October 25, 2014 | 1906 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

Nice color and feel on lips. I did notice that soon after the color was gone and my lips felt dry. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by clc5z

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really wanted to love this product. However, I don't think I could ever buy it again because it has dried out my lips so badly.

Does this product make your lips smooth? Yes, I will give it that. Usually chapsticks make my lips flake, and this one did not do that. However, I felt like I had to keep applying it several times a day because it was not moisturizing my lips. A couple days after using the product, my lips were dryer than ever. Yes they are smooth, but I cannot stand the dryness. I really wanted this product to work since it had such good reviews, but it just did not work in my case.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by depafuyu

I love this lip balm!!! It's my favorite among others!!
It really moisturize your lips without the feeling of using it.
An absolute must have item anywhere you go or before using your daily lip gloss or lipstick.

I love the packaging too its so cute and make you want to collected. Just like me!! I've bought all of them with no doubt for re-purchasing it.

Very recommended item!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by juicyyycouture

I love this product so much because it moisturizers my lips extremely well, gives it a nice, sheer color and a glossy look. The packaging itself is totally adorable! The smells are fantastic too! The only con would have to be the unpleasant taste which somehow always finds its way onto my tongue! Other than that, LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I'm Currently using the peppermint flavor and even though it's clear, it accentuates my natural lip color so much! Going to go out and get the rest of the collection!!! Hopefully, the peach kiss one isn't sold out again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sreavis

I bought this in Grape Vine. The color is a grape-y brown color. Very sheer. You can apply without a mirror. The consistency is great, very soft and moisturizing. Packaging is great. HOWEVER, the smell is terrible. So overpowering. I'm not sure if each color has its own fragrance, but this one smells like cheap candles or a car air freshener. After a few minutes I had to wipe it off. The smell remained on my lips! This reiterates the lesson that I'm slow to retain (with a drawer full of stinky drugstore lip products) when you buy nice cosmetics in a department store, the colors aren't necessarily better, but you're paying to try before you buy and for fragrance-free or at least something that doesn't smell this fruity floral bad. Very disappointing...everything else was great, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by brigitbb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THESE! I have two (peppermint, and cherry me). They are great! Peppermint is clear but better than ordinary chap stick. It gives my lips a really pretty shiny look that looks really good. The red one (cherry me) is good too, but I do not look good in red lips. It is not solid red it it more of a clear pinkish red. I like it but i dont look good in it. I loves these and plan on getting all of them. The packaging is really cool too. I think that it is a good packaging to use because its bright and cute. This is a great present for any friend and for yourself!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Peach Kiss and Pink Punch. Peach Kiss is a VERY sheer nude and has a ton of shimmer. It has a distinctive sunscreen smell and is not particularly moisturizing. It has a very grainy texture on my lips. I honestly hate it.

Pink Punch, on the other hand, is VERY pigmented. A beautiful neon pink color, it almost stains the lips and is marginally more moisturizing than Peach Kiss. The punch smell is very nice :)

Edit: The quality really depends on which lip balm you choose. I have tried Cherry Me, which is really pigmented, and quite moisturizing. The new limited edition Twinkle shade is clear and very moisturizing. Coral Crush (which may or may not be limited edition according to the print ads' ambiguity) is slightly pigmented and also pretty moisturizing. The only one that has been a total miss for me is Peach Kiss which is a shame because it is quite pretty; the formula just needs to be improved because it is SO grainy and drying to the lips :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by teatimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought baby lips in Cherry Me and it's almost perfect. I'm torn because while I love the way it looks and feels, I absolutely hate the way it tastes! It almost tastes as if you accidentally ate lotion or some other beauty product that is not meant to be ingested. It also comes off rather easily so if you want to keep the look you'll have to reapply. I can deal with the reapplying, but the taste is enough to not make me buy this lip gloss again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by TheGoodSwan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had relatively low expectations for these, as I usually do not care for Maybelline items. However, I was dying to try them! I am a sucker for colored balms...and cute packaging (very 80s - brightly colored with graffiti-like writing). It took me weeks to actually get my hot little hands on them... Every time I looked for them they were always sold out. Anyway, I finally found them. I bought 5 of the 6...all 'flavors' but Quenched. I skipped it, because it is clear and I was buying Peppermint - and IT is clear.

And...now for the reviews...

So far, Peach Kiss is my favorite. It has a faint peachy scent...sort of like a Jolly Rancher or a gummy of some kind. (I like that the scents on these are NOT overpowering.) Peach Kiss is a fairly pale, semi-frosted (silvery?) peach shade. It doesn't give a lot of color payoff, but I tend to like that. I don't always have a lot of time to do my face in the morning, so this is a really effortless way to add some polish to my lips. It is subtle and pretty.

Cherry Me is my second favorite. It has a super yummy cherry scent. Again, the scent reminds me of a cherry Jolly Rancher. The color is a pretty stain that really just enhances my natural lip color. You can add extra coats for more concentrated color. I like having the option to leave it very sheer, personally.

Pink Punch is PINK. Very, very pink. After just a light coat I think it is great, but adding more layers of this can be SCARY. This particular flavor of Baby Lips is more opaque than the others. Right now, the weather is SO frigid, I can't imagine wearing such a springy shade. I think this color will get more wear in the warmer months. The scent...is like fruit punch. Yum.

Grape Vine is a sheer purple. It is probably the most sheer of them all. I actually dig that, because I can't imagine that it would get much play (from me, anyway) if it were heavier.

Peppermint... Well, it is clear. Shiny. Smells like peppermint...faintly. These is no shimmer. This just adds a bit of shine. Nothing else to say... :)

All of these have SPF. I know some people don't care for that in their balms (because it has an off-putting flavor/scent), but I am always thankful for any extra sun protection. I will say that these DO have an odd taste. Personally, I don't find it to be enough of a problem to not use these...and it won't keep me from repurchasing. All in all....I am pleasantly surprised by these. I have actually already purchased backups of the Peach Kiss, Cherry Me and Peppermint. To be honest, I will probably pick up Quenched, as well - so I have a proper set. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by misseta741

I finally got Baby Lips!! I saw the commercial and had to have it. I bought fruit punch which isn't bad if you like your lips a hot pink color. It definitely makes my lips feel so much softer and smells pretty good, a little faint, but definitely good. The only thing that disappointed my was the SPF 20. I don't know about anyone else, but I can always taste the SPF in my lip balm, I hope it's only this kind because I love how it makes my lips soo soft! I'll probably buy another one to see if I can taste the SPF, but I still love the the product and love the name and font!