NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

I rarely put on foundation anymore (and if I do, it would be mineral). However, on days that I want the ultimate flawless look (for photos or to impress haha), I always reach for this foundation because it gives a perfect dewy look which I love, and it matches my light asian skin perfectly (I use Ceylan). The finish is so natural and pretty. I used to use Estee Lauder's Double Wear and while it is a wonderful full-coverage foundation, it just felt too heavy on me. So when I ran out, I tried Nars and fell in love. Nars Sheer Glow is medium coverage (the name of foundation is quite deceiving), but it looks like your skin! It doesn't feel heavy at all, and doesn't accentuate any dry areas esp. in the winter time (unlike many of the foundations I've tried, and I'm very picky - Dior, Lancome, MUFE... etc). This has become my HG!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am so glad I didn't actually purchase this foundation. I have been matched incorrectly twice for my color, but finally found that Ceylan is a perfect shade for me.

Too bad when I tried my sample I hated it immediately. It doesn't blend in well with my skin and accentuates any dry spots. It just looks gross and mask-like. I had to take it off right when I put it on and use my usual foundation.

It just did not work for me at all.

on 12/18/2010 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this as my first foundation ever!! I had never used foundation because I really did not need it but now as I am getting a little older wanted some coverage to make my skin look even. PROS: nice sheer coverage, my freckles show through (which I like), does not feel heavy, blendable, easy to use. CONS: price, makes my face look chalky in photos, made me oily (I have oily t-zone, combo skin). Overall, I would not buy again because of the price and performance. I have Santa Fe and use MAC NC 30.

on 12/18/2010 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Definitely one of the biggest overhyped makeup items I've ever bought. First, it's quite sheer; I do have minor breakout scars and this fdt only covers them slightly. Heck, it doesn't even covers the pores at the side of my nose! Second, I usually do my fdt first then my eyes, blush etc before finishing with loose powders. With Sheer Glow my face is already greasy by that step so it's quite disappointing. Even after the powder in 15 minutes I have to blot, which is troublesome for me. I tried it with different primers and loose powders but I always felt greasy every time.
The pros, however, that it looks great in pics (while it's still fresh) and I love the shade Ceylan. It complements my light Asian yellow toned skin nicely. I also like the light gel textures that I can applied it with fingers seamlessly (prefer brushes though).
Overall, nice (overhyped, expensive) fdt but my HG is still Dior Skin Nude liquid fdt.

22/12: I've tried applying this fdt with MAC 187 brush and it does makes a LOT of difference. More coverage even though I used less amount (guess 190 eats up too much fdt), my face didn't feel greasy and it lasts quite a long time. Another note, Ceylan is a tad too yellow for me so I topped up with pinker toned loose powder. I add one more lippie :).

on 12/18/2010 4:40:00 AM

I really expected to like this foundation. I'm all for the dewy finish and lightweight consistency. The MUA at the nars counter applied this on me and it looked good in their mirror, felt good too so I purchased it. $99AUD ridiculous pricing! But I wanted it so bad so I just went with the outrageous pricing. When I came home from my shopping trip it already did not look that good anymore but she applied quite a lot so I blamed it on that. The next day I was ecstatic to apply the sheer glow myself and it looked good in the beginning but after just a few hours it had caked up and even caused some break outs on my skin! I tried a different primer, no luck. Used my fingers instead of a brush, still nothing. I really regret spending this much on a product and will probably make a few more times to make it work but I think it's a lost case.

on 12/16/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this based on all of the love it gets and I didn't like it at all. I have pretty normal skin, not too oily, not too dry. This made me look like I had grease on my face no matter what I put underneath it, over it, or how I applied. I tried ev-er-y-thing and it didn't matter. The bottle sucks. I don't complain when bottles don't come with pumps as long as they don't make a mess. And what a mess this one makes! I also don't attribute products to breakouts/acne unless I am 5000% sure it caused it...and this one gave me bumps. The color wasn't even that great. It turned orange on me (no matter what, as mentioned above). The only thing that I liked was how blendable it was. It certainly isn't worth the price, and there are much better foundations out there.

on 12/16/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the feel of this foundation and the color range is nice.However, the packaging is TRASH. No pump for that price? And since it doesn't have one you waste a lot of product and it's messier than it needs to be. If they changedthe packaging I would buy again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging would be way better if it came with a pump. Not that it's a huge deal to pour out on your hand, but still. Less hassle. I loved this foundation when I first purchased it, but it really is not designed to suit dry skin. If you find that your skin gets dry in patches and often flakes off, this product will accentuate those flaws. The coverage is nice, but much too drying for my taste. I have seen it look beautiful on other people though.

I have abit of a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I do really like it - I think it is one of those foundations that makes you look like you aren't wearing makeup (in a good way) but the packaging really annoys me. Firstly no pump, for the price of the foundation couldn't they at least include a pump? Also, like alot of other NARS products the screw lid gets really grubby and dirty (it seems to attract dirt) and I'm pretty neat with my makeup.

I was matched with Siberia - the lightest shade. I think it's going to last along time as you don't need very much when applying - I'll see how I feel when I finish the bottle the price puts me off repurchasing alittle. I seem to switch between this foundation and Revlon Photo Ready.

on 12/15/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wish it had a pump.
It worked well for me before, but soon it got greasy even before I wore it for a few hrs.
As soon as I put it on it got greasy so I have to blot with a tissue before putting on powder haha..
Then it eventually gets greasy after a few hours..
Not my personal HG foundation.
Again it's buildable and looks good after blotting and it doesn't dry out my skin at all..
I would buy it again, but again, not my HG foundation