Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Using this for years. My first skincare memory is after bathtime my sister and i lining up in mums bedroom to receive our 'nivea'..
This is the only cream thick enough that dosent aggravate my highly allergic skin. its thick.. so it gets into the dry areas nicely and stays hydrated. I am a flight attendant so its great under my makeup during the day and i have a small pot in my flight bag for touchups. I love the stuff and everytime i go to a country i cant stop myself from buying more in the different tins (they are so cute!).
My dermatoligist HATES it and is slowly weaning me off it. I understand why too.. its practically mineral oil.. it dosent absorb any further than the first layer of skin.. it clogs my skin up after constant repeated use and has virtually no long lasting benefits in terms of skincare wise.

I am in two minds. I love it. But i hate it.

I am desperatley searching for a new moisturiser that i know will 'feed' my skin properly for everyday use and keep this only for emergencies when highly allergic to normal products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Aaaaawww, I wanted to like this so BAD. It's from a company that doesn't test on animals and people say it helps with eczema (which I am overcome with at the moment *sigh*). I used it ONE time and had a terrible reaction to it! It immediately made ALL of my horrible eczema patches flare up worse than ever and I developed new rashes, big patches of horribly itchy red bumps on my neck, stomach, and shoulders (nowhere else strangely, I used it head to toe). I haven't used it since two days ago and am STILL taking Benadryl to keep it in check. Whew. The only other time in my life that I've had a similar reaction was to a Coppertone sunless tanner, but it was all over and didn't itch, just red bumps. Disappointed, but I didn't like the lemon-y smell anyways. Heads up to anyone who has strangely finicky skin!

I've been using this product for 2 years now & it's about the best moisturizer I've ever used. I've tried many through the years & spent a fortune only to throw them away, but this works so well for me. My only complaint is that you have to scoop out the cream with your finger but the cream is so moisturizing that it clears up my dry skin right away. The price is the best too.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Both, my mother and grandmother, have used Nivea for as long as I can remember, which naturally led me to the low-profile jar years ago. I have a very oily skin, so I would never dare to apply it all over my face, but it's done a wonderful job moisturizing my eye area. I am 28 and it wasn't till recently that I recognized a need for a full-blown eye cream due to some fine lines that started forming around my eyes. While I still haven't found an eye cream that works for me, I apply Nivea religiously and it seems to be doing a great job in the interim of my research :).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too am reviewing the German product in the metal tin. This is important since the product made in Mexico is completely different in composition.German Nivea Creme is my one and only day/night cream and I agree that Creme de La Mer is remarkably and suspiciously the same similar. I've used Creme de La Mer and I just had to go back to my beautiful, effective, inexpensive, Nivea Creme. I kicked myself for the fortune I spent on Creme de La Mer. I use Nivea Creme on my face (including my eyes) and on my body. It's a little stiff, out of the tin but I warm it between my fingers and pat it onto my face still moist from my toner. It plumps fine lines and gives my face a youthful glow beyond compare! HG. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This review is for the German-made Nivea cream in the blue tin. Its formulation is far superior to the Mexican-made cream readily found on drugstore shelves here in the States. I happily bought my one-ounce tin of the "real" Nivea from Walgreen's for 99 cents. I like to sandwich my eye products in my very dry eye area and I've been test driving the Nivea as my third and last layer (usually use Sage's Old Lady cream). And even though I usually don't care for scented products, the fragrance of this does dissipate quickly. Both the scent and consistency are quite reminiscent of Creme de la Mer so I now understand the favorable comparisons.

EDITED TO ADD: thanks to Bringiton for noting the differences between the German version sold to the US and the German version available in Europe. Here are the ingredients to the European version (available online here in the States from smallflower.com). Original German formula:
Aqua, Paraffinum liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (EuceritŪ), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.

U.S. German Nivea Creme:
water, mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, glycerine, lanolin alcohol, paraffin, ceresin, magnesium sulfate, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminum stearates, panthenol, citric acid, magnesium stearate, fragrance. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Not moisturizing if I use only a little. Horrible greasy stuff if I use a little more. When I need a lotion, I need it to put something back moisture-wise, not just make my skin tacky and greasy.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG! My mom used to use this while I was growing up and then I became a high end snob so never tried it.

That said, 3 weeks ago I thought my face was going to crack and fall off, it was so dry. The only thing that helped - Nivea Creme!

I have also had so many comments on my great skin since I started using it! I was using Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream, but this is actually better for me.

I have dry skin, but it is clear. Do not know how this would be for oilier girls. I love the thick texture and lasting moisturisation. That said, if you are scared of thick creams, perhaps this one isn't for you.

UPDATE: Once again, Nivea creme has saved the day! I strayed and started using something else which made my skin even sensitive to water! Then it got so dry I was beside myself! Nivea is helping return my skin to a better condition! Highly recommend!!! This is my HG. Why, oh, why did I stray??

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Better than most lotions but still not enough for my dry skin. Smells nice too, even though it's hard to spread. Jergens work much better for me at much cheaper price in Indonesia, so I won't bother with this anymore

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

one word: AMAZING! I've been using this since I was around twelve, no joke, and it's the best moisturizer that i've found (for the price). I have EXTREMELY dry skin and i am allergic to parabens, which means i break out very, very easily from lotions. I was a bit skeptical to try this at first, I thought it seemed like some horrible cheap brand, but I thought, "It's only 99 cents for the little tin, what harm will there by to try?" and i am so glad that I did try it! I agree that it is a little greasy, but that's okay for me because of my parched skin. It doesn't make me break out, smells nice and fresh, and REALLY hydrates my skin! I put it on every night before bed and it works great. Honestly, for 99 cents, what have you got to lose?