July 24, 2014 | 1920 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is "meh". I wish it went on a bit lighter. This formula goes on heavy, at least for me. I get TONS of mascara on my lashes, then they look clumpy, and using a lash comb doesn't make that much of a difference. I think I could still get the longer/darker lash look without the product getting piled on.

One thing this has going for it is the brush. I really like the brush! It's great for getting the lashes at either end of my eyes. I just wish the formula didn't clump and goop. If I could have this brush with the formula of some of Cover Girl's mascaras, I'd be happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by parisandparis1

its a very long lasting and good quality mascara.but its hard to take it off very well, even with the best makeup cleaners.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Hanndabear

I really wanted to love this mascara. Most previous reviews raved about it, so I decided to give it a try... but regretted it almost immediately. In one word, this mascara is MESSY! The formula is extremely wet--I had to be extra careful and use a mascara guard just so it wont smudge my eyelids. Otherwise, it becomes a disaster. Furthermore, the brush has a weird design. While no formula clumps around the bristles (which is about the only thing that pleasantly surprised me), I had to wiggle the brush under my lashes several times before the formula finally coated.

All in all, this mascara was a disappointment. It volumizes lashes pretty well, but there are a hundred other mascaras that produce the same results without being messy (ie: Maybelline's Volume Express The Falsies).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sammynix

I am always on the hunt for a HG mascara and I thought I had found it with Benefit's They're Real (but it dries out SO quickly!) so I picked this up and hoped for the best.. I have only used it a couple of times and so far I am loving the results. It takes a little bit of time to fan out the lashes appropriately in order to avoid clumping; in fact I need to use a clean mascara brush after each coat to separate my lashes properly. But the results are totally worth the effort. I LOVE how very very black the mascara is, it is definitely the blackest I have used. And I have always been a fan of thin mascara brushes coupled with a wet formula, so this is a winner with me so far. The results of a couple of coats of mascara (after curling, of course) are dramatic long, dark, thick lashes (but NOT spidery thick). I do have quite long lashes to start with so I am not sure how this will work on shorter eyelashes. I will update in a few weeks and see if it has dried up or if any other negative effects have occurred. So far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by DoeEyed

Delivers immediate length! Really allows you to build and build for drama. The rubber flex brush may be a drawback for some. The teeth on the brush carry a lot of product at first and required some combing after application. All of L'oreal's carbon black formula's really seem to be true jet black, especially in this case; makes lashes really pop. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

This mascara and Wet 'n' Wild Clinical Mascara are currently competing for my favorite lash primer. I love a good mascara that defines and lengthens, but that tends to make my lashes look...well... weak. Wimpy. Pitiful. Slap on a coat of Jordana Best Lash Extreme on top of that, though, and I've got thick, clump-free lashes. Add enough coats and people ask if I'm wearing falsies. Gotta love Jordana, but without a primer, it's clump city.
In terms of price, both WnW and Loreal are drugstore, so not a major difference. WnW takes the cake being $4 as opposed to Loreals $10, so if I'm ever broke as a joke, WnW is what I reach for.
Both give me nice length and I've never had any flaking or irritation issues with either mascara.
Where Loreal trumps WnW is definition. WnW is fine and dandy, but if you're not careful (and in early morning when applying mascara I'm typically not) it can clump a little. A good lash comb solves all, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. I don't have issues with Loreal being clumpy, and it a magnificently dark mascara.
Both are nice for everyday use. Overall I'd probably choose Telescopic if forced to come to a descision, but WnW will never hurt me or my wallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by lola0116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow this gives so much length but if you have thin eyelashes like mine you might want to use a volumizing mascara also maybe at night or for special events thats why I gave a 4 but even only with the telescopic the length and eyelashes overall are very impressive.I didn't apply much makeup today just mascara and lipstick and it looked great.I definitely recommend but it is really really hard to remove.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by wq13

Pros:
Super dark, very black.
Cons:
Just about everything else!
This mascara is extremely WET, the small brush puts way too much product on my lashes, causing them to stick together, making it look like I have 5 lashes.
It cannot hold a curl at all.

The only way I can make this mascara work for me is to curl, apply it onto my lashes, comb the lashes out with an old mascara wand, then curl my lashes again. (That takes way too much time.)

I just don't understand why this mascara is so horrible on me!! Lots of beauty gurus on youtube swear by this and it looks flawless when they use it, but when I use it, its so wet and clumpy and just really bad!! It's disappointing because I really want to like this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by gloribear1107

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have short and straight lashes, therefore I usually like to combine a voluminous mascara & lengthening mascara together. I had fell in love with Maybelline's Pulse Perfection for a lengthening mascara because it dries somewhat fast and stays curled, however that was discontinued. I saw the many great reviews of the Telescopic carbon black and decided to try and it did not let me down! This is my first time using this type of wand and I love it. It grabs a great amount of product out of the tube, I find that if you apply it lightly over your lashes many times, thats the best effect. After this product dries, then I'll curl it, and then add a voluminous mascar (L'oreal Million Lashes mascara - part of the voluminous brand) and it works really great. One thing may be lacking is the curling power altogether because there is so many layers, what I do is I blow dry the end of my eyelash curler and with care I brush the lashes up so it kind of heats up and stays that way, then wait for eyelash curler to cool down, and curl lashes one more time. Lastly I then use the telescopic again on the bottom eyelashes and this is by far the best bottom lash mascara ever!! It makes it so long and dolly and since the wand is so small, it is great for applying the bottom lashes! Just make sure you apply small layers by layers instead of all at once, because that will end up getting on your eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by akneil

I absolutely love this mascara. It has a really nice formula, and doesn't dry too fast (great for layering). If you're someone who likes to layer on the mascara like crazy, this stuff is amazing. It makes my eyelashes look unreal! It makes them super long and separated like false lashes.

You have to keep in mind that mascara is extremely subjective.
This mascara is great for separation and length. It doesn't clump.
The brush might take a little getting used to, but personally I love smaller silicone brushes. This has to be the skinniest brush i've ever seen, but it works like a little comb.
Make sure to clean off excess mascara from the brush before you apply - as you should with all mascara - so it doesn't clump. It's better to apply more coats than too much at once.

I bought this at walmart for about 10 dollars canadian. Well worth it! Best drugstore mascara in my opinion.