December 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2004 11:31:00 PM More reviews by amanda_d

I love this as a face and body moisturiser when my skin is dry. My mum and my nans have all used this for years and thier skin is great! Smells lovely, dirt cheap and nothing else is as good for the English winter for banishing your dry, chapped areas, all over. I use the minutest bit as a night cream over my drier cheeks (I avoid putting it on my oilier T zone)and wake up smooth and glowy. Use it as a hand and foot cream and for elbows and knees for smooth skin. Lovely. Nivea is great on sensitive skin, doesnt provoke mine at all. Every one is banging on abouth the badness of petroleum/ mineral oils but they dont seem to be doing me any harm, my skin has never looked better, and I can assure you I have spent a fortune trying to find stuff that works as well as this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2004 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is really thick and greasy. I donít like it at all. Iím not even convinced it absorbs well enough into the skin to hydrate effectively. I donít like the fragrance. I wouldnít repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2004 11:51:00 AM More reviews by cmnakamoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this as a hand cream. I wash my hands a lot for work and my hands are normally very dry. This lotion is thick and creamy, moisturizes very well. It can feel a little greasy immediately after application but after it sinks into the skin for a minute, the greasiness goes away. I noticed that I have to re-apply less often. Can't comment on the price as I have my work purchase it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 1:50:00 AM More reviews by happygirl1234

LOVE IT!

It smells so good, and it reminds me of when I was a kid. My mom used this on me!

If you have very dry skin, this is a good cream to use. Otherwise, I'd steer clear because it is a very thick cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the little tin of this at Walmart for .88 cents and decided to give it a try. I like it so far. It very thick so its hard to use it as a hand creme, but its great for dry patches. Probably would be great after a pedicure too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My whole family has been using this cream forever. My mom would use this on me when I was a kid together with their sunscreen ( I am not sure if you can get it here but you can get it in Europe). I love it. I personally love the smell too. I use it on my hands and feet, in the winter they get really dry, crack, and then bleed. This keeps my skin nice and moisturized. Since I can remember this cream hasn't changed at all, I believe it's a must have in any house.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by chatisja

Been using this since I was a toddler on every part of my face and body :-) it's very thick and take quite a long time to be absorbed but when you have really dry skin it is easily absorbed!!! Or you can heat it up a little to make it more liquid so it spread easier.

Since adulthood my face become combo sensitive - acne prone so I just used it on my face when it becomes totally dry and flaky, really a miracle worker!!! Can't used it on regular bases for my face though, it's too rich and makes me broke out but I still used it as a mask at night whenever my face needs a booster. It gives me an instant healthy skin glow :-)

On my body it really works wonder for dry, flaking and cracked skin especially on my hand and feet or my hips when it becomes so thin. For larger areas it's hard to spread on so I use Nivea Body Milk. An absolute all purpose cream on my list.

*** Ingredients: Water, Paraffin Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit), Ceresin, Octyldodecanol, Decyl Oleate, Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this cream. I put it on my face after I wash my makeup off at night. It smoothes everything out and I wake up with beautiful skin. I don't get breakouts at all with it. My skin is dry anyways. The smell kinda sucks, but it is liveable and goes away very soon. Its good if your skin is dry and uneven textured like mine. It makes it all nice and smooth. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the little 99 cent tin of this that I bought from Walgreens, and it's lasted me a long time because a little goes a long way. That said, this is a great bargain and a great moisturizer. Normally it's too heavy for my oily skin, but when I went to the desert during winter break, my skin shriveled up like a prune, and this stuff saved my face! Plus, my acne-prone skin didn't break out! Nowadays, I use this as an eye cream, and it keeps the area softly moisturized without any milia or acne around the area. I love the beautiful smell and the economical price. For 99 cents to try out this product, what have you got to lose?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2004 5:47:00 AM More reviews by chocolateneedles

I bought the 25ml container in Indonesia last week for about 4000 Rupiah(Indonesian currency). The container is blue, round and has NIVEA Creme written on the top. Easy to open, easy to use. I put some on my foot about 10 minutes ago because it's been peeling lately for some reason (left foot's bad, right foot isn't) and the Creme has already been absorbed.

The scent is the Nivea scent + a lot of weird floral-ish but on the skin it dries as (almost) plain Nivea.

Product isn't as thick as I thought, isn't that greasy either. Will buy again.
---------------------------------
UPDATE: May 17, 2003
I don't think this is very moisturizing at all. First of all there's that weird smell. And then it has Vaseline (petrolatum) in it.

My foot has gotten better over the last week or so though. Could be possible that my Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel has helped a bit, or it could be plain old 'healing with time.'