DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 8/7/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

hmm... i feel like i have a bias towards this product because it reminds me of christmas and presents and sephora gift cards spent with abandon. also, i feel like it really did more than just make my lips tingly and delivered the promised bee-stung look that i was hoping for. it smells wonderful and i really like the little tube it comes with. the only thing i could live without (besides the price) is the fact that it's really pretty sticky (reminds me of a slightly runnier version of mac lipglass), but i still love it. i don't buy it anymore because i can make my own lip plumping balm at home without anywhere near the same level of financial commitment, but for the job it's supposed to do, it does it well.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product thoroughly disappointed me. I was expecting fuller, plumper lips and all this product delivered was a tingly sensation. After you apply this product, you lips start to tingle and I crossed my fingers, hoping that something, ANYTHING was happening and was let down when I saw the results. A big waste of money and a giant let down.

on 7/16/2010 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was not happy with this product overall and returned it after 2 days.
Smell: Yummy cinnamon
Formula: Not great. It is too thin and doesn't stay on lips more than a half hour.
Performance: This tingled my lips but did not plump them. It also turned my PosieTint, which I had underneath, a funny reddish colour I think from irritating my lips.

on 7/16/2010 4:46:00 AM

This product works for about 1/2 hour. I didn't really like it for how much it is. I have bought Soap & Glory and it works great!

on 7/12/2010 2:52:00 AM

I have been on the search for a great lip plumper. My overall impression of DuWop's lip venom is okay. It does plump my lips but it does hurt a bit. As long as you lips are nicely hydrated the tingling is not overwhelming; but if you tend to lick your lips or if your lips are a bit cracked the tingling might instead feel like burning. Overall impression: Works but might be painful.

on 7/4/2010 11:08:00 PM

This product is very so-so. As the reviewers will all confirm, the burning sensation is harsh. And perhaps this would be bearable if the results were more visible. Unfortunately, there is minimal plumping action. However, the Cinnamon scent is lovely! Also, the gloss is ultra shiny, giving the lips incredible dimensionality. But, the texture is thick and sticky. Lastly, the gloss will definitely redden your lips in a natural way. For the above reasons, it is an okay product. I personally recommend lip fusion or derma-glow for those who desire a fuller pout.

on 6/24/2010 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Now maybe I am not the best judge of these types of products (lip products to be exact) but this stuff sucks. Didnt really notice too much "plumping action". Sure it stings- but just because it stings your lips doesnt mean its actualy making them look bigger. In my opinion- it is a way for the manufacturer to trick you. So guess what manufacturer- jokes on YOU cause im not buying! Ha ha!

on 6/19/2010 10:29:00 PM

I have a weird obsession with big lips and since mine are not the biggest ever I usually look for lim plumper. By now I'm used to the sting that most lip plumpers cause and i actually like it. This one in particular was recommended to me in sephora. The price is like 16$ for a .6 oz. tube...OK! Since its small it can fit everywhere which is actually a plus. I didn't notice any big changes on my lips thought so as a limp plumper that it's supposed to be, it doesn't work.

on 5/17/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I got it for free since I work as a cosmetician. I would not buy this but it actually works. The sting can be uncomfortable but the glasslike shine and plumping effect is worth it. Its a teeny weeny bit of sampled sized product.

on 5/14/2010 11:34:00 AM

I got this a few years ago and have yet to finish it
I really liked it when i first got it. It gave me a nice plump and didn't hurt my lips like other plumpers. Its a bit sticky. the packaging is fussy cause it gets sticky.
The ingredients do settle to the bottom after a while.
im kindof over it by now.

Recommended for Medium Skin