NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 10/5/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really don't know what happened, I used to love this foundation but after a while it just looks so bad on me. I have tried applying it with different brushes, sponges and my fingers, but it doesn't matter what I do it looks horrible. After a few hours it's melting off my face, so gross, and it sits on my pores making them super noticeable, because the foundation that gets inside the pores looks lighter for some reason. Not working for my dry skin.

on 10/5/2010 1:21:00 PM

I was very excited to try out this foundation after all the positive raves about it. I do like it but I think it is overrated lust a bit.
The color is perfect match for me I have Light 4 Deauville. Consistency is great, very sheer and liquidly, I like that because it blends very well, it doesn’t dry out quick so it is easy to blend and it also evens out on your skin. I use regular foundation brush and it works for me. Gives you nice glow, very due finish, great for summer and fall, makes your skin look naturally gorges and even. It has a buildable coverage; I would say it is medium coverage.
Now to the negatives….The sheer gorges glow stays on your skin for about an hour, then it turns to oily finish, you will have to touch up with matte powder throughout the day to get it look as it was when you applied it.
It doesn’t have long wear quality, it will slide off your face, I think for me it lasts for about 4-5 hours, but I do work long hours and sometimes I go out after work, so I have to reapply it at work, which is not good. Very overpriced for the quality, and the worst part, no pump. It is very liquidly, so it is easy to get too much.
Will not repurchase it again, this is great special occasion foundation, not for every day.

on 10/5/2010 1:01:00 AM

I have dry and oily skin and after applying this I was complimented on how natural and smooth my skin looked. The foundation looks very natural, it`s light, and it stays on through sweat and long hours, but sometimes needs a little touch up.

on 10/4/2010 7:02:00 PM

Because my skin is combination and very blotchy (rosacea, melasma, freckles), I use this foundation in conjuction with Estee Lauder's Double Wear (in Ecru). By itself, it wouldn't provide enough coverage, and would probably melt off my face by noon - as it's for normal-to-dry skin. That said, it offers the perfect counter to the pink mask that is DW. While DW gives me reliable coverage - ESPECIALLY in the humid subtropics where I live, I could never wear it alone. Nars' Sheer Glow (in Ceylan - a luminous yellow) somehow melts into the DW to create a very natural color for my skin. That basically primes it for the work I then do to create a perfect complexion. I dip my MAC 138 in MAC prep+prime powder, and kind of roll/press it onto my skin to lightly set. Then I contour my cheeks lightly with Nars Laguna (again with the 138), followed by a very light sweep across my forehead, nose, and chin. Using the 138 once more (I'll have to do a review on the miracle that is the 138 at some point), I *lightly* dust my cheekbones with MAC's Vanilla pigment, and an *even lighter* dusting (barely any pigment on the brush) across my forehead, nose, and chin. No shine, no shimmer, no kidding. Together, it's flawless. Flawless. I've found this magical combination receives compliments DAILY. I was NEVER complimented on my skin in the past (using Shiseido, Laura Mercier, Colorstay, or Nars Sheer Glow and Estee Lauder Double Wear separately). For me, Nars Sheer Glow is part of a winning formula - but a vital part. Oh! I use a damp wedge sponge to apply both the DW and Sheer Glow (just ordered the BeautyBlender). I literally stipple the foundations on in very thin layers - no primer, no moisturizer needed. It's taken me FOREVER to find the equation that works for me, and I owe much of that to MUA and plain old trial and error. Hope this helps! continued >>

on 10/4/2010 2:38:00 AM

I was extremely hesitant to buy this foundation after my experience with the Sheer Matte Foundation. This foundation is nothing special. I really couldn't find that much of a difference with this and the Sheer Matte. The color selection is too yellow for my skin tone. The application of this is a little different from the Sheer Matte, it's thicker and heavier. The end result of this is very similar to the other. It just sunk into my pores and looked very thick. Which is not something that I like. I am so disapointed in the NARS foundations. Wish they would have worked for me :( it was such waste of money, now there just sitting in my foundation draw not being used. Dissapointing.

on 10/3/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't understand the hype with this. It doesn't give me a beautiful satin finish and the shade Ceylan is not yellow enough for my NC20 pale-olive skin. The foundation is too average to be such an expensive product. I do like the fact that it is very light on the skin, but so was my MUFE F&B. And that was cheaper and you got more product for your money. Chock full of silicones and way too over hyped and overrated. I'll be returning this to Sephora right away.

on 10/2/2010 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff. It is the perfect liquid foundation for combo skin. I tried alot but nothing comes close. I am stay @ home mom so dont wear lots of makup but I collect and wear sometimes, this stuff makes me feel madeup. Love all things Nars.

on 10/1/2010 2:45:00 PM

Very nice foundation. I used this with my beauty blender sponge, and I just LOVE the finish of this foundation. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation on my face, and this baby covers them ALL! I don't even need concealers. (It saved me a lot of time in the morning). I put a thin layer of this all over the face, then go back with an extra layer on my cheeks, where all the imperfections are. With the second layer, it's nearly a full coverage. My setting powder is matt, so I skip it sometimes. Now the only thing I would complain about, is that after a few hours, I see a lot of shine on the nose and forehead. BUT, I'm sure this is because I didn't set the foundation. My primer at this time had no oil control, which I'm sure it would of be a lot better if it had. This is a pretty expensive foundation, however, you really get what u paid for. Quality 5 / 5, no doubt. SG in Fiji, MAC NC25

on 9/29/2010 11:27:00 PM

I have FINALLY found my HD foundation. I have only been using this foundation for a few days, but I can already see a clear improvement in my complexion and general makeup application. Although the description says this foundation is for dry to normal skin, I have combination type skin with a very oily T-zone, and it has worked flawlessly. I am only having to use powder in the morning to initially set my makeup, and then once more mid-afternoon to touch up. Do not let the name 'sheer glow' fool you-individuals with combo or oily skin can wear this, and I am a walking testimony to that! It gives much more of a matte finish, and throughout the day, your skin does develop a slight 'glow' instead of oiliness. I would say the coverage is medium to full, but you can definitely make it a more sheer coverage depending on what tools you use, your personal makeup routine and how much foundation you choose to use. I do wish for the amount of money this foundation is ($42.00 at Sephora) it came with the pump instead of having to order it off the Nars website for an additional $6 (and shipping is $4.95!). That does seem a little steep to me. If you're looking for an alternative to the pump, I use a Q-tip to dip into the bottle and then spread around on my face before using my flat foundation brush to even out the coverage. It seems to be just as effective, and I know I'm not wasting more product than I should. I HIGHLY recommend this product to anybody looking for a long, wearing and great coverage foundation. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation will not disappoint!

on 9/29/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a really nice foundation that gives you a healthy non shimmery glow (think Jennifer Aniston's glow).
I have oily/combo skin. The finish is velvet, not dewy/sticky, not mat. It can look masky once applied but then it just "sets" the following minutes, letting your natural complexion shine through. You don't need too much also, a little goes along the away.
I set it with MAC Finishing translucent powder and the Mist Spray: BAM: I get Red Carpet's natural glow.
It's totally worth the price to me. It feels good when you touch your skin. It's not longwear though but you still look somewhat made-up at the end of the day.

My color: Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect, a tad ashy). Can be solved with MAC MSF ( I use the one in Dark)

More info that could help:
I wear/have tried/worn:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (just ok but best texture of all foundations),
I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match.has the right dose/amount of yellow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials