September 3, 2014 | 1022 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by tayaisaqt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is great! i have it in pink punch and the texture is very smooth plus the color shows up like a cute bubble gum on my lips! its very moisturizing BEST LIP BALM IVE EVER GOTTEN! WILL DEF BUY AGAIN!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by budgetbeauty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with the idea of a tinted lip balm because I don't like to have to reapply lip color with a mirror at work, but I have had little success finding one that has decent color payoff without being too opaque and is somewhat moisturizing. I think these are pretty close to what I was looking for. The cherry me one is my favorite in terms of color-->nice bright but not overwhelming fuchsia that is more like a stain than an opaque lip color, leaves my lips with a beautiful, non-flaking stain that last for many hours. Pink punch also gives off a good amount of color-->a nice but wearable baby pink, not as stain-like as cherry me but still gives a good amount of color. Grape vine is more of a MLBB very light stain that is non-flaking and similar to cherry me but without the color intensity (this is the most safe for work). Peach kiss is the only one with shimmer and the color is too light to make a difference on my pigmented lips and also emphasizes flakes. Overall I really like these tinted lip balms and would recommend them to anyone looking for great color payoff (except for peach kiss), mild moisturizing ability (you will need to reapply, the can dry your lips out but there is little flaking except with peach kiss), and easy application, and cherry me and grape vine double as nice lip stains. My favorites are in this order: cherry me>pink punch>grape vine>peach kiss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Got this in the peach, though it looks more nude toned. Not really that impressed with the color, I think it washed me out (for reference I'm half asian, about NC 20-25). I'm having a problem with peeling, dry lips at the moment, and this emphasised the bad state of my lips rather than help it. It's cheap which is nice, and it does have that nice sheen. Maybe it would be better in another color? Not really willing to spend any more $ to try this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Kurobana

Best lip moisturizer I have ever tried.
I have never used a lip moisturizer with more satisfactory results! My lips are baby skin soft and, thanks to the wonderful bonus tinted spf moisturizer, they are also protected and pretty pink!

I wish I could give this a 6 or 7 out of 5, instead.

MUAH, Maybelline. First lip moisturizer that actually does it's job and not the opposite!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by emigyaru

I personally really liked this product. I have the color Cherry Me; which I purchased for $1.90 at a Rite Aid that was having a liquidation sale. I haven't tried it yet before and read the reviews AFTER purchasing it. I was concerned when I saw how many reviewers mention that this lip balm really dried out their lips.

I actually find it to be very moisturizing and the color payoff is great.The packaging is very cute too. I've tried other tinted lip balms before, but they were all major disappointments. I'm looking forward to purchasing the rest of the line next week.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by xocrayon

I just went and got this product today and I actually really like it. Most chapsticks or lip balm it makes me want to lick it off because it feels like it's drying on my lips, but not this one. I can actually let this one stay on. I also really like the smell and the color tint it gives my lips :D Plus the tube is so cute. I guess it's not for everybody though, but for me, I love it. I totally want to go out and buy it in a different scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by satellitedreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible. I couldn't tell if it was effective or not because I couldn't stand to use it for more than 2 days. Buttery, yes, but it also had that vile "SPF lip balm" after taste. Smells awful. Horribly childish packaging. All in all, pretty bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by bohochic72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure about anyone else but I really wanted to like this--even going back and buying another. This product dried my lips out, badly!

I used and re-used and tried to even brush my lips before application but still my lips were dried from this stuff. I eventually did some research online and found other reviews similar to mine-many had experienced dried lips. I then called Maybelline Headquarters and told them what was happening and they were nice enough to send me two coupons for $5 off of any Maybelline product which I gladly used at ULTA stores.

Typically I like Maybelline prods but this just didn't cut the mustard for me. Burt's Bees and Loreal Lip Balm work like magic and my lips are now smooth and supple. Sorry Maybelline, Baby Lips made my lips feel like sandpaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

I love this.I feel like it really does help my lips over time.I bought this in Pink Punch and it's a barbie pink color.I wanted the one in the purple tube i think its called Peach Kiss? but walmart only have 2 of these left the clear one or the pink one so I bought this one for $2.97.It's a little to loud to wear to school :( but it still a good buy.Overall I would buy this again hopefully thy'll have more to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by makemeup001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not available yet in the UK (to my knowledge), so I brought mine's from eBay. I purchased the shades Peppermint, Pink Punch, Cherry Me and Grape Vine. Of these, I disliked Grape Vine (leaves a sheer, light purple tint) the most; it leaves a sticky, horrible feeling on the lips and its smell is cheap and tacky.
Peppermint is a clear balm, and scented according to its name (as all of them are). Pink Punch is a nice light pink and in my opinion, is the bes scented of all of them. Cherry Me is the least used (from the three that I like), for no apparent reason, I just find myself hovering towards the Pink Punch and Peppermint more often. Its a nice red colour, but its better to apply it sheer.
I find that over-applying these leaves a tacky look, and its better to apply these sheer; and not slather them on. Applying them sheer makes it less likely for them to dry out. When I applied too much, I found it stuck in a horrible way to my lips making them look cakey and disgusting. LESS IS MORE! Pay attention to that.
LOVE the fact that there's SPF20 in all! Good to wear everyday.
Pricing is reasonable. Decent product, with certain shades, but I think that it performs reasonably well compared to other high-end, more expensive products.
Hope this helps anyone considering to buy it :D
By the way, if you're wondering why I got Grape Vine if I didn't like the colour or scent, its because the sellers I purchased from on eBay were selling them in packs of 4.