October 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Good mascara, with a nice formula, not too dry not too wet, gives lots of lenghts and even some volume to my lashes. Doesn't smudge or flake through the day and keeps a decent curl.
HOWEVER, I find the brush very annoying. It's very slim and the rubber bristles are very short, which means it takes me a lot longer than I'd like to get the desired effect. It's quite hard to get the inner and outer lashes and it's very easy to get your lashes clumped together. Which is why I took a lippie off.
If you're willing to spend a little longer putting your mascara on, and deal with the fact that it may need combing through afterwards, this mascara is a good choice!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this mascara yesterday since I heard so many positive reviews about it. It's not that expensive for a drugstore mascara and the packaging is cute, shaped like a telescope which I found clever. The brush on this mascara is really different, it was the first thing I noticed, the formula actually only goes on the base of the brush and not the ends of the bristles. I guess that is so the little bristles comb through the lashes while applying the formula right after it's combed out. I liked how my lashes look with only one coat, but I already have really long lashes so I don't need much help. I also liked how it separated the lashes because of the firm bristles combing them. I don't particularly like wet formulas for mascara but this one was okay because the brush doesn't deposit TOO much product. It is only okay with more than one coat, I'm going to keep using this and see if i can get the hang of it to make my lashes look perfect, I think this mascara definitely has potential.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This product is really good for lengthening and defining. It separates your lashes really well and the best part of it is is that it doesn't clump whatsoever because of its unique small bristled brush. However, it doesn't give a lot of volume, so if you want a voluminous and lengthened mascara look, I recommend putting this on after you put a voluminizing mascara on. The price is pretty cheap and the packaging is unique as well - the brush coats each one of your lashes.

Overall a good buy! Will be repurchasing for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by shilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite budget mascara! It's cheap and the brush is fantastic making the lashes long with a lot of volume. I LOVE IT! I'm never buying another mascara ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this is probably one of the best drugstore mascaras.. it holds a curl (this is huge when it comes to non-waterproof mascaras), defines, separates, and adds a bit of length to my lashes. my lashes also appear more full because the short bristles allow mascara to be applied to every lash, including the short puny ones. because of how well this mascara defines and separate every lash while holding a curl, my eyes really open up and my lashes look a bit doll-like. it doesn't smudge, flake, or disappear throughout the day and is easy to remove. my only gripe with it is that it's one of the more expensive drugstore mascaras.
tip: this mascara is really wet when first opened and easily overcoats the lashes on the first handful of applications, but if you give it a week or 2 to dry out, the formula becomes more easily workable. i don't even need a lash comb to achieve the look i want after the initial week or so. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is "meh". I wish it went on a bit lighter. This formula goes on heavy, at least for me. I get TONS of mascara on my lashes, then they look clumpy, and using a lash comb doesn't make that much of a difference. I think I could still get the longer/darker lash look without the product getting piled on.

One thing this has going for it is the brush. I really like the brush! It's great for getting the lashes at either end of my eyes. I just wish the formula didn't clump and goop. If I could have this brush with the formula of some of Cover Girl's mascaras, I'd be happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by parisandparis1

its a very long lasting and good quality mascara.but its hard to take it off very well, even with the best makeup cleaners.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Hanndabear

I really wanted to love this mascara. Most previous reviews raved about it, so I decided to give it a try... but regretted it almost immediately. In one word, this mascara is MESSY! The formula is extremely wet--I had to be extra careful and use a mascara guard just so it wont smudge my eyelids. Otherwise, it becomes a disaster. Furthermore, the brush has a weird design. While no formula clumps around the bristles (which is about the only thing that pleasantly surprised me), I had to wiggle the brush under my lashes several times before the formula finally coated.

All in all, this mascara was a disappointment. It volumizes lashes pretty well, but there are a hundred other mascaras that produce the same results without being messy (ie: Maybelline's Volume Express The Falsies).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sammynix

I am always on the hunt for a HG mascara and I thought I had found it with Benefit's They're Real (but it dries out SO quickly!) so I picked this up and hoped for the best.. I have only used it a couple of times and so far I am loving the results. It takes a little bit of time to fan out the lashes appropriately in order to avoid clumping; in fact I need to use a clean mascara brush after each coat to separate my lashes properly. But the results are totally worth the effort. I LOVE how very very black the mascara is, it is definitely the blackest I have used. And I have always been a fan of thin mascara brushes coupled with a wet formula, so this is a winner with me so far. The results of a couple of coats of mascara (after curling, of course) are dramatic long, dark, thick lashes (but NOT spidery thick). I do have quite long lashes to start with so I am not sure how this will work on shorter eyelashes. I will update in a few weeks and see if it has dried up or if any other negative effects have occurred. So far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by DoeEyed

Delivers immediate length! Really allows you to build and build for drama. The rubber flex brush may be a drawback for some. The teeth on the brush carry a lot of product at first and required some combing after application. All of L'oreal's carbon black formula's really seem to be true jet black, especially in this case; makes lashes really pop. Recommended.