November 26, 2014 | 943 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have EXTREMELY oily skin & there are in fact very few liquid foundations that I can use. MAC Pro Longwear & Revlon Colorstay happen to be the only 2 liquid foundations that I would even think about wearing..... UNTIL..... this! I couldn't help but become interested in this foundation namely because of the numerous rave reviews worldwide on this product. Also, the packaging is perfect. If someone were to tell me to design a liquid foundation bottle, then this would be it! THE BEST & most user friendly bottle I've ever dealt with. As for the formula.... It actually blends in with one's own skin. It's as if your skin looks flawless yet natural, & it also doesn't feel like you have anything on at all. I really was floored by this product. I get the same flawless coverage as I do from the MAC Pro Longwear & the Revlon CS, but my face doesn't really look like I'm wearing foundation. Revlon CS does in fact look like I'm wearing foundation, & I'm a pro at blending. This HD foundation is effortless. I feel as if it's mistake-proof. This liquid also dries down to a beautifu, matte & transfer resistant finish. I have very oily skin & I've been wearing this makeup throughout my 1 hour long work-out sessions & then going outside in the 100 degree heat. My makeup still looks good when I get home. How the heck can that be???? The secret is this HD foundation. I know it may seem pricey, but I think that this will be my new HG foundation...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by dawngalindez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is great if you want a natural coverage, it doesnt look like your wearing anything but in that way it can also be bad if you want it to cover scars or redness it will slightly do that. It seems like its not long lasting but i realized its just a light coverage overall i think it can be good if you dont really have problem skin and just want a nice color and glow to your skin but besides that i would reccomend you dont get this foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ricecrispys313

i feel bad for giving it a low rating, but I am doing that based on price. This is mediocre foundation at a huge cost.
Really, it's not terrible. The one thing I did like about it is that it stopped greasiness on my nose for a little bit...
This foundation is cakey. I've tried it with my fingers, a stipling brush as well as a regular foundation brush, and it cakes up. I just read a review that said the same exact thing... even with just a thin coat! It also feels too heavy. It's like I know that I have foundation on, and I think people are staring because it is just that obvious.
Plus, I have yet to find a color. Maybe that not the foundation's fault, cause I have had some sephora associates given me awful colors. I have tanned olive skin, yet the continue to push beigy too-light colors on me. It looks so awful. Maybe that's just bad selection, are maybe they are trying to make up for a lack of a color matching me. For what I have tried, the foundations are too pink-based for me.
This product is seriously all hype. I got it, returned it and a year later wanted to give it another try after positive feedback of others and was once again disappointed. Now that's my fault for giving it a second chance.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

not meant for dehydrated oily skin. I couldn't get it work beautifully on my face no matter I did a good job on moisturizer and primer. The color I picked was #125 Sand which I felt a little darker than my NC25-30 skin.
Because it dried out my skin so it made my face looks old. Also I do not feel the coverage was great.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, did not like this at all. 1) I couldnt find an exact match which is strange considering they have so many colors, many more than drugstore foundations which I am used to buying. 2) No matter how I applied this, it looked cakey and did not cover scars and imperfections at all. Building wasnt optional because with one layer it looked cakey and obvious. I tried it with a beautyblender, my fingers, foundation brush and stippling brush. Its a shame because it looks so nice in photos. 3) This is also super expensive. Revlon Photoready looks less cakey and more natural than this foundation and its so much cheaper! That is what I have been using for the past year and I will stick with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Ceejay90

The MUFE HD foundation is so overrated! Normally, I don't spend as much on a foundation, but because of all the good reviews I gave it a try.

The thing I did like about this foundation is that it feels really lightweight, very natural like you haven't even got make-up on :) Foundation looks great on me.. for like two hours max. Later on my face looks like greasy.. ughh! Not worth the money at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I, too, wanted to love this. Problem is it was an oily mess after about 2 hours. Perhaps I applied it wrong. Here's how I did it: started off with MAC primer, then put on my MUFE HD, and set it with Studio Fix Powder+. The finish looked great, so I know this makeup has potential, however, watch out if you have oily skin. Overall, this is great for photos but not so ideal for oily-skinned sistas in person.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by misanders

I tried this foundation for a week and found it didn't work for my skin. I'm giving it a 4 because it is a great foundation. Looked like your skin, but better. The problem is that this foundation just doesn't work on dry skin. My chin gets dry and this made it look worse. The rest of my face looked great. You really have to buy for your skin type. So anyone with normal- oily skin will love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by geminisquared

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used foundations from MAC, Giorgio Armani, Sisley, Illemaqua, Nars, Lancome, Clinique, Dior, Guerlain, Lorac and so many more I can't remember, but this is by far the best I've ever used. It has unbelievable coverage, seems to "glow" (not shine) from within, wears all day, matches beautifully (I mix my regular color with a darker one when I have a faux tan). I can't say enough about it. It creates a moisturized, even canvas for makeup but never looks mask-like or powdery. This is my favorite foundation of all time.

Until I find one I like better. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried time after time to get this foundation to match, but it just doesn't work for me. I am plagued with a face lighter than my neck, and have not yet found a good match with MUFE HD foundation, believe it or not. Whenever I go in store they match me to 123 or 127 (though one not-so-good Sephora clerk tried to match me to 125 when I have dark yellow olive undertones) but while they work, they give me a slight white cast because they are a tad light for my face. 123 is my favorite because of the olive undertone, but it would need to be darkened to work for me. 153 (the medium with olive undertone) is orange on me and definitely doesn't work. I would try 123 mixed with 128 or 155, but for a line that has so many color choices, I don't feel like I should have to mix to get my match. (for reference I am about an NC37 with olive undertones)

Aside from color match, this foundation looks beautiful in photos, but turns me into a grease ball in about 4 hours. I rarely get greasy at work since it's freezing in there, but the 2 times I wore this I because so oily I was glistening. I have pretty dry skin in general, but this foundation made me oily.

All in all, if this works for you, that's great. But it didn't work for me.