October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleansed my face, but honestly--it's nothing special. This product did not do anything different that a regular face wash couldn't do. The wave only vibrated my face, it was very disappointing. I would not buy this again as I could use a much cheaper product to do just as good of a job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cassie1896

it makes my skin a little soft, but there was like NO soap on those little pads so i had to add extra..it didnt live up to my expectations. plus the base of the wave is so big it can only go on your cheeks and forehad.. i had to wash my eyes and everywhere it didnt reach with my hands. The exfoliating pads are soo rough and scratch my skin really hard. Its not worth it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really didn't do anything. So I can't really write a good review on it. Because it didn't help any!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by nopantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to try out this product, and I really like it. I have pretty clear skin, but with flakes around my nose, at the corners or my mouth, and on the crease between my mouth and chin. I try everything I can think of, but those flakes are always there. After one use of the wave, they're gone. There's not a single flake anywhere on my face. Seriously, after using it I was just stunned and amazed. Definately a great product for getting rid of little stubborn flakes.

Now the downsides, and the reasons I only gave it four lippies:
-The foaming action isn't that great. Like a lot of people, I was expecting more foam.
-I'd like more variety in terms of pads. I think the starter kit should include a few different kinds of pads, including blank pads as an option for refills so people could use their own cleansers.

Those two downsides aren't dealbreakers, and I will be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by calledit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the wave was okay. i have since quit using it because my clinique products do such a good job keeping my skin clean, i don't need any help from a product like this.

however, a few years ago when i bought it i really like it. it was a nice feeling when i used it on my face and it did seem to deliver my cleanser deeper into my skin than just tradition cleansing methods.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by rinacee

I've used this for a few days now, and I've already noticed that my skin is healthier, softer, and less red!
I have crazy, bipolar, combination skin. Almost all cleansers I've used have turned on me after a week or two of use. So far, this has been great!
The vibrations were not too intense, so it isn't an uncomfortable experience. The pads do not foam up as much as I'd like, but I still feel my face is being cleaned. It's a simple and effective way to get glowing, healthy skin! The only thing I have had to do to aid the product is apply a moisturizer afterwards, but I do that anyways, so it's not because the product is drying.
I think the price is worth it, compared to some more expensive options. I'd definitely recommend it, especially to people who were skeptical about the product. I know the commercial had me put off--not only do I dislike Vanessa Hudgens, but it looked very gimmicky. So give this a try, it may help you like it helped me!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by kalosa82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really underwhelmed with this product. I was hoping for that nice, deep clean its suppose to give, but nope. two thumbs down. boo.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by blackmumboe

Upon hearing this gimmicky invention that imitates the effects of the Clarisonic, I decided to give it a try. I'm kind of on the fence about this product as I don't find any significant improvements in my skin condition after using this for a month but I did like how easy it was to cleanse my face with this especially after a long day out. As a product, I don't find it particularly useful as I felt the vibrations didn't do much. The foam pads didn't foam well even after a minute and I was quite turned off by the soapy smell. My face did feel smooth and clean after using it but I genuinely doubt its exfoliating purposes. Also, for everyday use the pads will amount to quite a bit since I don't find it very hygenic to keep the other side of the pad for the next day.

A gimmicky product, yes. There are far better cleansers out there that do a better job at a cheaper price. However, I do like this as my last-resort cleanser or to bring it with me when I do travel. Otherwise, spend your money on something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by mauigold

My friend got this product and she let me try it out. I liked it so much that I got one of my own. I thought that the $18 she shelled out was a bit much because it doesnt look like it'll last forever but my skin definitely felt good after using it so I caved but I found it at walmart for like $16 which I could go for and the $7 refills.
I would not use this every day because as most people find, it does dry your skin out but I think this is more of a skin treat rather than an every day thing so just use a little common sense. Plus it'll cut cost on those refills which I cant justify buying every week.
It made my skin soft and flake free, kind of glowy, which is hard for me to achieve. I'm a bit oily but if I use exfoliating products I just get red and then flake out so this was a pleasant surprise.
I only use this befor bedtime and because it is a bit drying I put avocado oil on after and that helps big time! I wake up with soft skin and its WAY easier to put on my makeup. Overall, I would buy this again but I hope not to have to in the near future. Crossing my fingers and hoping this thing is more durable than it looks!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by BwayBaby2501

Really nothing special. I would never repurchase this as it did nothing for me.