Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

I've been recently having problems with my skin. I have normal/combo sentsitive skin. I am an esthetician and I have used all kinds of expensive skin care (Phytomer, Dermalogica, Clarins, Lancome +more.) I've had some blotchy red dry sensitive spots lately and I'm a firm believer in expensive skin care so I would have never gone anywhere near the drug store for a cure....until I read all these reviews. I thought 'what have I got to lose?' and I went out and immediately bought a tube of this stuff at Wal-mart for $4. It has been amazing!!!! Nothing had been clearing up my red patchy spots until I used this. My skin is baby soft and smooth now. I don't know if I will use this everyday in the future, but this will be a staple for me now. I will always have it on hand. It's truly amazing. I don't even know why. It just works.

on 3/15/2005 8:33:00 PM

This is the only lotion that moisturizes and gets rid of flakiness on me, I even use this on my face and it doesn't make me breakout or anything, but then again, I do have really dry skin. It's very thick and takes a while to absorb. Although I like the smell, it is strong and might be offensive to some.

on 3/11/2005 11:38:00 AM

First off, I love the packaging in the blue plastic tub. :) It's so cute and old-fashioned. Sure, not the most hygenic, but I still like it. My skin is dry, but recently, my face has gotten even drier to the point where a co-worker asked me why I had fine lines around my eyes at my age (25). That was an eye-opener, no pun intended. I thought of the thickest cream I had at home, and Nivea stuck out in my mind. I bought about a year ago because I love the smell and it's good for the body on a dry, winter day/night. I put a teeny bit on my face, especially around my eyes, and instantly I saw the difference. My skin soaked up the moisture and looked healthy and supple. I'm going to try this for a week and see if it breaks me out. If it does, I'll obviously have to find something else. But for now, this does the job well. It's a thick, heavy, and a bit sticky cream, but it'll sink in after about 5 minutes. It won't be completely dry to the touch ever, but it won't feel goopy either. I don't remember how much this tub was, but I am guessing it was about $5 for a decent amount. I absolutely LOVE the smell of this stuff! It reminds me of my childhood when my dad used to put it on his face, and when my mom used to put it on mine after a bath. :)

on 3/11/2005 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried everything! I mean-EVERYTHING-from Decleor and SKII to Komenuka, La Prairie, and Dr.Hauschka. I always thought that expensive skin care is a must for a good beautiful skin, but nope, the best cream for me is cheap Nivea, which I use to defied and applied on my heels after shower.
Second thing is-just imagine how much money I'm saving now on moisturizer!(my skin is extremely dry+I have an exzema)I love Nivea!

on 3/10/2005 6:53:00 PM

This product works very nicely anywhere on the body, but I was really impressed with how it changes the appearance of the backs of my hands, which suddenly started to look really crinkly in my 42nd year. I'd tried products from LUSH, DHC, Burt's Bees, etc... with out much effect. The Nivea takes away all that surface crinkliness and lasts very well - and I wash my hands a lot! I don't find it to be very greasy, either. I know Aquaphore gets some nice reviews, and maybe it is THE thing if your skin is actually damaged, but it's greasy as all get out.

on 2/27/2005 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This mousturizer is ok. It's very thick and leaves a sticky residue after I use it. I prefer the 'soft' version of this lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this on the soles of my feet, when they're callused and cracked. It does do a wonderful job of soothing them. And for the price, you can't go wrong. Not recommended for the face though, it's far too rich in consistency, sure to clog up pores.

on 2/16/2005 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm almost afraid to commit this to writing for fear I may jinx myself: This is my Holy Grail! I have La Mer and this is better. Oh, and about $100+ cheaper for about 3x the product. I have dry skin that is prone to little breakouts on the cheeks and chin. Between this, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, and Alpha Hydrox Creme for Problem Areas, my skin is absolutely flawless. No flakes, baby-butt smooth, and not a zit in sight. Yay!

on 2/8/2005 3:13:00 PM

I would never, ever use Nivea Creme on the oily skin of my face, but for winter-dry hands and feet it's a panacaea! I actually like the rosy-floral smell; very old school. And the price is certainly right. I lived in Germany for a while and I think just about every household had at least one "Dose" of Nivea creme, and sometimes two or three.

on 2/2/2005 6:00:00 AM

This is the only product that I ALWAYS have with me. Regardless of what high end cosmetics I'm using this classic is in my bathroom, in my office desk and in my bag. For dry skin, chopped lips or dry hands, always comes handy and does the job.