April 21, 2014 | 1201 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by falldream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this from Sephora online. It came cracked, and that should have been a sign. It works terribly on pale skin (or any skin at all, I imagine). It's dirty and gritty and blah. It is not a bronzer so much as powdery matte mud. Needless, to say I returned it- promptly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Ollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I got this in a swap eons ago and the first time I tried it with the cruddy enclosed brush, I looked like I fell in dirt. I used a fluffier brush and it looked like I dived in dirt. I let it hibernate forever in my drawer, but I pulled it out the other day and I figured out how to use this product properly and now I love it! I lightly dip my blush brush in the cake and blend it into a tissue before brushing it on my face. Ah! Sweet tan! My friend said I looked tanner today and didn't know why. I feigned idiocy. But this is perfect and I'm a C2. True tan, no shimmer, no orange. Meow!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ak808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, the packaging sucks. You can't travel with Hoola at all. The last time I tried that it broke to pieces. But I love the product. I used it when I was pale in Seattle (using BeneFit 06 fan brush was the key to avoid too much color) and still use it now with my darker complexion in Hawaii. Great for contouring.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2004 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jrpagv

I didn't like this bronzer at all. It's not worth the money (in my opinion). I'm not extremely fair, but I do have light skin. This bronzer was hard to blend and looked like I was wearing mud or orange dirt on my face. There's too much brown and orange in it. It didn't look natural. I have found several other similar products that were much cheaper and looked much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 1:12:00 PM More reviews by NoraRebecca

This is my HG bronzer and I'm sure if it; I'm on my 7th box! It is a matte, soft powder that has no pink or orange undertones, just the perfect natural tan color. It is also free of shimmer which means it can be used all over the face. I dont like to tan my face for fear of wrinkles so I equalize it to my body with HOOLA. About 10 women I know have gotten their own since I showed it to them...just dont use the included brush. Try a good-quality blush or bronzer brush with HOOLA for the perfect bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 9:00:00 AM More reviews by lesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great neutral bronzer, great brush, fantastic consistency for a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2003 3:52:00 PM More reviews by remixx

Hoola by BeneFit is my must-have bronzer...definitely worth the price! I'm a GGG so it goes perfectly with my skin. I love to use it as a touch up to my tan after returning from vacation, but I'll also use it when going out at night or whenever I want to look a little tanner. The brush is a thin, rectangular shape and kind of harsh, so though usuable, other blush brushers are better. I also wish that the lid would stay put, but it's one of those things where it just keeps the product covered. Overall, great product for girls with yellow or orange undertones! I give it ***** ;)

just took this out again recently. brought it out to add a little bronzer to my look, then decided to just see how dark i could get lol. da-amn. i jumped to a true CCC, as if i'd been on vacation and really sat out. just wanted to add this new little rave! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2003 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Shannyd11

I honestly have tried every powder bronzer that is out there and Hoola is by far the best one. I swear by this product, I cannot live without it! It is a natural tan color, with no orange or shimmer at all, just color! Best used with a big powder brush so it goes on evenly. Awesome for summer, but great to put on cheeks. forehead, etc in winter time to give you some color. Recommend to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2003 6:24:00 PM More reviews by crickette24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my all-time beauty must-haves!!! But....I've been told that it doesn't look good on everyone's skin tone. I am medium complected, blonde, blue-eyed. This stuff gives me a natural neutral tan look without sparkles / glimmer (which is a fake-tan tip-off, IMO) and without the dangerous sun! Whenever I wear Hoola, I get a ton of complements about how healthy I look...it looks great and gives me a healthy glow. I also like to use it wetted instead of brown eyeshadow. My sister has more olive skin and brown/auburn hair and the product made her look sooooo odd (almost washed out and creepy). So, try it at the store first.

The only down side to this product is the container....it cracks really easily and the cracked powder tends to fall all over and mess everything up if the box isn't sealed (use an elastic band). The brush also leave something to be desired. Use a regular large blush brush and tap it a few times before applying. a little bit goes a really long way with this product, so be conservative and you will get better less messy results.

But, crappy brush and box aside, I adore this product. It makes me feel like I spent a week in the caribbean without the sun damange! Try it with BeneFit Dandelion for a pinky hued tan!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by missuslisa

As usual the brush included was useless, but I tried to like the product. I wish they made a bronzer that was a little lighter. This is not for all skin tones, regardless of what the salepeople tell you. If your not careful and very fair you could end up looking very weird.