Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/8/2005 3:13:00 PM

I would never, ever use Nivea Creme on the oily skin of my face, but for winter-dry hands and feet it's a panacaea! I actually like the rosy-floral smell; very old school. And the price is certainly right. I lived in Germany for a while and I think just about every household had at least one "Dose" of Nivea creme, and sometimes two or three.

on 2/2/2005 6:00:00 AM

This is the only product that I ALWAYS have with me. Regardless of what high end cosmetics I'm using this classic is in my bathroom, in my office desk and in my bag. For dry skin, chopped lips or dry hands, always comes handy and does the job.

on 1/28/2005 3:45:00 PM

Pros: (1) It's a thick, rich creme that's the only thing (besides vaseline) that does anything at all about the super-dry, flaky skin I get around my eyes in the winter (2) beautiful, beautiful cheapness (3) packaging; I love the little blue tin-so portable and old school (4) available everywhere

Cons: (1) So thick and rich that it can't really be used elsewhere on my face or it'll make me break out (2) very strong, floral-ish perfume that I dislike having on my face (3) the lid is not very secure so I've had several incidents where creme has gotten all over stuff in my bag (4) Stings if I get it in my eyes and makes them all bleary (5) I might have some sort of mild allergy to the perfume or something. While it does moisturize the Sahara I call the skin around my eyes, it also makes them puffy and red on *some* mornings. I'll probably just refill my tin from my sister's big jar (the way I use it, it lasts forever). I do want to try Cetaphil's creme to see whether it agrees with my face better.
EDIT: I'm going to use up the rest of what I have on my hands. After trying the Cetaphil creme, I realized that Nivea is just way too greasy and heavy for the face.

on 12/29/2004 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like this okay-- I've been using it at night over my Retin-A to keep my skin soft. Good points: it hasn't made me break out, and seems to adeqately moisturize my skin, plus it's SO cheap. Bad points: I hate the smell. Ugh. I hate putting this smell on my face. And, my main problem with this is that it sits greasily on top of the skin and will not absorb, no matter how long I wait. It all rubs off on my pillow and makes my sheets sticky. I won't repurchase because I've found Cetaphil cream, which is more expensive but absorbs much better (plus it's unscented.)

on 12/27/2004 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

***MY HG MOISTURIZER!!!*** i have super dry and flaky blemished skin(omg especially in the winter!) and this stuff works miracles!!! it doesnt cause any breakouts,its super cheap,and it works to take off makeup,work under makeup,fix my dry spots,and is good for anywhere on the body! it makes my face a little greasy after i put it on,but i just blot away and im fine.i will die without this stuff

on 12/19/2004 2:12:00 PM

Because of my acne problem, I had been searching for oil-free moisturizers for years. I didn't realize my skin actually need oil based ones until I started using this. After reading reviews on this board I went out and bought one. Like many of us here, I doubted it at the begining since it was so different from the moisturizers I was use to. But since day one, I feel my skin is softer and more moisturized.
All in all, I can't beleive a creme which is so cheap can work such a wonder on my skin. And I tried to blend it with Jojoba oil (another MUA picks) yesterday evening. My skin feels even more softer today!!!

on 12/13/2004 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is THE product for my dry wintery skin, does the trick, although it is quite thick, it is still the only thing i will use. My only gripe is that the good german product comes in the tin, which will open in my purse, so travelling with this is impossible unless you bring tape to close it, but this stuff still is my HG for cracked, dry skin.

on 12/9/2004 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I saw this on the shelves of a dollarama store. It was $5 CAD for the big tin. I figured, what the heck. In the basket it goes. When I came home, I was reading some of the reviews and someone said that the Nivea Creme carried in drugstores are made in Mexico, which aren't as good. She said the best one is made in Germany and comes in a metal tin versus a plastic jar. Mine had germa written all ovet he package so I was happy to have found this. Consistency is super duper thick and sort of difficult to spread. The smell can be overpowering for some. But it has done wonders for me, especially for this cold canadian weather. My skin was becoming dry, scaly and white from the cold, stress, and lack of sleep. After showering, I used baby oil and my skin drank it. By the end of the day my skin was white and flaky...I used BABY OIL! I was thinking, what am i going to do. Baby oil was my savior for winter months. I remembered I had nivea. Used it and my skin is feeling nice. If only there were more stores that sell the German one. I'd stock up.

i got a cute small tin of this and was excited to try it but i was disappointed. the texture is a bit gooey and the smell is sooooo strong it gave me a headache. my hands felt stickey for a long time. i'd rather use my cetaphil cream over this ANY DAY.

on 11/5/2004 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I actually found this creme worked very well for my skin. I only use it on my arms and legs because it is really thick(I'm not sure they intended it for the face). I have the one that's in the little tin can and sometimes it can be messy if you use it for traveling. The product works great right after you wash and all you need a film of the stuff for small areas. I normally like powdery scents like this one but I think some people might find it a bit overpowering for their taste. Overall this is a really good mosturizer for the cheap price.