April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ames1001

i wanted to love this so much and on paper it sounded perfect. firstly i was matched wrongly in colour to light 4 by the sa but i could just get away with it as summer is coming but thats still pissy when you pay so much for the product and the knowledge of sa's.

- on first application lovely, sheer, not too heavy just ver natural looking but it didnt last.

i have combination skin and this sank in to every small pore on my nose and i have never had a foundation do that and dont have very large pores at all!!!!

has no staying power what so ever even with a primer and i could only get this to last 3-4 hrs max before i needed to re do my whole face.

i dont touch my face very much at all and after a few hours i got that blotchy look like my makeup had been stippled??

for the price i was dissapointed and it was very promising but whilst the colour selection is good and light 3 would have been perfect the formula just doesnt work on me.

on the other hand because this failed i have now discovered dior nude skin which was my second option and it is much much better - if your having the same problems with sheer glow as me try the dior !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by appey01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried so hard to love this foundation...but was left disappointed every time I used it. I tried to apply it every way possible and it still didnt seem to work for my skin. I have dry and sensitive skin and it seemed to highlight every single dry area on my face and it just sat on top of my skin. Not hydrating at all. I returned it and moved on to Chanel which is where I will stay. I would imagine this is great for different skin types but I wouldn't recommend this for someone with dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i docked off another lippie for this product because after finding my hg foundation(dior nude), it made me realize all the things i disliked about this foundation while on the hunt for my hg. imho, i feel like this accentuates any kind of dry skin i have within hours whereas the dior nude one doesn't. i also found it hard to find my exact color match even with the sephora ma's help. with most foundations out there, i can get away with a slighty off color match but i feel like with sheer glow, i can't as it will be very apparent. i'm not very fond of this scent either, doesn't smell very pleasant to me and after a few hours of wearing this, it smells a bit plastic-y and oily. this doesn't have the best staying power either. after a few hours i feel like all my dry patches are emphasized even more and the foundation just ends up looking streaky and cake-y=disgusting. another reason i dislike this is because of how easily you can tell i was wearing makeup. i only use a layer with my mac 187 brush. to me, i never thought it was too much makeup because i am used to seeing myself in foundation. a close friend asked me why i was wearing so much makeup when i had this on, and my other friend had agreed. and close friends don't lie to you! so i had to conclude that it just wasn't working for me. i do however am glad that it works for so many other people out there though! good points about this foundation is how it is non-comodegenic and oil-free which is good for your skin. i also love that it has a dewy finish. sadly this couldn't work for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have normal/slightly dryish and very sensitive skin. This foundation suited me perfectly! It provides a very natural, non-sticky and fresh look. The coverage is sheer to medium depending on application. There are loads of wonderful shades to pick from and my current shade is Gobi, although I will buy a darker shade for when I am more tan.
I love that this foundation is fragrance free and non-comedogenic, which is extremely important for as I wont buy foundations with fragrance in it!
It doesn't dry out my skin and it does not oxidise throughout the day. My skin looks fresh and not irritated when I take off the makeup at the end of the day.
This together with the Vichy Aera Teint Pure Creme Foundation are currently my HG's!
I definitely recommend and will rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by karynpwilson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow - I love this product. Although very expensive in Australia ($99AUD) this is the best foundation I have ever used. Best applied with fingers after warming the product. Forget the brush.

My only complaint is that there is no pump in the product, but I snafooed one from the Nars counter. Someone told me NARS will add a pump in the near future.

My colour is Mont Blanc - a perfect match for my very fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I have no idea why NARS market this as a sheer glow foundation with a target market at Normal to Dry Skin, becos I have Normal/Combo/Oily Skin and it works wonders for me. I, like many other reviewers expected it to make my face look shiny and oily but my god it wasn't the case, in fact I was so shocked at how 'matte' and 'silky' the finish was. As with all my NARS foundations I use my hands, I find it works a lot better this way for me (although it didnt look too shabby applied and buffed with a MAC 109). I find this foundation actually looks better as the day goes on .... I am def in love and will repurchase this until it gets discontinued!

But the packaging... sucks...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over the years, I have accumulated quite the collection of foundations. I hate when foundations feel heavy and look too matte. I think the best way to find a color match is to go to a store and swatch it. It is too hard to order online via MAC coloring. For reference I am NW20-25 and I purchase punjab (originally ordered deauville). It is a medium coverage which blends into my skin exactly. There is noway you can see inperfections. You would never know I was wearing foundation. My skin just feel moisturized. After removal of this, my skin is softer and more even. I have found my HG and now thrown out my other foundations. PS thanx MUA or else I would have never found this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by genericbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the only makeup product I could never live without. I have a hard time finding foundation because I am so pale, but it turns out that Siberia is the absolute perfect match for me. My cheeks are normal, but my t-zone is incredibly oily. Foundations start running off of my nose or my chin after one hour and the blotting sheets do nothing for me. However, my pores are nearly invisible and the foundation withstands the insane amounts of oil that my face produces. Another thing that is really great about this foundation is that it doesn't oxidize. I've had issues with foundations turning yellow on my face but I do not have that issue with this. The only downsides are that it is really expensive and it doesn't come with a pump. I felt like I was going to pass out when I was paying for this despite knowing the price beforehand. Without the pump, I tend to pour out way more than needed, so quite a bit of the product is wasted which means more money down the drain. Even though the cons are definitely disappointing, the pros completely outweigh them. I am absolutely going to buy this product again, but next time i'll try to find a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lihenegri

I like this foundation. It's medium coverage, good enough for daily use. For stage use, just need to use double amount, it covers very well. As I have concert sometimes, I need a foundation cover well for stage and also nature looking as after the concert I might need to talk to people. To me, it's the best.

I actually chose a coulor a bit darker than my skin as I dont want to look soooooooo pale white on photos.

I have normal skin. The Lancome foundation is too oily for me, and the MAC is too dry. this NARS is just what I want.

And it NEVER gives you that mask looking, so I love it!!

I bought it for 28, which is ok and it last a long time even you use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nitumathew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I am one of the odd ones that could never find an exact match to my skin using the MAC foundations. The closest match was the Mineralize Satinfinish in NC50 which is lighter than the normal NC50 and darker than NC45.
Anyway, I use Sheer Glow in the color Macao. Although Sephora doesnt have all the shades, I bought mine from C O Bigleow after a makeup consult. I love how it feels and covers so effectively.
The only con I see is the fact that it can get slightly messy since it doesnt come with a pump. I consider this an investment to get glowy, dewy and natural skin or at least the look of it without piling tons of makeup on.

I have to give kudos to NARS who have mastered the art of having several shades for darker skintones and having different shades of yellow too! LOVE IT!!

EDIT: 11/14/10
Macao is definitely my fall and winter color. I did go buy a pump from the NARS website for 6 bucks. I only wish that one of the NARS colors would work for me in the summer, but the other shades are darker than my summer tan:( I still love the foundation and using my second bottle!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No