October 31, 2014 | 1731 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried time after time to get this foundation to match, but it just doesn't work for me. I am plagued with a face lighter than my neck, and have not yet found a good match with MUFE HD foundation, believe it or not. Whenever I go in store they match me to 123 or 127 (though one not-so-good Sephora clerk tried to match me to 125 when I have dark yellow olive undertones) but while they work, they give me a slight white cast because they are a tad light for my face. 123 is my favorite because of the olive undertone, but it would need to be darkened to work for me. 153 (the medium with olive undertone) is orange on me and definitely doesn't work. I would try 123 mixed with 128 or 155, but for a line that has so many color choices, I don't feel like I should have to mix to get my match. (for reference I am about an NC37 with olive undertones)

Aside from color match, this foundation looks beautiful in photos, but turns me into a grease ball in about 4 hours. I rarely get greasy at work since it's freezing in there, but the 2 times I wore this I because so oily I was glistening. I have pretty dry skin in general, but this foundation made me oily.

All in all, if this works for you, that's great. But it didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dx9618

this is an amazing foundation!! I used to use bare minerals matte to help with oil control until i realized it would oxidize HORRIBLY and id orange by the end of the day, (orange on brown skin, barf). This foundation however looks so amazing and lasts a really long time. I use with a primer and this helps with the staying power and oil control. I also love the color match, perfect my Indian yellow-goldish brown skin. It also looks amazing in pictures! I didn't even need to use my concealer, one coat of this foundation with fingers did the trick. If you want more coverage, buffing it in a little with a brush does the trick. I took out one lippie cuz it is expensive, but it is a pretty big bottle so if it lasts at least a year (which it prob will cuz you only need a little) then it is def worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Johannah124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this foundation!! I use this whenever I have a photo shoot and it makes my skin look great!! Gives awesome coverage and doesn't feel thick at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by cony17

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. It is better than a lot of foundations that i have tried in the past, but for this price i was expecting a little bit more ..
Lets start with positive sides: the color range is amazing,looks natural on pictures and you will not feel like you are having a mask on your face, love the pump and easiness of applying it on my face..It is an excellent foundation for warm spring/summer months
Negative sides: the price!! Way too much money and too little effect, no SPF so additional application required, plastic container instead of glass..

Like you see, I am on the fence with this one and my search for HG foundation is still on :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by swtanjel012

So far my fave! I already purchased my second one and love the coverage. They last pretty well throughout the day, even with the crazy humidity I'm experiencing here in korea.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

DEFINITELYYYY not worth the hype..... This foundation cost me around $50 CDN and I think it's perfectly reasonable to have high expectations. My issues with this product:

1) For a product that claims to be "HD", it does not look any better in photos than my drugstore Maybelline foundation.

2) Coverage is sort of sheer; I need to use twice the amount of product in order to get medium coverage as opposed to my Maybelline foundation.

3) I'm not trying to be nit-picky but the packaging is cheapy for something that's $50.... it's just a plastic container instead of a glass bottle like I expected it would be.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent!!! it really work on me. its success to hide any break outs that exist in my face. And this is good for photoshoot. it can make your face looks flawless... Never goes wrong with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really, really like this foundation. In fact, until I tried MUFE Face & Body Foundation and Kett, I was ready to declare this HG. It's still right up there, as the color match is great for my yellow/golden-toned skin and the coverage is very good. Something about the sheen/finish isn't quite as good for me as others like Face & Body, though I certainly would purchase again. Great stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by braisinhussy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about MUFE HD. It does look nice on me, but it takes so much prep work! I have dry skin, and if I don't exfoliate directly before applying this, I end up looking like my skin's peeling off. Exfoliate, heavy moisturizer, a hydrating primer, and THEN it looks okay. I only use it for really special occasions, when I know I'm getting photos taken and I have to look flawless. Otherwise, the prep time isn't worth it. I don't think I'd buy it again. When it runs out (or goes bad, considering how often I use it), I think I'll look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Haleywhite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Looks great at first, but then slide off my face within an hour or 2. Not good for oily skin. It did look better than other foundations when paired with the HD powder