I love this primer. It really controlled my oil - much more than Smashbox - and made my makeup last all day. Yesterday, I needed to go from a day to night look. Normally, I would have had to wash my face and start over. With this, I just dabbed some powder around my nose, intensified my eyes and was good to go!
A few things:
1) Do a patch test on your face - some people are sensitive to this product, so I placed a small 24 hour patch of it near my jawline. Figured if it made me break out, could wear my hair down to cover. Personally, I had no issues.
2) Moisturize first - this is more drying than Smashbox, which is great for oil control, but you don't want to swap oil for flakes
3) Tweak your routine a bit, I normally powder my whole face to set, with this, I only powdered my under eyes and nose. Used with revlon color stay foundation and nyx hd concealer wand.
- fills fine lines
- controls oil
- makes makeup last all day
- super cheap ($6 vs. $35 for Smashbox)
- makes your face feel like silk
- makeup glides on, eyeshadow and blush are more vibrant and easier to blend
- very versatile - I have used under strapless bra underwires, which tend to chafe me - would never do that with super expensive Smashbox
- wish the brand Monistat was not so front and center
I like how this product makes your skin feel like butter! and helps makeup go on nice and smooth. Im not sure if it makes my makeup stay on longer? but it makes application a little smoother. I would probably repurchase. its something that would be good to have. and its small enought to throw in a makeup bag or purse.
I have very Oily Skin and needed a Primer to control it. I was a little apprehensive using a Chafing Gel on my face, but I had heard good things about it and the price is very reasonable so I said why not. I'm so glad I purchased this product. Works wonders under my foundation. The oilest place on my face is my nose and that is the only spot I have to touch up throughout the day. I have been using this product for 2 years and I love it.
Yuck. Makes me feel like I'm wearing a rubber mask on my face. Ok, I'm not a big fan of primers, so maybe they all have a tendency to feel this way...but I have tried some others that don't feel nearly as mask-like as this does. Could not wait to wash it off.
This is pretty good as a primer for the price and given its main purpose.My foundation does apply smoother but it does not keep my makeup on much longer then usual, perhaps an extra two hours. I did break out the first week of use but I think my skin got use to it and I dont break out anymore from it.
This is my HG of primers. It's the perfect consistency, it's long lasting, it feels great going on.
I have tried many other primers and NONE have beaten this for value, and lasting ability.
I'm very happy with this! i've used the smashbox photo finish primer for years, and this feels similar, only thicker. i end up using quite a bit, but it spreads really well, and doesn't seem to be breaking me out. my foundation applies much better. i'm not sure that it really makes my foundation last that must longer, i still do get build up around my nose. i love that it's a squeeze tube, and it seems to last for quite a while. i would try this out if you don't have acne prone skin.
I'd buy it if I couldn't afford my better primer. This has the same active ingredient as most primers however ALL INGREDIENTS ARE NOT THE SAME, thus, it is NOT the same product!
It does feel like the same consistency and goes on smooth when applying, however within an hour I I have to reapply my make-up.
I'm pretty sure it just feels like primer but does not have the same effects as primer. My makeup does not look as smooth as when I've used other actual primers.
Overall though, It was $5 at Wal-Mart so it's ok if you're in a pinch or just want to give it a try for yourself.
idk why everyone raves about this stuff. it's crap. yes it has dimethicone but that and it's consistency are all it has in common with smashbox pf. it made my skin slightly smooth but not for long. it did nothing to minimize my pores or to make my foundation last longer. honestly, it seems like it caused my foundation to fade faster. weird, i know.
Now I don't know how to live without it! It's such a wonderful product that leaves my skin all smooth and fair. One day I found my skin super oily after I applied my foundation and I got all frustrated until I realized it was because I forgot to use this. I'll definitely keep using it.