August 20, 2014 | 1134 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

I love this.I feel like it really does help my lips over time.I bought this in Pink Punch and it's a barbie pink color.I wanted the one in the purple tube i think its called Peach Kiss? but walmart only have 2 of these left the clear one or the pink one so I bought this one for $2.97.It's a little to loud to wear to school :( but it still a good buy.Overall I would buy this again hopefully thy'll have more to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by makemeup001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not available yet in the UK (to my knowledge), so I brought mine's from eBay. I purchased the shades Peppermint, Pink Punch, Cherry Me and Grape Vine. Of these, I disliked Grape Vine (leaves a sheer, light purple tint) the most; it leaves a sticky, horrible feeling on the lips and its smell is cheap and tacky.
Peppermint is a clear balm, and scented according to its name (as all of them are). Pink Punch is a nice light pink and in my opinion, is the bes scented of all of them. Cherry Me is the least used (from the three that I like), for no apparent reason, I just find myself hovering towards the Pink Punch and Peppermint more often. Its a nice red colour, but its better to apply it sheer.
I find that over-applying these leaves a tacky look, and its better to apply these sheer; and not slather them on. Applying them sheer makes it less likely for them to dry out. When I applied too much, I found it stuck in a horrible way to my lips making them look cakey and disgusting. LESS IS MORE! Pay attention to that.
LOVE the fact that there's SPF20 in all! Good to wear everyday.
Pricing is reasonable. Decent product, with certain shades, but I think that it performs reasonably well compared to other high-end, more expensive products.
Hope this helps anyone considering to buy it :D
By the way, if you're wondering why I got Grape Vine if I didn't like the colour or scent, its because the sellers I purchased from on eBay were selling them in packs of 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by clairer720

Overall this product is great! The packaging is very unique and I wanted it the second I saw the ad! I was a little hesitant getting the darker colors, but it's actually pretty sheer but still buildable. It actually goes on pretty thin, but it instantly makes my lips smOoth! Just make sure you dont put it on too often because it might dry your lips out. The cap sortof snaps on and after having mine a while the top would actually slide right off without trying to :/ also if u drop it enough the different pieces will literally fall apart. But its still fineto use. You go through a tube pretty quick but the price is cheap and it's worth it. Definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by captaincheekyxx

PROS:
-Around $4AUD, even less in the US and Canada
-Cute packaging, the font and colours are nice
-Smell is not revolting, in fact quite sweet but not overpoweringly so
-Gives lips a buttery texture and sheen

CONS:
-Extremely buttery, so with daily use it can go quite quickly, more for those who dont use it 10 times a day, maybe once or twice a day
-It has a WEIRD aftertaste. I dont know how to describe it. Sort of chemically-frangrantly-waxy. Weird.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by OhSoVexingVirgo

I bought this because my lips were a little dry, and I happened to see a new display of them out on the counter. I remembered seeing the commercials for it and Maybelline has always been a brand I've known and trusted.

I didn't care too much for the packaging, but if the product worked well I could get past that, but it was a complete flop.

It went on thick and extremely waxy, and yet it seemed to wear off in no time. But then again maybe it only seemed that way because it didn't moisturize or hydrate my lips at all as it claimed it would, it literally seemed to suck any moisture I might have had in the skin on my lips out, because I went from my lips being a little dry to being totally chapped and cracked.

I would not buy this again or recommend it..

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by manitoban3

Sorry, big fail for me. Bought Peach Kiss on sale at Superstore today for $4 CAN. Nice peachy color, slightly shimmery in the tube, smells GREAT and goes on nice and smooth! However, no color or shine at all on the lips, very strong sunscreen taste and believe it or not, I found this to rapidly dry out my lips (within thirty minutes...) Will not be purchasing again and in fact, I am going to email Maybellline right now... AVOID.
ps. The packaging is really juvenile , but I thought I could over look that based on so many rave reviews... not.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by daylights

I bought this product in clear peppermint (it was the only one left).

I am a lip balm hoarder, but this is my absolute favourite lip balm! I am a notorious lip biter/peeler (really bad habit!) and this balm got rid of my cracked lips and loose skin. My lips look flawless - very smooth and soft. I no longer bite or peel my lips :) I am very happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Alison20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard people rave about these and saw empty displays at stores. I bought 3 when I could finally find them in stock ( the clear, pink & purple). They are just ok. I wouldn't purchase them again. I don't think they work better than any other balm. The purple/grape one gives lips a nice color. I've gotten compliments on that one. The pink is a horrible bright bubble gum pink that I would never wear in public. It came in a double pack with the clear, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by c0c0delor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like most of the product consumers, I bought Baby Lips Quench (the blue with pink writing) after seeing the commercial. I should have read the reviews before buying the lip balm. The lip balm did make my lips feel soft after a few uses. But overall, it is not my favorite. It has a waxy, oily feel to it. My lips actually feel drier after applying the balm. The taste is nasty. I'll be sticking with Burt's Bees.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought two Baby Lips because I saw the commercials, and I really liked the cool packaging. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed in them. I bought Pink Punch and Quenched. They have an SPF of 15, and I can taste an aftertaste of sunscreen. They feel greasy when I apply them and definitely don't last the 8 hours the company claims they do. And the color of Pink Punch was really opaque, like those tinted zinc oxide sunblocks lifeguards wear. They also left my lips feeling dry. I think it's safe to say I won't be buying Baby Lips again.