November 26, 2014 | 931 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by greenling

It's the most expensive mascara I've ever bought at 12.50, but that's still only 5 over Rimmel's LashMaxx, so I gave it a try. This was recommended by the Clinique SA who said she used this daily. She said it goes on very easily - and she's right. One stroke leaves a truly clump-free application of mascara that defines along the length of the lash. If, like me, you have tried half a dozen cheap mascaras, stop trying them out and just invest in a tube of this. Mascara for glamour-craving morons.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by calif_maki

I got this as part of Clinique's GWP. I curled my lashes prior to application of this mascara and I was disappointed that it actually took away the "curl" the curler gave me. I had to apply it 2-3x to make it more visible and I ended up with spidery-looking lashes. Didn't work for me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by aalleexxandra

I love this mascara. It has a rich black color and the brush is nice and big and round, but still easy to touch to your bottom lashes. It makes my lashes thick and long. I really have no lashes at all, and my sister has incredibly long ones, yet she said it looked like I had false lashes on. I know that this will be a new HG for me, I totally love the effect it gives my eyes. Also, it doesn't clump for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Sweetchica329

I love this mascara, in fact I believe it's my HG! It really makes my lashes long, thus making my eyes "pop". I have sensitive eyes as well, so it does not bother them, which is always good. The brush is also nice, as it holds a good amount of product, without clumping up on the brush or on my eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FYI, I'm using the non-waterproof/washable version of this mascara.

I got this as a sample, and I like that it really lengthens your lashes, and is easy to put on as the formula is really smooth. It also doesnt clump on me. However, it smudges like crazy, which I don't like. After half a day, I was getting black smudges under my eyes which were very noticable. I tried it a few times because I really loved the lengthening effect, but to no avail, since it smudged gleefully each time I used it. Maybe it's because I was using the non-waterproof version of the mascara...can't speak for the waterproof version.

What a pity this smudges so badly, I wouldn't rebuy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by keiralechat

This mascara used to be my HG for a number of years, my friend gave me my very first one and I've bought about 10 of them since.
The mascara does make my lashes longer and fuller but only to a certain point, I feel I've gotten longer and fuller lashes from other mascaras (hence this not beeing my HG anymore) but to the high imact's defence it works quicker for me so I still use it if i'm in a rush. It lasts pretty well and doesn't flake, doesn't dry out quickly and the color is a very pretty ink-black.
One thing i've noticed about the packaging is that the cap always gets a crack in it after about a month or so... often leaving stains in my makeup bag, i've found that only fastening the cap loosely solves this problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by GoshILoveYou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I asked the lady at the Clinique counter which would make my lashes longer (she had already asked if I was wearing false lashes) and she told me that the high impact mascara would make my lashes longer.. and it did. I like to wear a lot. It comes off pretty easy. Goes on very smooth. The brush is kind of large though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by kate38

I was pretty disappointed with this mascara, especially because it isn't cheap... it took LOADS of coats to have any significant effect on my lashes, and is quite dry. Also, it really didn't last long, and the applicator brush seemed weirdly weak - it bent out of shape easily, which is odd. The good things about it were that once I did apply alot of it, it made my lashes look quite full and added alot of volume, without looking spidery/clumpy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by itsmekylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just middle of the range mascara to me. Didn't significantly enhance my lashes in any way that would make me buy it again.

UPDATE: I like this mascara more all of the time. I've been trying lots of new brands over the past few months, and I keep coming back to this for it's extremely smooth and lightweight formula that both separates and adds volume and length. Still not quite as dramatic an effect I like on it's own, but I use this together with another formula (MAC PlushLash) and my lashes are just about perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

Wow! This mascara gives really full, dramatic lashes. I got a few compliments asking if i had false lashes on because they looked so long and beautiful! I got this mascara in a sample size at bonus time, i would probably buy this product full size when i run out, this has lasted a long time and i use it most days. It can clump if you use too much, you only really need 1-2 coats, no more! A good evening mascara for going out, recommended for full on drama!