Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 4/13/2012 1:44:00 AM

I bought this product as my sister told me it made her lips very smooth but this didn't work for me. I got Anti-Oxidant Berry first of all. It made my lips very dry and cracked if I didn't use it every few hours. The smell and taste also made me feel sick after using it for a few days so I stopped. I was then given Smoothing Cherry as a gift. This didn't exactly make my lips super smooth but I did find it didn't dry out my lips as much and the smell/taste wasn't overpowering. If I was to buy this product again I would not go for Anti-Oxidant Berry, maybe Smoothing Cherry but I doubt I would ever buy any of them again.

on 4/11/2012 7:17:00 PM

This is just a typical cheap lip balm. Its not too hydrating, and the packaging seems very cheap. The price of this should be about 4 dollars.

on 4/11/2012 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Baby lips is a pretty big joke... absolutely not worth the time and money. I was first drawn into it because I like the concept of tinted lip balms or lip treatments that have dual purposes. But this is a BIG flop. I purchased it in the peach color, and the color payoff is really bad. And the moisturizing component is terrible too. I felt like I was always re-applying this product over and over and achieving neither of my two intended results.
Bad, Bad, Bad.

on 4/10/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow,,this made my lips feel coated,,,like waxy. Then my lips were peeling like mad! I was really unhappy with this,,i believe mine was grape. I was looking forward to some babysoft lips too!!! oh well this one was just not for me :(

on 4/8/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I admit it, I bought this lip balm because of all the hype surrounding it. It wasn't too expensive (I got mine on sale for $2.50 at Target) so I threw two into my shopping cart. The flavors I chose were the only two left - the original blue one and Peach Kiss. What a waste! I applied the blue Babylips prior to going to bed and the first thing I noticed was the awful smell. It wasn't strong but smelled like sunscreen and tasted like chemicals. Eugh.

The next morning I woke up and my lips were completely chapped. Worse yet, my bottom lip was bleeding and was crusted with dried blood! I immediately tossed out the blue one and gave the Peach Kiss away to a friend. I don't get what's so good about Baby Lips - even if it works the smell and taste aren't worth it. I guess most people, like me, are drawn to the cute packaging and clever marketing. Honestly though, save your money/time and don't get sucked into the ads! There are better smelling/tasting lip balms that work so much better.

on 4/8/2012 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I bought the untinted mint one and I actually find this to be somewhat drying on my lips. It also has a slight waxy feel which is annoying. It just doesn't sink in, I love the cute tube and the flavor but other than that this just does not work for me. I won't repurchase this.

on 4/7/2012 9:14:00 PM

I really like these. They deliver on what they promise on the packaging... at least for me they do. They keep my lips moist and I LOVE that they provide sun protection. They provide the slightest hint of color that you can build on by applying more layers. I have two of them and I really like them. Plus, they are dirt cheap. I will continue to buy them.

Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of these. Not sure what all the hype is. The packaging is cute, price is a little pricy for a mediochre drugstore product. I tried the cherry flavor(can't remember the name) and peach kiss. They were so unpigmented that it was barely even a tinted lip balm. Also they were really frosty and gritty feeling like the glitter was chunky. The smell was okay but not great. If you get it in your mouth it tastes NASTY. Doesn't feel moisturizing either, it feels more like putting water on your lips. The NIVEA tinted lip balms are a much better dupe! Better price, better smell, better flavor, better color, no chunky shimmer, and much better hydration.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lip balm. I have the peach and the mint ones (purple tube and green tube) and I really like the mint one! It smells amazing and goes great under lipstick. I also think it works great on dry, cracked lips. The staying power is so-so. It can feel greasy and thin, but it looks great. The packaging is adorable and I love the twist tubes!

on 4/7/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i tried this i the peach flavor/color. prior to this i was using Burt's Bee's Acai Berry balm, which i LOVE, but i figured i'd try this out for a hint of color. i'm not much of a lipstick person b/c i dont like to be constantly re-applying it .

i like the smell of this a lot, although to me it smells nothing like peaches just fruity. and i'm not bothered by the taste, i actually like that too. really, it's hardly noticable at all. i was a bit aprehensive of the frost/shimmer in the peach, b/c i HATE frost, but i really wanted the peach color! and i'm glad i tried it, b/c the shimmer is basically not even there, it's really onlu a hint. the color, however, IS there. i didnt even realize how much till i wiped my mouth after eating and there was a lot of non-food color on my napkin :)

the texture is smooth, and i really pile this stuff on, as my lips always tend to be quite dry. on me it lasts a couple hours, as long as i dont eat or drink.

i love that i can apply sans mirror and not have to worry about staying "in the lines". i bought one of these as a gift (lets hope she doesnt read this review!) and i plan on buying at least one more for myself, although i dont know if i'll go for the cherry or pink. most likely cherry :)

Popular Lip Treatments