Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE. After just a week of using this product, my lips were "baby" soft. My lips before were dry and chapped from the burt's bees tinted lip balm and eos, and now they're back to being super soft. I have Peach Kiss, which has a heavenly smell of peaches. Its a nude/soft pink-ish color that has a hint of glimmer. So it has a nude tint and sparkle to it. Its great for casual settings and really great for school. Its super smooth so its easy and quick to apply too.

on 3/22/2012 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked up Baby Lips in Quenched at Walmart for $3. It smells really good and feels pretty good on my lips i wear it under my MAC lipglass and it seems to do great

on 3/20/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this in Pink Punch at Walmart for only about $2 and I am very happy with it. For such an inexpensive product the pigmentation is very good and it's a very vibrant cute pink color. It is quite moisturizing but it still does make my lips a little flaky but nothing too bad. Plus the smell is amazing. Would definitely purchase again in a different color!

I picked up Baby Lips in Pink Punch last night at a nearby CVS (Target only had Peach Kiss and Peppermint and I wanted the PINK one...lol.) and I do see what the hype is about. I'm not one for lipstick because a shade much too dark or too bright makes me look like a complete idiot and I don't really like certain lip glosses too much because of the stickiness and wetness associated with it. I do love that this is a balm-style lip TINT (not highly pigmented!) and even though Pink Punch's shade was a little on the brighter side, it looked great on me! Not to mention it smelled delicious, like fruit punch. I was so excited to have this in my possession that I couldn't stop reapplying it on the way home. My only gripe is that it really does not provide eight hours of moisturization like it claims to. It's really only about two hours. My lips felt much drier than when I first put it on after a couple of hours, but since I was already in for the night, I just wiped it off. Overall, I love the scent, light pigmentation and simple graffiti Chapstick-style packaging, but as far as the moisturizing concept goes? It doesn't. I would still repurchase this, though, because it's a good alternative for girls like me who don't want to look like a clown the second the lip color is put on. Also, it's guy-approved. My boyfriend (who hates me wearing makeup altogether) barely noticed and even commented that he liked the smell (he can't really smell anything to begin with), so it's always good when we can agree on something.

on 3/19/2012 7:50:00 PM

I own Baby Lips in Quenched. It has a nice enough consistency, but doesn't do much more for my lips than my usual go-to Lip Smackers lip balm does - yet I paid almost $6 for this (in a Canadian drug store) as opposed to my usual $3 for Lip Smackers.

Quenched smells GORGEOUS in the tube, but the fantastic scent doesn't translate to your lips, nor to the taste - I find it tastes soapy, or waxy. Overall, it's a pretty mediocre product. If it were cheaper, maybe I'd consider picking it up again, but only if they changed the terrible taste it leaves in my mouth.

I got this in peppermint, so I can't vouch for any other flavor, but this didn't liveup to my relatively low expectations. It went on smooth, but in a really thick layer, and turned grainy when it touched my lips. On the bright side, nothing bad happened. But nothing good either. It felt like minty wax sitting on my lips - a rather synthetic minty. Also, it doesn't last very long. Maybe an hour if you do minimal talking and eating. Don't waste your money on it.

on 3/18/2012 1:13:00 PM

I don't think these are sold in the UK so I bought them from a US seller on eBay. I bought three of the "tinted" ones - Grape Vine, Cherry Me, and Pink Punch.

The packaging of these balms is very cute - I'm a sucker for colourful packaging and this was definitely one of the reasons I bought them. The balms themselves are nothing out of the ordinary - Maybelline claims that these are "clinical strength", I don't know about that but they do make my lips feel soft. I don't get 8 hours of moisture out of them, contrary to Maybelline's claims. Providing I don't eat or drink, these last an hour or so on me. They smell yummy but taste a bit synthetic and soapy.
As for the tint - I don't find any of the three I bought very pigmented at all and was a bit disappointed with the sheerness of them. But they might suit you if you don't like lipsticks and just want a hint of colour.

Pros:

+ cute, colourful packaging
+ smell fruity and yummy
+ lips feel soft
+ cheap price

Cons:

- not long-lasting, keep having to re-apply
- not as moisturising as Maybelline says it is
- tints not very pigmented
- weird "soapy" taste

I would probably buy again, but I prefer Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer or Revlon Lip Butters.

on 3/17/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm was okay. The scent is amazing and the packaging is so cute, but I didn't see a big difference. I don't have dry chapped lips, but sometimes I need some moisture. I use my eos balm with the Baby Lips and it works amazingly(: Hope this helped!

on 3/17/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got the Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch and Peach Kiss for around $4.00 each.

PROS:
Pretty Packaging
Lovely Shades
Nice Flavors

CONS:
Dryed out my lips

The packaging is so cute and the flavors are delicious! The concept is great but the only problem is that the lip balms do not hydrate, but rather dry out my lips. The pigmentation is fabulous (almost like a lipstick) and the scent is super fruity. The balm would be perfect if it hydrated more, but overall it does what a good balm should do.

on 3/16/2012 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smell really good and very moist, loving it

Popular Lip Treatments