July 30, 2014 | 1760 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cythaleanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: expensive (40$) but will definitely last a long time
Coverage: medium to buildable (upon application it looks sheer, but i wait a little and it shows some coverage and i just apply another layer to places i need to cover: mind you i have tons of acne scars)
Packaging: Comes with a pump that dispenses enough product
Staying power: Lasts 8-10 hours max. on me. (i have very oily skin, i set it with rimmel stay matte, i use primers sometime, but i rarely blot nowadays, i used to blot religiously)

Its a pretty awesome foundation, ive been on a foundation hunt for a year now (couldn't find a foundation that matched my skin color or didnt melt off my face) and was scared to try this because of the price, but i took the chance and is happy with it. I only use 1 and a half pump per application so it will def. last me a long time. It doesn't turn orange (aka. oxidize) on me, something that oily skinned people tend to experience. and had never broke me out (im acne prone). It also feels lightweight despite of the medium-high coverage it gives. Ive used this on special occasions and photoshoot and my face looked great! soo happy with that. It doesn't keep me matte (it never claimed that anyways) so im not bothered with that, but when my face starts to get oily, it doesnt show up as bad as when im not wearing foundation (just makes it look dewy).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jfabros

One of my favorite foundations. I've had this for a while now and I've been absolutely loving it. This coverage is medium - full coverage and can sheered out. When applied in a certain way this can looking truly invisible. Personally I apply this with a damp sponge and it gives me such a flawless yet natural look. This is my go to foundation when I'm taking pictures/videos. This finish natural satin. My only problem with this foundation is I tend to get a little oily after a few hours of wear and usually doesn't last the entire day, also this is quite pricey ($46 CAD). Overall this is a very good foundation and gets my seal of approval. Best of all...no breakouts. Definitely recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Burkina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would never recommend this product. It gave me a very bad allergy all over my face. This was really scary. It looked as if I had been burned or something. Never ever have I had such a bad reaction to a cosmetic product before.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jinxjelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really wanted to like this foundation. It was my first non-drug store foundation and it has excellent coverage and looks amazing in photographs. Downside being it really doesnt last long on my face, even with primer and the HD powder! And will show any dry skin you have on your face. I need something that will last more than 5 hours and doesnt transfer with a light swipe of the face. Ive gotten this stuff on peoples clothes when I hug them :( My search for a long lasting full coverage foundation continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by tentacles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so relieved when I found this foundation at Sephora. The color variety was great, and the shade 117 was a perfect match with my skin. The consistency is good and the pump is fabulous. My only vice with this foundation is that it tends to be a bit streaky, and tends to settle into fine lines under my eyes. I've been cursed with combination skin that leans towards the dry side, and this foundation attaches itself to my dry skin (mind you, I use a very good moisturizer before applying it). On the plus side, it provides a good light-medium coverage and it definitely buildable. Would I wear it in winter? No way. But in the summer time when my skin is a bit more hydrated, I'd definitely wear this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Run, don't walk to Sephora and buy this. I am about an NC25 in MAC, I chose 118 which seemed to match me pretty good.Beginning with the middle of my face, I stipple on 2-3 pumps with my MAC 187 brush, and then swhirl/blend. Perfect, natural luminous coverage. It is way way too expensive though, and the packaging could be better since you never know when you will run out completely. To all who doubt this product, here's a tip: when I first tried this, I felt it was too sheer, not worth the money; all the same negativity that is listed by reviewers. After using the MUFE for about a week, I switched back to my Mac Studio Fix liquid for a day. WOW. What a difference. What I didn't realize with my Mac was that it started to cake mid day. I didn't realize how heavy it was...next day, back to MUFE HD. So flawless,lasting, non cakey with great coverage... My HG foundation. So to those of you who have tried it before, try it again with this test. I wasn't a believer To those who haven't tried it, give it a go! Also, on extra oily days try some Mac Blot powder in ur tzone after buffing in your MUFE HD Powder :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

About me: I have light golden-beige skin (usually around NC20 in MAC) that is combination with an extremely oily t-zone. My nose is especially subsceptible to breakouts and blackheads.

I matched myself to 117, which seems to be a good match. The coverage is medium and buildable. I definitely still need concealer on my undereye circles and spots. I usually apply about one full pump on my face with my fingers, follow with the concealer, and then take a Beautyblender sponge to stipple another half pump to the entire face. This makes my skin look perfect, while still hiding 90% of my flaws.

I find that this applies best on well-moisturized skin (ie absolutely no flakes or patches, as the foundation tends to stick to and accentuate those areas. I did not notice much difference between using a primer and not using one.

The finish is somewhat dewy on me, and is supposed to emulate bare skin. Unfortunately for me, this means I get oily break-through within a couple of hours of wear. I usually have to blot 2-3X during the day when I wear this.

This does photograph quite beautifully -- no white cast or cakiness -- so for that, I do have to give it high marks.

Overall, a very good product, but not holy Grail material for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by xieanthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best liquid foundation I have used in a long long time. I moisturize first and apply the HD elixir, then use a stippling brush to apply the foundation - it is very easy to over apply it, it only takes a tiny drop to do my whole face. It covers amazingly well, even my rosacea redness disappears. I top it with the HD powder. It lasts all day and I am finally getting compliments on my skin again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On good skin days (no flakes, my dry skin is actually hydrated) and dim lighting this stuff looks good on me. On bad skin days (flakey and dry) or broad daylight, not so much. I wanted to love this based on all the great reviews but it made any and every dry patch look worse, its coverage wasn't enough for my scars, it caked up in areas (especially undereyes), and it was expensive to boot. I applied this on top of their HD primer with a brush (once with fingers, but that was a mistake) but still could not get the amazing results a lot of other reviewers were able to get. I guess this foundation just isn't right for my skin type, which is unfortunate because MUFE definitely has a good color selection and I was able to find my perfect shade (#117).

EDIT:
I decided to try out this foundation again and I cannot believe the results I got this time. I tried just about every way to apply this my first time around, except with a duo fiber stippling brush. This one change has made HD go on smoothly and not cake up where I had problems with caking before. 1 pump is enough to cover my entire face, and it no longer emphasizes dry patches unless it's over a pimple. While it does not completely cover my red acne scars, it definitely evens out my skin tone and I just go back over with MUFE full cover concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LorraineCee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the greatest foundation I have ever used! I've just ran out and decided to buy MAC's studio fix fluid, and it doesn't measure up to MUFE's HD foundation one bit. It has great packaging - LOVE the pump, gives a great luminous look to the skin without looking caked on or looking fake. There is no weird or uncomfortable scent to carry around with you, and a little goes a LONG way. Great staying power as well for me. Will purchase again!