December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyglasser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this once and tossed it in the trash. This mascara clumps more than any mascara i've ever used. I ended up washing it off after I put it on because it looked so bad and using another mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm just supershocked at how bad it is!!!
It's one of those terribly pointless mascaras that just makes your lashes black, doesn't add length or volume.
I suppose you would call it a defining mascara? I spent ages layering it up this morning to try to get some decent lashes, but it started to go clumpy after a couple of coats. It does separate nicely I suppose, but if you stop where you get decent separation, you get basically no effect.

Anyone who likes full and soft might like it.
I think the name is very misleading. I think it should have been called superBORING!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ashhygoesrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara! It lengthens and makes my lashes look more full. Clumping is very minimal. I have only used black, but Ive been using this mascara since i was 15 and I'm going to be 21 in December :) Overall for the price of 8.50 it is definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by NicoleC25

WOWOWOWOW! I am SO impressed with this mascara, i've had a lot of compliments whilst wearing it. My lashes are naturally curly so i need LENGTH and DEFINITION. this mascara achieves this without problems. The 'comb-like' wand really separates my lashes. I don't understand how other people don't like it! It's easily bulidable which i like, because some mascaras apply too thick on the 1st application. But with this one, it's just the right ammount so you can either go for a natural look or build it up to be more dramatic for going out etc. The wand is quite big but i like it, it means it covers a wider area and you don't have to do so many strokes, it does it in one big sweep! LOVE this stuff, can't you tell?? BUY IT!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Its an okay mascara. Its nothing special.

It gives me length, but no volume, so I have to apply another mascara afterwards. I think the brush is too big to get smaller lashes though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ScarletIce

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me this mascara is just OK. The brush is too fat to get into the inner corners of my eyes. I don't get the length I can get from other mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by dogstar4

I really love what this mascara does for my lashes. It gets them very black, very long, pretty thick, and very separated. But I have one problem with it...for the first couple of weeks the formula is moist, not too wet/not too dry (perfect consistency) but then after like the third or fourth week it seems to dry up. OR maybe it's just that it is running out, but I just don't seem to be getting as much product on the brush as I do in the beginning when it is a fresh tube. BUT that is my ONLY complaint.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by RingoChi

This mascara is good if u need a very light coat of mascara but this mascara does not give much length or volume. It gives a nice colour and doesnt flake but it wasnt the mascara i was looking for. The packing is also very big which makes it harder to carry around... x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by JDNT

I have this in navy color and it's great and not so great. Here's the thing, Avon superSHOCK mascara is only good for 1-2 coats- why? Because anymore than that and eyelashes starts clumping and you find yourself frustrated and removing it to re-apply. It's just not practical. Another impractical thing is the size, IT'S HUGE! I wouldn't be comfortable pulling this out at a restaurant and applying. But I don't mind these because the good outweighs the bad. It gives a nice subtle 'blue' color. It's light on the eyelash (1-2 coats remember!) and plus it's fun to try out a different color than just black all the time. Removal is easy enough with neutrogena makeup removers, and it also stays on all day (not sure if you go in water though, so caution!)

Overall, I would buy again. 4 stars for above average performance and durability.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara made my lashes HUGE and the color was INTENSE. Its really shocking how this mascara makes your lashes look but anymore than 2 coats will make your lashes kinda gooey but 2 coats is all you need to make your lashes look AMAZING. (Not me in pic)