Avon SuperShock Mascara

3.7

on 9/22/2010 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this mascara from a friend for a dollar. It is okay... nothing spectacular. It does not add length or fullness, but it did not flatten my curled eyelashes when applied. I do not think I will use it again, as it does not seem to give me the look I like.

on 9/18/2010 11:27:00 AM

Got this in navy and I adore it!

Makes my lashes look incredibly long and didn't flake or clump.

I only paid $4.00 for this and I couldn't be more impressed!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this once and tossed it in the trash. This mascara clumps more than any mascara i've ever used. I ended up washing it off after I put it on because it looked so bad and using another mascara.

on 9/12/2010 8:31:00 PM

I'm just supershocked at how bad it is!!!
It's one of those terribly pointless mascaras that just makes your lashes black, doesn't add length or volume.
I suppose you would call it a defining mascara? I spent ages layering it up this morning to try to get some decent lashes, but it started to go clumpy after a couple of coats. It does separate nicely I suppose, but if you stop where you get decent separation, you get basically no effect.

Anyone who likes full and soft might like it.
I think the name is very misleading. I think it should have been called superBORING!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara! It lengthens and makes my lashes look more full. Clumping is very minimal. I have only used black, but Ive been using this mascara since i was 15 and I'm going to be 21 in December :) Overall for the price of 8.50 it is definitely worth a try!

on 8/18/2010 8:14:00 PM

WOWOWOWOW! I am SO impressed with this mascara, i've had a lot of compliments whilst wearing it. My lashes are naturally curly so i need LENGTH and DEFINITION. this mascara achieves this without problems. The 'comb-like' wand really separates my lashes. I don't understand how other people don't like it! It's easily bulidable which i like, because some mascaras apply too thick on the 1st application. But with this one, it's just the right ammount so you can either go for a natural look or build it up to be more dramatic for going out etc. The wand is quite big but i like it, it means it covers a wider area and you don't have to do so many strokes, it does it in one big sweep! LOVE this stuff, can't you tell?? BUY IT!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Its an okay mascara. Its nothing special.

It gives me length, but no volume, so I have to apply another mascara afterwards. I think the brush is too big to get smaller lashes though.

on 7/29/2010 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For me this mascara is just OK. The brush is too fat to get into the inner corners of my eyes. I don't get the length I can get from other mascaras.

on 7/27/2010 7:15:00 PM

I really love what this mascara does for my lashes. It gets them very black, very long, pretty thick, and very separated. But I have one problem with it...for the first couple of weeks the formula is moist, not too wet/not too dry (perfect consistency) but then after like the third or fourth week it seems to dry up. OR maybe it's just that it is running out, but I just don't seem to be getting as much product on the brush as I do in the beginning when it is a fresh tube. BUT that is my ONLY complaint.

on 7/27/2010 6:59:00 PM

This mascara is good if u need a very light coat of mascara but this mascara does not give much length or volume. It gives a nice colour and doesnt flake but it wasnt the mascara i was looking for. The packing is also very big which makes it harder to carry around... x