September 19, 2014 | 1933 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2003 11:36:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product because of its claims and the fact it was oil free; however, it also burned my skin and turned me beet red. I could not understand why it did this, since it was only supposed to add moisture. I took it back to the dept store and the salesperson acted as if I was crazy when I told her it burned my skin-but after reading some of y'all's reviews, I see that I am not the only one with the same experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2003 4:30:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle

this product made my normally dry cheeks silky smooth and i love that its oil free. my only complaint is that its packaged in a jar container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2003 1:03:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first got a sample GWP of this. I thought it would be either a) too greasy or b) not moisturizing enough. Both assumptions were wrong! This is great stuff! For the past 2 weeks or so I had a great cold and sneezed 20 hours a day. My nose area was so dry it hurts, but when I put this on, it heals so quickly and didn't turn red like rudolph. It also didn't peel. Also, for my combination/sensitive skin, it doesn't irritate or turn greasy. The only thing I hate is the price tag and the jar. It's not too hygenic that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2003 4:41:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product, after reading many of the(mostly) positive reviews, but this stuff actually dried my skin out on the very first application! I couldn't believe it! I immediately brought it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by andante

I took one lip off due to the awful packaging as in a jar. Don't understand why it just can't be improved. Anyway this is my HG moisturizer so far for my combination skin. I like the light scent and it is so easy to apply and it right sinks into the skin. It's a little bit pricy but I would purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2003 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bobbebe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff feels so good on my skin and it smells gorgeous. I have combination skin and I use this on my T-zone. It does a good job of moisturizing, and it leaves my skin "plumper" looking (less wrinkley). This is a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2003 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Cordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a GWP, and used it for my dry, winter skin, It sounded like just the thing for me, and the first time I used it, I loved the smooth, non-greasy feel. After a few nights, however, my skin just seemed even more dried out than it had been - like the cream was doing the opposite of what it claimed! So I won't be purchasing this one....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2003 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jrslvr

I have had a jar of this for months in my med cabinet and never have used it for one reason or another. After reading the reviews, I decided to give it a shot. This absolutely set me on FIRE! I could not wash it off quick enough. It really burned and turned my sensitive skin beet RED! Use with caution! Oh well, I spent too much on it so I will use it on my neck area where it won't burn so bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2003 2:56:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great moisturizer from Clinique. A total turn around from the more popular- 'Dramatically Different Moisturizer'. It's oil-free which is good for my oily/blemished skin and soaks right in leaving no film of greasiness afterwards. Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 8:08:00 PM More reviews by divadeluxe

This is one of the best Clinique products that I have tried. It is a great addition to any skin care routine to add moisture back to skin that is feeling parched (particularly good for acne prone skin dehydrated from drying acne medications). It does an excellent job at hydrating the skin but not clogging the pores, which is a major challenge for oily, acne prone or combination skin types that still need hydration.
It's always a good idea to keep the skin balanced when using a lot of different products/treatments, it can be particularly drying and cause havoc on your complexion. The more you dry the surface of your skin out, the more oil it will produce, there by continuing the cycle of breakouts and excess oil production. With the proper moisture levels kept in tact, skin will be balanced and a lot calmer.
This product leaves the skin with a nice glow and performs just as well as the more expensive moisture boosters/enhancers from Skinceuticals and Cellex C. Makes your skin feel like it does when you just get out of the shower, soft, smooth and perfectly balanced.