I did. I use the sheer matte in the center and the sheer glow all over.... it is better than airbrushing. I also did get the pumps from the website, so that they will last longer. If you want more coverage you can get it, by adding more. If you want a light finish that looks natural this is the best. Converted!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hey ladies, a pump for this foundation is now available for $6.00 on NARS website! I love this foundation, I wear FIJI and I am a MAC 20-25 (yellow undertones, with a lot of redness in my face). I have oily skin and this foundation provides wonderful coverage, I do use Murad's mattifier lotion and Skindanavia's Finishing Makeup Spray and both help with my foundation lasting longer as I live in a hot/humid area of the country.
I will repurchase and now that a pump is available I wont find myself wasting so much foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1028

I LOVE this foundation. I recommend it to everyone. It feel so light and smooth, I forget I'm even wearing makeup. Sheer matte is nice too, but I'm not a fan of matte finishes. This has the perfect satin finish, not oily looking and not shimmery. Just it just has a beautiful "glow". The price is outrageous, but it's so worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by junethea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay foundation. But I cannot justify buying a $42 US foundation if it is only okay. I have normal skin, and I think the foundation looks too dry. It has a little shimmer (not too noticeable) which I'm guessing is the "glow" part. But besides that, this is pretty much a soft matte foundation. It is light-medium coverage, however I think it is closer to medium than light. It's still natural looking, though. I think it would be a great natural foundation for someone who has a slightly oilier skin.
I do love how Syracuse perfectly matches my NC42 skin.