Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 3/22/2004 10:04:00 PM

I thought that with it's originals' reputation, the oily skin formula would work better for my combination skin. Also, after reading a good amount of raves, I decided to give it a try, thinking that I have nothing to lose anyway. After using it for a few days, I noticed breakouts on spots that seemed rather odd: cheek area, above my brows, around my upper lips... unusual. I've tried living in denial, hoping that it's something else, like my new Mineral secret foundation, my new moisturizer, or maybe a strange reaction to my detergent. How could something so highly recommended by dermotologists be causing breakouts? I got so paranoid to the point where I was convinced that there's something wrong with me, that I'm abnormal!! Thank Goodness for all these mua reviews, I'm not the only one having problems with the product. Lesson learned: Read MUA reviews before trying out new products, saves a lot of time, money, and the worse paranoia I've had about having abnormal skin. Oh, by the way, the breakouts stopped right after I discontinued using this cleanser, what does that tell me? This stuff is evil.

on 3/22/2004 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This cleanser worked better for my than the original version, but the fragrance is too strong and overwhelming. For a line that is made for sensitive skin and recommended by dermatologists, I don't see why such a cloying fragrance is necessary. And the ingredients list "fragrance" among them, so this fragrance has been added. Did this cleanser smell so bad that they needed to add a masking fragrance to it? I *might* consider using it again because it cleaned my skin well enough, but I can't stand the smell.

on 3/21/2004 10:05:00 PM

my skin is calmer and clearer sincer using this cleanser. cleans off all makeup, including eye, and leaves my skin soft and clean. i will buy this again and again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay cleanser. It freaks me out because there is no bubbly, and I need the bubbly. However, it lasts a looong time. I use it to cleanse my face at night before applying Retin-A, as per derm's instructions. My skin doesn't feel tight after I wash it, but it doesn't feel "clean." In fact, if I swab some toner on my face, I've got leftover residue. Mediocre as far as makeup removal goes, but I guess that's expected from a gentler cleanser. Although it burns at times, actually. Oh well. I suppose if it was very bad my skin would be breaking out, but it's not. A good cleanser if you need something "gentle" while on dermatologist-recommended acne medicine.

on 3/16/2004 11:22:00 PM

this product actually felt like it got hot as i rubbed it on my face. burned my skin and dried me out to boot.

hated this.

Good product, great price. I can't complain, it works really well for me. I have an oily t-zone and don't wear that much makeup, so take it for what it's worh. It doesn't really foam, but I don't care too much about that...

on 3/9/2004 9:26:00 PM

Terrific cleanser for my oily skin. Breakouts are now infrequent and skin texture isn't dried out like with other, more expensive products for oily skin. Am disappointed that there is fragrance but will always rebuy.

on 3/9/2004 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Great for taking off makeup w/o irritating/drying out my skin. Gentle enough for my sensitive/oily skin. I like this better than Purpose Face Wash- because its not as drying. I like the pump a lot -it gives just the right amount to use. The price isn't too bad since you are getting a lot of product for $9.99 at Target. I keep coming back to this cleanser. It helps clean my oily/high sebum producing skin.

on 3/3/2004 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i think this is the best facial cleanser i have found. i have really sensitive skin, but this never made me breakout. i used to go to a dermatologist and pay $18 for neostrata, but this is so much better for than half of the price.

on 2/27/2004 9:43:00 PM

I neither hate nor love this stuff. My only gripe is that I never feel as if it has rinsed completely off my face.