July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by rottenj

If my boyfriend says Oh my God your skin feels so soft! I'm going to keep using it(on my body). Uh, why would anyone put this on their face? Anything that has oil or petrolatum shouldn't be used on your face! Of course you will break out. I use it on my body after a shower/bath.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by stephanieanne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fabulous moisturizing cream especially for winter, too heavy for summer months. Great price, enormous jar that lasts me all winter. Too rich for the face though. Fragrance free and all that. Great for us Cetaphil lovers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by memormihi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it love it love it love it. My skin is acne-prone and extremely sensitive, but not dry - not too oily either (but oilier rather than drier). I LOVE this moisturizer. It's so gentle. Everytime I take a shower or wash my face or whatever I need to use a moisturizer because letting my face airdry for some reason makes it very very dry, to the point of just really uncomfortable. I have to use a moisturizer and this is perfect. It doesn't irritate at all, and it doesnt make me break out. If you have oily skin, it's probably not for you - but for normal to dry to very dry, it's great, especially if you have very sensitive skin. I looooove it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2005 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cocogirl81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a cheap as chips moisturiser that is fantastic. Although would use my La Mer anyday, this is a great one for those on a budget. Able to use under the eye area and does not leave skin greasy. So cheap you can happily smother it all over your body. Great for my dry sensitive skin. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sleepyone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only moisturizer I've ever tried that I'm 100% certain does not break me out. Very basic and non-irritating. It's a shame that I can't use it during the day because it is too moisturizing for my combo/oily skin, but this would work wonderfully for drier skin. Much better than the lotion form, which I hated and now use as a hand lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by archgirl06

I have seborric dermatitis and my skin is extremely dry and sensitive (with scaley patches in the winter) and this is the only stuff that works. Lubriderm doesn't work nearly as well unless you use it really consistently, but with this stuff, I can put it on a dry patch and it's gone the next day! A g-dsend. Thank goodness my dermatologist suggested it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Forbsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

an absolute HG for my dry, sensitive, horribly acne prone skin - its the only thing that keeps my skin from flaking AND it works great under sunscreen and makeup! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2005 9:05:00 AM More reviews by retro_vertigo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cream is formulated for chronic dry, sensitive skin. I noticed that most of the negative reviews are from people who have normal/oily/combo skin. If your skin is normal/oily/combination, this product is probably not for you. Also, this is a Ďcreamí; itís supposed to be thick and heavy. If youíre apprehensive about putting a thick and heavy moisturizer on your face, try the lotion formula. With that being said, this cream is my HG moisturizer. I have very dry, non acne-prone skin all year round and this is the only cream that will keep the flakes and red patches away. In the winter, I apply this cream when I first get up in the morning and let it absorb into my skin while Iím getting ready (about 15 minutes). Then I apply my make-up. After I get home from work, I wash my face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar and apply the cream again. I apply the cream for a third time after a shower several hours later. For spring/summer, I apply twice daily. In the warmer months, my chin area is more normal, so I donít apply the cream to that area. Since Iíve been using this cream, my skin has never looked better. No blemishes, no clogged pores. My skin looks supple, dewy, and radiant.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by steph3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up when I was trying cetaphil cleanser which left my face feeling tight and dry. I only used a tiny bit and it seemed okay, it didn't feel greasy and it didn't cause any breakout but I only used it for a few days. I also tried this on my hands, that's when I decided to return it. Instead of moisturizing my hands it made them very flaky and dry. My hands do get dry but they have never been that bad. After that I didn't want to try it again on my face. UPDATE I returned this too fast. This did not cause my hands any problem. I had the same problem last night which is probably just from not moisturizing after washing my hands. I will buy this again, and update. For now I am giving it a 3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 1:00:00 PM More reviews by tkalex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Years ago, my derm recommended cetaphil fragrance free cream for my super dry skin, and I've always kept it on hand since then. It is super moisturizing but not greasy and very quickly absorbed. Great for sensitive skin conditions like eczema and chronic dry skin. The large tub packaging isn't very sanitary, though. I usually scoop it out with a clean spoon and put it into a smaller tub for daily use to avoid contamination.