November 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wondeful! I will most definitely buy this product again, they really work on my skin which is 37 years old but still prone to breakouts. I'm also concerned about the signs of aging --dullness, drier skin, discoloration and the start of fine lines, etc. I know "peels/acids" help with both acne and aging so I love them. My skin is not as oily/combo as it used to be when I was younger but it's not dry and it's pretty tough without many fine lines yet (used SPF since I've been 28). Please note that I am very accustomed to glycolic acid because I've used it for close to 10 years now--I've tried a lot.......Dr. Varon peel (my 1st try with a "peel" from Ulta for $20..... love it, but it's harder to find now), proactiv toner, Dr Denese facial pads, MD Skincare Beta Peel Pads, C Booth 10% toner, Proactiv peel wipes, Alpha Hydroxy. While they are all good and definitely help my skin, I was looking for something stronger that was still over the counter and wouldn't leave my face red, dry, scaly, etc, because I can't afford to take time off of work. I think even at 20% these are VERY gentle but quite effective. I have been using one pad every night before my shower ( I tend to wash my makeup off 1st) and I generally leave it on for up to 2 hours because I don't always make it to the shower right away ( I don't recommend leaving them on this long for everyone, but they just don't irritate my skin at all). You simply rinse and onto your next skin care steps (I use my Pro-X cleaning tool and retin A at night as well). The pads leave your complexion brighter and more "glowy" and smooth. I think they definitely help with breakout and dullness, but I can't say they *completely* get rid of acne and fine lines either (I've only used for a week or so, but you can't expect absolute miracles). the downside is the definitely the retail cost ($45 + tax for 60 pads)..... and the instructions say to use even twice a day! I bought mine on Ebay 60 pads for $28.50 total, and I only use once a day or every other day. I wish I could get this on auto delivery for like $20 lol. The other thing I don't understand is why put all the extra ingredients in and charge us for it, when you are supposed to rinse it off in 1-3 minutes! Usually quick peels keep it simple and make it all about the acids which is what do the exfoliation, or the extra "good" ingredients are meant to sit on your face most of the day like with the Denese and MD pads that don't get rinsed. I do think the pads are decently large and wet (equivalent to a Stridex pad) but I still use one pad because I don't think 1/2 pad is quite enough for me personally. As an experiment, I started using the remainder of the pad on my husband's face (he's 3 years younger but acne prone with larger pores and trouble with ingrown hairs) and he said it stung/burned him a bit upon application. But, after just a couple times, I've noticed his face looked smoother, more refined and "glowy" too! So, I would definitely recommend to men, teens, etc! I would say to start slow like the instructions say....and let your skin tell you (it will tell you if it's too much by redness, stinging, burning,etc. so always pay attention to what your skin tells you!). I'm sure people with dry and sensitive skin could have some side effects, so use with care. If there was one complaint besides the cost, I actually wish PTR would come out with this product in yet a slightly stronger strength as well for people who are used to stronger products. And remember, if you are concerned with the signs of aging like I am, keep in mind that aging is inevitable and natural but the best effort is avoiding the sun, SPF, and taking care of yourself by not smoking, etc.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Love 'em, definitely will be a staple. I got a box of this a few months ago because even testing one at one point at sephora my skin was glowing when i got home, so I bought a box. The MD skincare version almost made me glow but broke me out in cystic acne on my neck and jaw, yuck. But these never broke me out once. I do find them to give only temporary results but that is fine. It's great for those times when you want to have great skin, just start 4 days before, and enjoy every day of more glowing, tight, youthful good-looking skin. : ). I too use 1/2 a pad per application, which makes them about 40 cents per pad! wow, that is a great price. : ). As soon as these run out I will buy another box.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by meljanbil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very skeptical about any product that alludes to the promise of eliminating wrinkles. When they do work, it's only temporary, and rarely is it truly effective. I was convinced to try this product due to the high % of AHA's. % wise it is close to the quality of products used by professionals. It's my guess that the type of AHA's aren't as strong, but the evidence is in the results.

The first time I used these pads, (on my face and hands) I left it on for 3 minutes. After neutralizing with water I had quite a bit of stinging on my hands of all places. I have moderate Rosacea (under control medically) and fairly sensitive skin, but I had no burning on my face. Looking in the mirror I saw my usual self, no big improvements. Knowing it would take repeated uses, I committed myself to 1 week. Well I'm really glad I have. Now after 2 weeks of using this I am seeing dramatic improvements to my skin.

