September 18, 2014 | 1692 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally got my hands on one of these after procrastinating for months. First urban decay eye shadows I have purchased. Because I only bought recently, i got the one with the eye shadow brush instead of the double ended eye liner - bit disappointed about that as the brush will just end up as a spare and not one of my go to brushes as it's not great, whereas the eyeliner pencils would have been great.

Firstly, I really like the packaging. Sleek palette, great size, not too large to transport although I wouldn't leave it lying around in a handbag!

The colours are beautifully rich and intense. I am super impressed with the formulation - smooth and almost creamy, a little goes a long way.

This is definitely not a boring neutral palette. For me it has the range of colours and finishes (matte & shimmer and light & dark shades) to produce a complete look without having to reach for other palettes or colours. It's fine to do that if you're at home, but if you're going away for a weekend, you don't want to cart half your stash with you.

The only thing is, i'm not sure of the variety of looks you could produce with this palette. I have searched youtube for guru clips of different looks and they all seem a bit the same! Just different intensities. That aside though, the quality is fantastic and I don't think the price was unreasonable even though I had to buy internationally and pay postage costs - Australia here!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whilst I don't regret buying this and I definitely use it in my kit I don't think I'd buy again.

It's great for - wedding makeup, people who suit warm/neutral tones and it's a large selection packaged well for on the go or holidays. Good selection of both matt, shimmer and sparkling shadows. Love the double ended brown and black pencil liner and primer potion that it comes with too.

Not so good - the shadows although lovely in colour lack a little in texture for me. They tend to look a bit more on the metalic side than gentle satin or shimmer truer of mac shadows.

I often use this and although I enjoy using it I can't quite get the same seamless soft blened eye that I can with mac palettes. It's close and it doesn't stop me using but if I had a choice mac wins hands down for me.

Good for somebody who likes strong neutral blened eyes day and night and who finds themself on the go alot. Good as part of an mua kit as you all know we can't get enough neutrals.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Melnigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great palette! It's complete eyeshadow that I can wear it in any occassion.
It's so pigmented and when I use it with UDPP, the shadow can stay on whole day without fade. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by antje08

I really love this palette, you have a large variety of colors and you can get any look you want with this palette. The only thing i could complain about is that these eyeshadows have a lot of fallouts when you apply it. But its definately worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Stephanieboyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Definitely the best "natural" eye shadows I have ever used! Lasts FOREVER too and I wear eyeshadow everyday. This is not going to give you an "out of the ordinary" look but looks great with my attire that I have to wear everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by beanybell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am pretty sure UD read my mind when they made this palette. The only (and I mean only) eyeshadows I wear are neutrals. The colors in this are to die for! To be honest, I don't wear Creep or Gunmetal. They are just too dark, although I suppose I could wear them as liner. One complaint I have with this is that on my pale skin, some colors have an orange tint to them (ex. half baked). Also, i have a problem with dust getting all over the case! It is a pain, but a small price to pay.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not much of an eyeshadow user because I have very sensitive eyes and usually can't tolerate shadows around them, but this product sucked me in with its' beautiful color palett, so now I am. I just had to try it and was totally amazed that it didn't irritate my eyes (cross my fingers so that it stays this way too!!), so if you have sensitive eyes, give this one a try.
I think it's great for those who are just either starting out with eyeshadows, or prefer a subtle, more natural look. It is work and school appropriate, but works great for nights too because it contains such wide range of neutrals in all the right tones. Works for practically everyone! I am very excited about this palette and love the brush and the primer that was included. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sammygurl11

I really like the Naked palette. In my opinion it is a little expensive but when you think about it $50 for 12 high quality eye shadows is not bad at all! One thing i do have to say is a lot of the colors are very easily comparable to other eye shadows. If you already have a large collection of basic colors then you would not really need to buy this. The great thing about this palette is that it's extremely easy to travel with and if your just starting with makeup you could buy this and have every basic color you would need. Overall i think this is an amazing product but if you already have colors similar you wouldn't need to get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 50, fit, have long grey hair and need a product that can stay on when I ride my horse in the morning then carry me through the work day. This is IT. I'm new to UD and even though it looks geared for younger women, there is a niche for those of us who want to update our look but don't want to look like we got into our daughters makeup.

All colors are wearable and richly pigmented. So far I'm in love with SIN and Darkhorse which indeed looks like my horse. The glitter in some is not off putting. I just go easy on those and use them as accents. What I like is being able to sweat through it and not have it disappear.

So, bottom line for the mature set- if you're wondering whether this palette is for you I say go for it. I'm making the next 50 years better then the first. That list includes looking great and choosing makeup that can keep up with me.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

The colours are just GORGEOUS!! highly recommend, i don't need to use any other eyeshadows & i can go from day to evening looks. GET IT!