Cle de Peau Concealer

4.2

titanium dioxide, hydrogenated polydecene, cyclomethicone, mica, kaolin, CI 77492, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, paraffin, sodium magnesium silicate, CI 77491, polyethylene, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, glycerin, barium sulfate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), peg-10 dimethicone, phytosteryl macadamiate, ci 77499, water, synthetic fluorphlogopite, butylene glycol, polysilicone-5, tocopheryl, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, aluminium hydroxide, alcohol, aluminium distearate, dimethicone, triethoxysilyethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, prunus speciosa leaf extract,

on 5/1/2011 10:46:00 PM

After failing to find a concealer that covers as well as CDP, I went back to it and I love it now. I've been using it everyday and it just covers well. I think with this concealer, you need to warm it up with your fingers first. If you do that, this blends like a DREAM. I usually swipe it under my eyes, wait 2 secs, then blend it with Sephora's concealer brush (#57). Works amazing well, I will definitely be re-purchasing. Screw what I said before!

on 4/18/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The ONLY concealer shade I have found that perfectly matches my olive complexion-OCHRE !

It never flakes and always stays put ! It's expensive as hell, but a tube has lasted me a whole year !

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The best concealer I've ever used. It's silky smooth and blends flawlessly. No caking for me.

on 4/10/2011 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I quite like it but I think the price is really too much. I bought it because there are reviews out there that said it works amazing for dark circles. After using it for nearly a year, I have to say it is a little overhyped that it is good for good circles.

First of all, it is not hydrating enough to cover undereye dark circles. It creases crazily on me. I have combination skin but undereyes are pretty dry. I do put on sufficient eye cream but the concealer just creases badly.

I do like it when it comes to concealing other blemishes on my skin example cheeks. If you are going to wear it for a long time, you need to make sure you touch up your make up by "powdering" over it because if your skin is a little bit oily, the concealor will just slide off my skin after 8 hours or so.

on 4/4/2011 3:23:00 AM

I adore cle de peau products! And this is what started it all I have underey circles which are the bane of my existence-jk but this makes it not even a problem anymore I bought the Laura mercies secret camouflage which covered well but was dryinh and I looked like I was a million years old and I was 22 at the time, I used Mac gel concealer and regular concealer n it just like slid off my skin or whatever and looked like I had to reapply it. I used other trash that was supposedly good, anyways the point is this is worth it and when I went home for Christmas my sister tried it n fell in love and this was one of the Christmas gifts I gave her! It is expensive but I swear I have like a whole huge tube left n I bought it 6 months ago! It is of the highest quality n results ! Loves it! I give it my stamp of approval times a billion!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This works well as a spot concealer and dries to a powder matte finish. As an undereye concealer this is not so good. It settles into fine lines and causes undereye skin to look cakey and crepey. For a high end undereye concealer, La Mer the Radiant Concealer works much better.

on 4/4/2011 2:06:00 AM

I was looking for a concealer that would mainly cover my post acne marks and the dark circles under my eyes. After spending a ton of money on many other concealers ranging from cheap drugstore brands to highly expensive ones ($75 +), I finally decided to give in and went to buy it at Bergdorf Goodman.

PRO:
- Covers every mark/discoloration on my face flawlessly

- Nice creamy formula makes it is easy to apply and product literally melts into your skin

- Great quality (in terms of pigment and color intensity- *a little goes a VERY long way)

- You don't get that chalky/drying effect that most concealer tend to produce when you apply it

- Comes in a cute blue twisting tube, so you control how much you want to use without being wasteful (*and again a little goes a very long way- believe me when I say this because I usually go through products faster than anyone else I know)

CON:
- Extremely limited color selection, so major kudos to those that have found an exact match without having to mix this concealer with another one to get your shade like I do.

- Pricey and I found that I can get similiar results for a cheaper price with Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (sold in Sephora), and with the Makeup Forever Pallette that a few other reviewers have mentioned.

- If you apply too much concelear it will tend to crease into your fine lines and accentuate them due to the creamy formula.
Therefore I highly recommend applying this product VERY liberally after moisturizing your face. I usually get the best results when I apply it with my ring finger (slight dabbing it) as opposed to with a brush- and this method will certainly conserve the life of this product since you will only be using what you applied on your finger. And lastly do NOT forget to set this concealer with any powder that you use or else you will definitely get creasing throughout the day.

Overall: If you find the perfect color match then I would highly recommend this concealer to those that do not mind splurging on it. Hesitant to purchase? Then try taking other reviewers recommendations on cheaper alternatives to this product, and if all else fails then by all means go out and get this product- you will not be disappointed.

(*Also just as a sidenote: I really believe that concealer should be something that you splurge on because it is the most powerful tool in your makeup bad that can diminish flaws instantly and give the illusion of radiant, flawless, and youthful skin*)

on 3/29/2011 7:36:00 PM

This covers ANYTHING while blending naturally. It doesn't crease or disappear during the whole day even thought it's creamy!
It is too expensive for a concealer..
Take it or leave it :)

on 3/29/2011 7:25:00 PM

Hands down my HG under-eye concealer. Have been using the Beige shade for about ten years ever since it was and has been countlessly featured in InStyle magazine's Best Beauty Buys. Highly pigmented so a little goes a long way, which also means a tube lasts forever (maybe 2 years?). I apply with my Shu Uemura concealer brush and gently pat/blend with my ring finger. The stuff just covers my moderate dark circles and veins around eyes perfectly without caking. This is NOT a heavy coverage concealor that will mask really dark circles. Rather it's brightening, very natural looking, has perfect texture, blends perfectly and has great staying power. As I've gotten older my dark circles have gotten well, darker. So I've been applying Smashbox Under-eye Photo Op Brightener underneath my CDP concealer; both pair nicely together. I am on my 4th or 5th tube and will never be without this amazing and beautiful concealer.

on 3/28/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Do you HAVE to have this? no. it is a splurge at 70+. that being said, i really enjoy it. the quality is gorgeous and it has great coverage. i have had it for over 3 months and only used 1/4 of it so its not too insane. i also caught my husband using it and about chopped his digits off. i never noticed he was wearing concealer because this is so natural. highly recommend

Edit: I stopped using this for a while and had forgotten how much I loved it. Well, it's back in my beauty bag and people have commented how rested i look. That alone is worth the price!

Top Rated Cle de Peau Products