July 31, 2014 | 972 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lyly314454

Wont purchase it again. I dont really understand why those lips balm are supposed to be wonderful, but I dont like them very much. I got the Pink Punch and Cherry Me. I like cherry me the most, the color is not fake and it looks good on my lips. But Pink Punch is just awful for me..a very fake color , I look like a doll when I wear this..anyway, I regret buying this product. They are mosturizing, but not that much.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by BuffaloHockeyGirl

Let me start off by saying that I loved this product at first.
Maybelline and I have a pretty good relationship, I love their eyestudio liners and mascaras. I thought they were about to establish themselves as a go-to drugstore makeup for me.

Now I bought these only 8 days ago. Not a long time, but then again I think some people write reviews in less than a couple days. I purchased Peach Kiss and Pink Punch, and I was initially pretty smitten. I love nude lips, I know some people on here do not but I actually like that concealer lip look and I found Peach Kiss to be a subtle, shimmery nude lip. Pink Punch was a pretty opaque pink considering this is a lip balm. I loved the packaging and the fruity scents.

I came on here a few days ago and I was surprised to find some horrible reviews on Baby Lips, lots of people claimed they dried their lips out. I wasn't super impressed with their moisturizing effect, but I didn't think they dried my lips... Untill today when I woke up with a friggin cold sore. Now, I get cold sores rather frequently and if you do not get them, bless your lucky stars because they totally suck. I've had them since longer than I can remember. They definitely started before the age of 10. Cold sores can be caused by lots of things, too much stress, too much sun, too much cold and even dry lips... I'm not going to say that Baby Lips gave me a cold sore, but they by no means gave me any "baby lips" or "the lips I was born with." Could they have contributed? I think it's possible. Maybe my lips are just not used to them and with time they will not cause any outbreaks, but I'm not so sure I want to try, to be honest.

Maybe they will make a nice cold sore concealing lip product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by spellofparis

I was initially drawn to this product through it's advertising. I always tend to buy lip products according to how cute the packaging is (a bad habit). I bought the "Grape Vine" flavor for $4.05 at CVS since it was the only one left. I later went to Walgreen's only to find a wider selection all priced at $2.99. So far (it's been two days) I am happy with this chap-stick. It does not go on dark. It has a light sheer berry tone when applied. I am pretty fair skinned. My lips definitely feel softer and I find the pinkish tint to be a plus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love these!
The colors are awesome and they smell so yummy! I find them very moisturizing for me, will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by syjimenez

I have in peach kiss and its a nude color...its Cute Packaging. Super Cheap. Keeps your lips moist but also may dry them so you have to keep using it..i want to try the other colors

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in Grape Vine. It feels nice and smooth, like a lip balm, and leaves a sheer purplish-pink tint (nowhere near as dark as the wine-like colour of the balm itself). Colour doesn't stay very long. Scent is sort of a cross between grape bubblegum and fresh paint; taste is pretty bad, like eating lipstick. I probably won't be buying any more of these, but at least it was cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by inventingshadows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I searched for this product EVERYWHERE in Canada until I finally found this at well.ca. Needless to say by the time the online order made it to my doorstep my hands were trembling with anticipation and...what a downer. The Peach kiss I ordered just sits on my lips. No melting, no softness and unfortunately cracks my lips - certainly no "baby lips" for me. I do have to say I loved the color of barely-there-nude and would of loved to wear it if it wasn't for the aforementioned offenders listed above.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by grnfaerie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Grape Vine and I like the color payoff, it's still sheer but not so sheer that it doesn't show up at all. It has a nice fruity smell to it but kind of a waxy yucky taste if it happens to get in your mouth. The packaging is more like a lip balm than a lipstick (interesting that Maybelline chose to go this route and Revlon and L'Oreal made their balms more lipstick like.) The price is a lot cheaper than both the L'Oreal and Revlon versions- which is a big plus. The real issue here is how well it moisturizes, and I'm just not impressed. If I had chapped lips I'd still reach for Nivea's Kiss of Flavor Strawberry Tinted Lip Care- which has the same color payoff, is cheaper, and moisturizes a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by MellowJello20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough how much I love this product!! Baby Lips are seriously the best moisturizing (CHEAP) lip product. I love them! I have them in 3 different shades, and I have already repurchased once. They are very moisturizing and the colors are great (if you like colors). I wear the clear peppermint every day, and when I want color, I apply the other colors over lip liner for a great tinted moisturized look!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by softballmari27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

omg ok so this is avaibilible NO WHERE in my town! i had to go to a walmart about 20 minutes from my town to get this. i got the VERY last one in peach kiss. this one makes my lips soooo smooth and helps with the little blackheads i get sometimes around my lips. this is such a wonderful product for anyone! it makes my lips super kissable!!!!!! and its only like $2!!!!!!!!