April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ScarletIce

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me this mascara is just OK. The brush is too fat to get into the inner corners of my eyes. I don't get the length I can get from other mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by dogstar4

I really love what this mascara does for my lashes. It gets them very black, very long, pretty thick, and very separated. But I have one problem with it...for the first couple of weeks the formula is moist, not too wet/not too dry (perfect consistency) but then after like the third or fourth week it seems to dry up. OR maybe it's just that it is running out, but I just don't seem to be getting as much product on the brush as I do in the beginning when it is a fresh tube. BUT that is my ONLY complaint.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by RingoChi

This mascara is good if u need a very light coat of mascara but this mascara does not give much length or volume. It gives a nice colour and doesnt flake but it wasnt the mascara i was looking for. The packing is also very big which makes it harder to carry around... x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by JDNT

I have this in navy color and it's great and not so great. Here's the thing, Avon superSHOCK mascara is only good for 1-2 coats- why? Because anymore than that and eyelashes starts clumping and you find yourself frustrated and removing it to re-apply. It's just not practical. Another impractical thing is the size, IT'S HUGE! I wouldn't be comfortable pulling this out at a restaurant and applying. But I don't mind these because the good outweighs the bad. It gives a nice subtle 'blue' color. It's light on the eyelash (1-2 coats remember!) and plus it's fun to try out a different color than just black all the time. Removal is easy enough with neutrogena makeup removers, and it also stays on all day (not sure if you go in water though, so caution!)

Overall, I would buy again. 4 stars for above average performance and durability.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara made my lashes HUGE and the color was INTENSE. Its really shocking how this mascara makes your lashes look but anymore than 2 coats will make your lashes kinda gooey but 2 coats is all you need to make your lashes look AMAZING. (Not me in pic)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by elliieemaaee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is AMAZING the big wand helps you get the corner lashes and it never gives me panda eyes or anything ! it dosent even flake when i cry ! its really really good !

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ShellyBooPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this product as a gift on my birthday. I'm not overly fussy about what mascara I use, as they all seem to give pretty much the same effect on my eyelashes. But I don't like this one. The brush is way too big for me not to poke my eye out trying to get my little inner corner lashes, but the main reason I don't like it is.. the smell! I've never noticed other mascaras I've used having a smell (except YSL's which I quite liked the scent of), but this one is just plain nasty. It hits you as soon as you open it. It's like paint stripper or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Kiwigloss

I got this mascara last week as my old Clinique one had run out and it came with a bonus brow kit in the Avon mag.
I'm not a fan of the huge wand, it's far too big to get into the corners of my eyes and I poked myself in the eye the first few times.
Other than the wand, the actual mascara is quite good. It has an odd scent I'm not sure if I like or not yet but it doesn't flake off and when I wash it off in the shower I don't end up with black panda eyes. It makes my lashes really long and black though which is the whole point of mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by calibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So this is the first product I've ever purchased from Avon. (And my first review!! ) The reviews were pretty good for the product and a price of 4.99 didn't sound too bad to try it out.

Pros:
-It works great for length. It might just be the best mascara I've used for length.
-The applicatior tip applies the mascara on perfectly even and the right amount.
-Does not flake at all or clump up. Even if applying several coats.

Cons:
-The tube is huge. 5 inches long and width the size of a penny.
-Although it works for length, it did NOT work for thickening and volumizing like advertized. My eyelashes still appear very thin.

Result:
-Overall this mascara would still fall in my top 3 so far, however I prefer DiorShow mascara. It works wonders but much more expensive. I will probably not buy this mascara again though because my eyelashes are really thin and light and prefer thickening over length. I give it a 3 strictly due to the fact that it didn't do what it advertized.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

I love this mascara! I got it in the Intense Violet and Intense Emerald and it really volumizes and lengthens my lashes. There is a bit of clumping, but it's forgivable. The color is only noticeable in certain lights, otherwise it just looks black. That's fine by me though. Once again, I got this on sale for $4.99 which is awesome. Will definitely repurchase.