July 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Given my predilection for light, fresh, crisp florals... I adore Chanel No. 5 Eau Première. It's a brighter, fizzier, younger version of the classic Chanel No. 5. It’s got a lightly creamy, soapy quality. Warm, soft, subtle.

The ingredients of N°5 are still there, but the proportions are different. The ylang-ylang has been softened. The aldehydes and neroli bestow greater freshness. Vanilla and woods have a stronger presence in the trail.

top notes : Ylang-Ylang, Aldehydes, Neroli

heart notes : Jasmine, Rose

base notes : Vetiver from Reunion, Vanilla

€86 or $88 / 75 ml

€122 or $125 / 150 ml continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a very complex and sophisticated perfume. The first notes are more fresh and citrusy and I love them. But after a few minutes it turns rather powdery and it kind of spoils it for me. It is still a rich and beautiful smell but it is a little bit old-school for me ( I had the same feelings with the regular Chanel no 5). I am not rejecting it 100% as I think that it would definitely suit circumstances when you want to appear elegant and classy, but it is still overwhelming for an everyday fragrance. Special mention should be made to its staying power: I have the kind of skin that does not absorb perfumes but this one stays for a whole day as it gradually evolves. Nice to try but I don't think I would buy a full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by freegracer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The flanker industry has produced a mixed bag. Too often a flanker is as ridiculously bad as or is worse than the original. There are exceptions to many things in life, and Eau Premiere is one of those happy exceptions. Jacque Polge has once again proved his genius in navigating the ever demanding waters of perfumery. Eau Premiere is exceptionally wonderful. It has been many a year since I've worn a fragrance as consistently as I do this one. Eau Premiere is basically a lightened form of No 5. Instead of orange citrus in the opening notes, there's lemon. And it's a wonderfully soft and subtle lemon. No Lemon Pledge here. Quite the contrary. All the mink coat heft and heaviness of No 5 has been stripped away, and I'm a huge fan of No 5. Yes, EP is still an aldehyde, but it's so friendly and ageless that many of those who can't tolerate No 5 have found a new friend. It's been a long time since a fragrance so versatile and easy, yet so elegant and glamorous, has captured my loyalty. When you wear Eau Premiere, you can be confident that you smell terrific. I can't think of a "wrong" place to wear it.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to find a scent that was fresh, effervescent, and not sweet ~ like a bottle of fine champagne ~ and I found it in this! Wearing this has me in a great mood and I can just as well wear it with a t-shirt and jeans as a little black dress.
Wait...do I have a little black dress? Nevertheless...
This is my favorite perfume and it's a good thing because the bottle is huge~and just slightly cumbersome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jentartan

I am a fan of the original No5, but Eau Premiere has overtaken it by being infinitely more wearable. Eau Premiere can take you from work to weekend to night out any time of the year IMHO. I still love No 5 EDP but will keep it for nights out in autumn and winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Mimiacid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a triumph. I too am one of those people who respect, but don't love, the original Chanel No. 5. To paraphrase Viktoria from Bois de Jasmin's brilliant comparison, the original is like stiff satin to Eau Premiere's cashmere. Something about the nose-prickling aldehydes, fustiness and wilted flowers of No. 5 meant that I just couldn't wear it. This is a brilliant riff on the original. The patrician bone structure of No. 5 is still perceptible but it is softened somewhat by toning down the aldehydes and amping up some gorgeous fresh citrus notes. As you would expect with Chanel, the quality of the raw materials is evident. . Sparkling and fresh in summer, but I think it would also be a lovely, shimmering, frosty weather scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Awww maaaaan. Why'd I have to go and spray the sample on myself?!?!? I fell head over heels in one second. BAM!

But then, it happened. The same thing that happens to me with the original No. 5 and most other Chanel fragrances - it disappeared. It went from Chanel No. 5 mixed w/ sweet lemonade on a sunny day, to sweet powder, to GONE in about 30 minutes. :-( I don't know if it's just my skin or if Chanel fragrances are weak, but they just don't last long enough to justify the price.

Even so, I would just die if I could find something that smelled like that initial spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Corporate_Stooge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me let you know how big 5 ounces: is it's a lot! This is a big bottle and it's a good thing I like it. I used to use #5 and #22. This is like a bridge between them it's has a white quality that I like. Wish I knew more about it but it's great because we are just getting into the long hot and humid summer of the beach in South Carolina. So now that I can I am going to put this in the fridge so I can spritz myself before I leave:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by dani7865

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this. I liked the original Chanel no. 5, but this, I LOVE! I have to agree that it does not last all that long, but if you layer it with the Velvet Body Cream Chanel no. 5 it does help somewhat. It is a beautiful fragrance, and I am consistantly getting compliments, and asked about what that beautiful fragrance is. It is definitely something that is not to heavy for summer, yet I could see wearing it all winter. I just wished that it lasted longer, as I have to reapply often so I had to decant some into an atomizer so I don't have to lug the bottle around as they do not make a refillable one like the original no. 5.

LOVELY!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An infinitely more lovable Chanel No.5. Some of the classic aldehydes were replaced with lemon, while some vanilla was added in the base. I've found that everyone's experiences with this fragrance are different, but on me the drydown is a lovely powdery vanilla. Contrary to some reviews, I find the lasting power quite satisfactory as it lasts for several hours. Eau Premiere is elegant and refined, but warm and inviting at the same time. I am only giving it four lippies instead of five because I prefer the Sensual Elixir.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No