Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Talc, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, Candelilla Cera, Ozokerite, PEG-9 Polydimethysiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Camellia Sinensis, Glycerin, Allantoin, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Zinc Oxide, Hydroxyapatite, Aluminium Hydroxide, Methicone, Disodium EDTA, PEG/PPG- 18/18 Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Acetate, Propylparaben, Methyparaben, ( /- CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)

on 3/7/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Having naturally pale, cool toned skin, I decided to plunge in and try this foundation after falling for the texture of the testers in my local drugstore.

The colour match is decent (I'm a MAC NW15) but a little on the neutral ashy side. I would suggest this is medium coverage and blends super nicely applied with a duo fibre stippling brush. I have plenty of freckles, and this blended them nicely - not overly covered - but enough to make my skin appear natural and even toned and only needed to use the concealer on occasion.

The texture is a liquidy solid (hard to explain!) - much more liquid like than the tester I loved (which had dried out to an almost mousse-like gel?) - so for the first day I left my jar open to see if it would dry out (it didn't...).

This foundation goes on smooth and dewy to begin with and has a natural finish. I find during the day it dries up a bit and loses the dewy finish, but does not go powdery. Staying power was decent, but wherever I touched it would rub off relatively easily, especially for the first hour or two. I did not use any powder to set this foundation, as I wanted to keep the dewy finish as much as possible.

The packaging is a small solid glass disc/jar - screw top lid with a pop out holder for the applicator sponge - and I had no issues with it.

I like this foundation, and for the first time ever used the whole jar up before I got disenchanted with it, and I think it is a really decent every day foundation and I would encourage girls with normal/drier skins to try it out. I continue the search for my dewy HG!

Its taken me a while to find the perfect foundation for my skin type and I think that I have finally found the perfect one! I am currently using the shade, 'Warm Almond', which is perfect for my skin tone, however becasue there are quite a small range of colours I could imagine that it may be hard for some to find a colour that completly matches their skin tone.
I apply this product with a foundation brush, as opposed to the spounge that comes with the foundation because I found that this used up a lot more product than a foundation brush. A quick tip, if you apply your moisturiser with your foundation brush right before you apply your foundation with the same brush, the brush eats up less product which means that you have to use less. Which helps me get around the problem of the price, because it is pretty expensive compared to some other drugstore foundations.
The coverage is medium to full, and I have normal to oily skin and my skintone is quite light to medium with quite red patches especially around my nose and cheek area. I also get quite a few breakouts and I find that this foundation provides the perfect coverage to eliminate these flaws without looking like I have applied a 50 coats, however I do apply concelear on my under-eye circles.
Finally, other positive features of this foundation are the fact that it feels quite moisturising without feeling greasy, which also means that it does not emphaisise dry spots. Finally, this does not oxidise on my face, although I do have to touch it up after 4-6 hours, but considering the amount of good points about this foundation I do not find this a problem.

on 2/6/2010 4:43:00 PM

I bought this around 18 euro, i think it's a bit expensive for the amount of product i get. 2/3 of it is for the sponge, but i haveto say nice touch tho, would be handy if you want to re-apply. It's not very long lasting, but it's ok, i would say probably 6 hours? not sure. I really like the consistency, i remember i tried to put it on back of my hand in the shop, i fell in love with it, it felt so nice and hydrate. I don't like the shade range, i got the darkest shade i can get, which is 75, still too pale for me, i mean im not even that dark, so what the heck? The coverage is buidable, doesn't look cakey. But it breaks me out, and it's not even that long lasting, i don't think i'll repurchase it.

on 1/26/2010 3:55:00 PM

Quite comfortable when u apply on the skin, had no problem find my match colour as I am an asian. BUT! only LAST 2 hours and turn to a horrible oily look, I have to use a base under and a powder on the top to make it last little bit longer. I only use it when I feel my skin is good, most time its in my draw, won't buy it again.

on 1/22/2010 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I'm using 45 warm almond and i love it! It is light so i can use it everyday. However, since i have combo skin, after one hour i found that my nose slightly become oily. But overal i really like this product and definately would repurchase :)

on 1/16/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was sceptical at first to try this.. But thankfully I did because I'm really liking it! I was surprised when I opened the container and there was so little product there but after using this for a week now, I still have almost the same amount left! So a little bit goes a long way :D The covarage is medium but very buildable, I find this an excellent product to use also as a concealer (when applied like 3 times). I suggest using your fingers to apply this as it's smoother on your skin that way.

on 1/10/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product ! This and the dream matte mousse foundations are the only foundations I've ever repurchased. It suits my skintone well, and I have a yellow undertone, so I kinda have a hard time finding the right shade.
It gives my skin an airbrushed finish, it's even better than the maybelline dream liquid mousse ! I don't like that the sponge has gotten smaller since last time I purchased it, and the price is a little high, but I'd buy this product no matter what the price was ! One of my fave foundations, it even beats the high end ones I've tried.

on 12/30/2009 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

...Im not glad to say this: but this make up foundation stinks !!!!! I dont know if its only me who feel it so ... but I cant believe it ... I meditate if its not error of my package of miracle touch ... Im not sure, maybe its tained or wrong, Im really confused
the coverage is OK, the lasting power is OK, but I cant help myself-all the day I smell and feel this awful odour everywhere I move :( I dont want to exagerate, but it stinks to me like my daddys socks with spoiled potatoes!!! really I have it once on my face and no more!!! I take it to school, put it on my hand and asked my schoolmates - and they said this staff stinks!!! What is more: my boyfriend said it too that day, when I had it the first and only time :( sooo this foundation means wasted money for me and one bad day in school - thats all - and the coverage isnt as great and flawless that it would motivate me to put this weird snotnose on my skin
I washed out the rest of miracle touch foundation off the package and Im putting there my shadows - because Ive broke into pieces its packaging ;) sooo thats the reason of the one lippie I gave to this stuff :D

I would recommend it only to olfactionless peple :D

on 12/15/2009 9:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this product. I like the texture of the foundation and it gives good coverage. I find using two layers of the foundation works the best. One layer doesn't give enough coverage and I think more than two would be too heavy and cakey. Makes my skin look flawless when I first put it on but it wears away during the day although not as much as other foundations I have used. I get a very oily t-zone though so have this problem with all foundations I have tried so far. I would use again but the price puts me off as the product doesn't last very long. Lasts about 3-4 weeks with daily use.

on 12/10/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When i felt this creme foundation in the drugstore i loved it, rubbed it a bit in to my skin in front of the mirror and it felt nice so i bought the Golden colour and i tried it immediately at home : it nearly felt as nice on my face so i was a bit dissapointed for that part, the colour matched my skin tone that was a plus. Coverage is medium. I have a acne prone skin on my chin and big pores around my nose with red spots, the cover up there was ok but not as good as i thought it would cover.. Package is nice ; the extra spunge you can put in the box was a good idea! Price ; too high because i paid 17 euro's for it and i think it is going to last for a month or so . other foundations i can use it about 3 months... I did not have break outs till now so that is a good sign ! I would repurchase again but after this one is finished i think i am going to look for another new foundation that i can try .