Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

mkr

on 2/23/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for the past year. I like the light consistency of the cream. It doesn't feel greasy on and absorbs into my skin pretty quickly. I don't get as shiny in the middle of the day as I used to with my previous day cream. It does have a smell that takes some getting used to and i don't like that I have to stick my fingers in a jar.
I'm on my third jar, so I'll likely be buying it again.

i received a sample of this from sephora and i have to say i really liked it! i actually liked the strange smell, and it made my skin really smooth. the texture's a bit too watery for me... but that may have just been the sample. it didn't make my face shiny, but my skin did turn a little pink after i used it. i wouldn't buy this product only because it's expensive... i prefer using bio oil (10 dollars) or something like that on my face. as for my body.... i'd rather use a good scrubber and put on oil or vaseline because it'd cost me like a dollar.

on 2/17/2008 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

when i first purchased this (The Hype got me, of course), i HATED it. but after using it every night for a week, i definitely noticed a difference in my skin tone. i'm pushing 40, so this is a great moisturizer. just wish it weren't so expensive for so little product. i don't use this during the day, though, because it kinda leaves an oily sheen on my t-zone.

on 2/14/2008 6:04:00 AM

This is a good basic, no nonsense moisturiser which I'm not thrilled with but would purchase again. It does deliver a good amount of moisture so wouldn't recommend it for oiler skin types. I think there are better moisturisers on the market for less though.

on 2/12/2008 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this product with the make-up optional kit, and I must say it certainly is one of the better moisturizers I've tried. It's great especially because these winter months can be drying and seems to keep my face feeling smooth and moisturized throughout the day. It also is great to pair with purity. Another awesome Philosophy purchase.

on 2/10/2008 10:31:00 PM

I expected so much more from this moisturizer. It was greasy and did not absorb into my skin - and I have pretty dry skin! I used it several times, but this is just bad. And it made me break out. I ended up returning it to Sephora. In general, Philosophy products have been disappointing for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product has a nice smell, though a bit overwhelming at times.
What I like about this cream is that it sinks into your skin and calms your skin down, you could feel it being absorbed! I also use it before I put on my primer and it makes me feel good all the way!

I wish the packaging would be a little bit user-friendly (i'm talking about the lid of the jar - which doesn't seem hygienic at all).

UPDATE: if I use it in the summer days I feel oily, period. this might only work best for me in winter.

on 2/7/2008 10:09:00 PM

I thought this did the trick but I would imagine there are nicer products out there. Its probably great if you aren't 40 yet and so don't have fine lines already. But I need something more-like a miracle from God!

on 2/5/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My QVC happy mother-in-law recommended I try Hope in a Jar. I was looking for light moisture and something to help with my aging skin. It fits the bill. The texture is great. Very light and does not mess with my acne prone combo skin. After using this with the Purity cleanser my skin feels much softer and hydrated. Love it. However I don't love the jar. I hate dipping into a jar. I don't love the smell! It just stinks! My husband doesn't like me to come to bed with it on it smells so unpleasant. I can't argue with him! Last but not least, the price. I will pay it because I like it, but it would sure be nice if it were less.

on 2/4/2008 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I decided to try this out when I heard someone suggest it, along with Purity face wash. I love this moisturizer!! It's smell is not the best, in my opinion. But it seriously moisturizes. It's wonderful under my makeup. And it seems pretty calm. My skin doesn't seem irritated, just really soft and smooth. And when you're someone like me, with combination skin, acne prone. That feeling is awesome!