November 26, 2014 | 1504 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by amonte89

with all the hype about this foundation, I was sooo excited to buy it. However, once I used it, I HATED it. Not only is this foundation not long lasting, it doesn't cover anything. I know it is supposed to be sheer, but this just doesn't do anything for me. After I bought it, I went back to my MAC studio fluid foundation. I think this would be a good foundation for someone just starting with liquid foundation. But, if you want to cover imperfections or have a flawless face, I don't reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by xjewelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation about a month ago because I heard amazing things about it. I can't even begin to say how much I love this product. The coverage is medium to full, I barely need concealer after I apply it. It doesn't look or feel heavy on your skin. A little bit goes a long way so in the end it is worth every penny. Make sure to check your skin in natural light only because I find that the colors can be a little deceiving in the bottle. I also wish it came with a pump but that is very minor. I will absolutely be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by UmNooh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great as it looks very light and natural on your skin when you use a small amount of the product, and honestly all you need is a very small to give yourself that even tone, clean look. The only problem I have noticed with this product is that if you have dry patches on your skin, or bumps that have dry areas near them, it will stick to the patch and emphasize it. Also I noticed that it cracks just a little bit on the area above my chin, in the crease between my lips and chin.

The way to make this product really work is to make sure that you moisturize very well, and regularly. I found this is what helps me get the best out of this product.

It feels so light on the skin which is great. I have read that the best way to apply this product is by using your fingers. I am honestly not a fan of applying foundation that way. I use my mac 187 stippling brush, a very small amout each time, and blend. This gives me a great finish. Maybe using your fingers works best when you want to apply a heavier coverage.

It also hasn't broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I just need the smallest amount to achieve a uniform look with a healthy complexion!
I am NC25 an di wear Deauville or Santa Fe.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ari4356

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always on the search for a new foundation. I was excited about the new Nars foundations and was first interested in the Sheer Matte due to my oily skin. I didn't like it and decided to try the Sheer Glow. I love it. It is so easy to blend, and the color selection is pretty good. My face does get a little oily by the end of the day and I do have to touch up once or twice, but the finish is so nice that it really doesn't bother me. I can't wait for fall/winter to see if it holds up better than during the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Mymylmao

At first I was skeptic on buying this foundation. At first it was hard to blend with my 190 brush. I tried my 187 brush and it works wonders but the best way to blend this product is with your hands. I think people with dry skin should be careful with this product because dry marks on skin may look patchy with this foundation. Love that this product is buildable and looks natural. Highly recommend buying the NARS primer because it tends to blend better with the product. Other primers make it hard for me to blend out this foundation. It is long lasting. Here and there I may need to touch up my t zone because it gets too oily. Excellent coverage and so light weight. Will be buying this pruct again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by BJulie

So far the best foundation I have ever tried. Better than MUFE HD Foundation, IMO. Stays well on my combination/oily skin, but not with any primer underneath. I found it works best with MAC Matte or Philosophy The Present as primers, and applied with fingers instead of a brush. Looks extremely natural, has good coverage, has a satiny/velvety finish that is very flattering. I set it with my favorite powder, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, and my face looks flawless for hours! Highly recommended. It's expensive, but worth every penny for the quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by hmkramer

Probably the best overall foundation I have ever used. Yes, it's expensive but it's high quality and lasts a long time. Does not irritate my skin at all, great selection of colors. You can wear it very sheer or build it up for coverage. Either way, it looks really fresh, never heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by fuctbambi

WHAT I LOVE:
-This foundation looks absolutely perfect in photography. My skin has never looked so flawless. I have also never gotten so many comments on my skin when I wear this foundation.
-I am an NC 35 in MAC, and the shade Punjab is just perfect. The NARS foundations aren't as yellow as MAC, but I find the NARS tone is better suited on my asian skin.
-I really like how this foundation dries using a MAC 130 brush, and it doesn't need to be set by a powder.

WHAT I DISLIKE:
-I have very dry cheeks, and a normal t-zone that gets fairly oily throughout the day. This foundation does not control the oil. The wear of this foundation lasts about 6 hours for me. When the 6th hour hits, my skin becomes fairly oily around my t-zone. (Without foundation, my t-zone becomes oily around 8 hours after I wake up)
-Another problem with my skin is that most foundations tend to ephasize the dryness in my cheeks. This foundation does that, unless I moisturize a lot. Also I cannot wear this everyday because for somereason if I wear this foundation over two days in a row but skin becomes excessively dry.
-I feel like the coverage is a little too heavy for everyday (good or bad, I guess)
-Upon application, it becomes tricky. The less applied, the better. But because the packaging is SO horrible, it becomes difficult to get the right amount out without wasting so much product. So if I accidently pour out too much product, I feel the need to use ALL of it because it would be such a waste if I dont since the foundation is quite expensive

OVERALL VERDICT:
-I love this foundation when the right amount is applied, like i said the less applied is better for me. I usually apply the majority on my cheeks and blend out.
-This foundation does not last long enough for my 8+ hours day at work, and also the finish it gives me makes me feel too "made-up"
-I WILL ABSOLUTELY repurchase due to the flawless look it gives in photography. I normally wear it when I go out, and I know there will be flash photography, but not my daily foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by guanacaxlatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

{PICTURES IN MY PROFILE}
.. one thing i like is that it has NO FRAGRANCE.. which is awesome!! the color matches are pretty alright, im an NC42 in MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID and i got this in SYRACUSE.. its not as yelllow as my mac, but not too noticable.. its just a tad bit off my skin tone (atm we're in winter here, soo its acceptable) perhaps in spring/summer it will match me perfectly.. the coverage is sheer to medium, but def buildable to cover scars but not as good as MAC SFF, goes on like a second skin. would probably purchase again if i can afford too, its really expensive at $99AUD..