The expression lines on my forehead are fading! In fact they are completely gone in the middle. Yes, I said completely gone. Even botox didn't do that. My skin texture is as soft as my baby's. My age spots may or may not be fading, but the most dramatic difference has been in my hands. They are smoother and the fine lines that were starting to settle in are no longer noticeable. As a nurse who is constantly washing my hands, they are always dry. Not any longer, they suck up lotion and lock it in, without a crack in sight. After the first use they no longer sting when I apply the pads.

I cut the pads in 1/2 and use on my face and back of hands. I leave on for 5 minutes before neutralizing. This is the first skincare product I have purchased, rx or OTC that has truly delivered on it's promise. I will be purchasing over and over.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by dianri18

Awesome product! I am 19 yo. (I know, too young to use this) Previously, I have been using MUA peels to get rid of the unsightly marks left by acnes, only to cause more acne and redness. Fortunately, this particular PTR product cleared up my skin like nothing else. It has been a week with every other day use, my skin is completely flawless!!! sometimes I cannot believe my eyes either. I tried the max version prior to swapping it for this as the max one did not provide any satisfying results.
Gave some to Mom to try. She loves it too. Gave us soft, glowing skin and her wrinkles and lines are gone.
If you are contemplating on whether or not you should buy it, go ahead! If you buy from KIT, you can always exchange/refund if you are not happy ^^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I am using it in combination with some of the other PTR Unwrinkle line, including the serum and night cream (which I love!). Don't expect the peel pads to work like professional glycolic peels. With that being said, I have noticed a marked improvement in overall tone and texture. I use this product 2-3 times per week and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. I am used to glycolic, so it no longer causes any irritation, redness, or flaking. If you have sensitive skin, you may need to gradually build up tolerance to this and any other glycolic based product. I have melasma/hyperpigmentation caused by past sun exposure. Using this product along with professional peels, prescription strength Retinol, and the PTR Unwrinkle night cream and serum, I am noticing a gradual fading of discoloration. Always use sunblock while using this product, as glycolic can increase sun sensitivity.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Chiisanahime

After all these years of trying different acne and scar-fading products, I've finally found my miracle cure! After only a few uses, the red marks on my face are noticeably faded and my skin tone has evened out. The texture of my skin is baby smooth and absorbs moisturizers so much more effectively. I can go out and look AMAZING with just light touches of concealer here and there...soon, maybe none at all =D
The "peel" isn't harsh at all. I've been using it every other day (for 10 minutes at a time). It hasn't cause any drying or peeling.
I'll update if I notice anything bad happening, but for now I am so happy with this product - I will definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kmart12

After viewing ALL the glowing reviews for this product I was eager to try it out myself. I used it for about a month and I'm very unsatisfied with the results. Around my eyes I appear to have aged five years! I pray this goes away. Retinoids and acids don't seem to like me. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am about two-thirds finished with the pads in the jar. I have been trying to use it 3 times a week. I leave it on for at least 3 minutes, but sometimes more. My skin appears smoother, even the neck area. My skin had developed scaley areas that were always present, and this product is removing them. My only disappointment is that the product doesn't really affect age spots--that may come later, though. At this point, I have to keep using it because of the noticeable improvement. The wrinkes above my lips appear less prominent. In fact, no other product that I have ever used has made such a significant difference in my skin not only in the looks of it but also in the feel of the skin. I was going to give 4 stars because of the age spots issue, but changed my mind. I think this product works better for older skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i love this product!! i have been using it for a month and my skin has never looked better. i have never had a real issue with breakouts but it evened out my skintone and gives me this glow like i get a facial every day. i have not experienced any purging since using this. this has also done wonders for my KP (chicken skin) on my upper arms. on the suggestion of another review i swiped the pad over my arms after my face and within 2 weeks my KP has diminished 50%. it also got rid of alot of the redness so the little bumps that are still left are not as noticable. im hopeful that within another month or so the KP will be totally gone

i leave it on for 10 min then wash my face with water and apply my night cream. my skin is soft and smooth and i dont need any face makeup anymore. i usually use MAC MSF Skinfinish to even out my skin tone and now i can go without it

this is definitly HG for me and i will keep buying these for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by nocomment

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my second tub of these and will buy a third. I have oily acne prone skin. This is a good all around cure for brightening and taking care of exfoliation for me. I have all kinds of acne, cystic, blackheads and whiteheads. This is not a cure-all, but keeps it manageable. I use them about three times a week and also smear 'em on my neck and hands. It had definitely helped even out the tone of my skin.

FWIW, I've tried PTR maximum corrector pads and had a terrible reaction. Broke me out horribly and painfully. Although these say they are for wrinkles, not acne--they help me with acne.