Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

this product is so seducing in the commercials. Who could ever imagine a lipstick that stays on for long periods of time! Wow.
What a HUGE disappointment. This product dries up like I just applied that chocolate shell over ice cream. It is like glue at first, my lips stuck together. Then it starts to bundle up in little boogers and flakes off. Disgusting. I cant believe I wasted $7 on this product.

i like most of the colors i have tried, and it stays on alot longer than most other lipsticks so it wins on that front, it does dry out your lips especially if you dont use the included gloss enough and some shades are way too dark and dont look good on all people

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

This stuff is so gross. It feels dry and flakey and the moisturizing gloss lasts about 2 minutes before you have that dry flakey feeling again. The color fades out in the center of your lips first and then sort of peels off in flakes. Maybe my lips are just too dry, or I'm a lip licker, I don't know but this was a huge fail for me.

First, let me say, I would only buy this product again if it was on sale. I bought this a few years ago (the blue version), and didn't like it. They went on sale recently and I decided to give it another shot because they supposedly improved the product.

They didn't.

The colours are nice, but they do not last for 16 hours. Okay, well maybe they do last for 16 hours, or at least, some of the colour might still be on your lips at the end of 16 hours if you can stand to leave it on that long.

It lasts for about one meal, so I think it lasts for me about 1 hour before it starts flaking and the colour actually starts disappearing starting from the center of the lips spreading out. It's not pretty. So I recommend carrying around a little tube of vaseline or baby oil in order to clean up and touch up if you want it to last for more than an hour.

The topcoat that comes with it is very waxy, although it does last for about 15 or so minutes before I feel like I have to apply it again.

I wish I could find a lipstick that can last for at least 6 hours without flaking or drying out. But Covergirl Outlast is definitely not one of those lipsticks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used this everyday from 7th to 10th grade. It lasted forever. I never had to touch up on anything and I never worried about it wearing off. Overall, fabulous!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm not really into these types of "long wearing" type lip paints to begin with but a friend of mine gave me her unused, unopened package of CG Outlast in the color called "Canyon" so I tried it out. Oh my, all I can say is this is the absolute WORST product ever to grace my lips. While the color itself was quite pretty (it was a muted, neutral red), the formula left a lot to be desired. You are supposed to put the lip color on, let it dry and once dry apply the conditioning stick (mine came with the opaque white, greasy stick) on top of the lip color to add moisture. Well, I did all that and followed the instructions to the T yet it dried my lips out even though I kept swiping it with the moisture stick like every 5 mins. BTW, that moisture stick didn't do squat to alleviate that icky feeling at all. Even though my lips were exfoliated prior to using this, it didn't help matters any. So...the poor performance I experienced had absolutely nothing to do with whether one's lips were exfoliated or not...as another reviewer had alluded to. The pigment itself did last pretty long, I'll give it that but not the "all day" it claims. It lasted about 7 hrs on me. But here's the kicker....when it did finally wear off it wasn't pretty at all. Instead of gradually fading, it flaked off in little patches all over my lips. An awful look to say the least. I'm glad I didn't buy this on my own because it would've been a complete waste of money. I realize some people love this or a similar product but it's definitely not for me....to each their own I guess.

PROS: Inexpensive.

CONS: Very, very drying on the lips.

ALTERNATES: HE (high end) alternates are Estee Lauder Double Wear & DS (drugstore) alternate, which is great, is Revlon Colorstay Soft and Smooth lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: the right shade is very natural-looking and has a lot of staying-power
Cons: it is drying and needs the balm applied frequently during the day but you can condition your lips at night and minimize the dryness
Comment: I must say I actually prefer Revlon's Color Stay one-step version of long-lasting lip product. It stays on very well (but not as well as Outlast) and is much less drying. Be warned that most of the Color Stay colors go on darker than they appear in the tube.

I bought the Outlast all day lip color in Red Cashmere number 579. I love the color. I don't wear red lipstick but this color was pretty. It is a pinkish red. My only complaint is that after the lip gloss wears off it does feel dry. When I looked in the mirror though it didn't look dry at all. It just felt it on my lips. Before I put it on I make sure to exfoliate my lips. If I don't then after a while it starts to flake. I really love this color and will buy it again.

Hated it!
It went on well, but felt a tad gritty on my lips. It dried smooth-ish, but immediatly my lips felt like all the moisture had been sucked out of them. Even with the 'moisturizing' gloss like stuff. My lips ended up sore and flaking no matter how much of that top coat stuff I put in. It felt waxy, like it was hovering above my lips, rather than penetrating them with moisture.
The colour tends to last, which is great if you are a fan of this product.
But trying to get it off was a nightmare, even with remover etc.
I found for the next few days I had to pamper my lips with Blistex Lip Medex to get them feeling normal again.
It looked weird on... almost like I just pressed coloured tin foil to my lips and it somehow magincally stayed there.
I tried a few (about 4) different colours of it, thinking perhaps it was just a bad colour I got. But they all had the same unfortunate effect on me.
Very drying.
I also found it annoying that it came in two parts, rather than a double-ended tube. So carting it around is a little annoying.
would never buy again.