October 22, 2014 | 1119 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Yelena1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This scent is so strong and cloying. I get sick whenever I smell Obsession on someone. There is a note in this fragrance that just does not work. It almost reminds me of a man's aftershave, or strong body odor.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is amber, pure and simple. you could get the exact fragrance a heck of a lot cheaper by just visiting your local head shop, or "aromatherapy" supplier, and getting a vial of amber oil.

the amber dwarfs all other notes, and it is extreeeeeeeemely strong. it's not awful by any means, but it's nothing special, imo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore this scent when i was younger because I loved musky scents. Its been forever since I've even smelled it but maybe I'll give it a try again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

If used sparingly, this is a very beautiful, warm, soft scent. I generally prefer sugary/foody scents, but this is my "serious" scent, I suppose you could say. LOL.
This is definitely a sophisticated and sexy scent, so I mostly wear this when I plan on having a romantic evening with my one and only. He loves it!

Like I said, this needs to be used sparingly. I can imagine this would be headache-inducing if someone sprayed this all over themselves. It's a very potent fragrance, so it only needs to be lightly sprayed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lillie_munster

The sexiest perfume alive.
I have worn it since the early nineties on and off.
It never failed.
The secret is dosage, of course.

Just one the best orientals ever. It brings me back to a bunch of sexy secrets and blissful memories. I save it for the very "special moments" or when i really need a personality boost.

At the same time it is comforting and warm like a cup of hot tea on your sofa with your favourite poem book on a winter evening.

Vanilla+Oakmoss=Obsession.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore Obsession in high school because my boyfriend at the time thought it was the greatest scent ever. I liked it, but it was never "me". I remembered it being very strong, also.

Now, forward 15 years, after reading some intriguing reviews here, I picked up a mini at the drugstore. It was like reuniting with an old friend. Smells so much better on me now, the sometimes green & greasy topnote disappears quickly and leaves me with a mesmerizing sweet and spicy amber veil. It is not nearly as strong as I remember, I actually would need to reapply halfway through the day if going somewhere. IMO, it remains a little more timeless and relevant than some of the other 80's big hitters. (Maybe they've deliberately toned down that trademark gigantic sillage?)

I'm only disappointed that it is harder to find the old splash bottle like I had, I'd love it for nostalgia--even though I think I prefer the spray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay. I went out and bought a miniature of this at the drugstore after reading in a recent issue of Allure that some perfume expert dubbed it "the sexiest fragrance ever." Every time I wear it someone remarks on how good I smell. So many good things came from the '80s, no? ;) It's on my dresser next to the Chanel No. 5 Sensual Elixir, and I'm pretty sure they're in a catfight when I'm not looking.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this scent it smells really good. It's a bit strong but it starts softening up after a while but I can still smell it. It has great lasting power, which I look for in a scent. Will definetly repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lipgl0ssaddict

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I normally love oriental/spicy/androgynous/slightly masculine perfumes. Unfortunately, on me this smelled like cheap bathroom soap mixed with old spice. ICK. However, it does have decent lasting power, although that's a bad thing in this instance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

Mmmmm...I've rediscovered my obsession for Obsession! I was in a dept store today smelling perfumes, looking for something more sensual and sophisticated than my stand-by (Pink Sugar). I saw the Obsession bottle and nearly passed it up, but something told me that one quick squirt on my wrist wouldn't hurt and now like a junkie...I'm addicted again! I love how this is spicy, yet with a soft sweet undernote, its a scent that lingers and only a small spritz is needed. You want people to lean in close to you and tell you how damn good you smell instead of gasping for air from across the room! I got in the car and with one whiff my DH said "OMG you smell sexy!" Now, that is NOT the usual comments I get on my perfume choices, so that pushed it over edge and I am now a proud owner of a bottle of Obsession! So, if you're thinking about passing this up...pause for second, give your wrist a quick spritz and see if you can rediscover that sexy, sensual, daring woman that is in us all.