Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/25/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wanting to get this palette for a long time. Picked it up at Sephora's the other day since the holidays are coming (insideous marketing madness)...So, what if the holidays are coming? Why did I "need" this? I didn't. I liked the idea of a palette of neutrals in one convenient container, and since I've always loved Urban Decay's zero liner (my most favorite black eyeliner), I caved in and bought it.

Pros: Decent pigmentation and beautiful colors for the most part.

Cons: Surprisingly A LOT of fallout. Way too much shimmer in too many of the colors.

I prefer matte so there won't be another purchase of this one. I might go with Dior shadows next time, although I do expect this palette to last a couple of years.

on 11/25/2011 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this palette has some real pretty shades...some very unique neutral toned colors that you wouldnt find elsewhere, in other brands, but it also has a lot of shimmer, and a fair amount of fallout. I do love the amount of looks, everything from barely there to smokey I can get with this palette, but for the people who prefer relatively "matte" looks, they won't get much use out of this palette.

I do love this palette because I find the shades very unique, Im not a high end snob, and often think that drugstore shades can dupe for high end products, but a lot of these shades are very unique and have several different qualities to them that would be hard to find in any other brands of makeup, no matter what the price.

packaging was beautiful btw!

I wish there was less fallout though, and preferably another matte shade added to the palette. The name implies "naked" but the palette, in my opinion is more "neutral. A "Neutral palette" implies that the shadows are tones of grey, brown, gold, etc. And more muted then they are bright. "naked" however, implies that it should be relatively subdued neutrals-which many of these shadows are not. All I'm applying is that you do not need to invest in this for a completely natural look if thats what you're after, but save up your money and purchase it for a huge variety of super sexy, daytime to night-time looks and super interesting tones of shadow.

on 11/22/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Just looking at this palette i knew i had to have it . The colors looked beautiful , and i LOVE the packaging . Now once i actually used them i was a little let down at first bc i was in a rush and just wanted to try the colors so i skipped the primer . Bad idea . The colors are very pale without the primer , but as its supposed to be used with the primer they look pretty good & you can definitley create alot of different looks with this palette. It has all of my must have colors . The only con i can think of is that the colors fade alot as the day goes on .

I love this palette. It really has everything you need and you can create endless combinations and looks using this one palette! My most used: Sin, Naked, Buck, Half Baked, Toasted, Darkhorse, and Hustle. I use Naked and Buck for my brows. There is some glitter fallout but that is to be expected from the Midnight shades. I think I'll be getting the Naked 2 palette for my collection! The only thing I don't like is the velvet case because it attracts lint and hair. Yuck.

on 11/21/2011 3:00:00 AM

The idea and the colours are nice but shadows are too glittery (and when I say "glittery" I don't mean "shimmery"..); there's a lot of fall out and only 2 mat shades. I wish Urban Decay would change the formulation and turn most shades from 'glittery' to 'mat'. Girls: spend your money in a better quality pallete, even with less colour, but with a better pay-back. For me this was a big "much ado about
nothing"...:-(

on 11/19/2011 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wasn't actually expecting a lot from this palette, i just wanted a range of different neutral eyeshadows of decent quality. Which "naked" is not, even though the concept is super nice. That's why:
-seriously, it's TOO MUCH GLITTER! It's not that silky tiny shimmers, it is seriously a cheap tacky glitter not even a teenager would wear
- only two matte shades
-many colours seem alike
-massive fallout
- packaging is not convinient to use and the velvet will catch lint
- not that it matters, since i have professional brushes, but the brush suck
Overall - only 4 colours turned out to be wearable for me. Advice to all - spend your money on a nice 4-colour Dior palette for the same price and uncompareable quality.

oh, and the UDPP is nice)

on 11/18/2011 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I Love this palette. I'm normally not a fan of neutral eyeshadows, but this is the exception. The colors go on like silk, and are gorgeous. The brush included is surprisingly good quality too.

on 11/18/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I absoutley loveeeeeeeeeeeee this pallete is so gorgeous ! And the quality is amazing! My favorite pallete ever ! The price is expensive but its worth it!

This is probably one of the best eye shadow palettes I've bought so far. First i think the packaging is great, its long and narrow, great for your makeup bag. The fabric is a soft burgandy velvet with gold text. looks very expensive. Inside there is a mirror with 12 neautral shadows, some matte and some with shimmer. The palette also comes with a proffesional brush and primer potion. these shadows are fantastic and if you use the primer, last all day. The set is on the pricey side but DEFINATLEY worth it! these shadows will last ages but i would definatley re-purchase.

on 11/16/2011 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My BF just bought this for me during our weekend away and wow, I'm so impressed with this palette! Have been using it everyday since. Love how you can create soft, everyday looks and also darker, smokey looks. All the colors are amazingly pigmented, last all day, and I love all of them with the exception of Sidecar which is beautiful but has really weird specks of glitter fallout like you wouldn't believe! I would suggest doing your eyes first before doing your foundations because the glitter gets EVERYWHERE! But otherwise the color itself is absolutely beautiful. Another thing I like is that you can do your entire look with only this palette and I don't have to reach for another color for my highlight as Virgin is purrrrrrfect!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty