Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

Hated it!
It went on well, but felt a tad gritty on my lips. It dried smooth-ish, but immediatly my lips felt like all the moisture had been sucked out of them. Even with the 'moisturizing' gloss like stuff. My lips ended up sore and flaking no matter how much of that top coat stuff I put in. It felt waxy, like it was hovering above my lips, rather than penetrating them with moisture.
The colour tends to last, which is great if you are a fan of this product.
But trying to get it off was a nightmare, even with remover etc.
I found for the next few days I had to pamper my lips with Blistex Lip Medex to get them feeling normal again.
It looked weird on... almost like I just pressed coloured tin foil to my lips and it somehow magincally stayed there.
I tried a few (about 4) different colours of it, thinking perhaps it was just a bad colour I got. But they all had the same unfortunate effect on me.
Very drying.
I also found it annoying that it came in two parts, rather than a double-ended tube. So carting it around is a little annoying.
would never buy again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product once awhile back, and never will again. The color was a deep, rich brown with a hint of red in it. I wish I could remember the name -- I only know it had the word "cinnamon" in it. At first I loved it, but unfortunately my complaints are the same as some of the previous reviewers. The product completely dried out my lips, even with the top coat that was supposed to be so moisturizing. It did last a long time at first, but later I noticed the color would peel off my lips and come off in pieces, rather than fading gradually like a regular lipstick. No matter how I applied it, I always had these results.

Like another reviewer said, I advise everyone to stay away from these two step formulas, no matter what company makes them. Lipstick and lip gloss don't last as long as we'd like them to, but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather reapply them than have to deal with the nightmare that is all of these longwear formulas. None of them ever seem to work, and they never have the moisturizing, natural feel that good lipsticks do. Though the temptation is always there when a new one comes out, I've resolved never to buy them again, and to encourage other girls to do the same.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Any long lasting lip stick that you have to use a separate color where you have to wait for it to dry, STAY AWAY! Every company seems to have something like this and I have tried every single one.

My problem is that once the color layer dries, anytime you move your lips you're going to get flaking. Even with the top coat. And my lips always feel like there's a layer of cement like gunk that gets everywhere, not to mention tastes horrible.

I gave it two lippies because I do enjoy the top coat and end up using it by itself. They also have a huge color selection for those who actually buy this.

on 11/26/2009 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

clumpy and wierd

on 11/8/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sorry covergirl, I love your lipsticks, but you can't do longwear. There is nothing good about this lipstick. It's drying, it chips off, it enhances the look of lip wrinkles, it looks like you just put a coat of dry paint on your lips. And it doesn't last an hour. And it's $10. The only thing that's good about it is the topcoat gloss, which is actually a great, shiny, moisturizing, tasty, sweet smelling gloss stick. Good thing you can buy it separately online. Otherwise, forget this product.

on 9/18/2009 2:17:00 PM

I like the color selection but most of them seem to be berry colors. Not many of the peaches or golden tones I wear more often. The coverage and lasting power are as advertised and I'm very fond of my Blushed Mauve and Nude. The moisturizing balm is great and there's loads there. I always pre-moisturize my lips before applying all day stay-put lipcolors since I have really dry skin and have no issues of peeling or cracking through the day.

4 stars instead of 5 due to the color selection, but quality is comparable to Maybelline's Superstay (although I think I like their balm a little better), still better selection than Revlon's Overtime and better 2nd step topcoat, and definately better than Wet 'n' Wild's Megastay (nice joke, WNW).

on 9/18/2009 4:04:00 AM

My first time using long wearing lipstick and I will not by this specific product again. It was like wearing lacquer on my lips. It was very drying, I had to constantly reapply the gloss, and I found that it flaked off in chunks throughout the night. The flaking off was super embarrassing!! This will be going in the trash.

This has very good staying power. The only thing I don't like is that it's so drying. It beats maybelline superstay by a mile though.

on 7/24/2009 12:04:00 PM

I have used Outlast for years. The OLD Outlast "recipe" was much, much better than this new stuff!. The old stayed on all day and the colors were beautiful. The gloss that you put over the Outlast was great too!. This new stuff is awful, on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it about a 3. Most of the colors are so sheer you have to put on 3 coats to even see the color. Then its like shellack! The colors are washed out and some of the really pretty colors in the old forumla have been discontinued in the new formula. Most of the newer colors are like water when you apply them. They run,then cake! The gloss has a sickening sweet taste to it. Should have just left the old formula alone. The old saying "if it ain't broke don't touch it" applys here

on 7/21/2009 4:49:00 PM

I couldn't wait to try this product. I'm a fan of the long wearing, they're the only lip color I will use (I hate re-applying). This looked lightweight and natural. I bought 435/teasing blush. The applicator was pretty easy. The colour looked a little orangy on me- but not too bad. But it is certainly NOT long wearing, and becomes uneven within minutes. I wasn't happy with it.

Popular Lipsticks