October 24, 2014 | 1587 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the little tin of this at Walmart for .88 cents and decided to give it a try. I like it so far. It very thick so its hard to use it as a hand creme, but its great for dry patches. Probably would be great after a pedicure too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My whole family has been using this cream forever. My mom would use this on me when I was a kid together with their sunscreen ( I am not sure if you can get it here but you can get it in Europe). I love it. I personally love the smell too. I use it on my hands and feet, in the winter they get really dry, crack, and then bleed. This keeps my skin nice and moisturized. Since I can remember this cream hasn't changed at all, I believe it's a must have in any house.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by chatisja

Been using this since I was a toddler on every part of my face and body :-) it's very thick and take quite a long time to be absorbed but when you have really dry skin it is easily absorbed!!! Or you can heat it up a little to make it more liquid so it spread easier.

Since adulthood my face become combo sensitive - acne prone so I just used it on my face when it becomes totally dry and flaky, really a miracle worker!!! Can't used it on regular bases for my face though, it's too rich and makes me broke out but I still used it as a mask at night whenever my face needs a booster. It gives me an instant healthy skin glow :-)

On my body it really works wonder for dry, flaking and cracked skin especially on my hand and feet or my hips when it becomes so thin. For larger areas it's hard to spread on so I use Nivea Body Milk. An absolute all purpose cream on my list.

*** Ingredients: Water, Paraffin Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit), Ceresin, Octyldodecanol, Decyl Oleate, Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this cream. I put it on my face after I wash my makeup off at night. It smoothes everything out and I wake up with beautiful skin. I don't get breakouts at all with it. My skin is dry anyways. The smell kinda sucks, but it is liveable and goes away very soon. Its good if your skin is dry and uneven textured like mine. It makes it all nice and smooth. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the little 99 cent tin of this that I bought from Walgreens, and it's lasted me a long time because a little goes a long way. That said, this is a great bargain and a great moisturizer. Normally it's too heavy for my oily skin, but when I went to the desert during winter break, my skin shriveled up like a prune, and this stuff saved my face! Plus, my acne-prone skin didn't break out! Nowadays, I use this as an eye cream, and it keeps the area softly moisturized without any milia or acne around the area. I love the beautiful smell and the economical price. For 99 cents to try out this product, what have you got to lose?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2004 5:47:00 AM More reviews by chocolateneedles

I bought the 25ml container in Indonesia last week for about 4000 Rupiah(Indonesian currency). The container is blue, round and has NIVEA Creme written on the top. Easy to open, easy to use. I put some on my foot about 10 minutes ago because it's been peeling lately for some reason (left foot's bad, right foot isn't) and the Creme has already been absorbed.

The scent is the Nivea scent + a lot of weird floral-ish but on the skin it dries as (almost) plain Nivea.

Product isn't as thick as I thought, isn't that greasy either. Will buy again.
---------------------------------
UPDATE: May 17, 2003
I don't think this is very moisturizing at all. First of all there's that weird smell. And then it has Vaseline (petrolatum) in it.

My foot has gotten better over the last week or so though. Could be possible that my Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel has helped a bit, or it could be plain old 'healing with time.'

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2004 4:43:00 PM More reviews by dreamer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah...the royal blue plastic container w/ a screw off lid :) I reallly enjoy this creme! VERY thick, smells pleasant and not too strong (big plus for me). Too greasy to wear on the hands, but i like it on my body when i am severely dry. This is so cheap too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2004 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Stellababy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product better than the Nivea Firming Body Lotion. This smells more like the traditional Nivea scent, while the other one absolutely reeks!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 7:51:00 AM More reviews by KellyRenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this cream in Fall 2003 when I was studying in Germany for a year. Being my first winter, my skin completely freaked out and I have never seen my hands, feet and elbows so dry... NIVEA CREME TO THE RESCUE! I bought it because it was in tins with really cute pictures on them: a baby's face, a couple kissing, a dad & daughter. I got the kissing couple and can't find them anymore! I'm still on the lookout for them. So I use the Nivea Creme before bed on my hands, elbows and sometimes feet. It's great to wake up and have soft hands. I also have a little 0.7oz tin that I carry around in my purse to use with my Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I have very oily skin and would never use this on my face. I believe it's meant to be a body cream. I'm not sure how much I will use this at home in California, but I love it for the cold German weather!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2004 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sasshay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Frankly i hated this product for two big reasons. Firstly, the cream is incredibly heavy and slathering it on, makes it feel like a layer of muck on your skin. Secondly, the packaging totally sucked! The whole tin concept is so unwiedly and i hated having to open it. There are much better creams out there than this outdated product. I'm never ever repurchasing this again.