Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

on 5/7/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used this everyday from 7th to 10th grade. It lasted forever. I never had to touch up on anything and I never worried about it wearing off. Overall, fabulous!

on 2/18/2010 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm not really into these types of "long wearing" type lip paints to begin with but a friend of mine gave me her unused, unopened package of CG Outlast in the color called "Canyon" so I tried it out. Oh my, all I can say is this is the absolute WORST product ever to grace my lips. While the color itself was quite pretty (it was a muted, neutral red), the formula left a lot to be desired. You are supposed to put the lip color on, let it dry and once dry apply the conditioning stick (mine came with the opaque white, greasy stick) on top of the lip color to add moisture. Well, I did all that and followed the instructions to the T yet it dried my lips out even though I kept swiping it with the moisture stick like every 5 mins. BTW, that moisture stick didn't do squat to alleviate that icky feeling at all. Even though my lips were exfoliated prior to using this, it didn't help matters any. So...the poor performance I experienced had absolutely nothing to do with whether one's lips were exfoliated or not...as another reviewer had alluded to. The pigment itself did last pretty long, I'll give it that but not the "all day" it claims. It lasted about 7 hrs on me. But here's the kicker....when it did finally wear off it wasn't pretty at all. Instead of gradually fading, it flaked off in little patches all over my lips. An awful look to say the least. I'm glad I didn't buy this on my own because it would've been a complete waste of money. I realize some people love this or a similar product but it's definitely not for me....to each their own I guess.

PROS: Inexpensive.

CONS: Very, very drying on the lips.

ALTERNATES: HE (high end) alternates are Estee Lauder Double Wear & DS (drugstore) alternate, which is great, is Revlon Colorstay Soft and Smooth lipstick.

on 1/24/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: the right shade is very natural-looking and has a lot of staying-power
Cons: it is drying and needs the balm applied frequently during the day but you can condition your lips at night and minimize the dryness
Comment: I must say I actually prefer Revlon's Color Stay one-step version of long-lasting lip product. It stays on very well (but not as well as Outlast) and is much less drying. Be warned that most of the Color Stay colors go on darker than they appear in the tube.

I bought the Outlast all day lip color in Red Cashmere number 579. I love the color. I don't wear red lipstick but this color was pretty. It is a pinkish red. My only complaint is that after the lip gloss wears off it does feel dry. When I looked in the mirror though it didn't look dry at all. It just felt it on my lips. Before I put it on I make sure to exfoliate my lips. If I don't then after a while it starts to flake. I really love this color and will buy it again.

Hated it!
It went on well, but felt a tad gritty on my lips. It dried smooth-ish, but immediatly my lips felt like all the moisture had been sucked out of them. Even with the 'moisturizing' gloss like stuff. My lips ended up sore and flaking no matter how much of that top coat stuff I put in. It felt waxy, like it was hovering above my lips, rather than penetrating them with moisture.
The colour tends to last, which is great if you are a fan of this product.
But trying to get it off was a nightmare, even with remover etc.
I found for the next few days I had to pamper my lips with Blistex Lip Medex to get them feeling normal again.
It looked weird on... almost like I just pressed coloured tin foil to my lips and it somehow magincally stayed there.
I tried a few (about 4) different colours of it, thinking perhaps it was just a bad colour I got. But they all had the same unfortunate effect on me.
Very drying.
I also found it annoying that it came in two parts, rather than a double-ended tube. So carting it around is a little annoying.
would never buy again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product once awhile back, and never will again. The color was a deep, rich brown with a hint of red in it. I wish I could remember the name -- I only know it had the word "cinnamon" in it. At first I loved it, but unfortunately my complaints are the same as some of the previous reviewers. The product completely dried out my lips, even with the top coat that was supposed to be so moisturizing. It did last a long time at first, but later I noticed the color would peel off my lips and come off in pieces, rather than fading gradually like a regular lipstick. No matter how I applied it, I always had these results.

Like another reviewer said, I advise everyone to stay away from these two step formulas, no matter what company makes them. Lipstick and lip gloss don't last as long as we'd like them to, but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather reapply them than have to deal with the nightmare that is all of these longwear formulas. None of them ever seem to work, and they never have the moisturizing, natural feel that good lipsticks do. Though the temptation is always there when a new one comes out, I've resolved never to buy them again, and to encourage other girls to do the same.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Any long lasting lip stick that you have to use a separate color where you have to wait for it to dry, STAY AWAY! Every company seems to have something like this and I have tried every single one.

My problem is that once the color layer dries, anytime you move your lips you're going to get flaking. Even with the top coat. And my lips always feel like there's a layer of cement like gunk that gets everywhere, not to mention tastes horrible.

I gave it two lippies because I do enjoy the top coat and end up using it by itself. They also have a huge color selection for those who actually buy this.

on 11/26/2009 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

clumpy and wierd

on 11/8/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sorry covergirl, I love your lipsticks, but you can't do longwear. There is nothing good about this lipstick. It's drying, it chips off, it enhances the look of lip wrinkles, it looks like you just put a coat of dry paint on your lips. And it doesn't last an hour. And it's $10. The only thing that's good about it is the topcoat gloss, which is actually a great, shiny, moisturizing, tasty, sweet smelling gloss stick. Good thing you can buy it separately online. Otherwise, forget this product.

Recommended for Medium Skin