Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 3/24/2004 7:29:00 AM

well i was like using this for nearly a year as my primary moisturiser without realising that this WAS NOT a moisturiser. so i ended up getting really dehyrdated skin. but when used combined with a proper moisturiser, it really makes your skin look hydrated and plumper. less tight, and dull. i will keep it to use occasionally, as and when i feel that my skin needs an extra boost of water, but not on a daily basis :)

on 3/23/2004 7:29:00 PM

Got this as a GWP and since I'm on the search for my HG moisturizer, I gave it a whirl. Nope, not moisturizing enough. My face felt tight and as if there was this ever-so-thin filmy coating on it. Weird, coz I never considered myself as a "dry skin" type. But then again, I'm still trying to figure out what my post-pregnancy skin type is. Anyway, I think this is a decent gel for those with oily skin and want to "lock in" moisture. But if you're looking to MOISTURIZE your skin, I don't think it does that. Not for me anyway. Tried it a couple more times and I kept getting the same result, no matter how much I slathered on.

on 3/15/2004 9:18:00 AM

I use this product over my regular moisturizers whenever I need a burst of extra moisture since it seems to work better that way than on its own. It is very lightweight and non-greasy and has not broken me out at all.

on 3/12/2004 11:49:00 AM

Worst moisturizer EVER! I've oily combination skin so the Clinique lady said this would be best for me! Five minutes after applicatoin, skin was tight, dry and peeling!

Worst moisturizer ever

on 3/12/2004 4:33:00 AM

Absolutely fabulous.. in the summer. Makes skin soft and feel just lovely. In the winter I like to use DDF Oil Free Moisturizing Dew and then put this over it.

on 3/9/2004 8:44:00 PM

This was one of the worst products I used from Clinique. I have combination/oily skin that has a tendency for breakouts and this did nothing for my skin. I would apply it and it would sink in immediately but wouldn't leave any moisturizing effects. My skin would feel dry 5 minutes later. It also stung a lot when I applied at and also kinda rolled off a few minutes later.

on 3/4/2004 8:56:00 AM

This is what I wear after applying Clinique's DDML in the morning.
It makes makeup and tinted moisturiser go on that bit smoother.
It does refresh the face, I find that it is calming as a quick moisture mask.
It gets one lippy off because the best product for hydration is Guinot's Hydra Beaute mask. That works fab!

on 3/3/2004 11:39:00 PM

I like the light and non-greasiness of this product, but it's just not moisturizing enough. At least it smooths out my skin, so I use it before applying makeup. I sometimes add a drop of facial oil (L'occitain's Immortelle Elixir) for lasting moisturization.

on 2/26/2004 8:56:00 PM

Should I be admitting this? I'm a former Clinique consultant. Moisture Surge Extra, when first developed and brought to stores, was sold, but IS NOT, a moisturizer. It is simply a drink of water for dehydrated skin, is meant to be applied after another moisturizer prior to makeup application (to allow foundation to go on smoothly), and should not be recommended for drier skins because there is absolutely no moisturizing ability in it. Clinique sold sooo much of this at first distribution when the account executives and regional trainers realized consultants had mistaken it for a moisturizer - and why wouldn't they? "MOISTURE SURGE EXTRA" is quite the deceiving title. It's more like WATER surge extra. For oily skinned girls, it's perfect for patting down flaky areas. For drier skinned girls, if you like the feel of it, that's great - use it when you need rehydration, but don't use as a primary moisturizer. And another thing: Clinique is creating this in spray form, similar to the Evian mists. That should clear up the confusion.

on 2/26/2004 7:32:00 PM

Evil pink goo! My poor cheeks are still burning over 1/2 hour later after using a sample of this crap! It is over priced and frankly not that moisturizing. Ignore the hype. This stuff is not worth wasting your hard earned dollars on. (FYI I have combo skin with normal/dry cheeks)