September 3, 2014 | 1134 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This product is really good for lengthening and defining. It separates your lashes really well and the best part of it is is that it doesn't clump whatsoever because of its unique small bristled brush. However, it doesn't give a lot of volume, so if you want a voluminous and lengthened mascara look, I recommend putting this on after you put a voluminizing mascara on. The price is pretty cheap and the packaging is unique as well - the brush coats each one of your lashes.

Overall a good buy! Will be repurchasing for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by shilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite budget mascara! It's cheap and the brush is fantastic making the lashes long with a lot of volume. I LOVE IT! I'm never buying another mascara ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this is probably one of the best drugstore mascaras.. it holds a curl (this is huge when it comes to non-waterproof mascaras), defines, separates, and adds a bit of length to my lashes. my lashes also appear more full because the short bristles allow mascara to be applied to every lash, including the short puny ones. because of how well this mascara defines and separate every lash while holding a curl, my eyes really open up and my lashes look a bit doll-like. it doesn't smudge, flake, or disappear throughout the day and is easy to remove. my only gripe with it is that it's one of the more expensive drugstore mascaras.
tip: this mascara is really wet when first opened and easily overcoats the lashes on the first handful of applications, but if you give it a week or 2 to dry out, the formula becomes more easily workable. i don't even need a lash comb to achieve the look i want after the initial week or so. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is "meh". I wish it went on a bit lighter. This formula goes on heavy, at least for me. I get TONS of mascara on my lashes, then they look clumpy, and using a lash comb doesn't make that much of a difference. I think I could still get the longer/darker lash look without the product getting piled on.

One thing this has going for it is the brush. I really like the brush! It's great for getting the lashes at either end of my eyes. I just wish the formula didn't clump and goop. If I could have this brush with the formula of some of Cover Girl's mascaras, I'd be happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by parisandparis1

its a very long lasting and good quality mascara.but its hard to take it off very well, even with the best makeup cleaners.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Hanndabear

I really wanted to love this mascara. Most previous reviews raved about it, so I decided to give it a try... but regretted it almost immediately. In one word, this mascara is MESSY! The formula is extremely wet--I had to be extra careful and use a mascara guard just so it wont smudge my eyelids. Otherwise, it becomes a disaster. Furthermore, the brush has a weird design. While no formula clumps around the bristles (which is about the only thing that pleasantly surprised me), I had to wiggle the brush under my lashes several times before the formula finally coated.

All in all, this mascara was a disappointment. It volumizes lashes pretty well, but there are a hundred other mascaras that produce the same results without being messy (ie: Maybelline's Volume Express The Falsies).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sammynix

I am always on the hunt for a HG mascara and I thought I had found it with Benefit's They're Real (but it dries out SO quickly!) so I picked this up and hoped for the best.. I have only used it a couple of times and so far I am loving the results. It takes a little bit of time to fan out the lashes appropriately in order to avoid clumping; in fact I need to use a clean mascara brush after each coat to separate my lashes properly. But the results are totally worth the effort. I LOVE how very very black the mascara is, it is definitely the blackest I have used. And I have always been a fan of thin mascara brushes coupled with a wet formula, so this is a winner with me so far. The results of a couple of coats of mascara (after curling, of course) are dramatic long, dark, thick lashes (but NOT spidery thick). I do have quite long lashes to start with so I am not sure how this will work on shorter eyelashes. I will update in a few weeks and see if it has dried up or if any other negative effects have occurred. So far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by DoeEyed

Delivers immediate length! Really allows you to build and build for drama. The rubber flex brush may be a drawback for some. The teeth on the brush carry a lot of product at first and required some combing after application. All of L'oreal's carbon black formula's really seem to be true jet black, especially in this case; makes lashes really pop. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara and Wet 'n' Wild Clinical Mascara are currently competing for my favorite lash primer. I love a good mascara that defines and lengthens, but that tends to make my lashes look...well... weak. Wimpy. Pitiful. Slap on a coat of Jordana Best Lash Extreme on top of that, though, and I've got thick, clump-free lashes. Add enough coats and people ask if I'm wearing falsies. Gotta love Jordana, but without a primer, it's clump city.
In terms of price, both WnW and Loreal are drugstore, so not a major difference. WnW takes the cake being $4 as opposed to Loreals $10, so if I'm ever broke as a joke, WnW is what I reach for.
Both give me nice length and I've never had any flaking or irritation issues with either mascara.
Where Loreal trumps WnW is definition. WnW is fine and dandy, but if you're not careful (and in early morning when applying mascara I'm typically not) it can clump a little. A good lash comb solves all, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. I don't have issues with Loreal being clumpy, and it a magnificently dark mascara.
Both are nice for everyday use. Overall I'd probably choose Telescopic if forced to come to a descision, but WnW will never hurt me or my wallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by lola0116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow this gives so much length but if you have thin eyelashes like mine you might want to use a volumizing mascara also maybe at night or for special events thats why I gave a 4 but even only with the telescopic the length and eyelashes overall are very impressive.I didn't apply much makeup today just mascara and lipstick and it looked great.I definitely recommend but it is really really hard to remove.