April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by pierangeliwit

I have a weird obsession with big lips and since mine are not the biggest ever I usually look for lim plumper. By now I'm used to the sting that most lip plumpers cause and i actually like it. This one in particular was recommended to me in sephora. The price is like 16$ for a .6 oz. tube...OK! Since its small it can fit everywhere which is actually a plus. I didn't notice any big changes on my lips thought so as a limp plumper that it's supposed to be, it doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got it for free since I work as a cosmetician. I would not buy this but it actually works. The sting can be uncomfortable but the glasslike shine and plumping effect is worth it. Its a teeny weeny bit of sampled sized product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this a few years ago and have yet to finish it
I really liked it when i first got it. It gave me a nice plump and didn't hurt my lips like other plumpers. Its a bit sticky. the packaging is fussy cause it gets sticky.
The ingredients do settle to the bottom after a while.
im kindof over it by now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

Expensive.
Doesn't do anything.
Gloss doesn't even last.
Tastes awful.
Irritating sting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This doesn't do much. SO disapointed. Lindsey Lohan said it was her secret to her pouty glossed lips. And in all of her disfunction, I have to say the girls got good lips..but more likely to be credited to genetics NOT Lip Venom... Sally Hansens lip extreme is better. 16 bucks down the drain

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

never again. I threw this out long ago. I tested it and two minutes later I looked like Daffy Duck with my lips and developed a severe allergic reaction to this type of "plumper" -- this was years ago when I bought into the plumper hype.

today, I know better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by clearady

Oh, this one's not a keeper.
There's so many reasons why, but the biggest reason is the irritation it gives to your lips. I can stand a little tingle, even a medium tingle, but this one sets your mouth on fire for a good 30 minutes. i still have the bottle from when it first came out, and it burns now the way it did then. also, the irritation gives your bothered lips a dark red tinge (which i hate). it did plump, but not better than Lipfusion, not even better than Target's SexyMotherpucker or BareE's Buxom babes, and you get little chili sauce for an eighteen dollar price tag. there are better things to be had.

Also, if you notice that Angelina Jolie or anybody with huge lips, they put more neutral glosses on it. Nude type or natural lipglosses. The darker the lips, the less full they look to me. Black is slimming for clothes, and dark red irritated lips don't make for a full, luscious pout.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though my review is long in the making...thought I'd put my two cents worth about it. I tried this this back when it first came out (around 2000-2001). The lip plumping potions/glosses were a pretty new thing back then and this was the most affordable on the market. I don't remember where I purchased it, I know it was on the web but I don't remember which site. Just to let you know, the price has not changed since that time. I paid $18 plus shipping then as well.
It was a waste of my money. No one, including myself could tell a difference at all and it tasted awful. The "shine" even wore off in literally 5 minutes.
I'm not sure if they've changed their formula at all in the past 10 years, but if not, it's not worth the $18 they charge.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never use this. I got it when it first came out, both in this formula as well as a colored gloss. Burned my lips, ending up rubbing it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

So just in case you don't know, be aware when you pick up that big fat pink tube this comes in and you hear that suspicious rattling noise that is in fact a little itty bitty sample sized glass tube inside and that is the actual product you will be paying $18 for!! Naughty DuWop is so tricky!! Guess they knew no one in their right mind would pay $18 for a tube of clear lip gloss smaller than their pinky finger so they went out of their way to make the packaging as deceptive as possible. I wouldn't waste your money on this one. Honestly curiosity is what lured me in on this one. My lips are already pretty full so I never see a real difference with plumping products but I figured with all the hype if anything was going to make me look like Angelina Jolie this would be the product. Well after I got over the shock of the actual size of the product I slapped it one and waited, and waited, and waited for something, anything, to happen. At last I felt a very slight tingling and then more nothing. Did my lips look any plumper? Maybe but only because this stuff has a high shine glass like finish. It's also goopy thick and sticky and smells funny (not gross, kinda like too old cinnamon hearts?). Don't waste your money. This is overpriced and overhyped. If you have really thin lips you'd be better off saving up for something that will actually work like injections. If you're like me take a deep breath and just admitt to yourself that in reality you'd look you had a bad allergic reaction if you ever attained Angelina's lips and stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on what unvariably ends up to be just another clear lipgloss in the end!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No