November 28, 2014 | 1932 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2003 9:22:00 AM More reviews by melanier

I liked this one. I like the cooling feeling it leaves and how light the gel feels. I don't think it would work well for someone with super dry skin, but for those of you with slightly dry or combination then this would be perfect. I think the packaging is pretty although I don't like sticking my fingers in jars. I prefer bottles or tubes for moisturizers. It is more expensive than what I usually pay for skin care, but it seems to last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2003 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Emily430

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I have acne and have tried so many moisturizers and wasted so much money, that I just stopped using one at all. My oily skin remained, but I got the added bonus of flakies on top. I bought this because it had such an impressive ingredient list for us acne prone skin. It has worked like a dream, it actually makes my skin look good! Yes the packaging does suck, but I think it will be worth it.

By the way, everyone keeps talking about the stinging, I believe that it is the tocopheryl acetate, an antioxidant which can be an irritant for some people. I will update if I breakout, but so far so good!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 4:07:00 PM More reviews by rlop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best moisterizer I've ever used. Its a very lightweight gel consistency that applies very well and melts right into my face. I use this once a day and I absolutely love it. I've tried other gel moisterizers but nothing has been able to match it's cool lightweight very moisterizing properties and leave no shine residue on my face. Highly recommend. I took a point off for packaging. I feel it should come in a closed container so it doesn't lose those antioxidents that disolve when in contact with the air. Highly recommend.
Edit: Well after using my 2nd bottle I realized that this was the culprit irritating my skin. My skin was either reacting to the coloring or fragrance in the moisturizer. I loved it but cannot use anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2003 3:27:00 AM More reviews by mitsubachi

This pricey, lightweight gel makes my skin feel moisturized without the heaviness of my usual moisturizer (L'Oreal Pure Zone). I've been using it for about a week, and so far so good. I usually use a dab of this on each cheek, chin, and forehead - a jar of this should last me a long time (btw, I bought the large 2.5oz jar). The only thing i don't like about this is the jar container, which is why I took off one lipstick. If it were packaged in a tube (like the moisture surge extra for eyes) it would be MUCH more convenient. Even a pump would be a better container for this product. Overall, I'd say this product is great especially since I have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 12:56:00 AM More reviews by babieblush

I love this... i use it only in the morning before i apply my makeup. it makes my skin feel fresh and look great! ive been using it for over a year... the only thing is.. i go thru it quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2003 12:35:00 PM More reviews by franw3377

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very lightweight gel infused with aloe that is great for my combo/mostly oily skin. It doesn't break me out. I also like the fact that it DOESN'T contain an SPF, because I have SPF 15 in my foundation and SPF ingredients applied directly on my face often make me break out in a rash or itch like crazy. I've tried other brands, but I always come back to Moisture Surge. I like the new formula without the menthol and ginger. I only wish it came in a tube or pump bottle instead of a jar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 6:44:00 AM More reviews by BerryDelicious

I do like the smell of this...fresh, soft ginger! It feels light on my skin and doesn't clog my pores.
I still prefer creams, as the effect of this gel doesn't last long enough for me. But it's great for a moisture mask or when my skin is feeling a little parched. It temporarily relieves it and doesn't ruin my makeup if I need to apply a litte over the top.

Avon's Maximum Moisture Super Hydrating Gel is very similar to Moisture Surge, and after having gone through two of each over the years, if I was going to buy one again, it would probably be Avon one, simply because it's cheaper! BUT, if the slight stickiness of Avon's got to me, I would go back to Clinique's. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 7:57:00 PM More reviews by RubyGemZ

Well after fighting myself to NOT buy it even though I did, I was sure it would work on me but ... it's not really suited for my skin. I tried it at night first to see if I had a reaction to it but I didn't and so I thought it would make an effective moisturizer since it left my skin smooth and matte ... or so I thought. The next day when I applied it again it went on nicely, smooth and matte and it smelled nice but it didn't help in a few areas where the flakes showed once again, so back it goes!
People with very dry, acne prone skin like me should look elsewhere b/c it won't help with the flakes, like the others have said, it's best for someone w/oily or normal skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2003 12:44:00 AM More reviews by burgers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This dried my skin out and made it flakey and feel tight, even though I used another moisturiser on top. I don't understand how it could help dry skin (as it claims to be able to do) seeing as my skin is a bit oily. I give it 2 lipsticks because it was very cooling on my face and after it sunk in, it had a matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been having problems with flakies around my nose and between my eyebrows. As a faithful user of the three step system (no longer, because of the reviews written about it on here), i went down to my local clinique counter. The pushy saleslady then proceeded to push this crappy product, and of course i cowered and bought it. At 30 bucks, this crap stung my dry/combo partially sensitive skin to no end and of course did not hydrate at all, as i was still as flaky as ever. I think this might be good for oilier types but if you have skin like mine, dont waste $30 us