Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 5/25/2005 1:00:00 AM

When it comes to heavy duty moisture for those dry and flaky areas you can't beat Nivea creme and aquaphor! They are my HG, cannot get through winter without them. Nivea especially is great for dry feet after a shower just lotion up and put on some thick socks! This is the only product that I can use on my face after laser hair removal on my face. I have to use it twice a day for 4-5 days post procedure to minimize redness and scabbing. Eucerin, Curel and aquaphor all irritate my skin, but nivea does not. Its a keeper in my book.

EDIT (9/2/2010): I still use pure Nivea after a laser treatment, however I have added Nivea creme to my nightly regimen. On non-laser treatment days I use Cereve creme on my face after washing with Cerave wash and I use Nivea creme to seal in the moisture. To be more specific, I use 2 parts of Nivea creme with 2 parts of suave firming lotion with 1 part of aquaphor mixed in a clean tupperware container. I keep the German version of the Nivea creme, bulk Cerave creme and a mid-sized tube of aquaphor in the fridge. This way I can make sure the bulk items remain fresh. I sanitize the tupperware container in the dishwasher and hand wash prior to re-filling. Once the ingredients are added I use a clean toothpick to thoroughly mix the ingredients.

I use the suave firming lotion because after reading the reviews here I have come to the understanding that the seaweed extract is the primary missing ingredient in plain Nivea Creme when compared to the creme de la mer creme. As the suave lotion and aquaphor is so thin, it helps my special blend spread easily.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A classic I love its soft smell and the way it softens my skin. I even love its thick consistency. I buy this from time to time when I get the urge for it

on 5/6/2005 5:29:00 PM

Amazing. I would never have believed that my HG nighttime moisturizer would cost 1 dollar a tin, but that seems to be the case with this little beauty. After cleasing, toning, and treatments, I scoop out a little dollop of this rich, wonderful smelling cream and blend it with a couple drops of jojoba oil in my hand before smoothing it all over my face. My skin is so soft, smooth, and supple when I wake up. I've tried other night creams that cost literally dozens of times more than this one does and nothing (except sister product Nivea Soft) can even compare. continued >>

on 5/4/2005 2:43:00 PM

I find this creme really lovely and soothing for hands. It seems to take away the red when my hands are chapped, and I find the smell really comforting. A classic, and I will always have some around.

on 4/30/2005 11:12:00 AM

Ever since I had my tummy tuck done 6 weeks ago, I have been using that 2X a day after the stitches has healed. Thanks to this Nieva Creme, my scar has become thin and flat. There's nothing better compared to this amazing creme!

on 4/20/2005 11:13:00 PM

this stuff has helped save my hands. i am a teacher and wash my hands a whole lot. i slather this thick cream on at night and put on some gloves. my the morning, my hands are super soft.

my hands were also looking really bad a few months ago right before my wedding and my mom helped me put this stuff on and put on the plastic wrap and when i woke up in the morning, my hands were beautiful!

on 4/5/2005 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is so thick I cant imagine it soaking in to anyones skin. I have seriously dry skin the one thing that really works is sisley when my skin is super dry. This seems to be more of a insulator than something that truly soaks in and hydrates. At least for the face it just does not seem to really be an effective hydrator.

I've been recently having problems with my skin. I have normal/combo sentsitive skin. I am an esthetician and I have used all kinds of expensive skin care (Phytomer, Dermalogica, Clarins, Lancome +more.) I've had some blotchy red dry sensitive spots lately and I'm a firm believer in expensive skin care so I would have never gone anywhere near the drug store for a cure....until I read all these reviews. I thought 'what have I got to lose?' and I went out and immediately bought a tube of this stuff at Wal-mart for $4. It has been amazing!!!! Nothing had been clearing up my red patchy spots until I used this. My skin is baby soft and smooth now. I don't know if I will use this everyday in the future, but this will be a staple for me now. I will always have it on hand. It's truly amazing. I don't even know why. It just works.

on 3/15/2005 8:33:00 PM

This is the only lotion that moisturizes and gets rid of flakiness on me, I even use this on my face and it doesn't make me breakout or anything, but then again, I do have really dry skin. It's very thick and takes a while to absorb. Although I like the smell, it is strong and might be offensive to some.

on 3/11/2005 11:38:00 AM

First off, I love the packaging in the blue plastic tub. :) It's so cute and old-fashioned. Sure, not the most hygenic, but I still like it. My skin is dry, but recently, my face has gotten even drier to the point where a co-worker asked me why I had fine lines around my eyes at my age (25). That was an eye-opener, no pun intended. I thought of the thickest cream I had at home, and Nivea stuck out in my mind. I bought about a year ago because I love the smell and it's good for the body on a dry, winter day/night. I put a teeny bit on my face, especially around my eyes, and instantly I saw the difference. My skin soaked up the moisture and looked healthy and supple. I'm going to try this for a week and see if it breaks me out. If it does, I'll obviously have to find something else. But for now, this does the job well. It's a thick, heavy, and a bit sticky cream, but it'll sink in after about 5 minutes. It won't be completely dry to the touch ever, but it won't feel goopy either. I don't remember how much this tub was, but I am guessing it was about $5 for a decent amount. I absolutely LOVE the smell of this stuff! It reminds me of my childhood when my dad used to put it on his face, and when my mom used to put it on mine after a bath. :)