April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2004 4:23:00 AM More reviews by the2xcbabe

this week in my area, the temperature was 2 degrees, and with wind chill the weather guy says felt like 30 below. i'm oily and acne-prone, but my skin was being completely wrecked and ravaged by the weather, so i bought this due to the overwhelmingly good reviews. i layered it over my trenotin and nelson's acne gel, and not only did it NOT break me out, but it was also completely effective in healing my dryness and acting as a barrier against the disgustingly freezing wind. highly reccommended. p.s.- what's that you say? the cream gives you breakouts? use it as a cuticle cram, foot cream/hand cream, eye cream, body cream....whatever works. you can even nuke it, apply it over a strengthening conditioner as an oil barrier, and blast your tresses with a blowdryer for an at home deep conditioning treatment. for a dollar (little tin) or five (big tin), you can't go wrong with this multipurpose product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2004 2:25:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff, especially in the winter. It's a very thick cream so it's not for everyone but it does wonders for my dry skin.

EDIT to add:
I use this for my legs and feet in the winter. My feet tend to get dry and cracked so I'll slather on this cream and then wear socks to bed for the moisturizer to soak in.
I personally like the smell but I can see why people would be put off by it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in a tube. My skin gets ridiculously dry after showers and this helps. I would like it better if it were unscented, but it doesn't seem to bother my face especially - I certainly don't break out any more than I did without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2004 10:08:00 AM More reviews by PorcelainPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore find! I swear it is Creme de la Mer only like $90 cheaper! This really hydrates the skin and it gives me the same "glow" that La Mer does. Now I kick myself for spending that much on La Mer when Nivea is practically the same thing!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2004 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sophie_tan

The fragrance broke me out :( it's too heavily scented.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2004 3:38:00 PM More reviews by conniem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have dehydrated skin, this moisturizer is the best. Forget the expensive cosmetic counter creams, this is inexpensive and very effective. In the winter my skin gets very dehydrated, this is the only cream that will help my skin. I have tried many others but are not as effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2004 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Cochonet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this as a kid. I almost forgot how good it felt. Many years later it saved my skin after I almost ruined it with other crappy (and much more expensive) moisturizers.
It is a bit on the heavy side so some people are reluctant to put it on their faces. I do, however, and it works like a charm. It's very good for healing those horrible dry patches that sometimes happen during winter and it works well on knees and elbows. It's a bit tricky to use as a body lotion since it is too rich and doesn't go on that smoothly as it does on smaller body parts (such as face, hands, knees, etc). No matter where you use it, you won't be sorry - this is one of those beauty products that just can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2003 12:52:00 PM More reviews by NYsmiLez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ah the good ole nivea in the blue box. its been in my life ever since i was about 5, i think its a big thing in Europe. anyway ive recently started using it again. face n body. for face, i used it during winter wen my skin felt dry and was flaky. it got rid of the dry feeling but didnt do much about the flakes =( , but for body, after shaving, i put this on my knees, ankles, and elbows. after it soaks into ur skin , it feels SO soft. so for face, i dunt think its that great, but for body.. definetly worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SuzisZoo

I was skeptical. I have oily, breakout prone skin, and usually a heavy moisturizer like this would break me out in a heartbeat. I don't know WHAT is in this magic blue tub, but it is a miracle cream! I can't wear this during the day because it needs time to "soak in", but if I put it on at night my skin is absolutely glowing, soft, and supple in the morning. It does not break me out at all; in fact it seems to actually help keep the pimples away. I have no idea how that can be possible, but I do know that I have not had any breakouts since I've been using this at night. Weird. This is a must-have for everyone. For less than a dollar, you can get the small blue tin to give it a try. If it doesn't work for you on your face, it's a great cuticle/hand cream. Seriously, nobody should be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2003 12:08:00 PM More reviews by aesabin

Thank you MUA!! I adore this stuff, so cheap and so effective. I live in the South, so winter weather and dryness is a shock to my skin. I have been alternating Nivea and Clinique Total Turnaround and couldn't be happier.