July 31, 2014 | 1704 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Dieuthuy

It is my first highlighter so I can't compare it with some other highlighters, but I think it is really good product. It works how it should work, which means it makes places, where I apply it (under the eyebrows and above the cheeks) more shiny and it looks really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

My skin is olive, light and warm-toned. I almost always get the lightest shade in foundations and get green skin shadows. I got Moon Beam because it was on sale and cheap on the Benefit website and a sample bottle of High Beam. Maybe it's because I'm a light-skinned warm tone, but these do not look any different on me. I love this and I have two sample sticks of Watt's Up that I wish I could trade for High Beam. I've never tried any drugstore highlighters so this is my favorite. It shows up a lot more than Watt's Up and is an actual illumination, WU is a shimmer. I like my makeup to look as natural as possible. When I say natural, I mean "real". I don't use so much blush that it looks unnatural, and nobody's cheek should shimmer, I'm sorry. The only obvious thing I like to do is have long lashes, I don't see the point in natural lashes mascara haha. Benefit's liquid highlighters are a must.

Don't forget to get some on your collar bones if they're showing. Or just moisturize anything below your face that's showing. Because if you use this, it'll look better matching the chest with the face. Don't wanna be glowing up top and then look dull on the chest. Good time to apply sunscreen. :>

Most people won't use this everywhere they can, but I tried it a few times and it stands up to the heat and looks great. Your glow won't be atop your cheekbones and then randomly on your cheeks later. You can put this on the cheekbones, the brow bones, the sideways V on the temples--eyebrow to cheekbone--or brow bone to cheekbone, Cupid's bow, the area of the chin light bounces off of, up the nose bone, and starting inbetween the brows a circular or triangular shape that takes up half the height of the forehead. Most people don't even include the forehead highlight in tutorials but I do it because I am asian and have the typical flat-as-a-pancake face. I welcome any dimension.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont hate this product, the color is just bad for my skintone. I am very fair, and when I wear this in winter, I look straight up ASHY. I know it's weird to say but its so true. I look so. ashy. it's a problem. Not flattering in the least bit. in some lighting it looks okay but it's just a bizarre problem to have. maybe for more olive tones, it'd be nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's an okay highlighter but I hate the packaging because it makes the application process a hassle and their are flecks of obvious glitter is it so it is not suitable for every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

while this is a great product, i hate hate hate hate hate the packaging. I hate most packaging from benefit to be honest, mostly because they're too focused on making it cute rather than functional. However, this is a really great highlighter as it spreads very smoothly and imparts a very nice subtle glow on my nc20/25 skin. It's not too shimmery. however, i find that it doesn't tend to last too long, maybe just a few hours and i'm much too lazy to reapply at work. I wouldn't buy it again if i ever run out since there's too many highlighters out there that i'd like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a small bottle of High Beam in my "Feelin' Dandy" lip and cheek hit. This is a very easily to use (practically fool proof) highlighter that is perfect for my ivory skin :) I use this highlighter everyday on my brow bones, high on my cheek bones and down the centre of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a tiny High Beam bottle as part of a gift package a couple of years ago and I didn't use it for a while as I wasn't too sure how to use it! A friend told me an assistant had used an illuminator on her cheeks and she looked like a light bulb so I steered clear for several months!

I regret this because now I couldn't imagine my daily routine without it! After some gentle instruction from a Benebabe in Boots, a few dabs under my brows looks divine! Very pretty and subtle but you can tell it's there, which gives brows a nice lift! My brows are very dark too so the contrast of pearly pink and Browzings on my brows looks very gorgeous (IMO). It still looks good after a full days wear and doesn't look patchy at all.

The big bottle is £18.50 I think, which I didn't think was too bad, as the mini bottle seems to be lasting me a while so I would be happy to purchase the bigger version should I run out. Super product :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Did nothing on my skin! Didnt highlight or anything.. Simply disappeared! I will give this a second chance, maybe apply differently and update again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this highlighter.
I'm not really into liquid highlighters - I really don't know how to work them! But this is great mixed with your liquid foundation - I personally loves mixing it with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It leaves my skin with a healthy summer glow which of course is perfect for summer time.
I don't like it directly put on my cheeks, I think that it's to hard to blend. But maybe that's just me. I have other powder highlighters who does the job way better!
But still a great highlighter, when you want to make your face glow in a beautiful way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pearlescent very light shade of pink that comes in a small package with applicator.the colour is one of my favorites and I would say it suits white (as in snow) to very light pale yellow skin tones.when I purchased it the skin tone on my face was very light yellow and the product creates a shimmer effect when applied along the contours of the cheek bone.it wont look good on orange brown pink red skins or skins that is having a variety of different colours on the face.it also wont look good on skin with brown spots (freckles), elevated brown spots (moles), permanent make up tattooed brown spots or permanent make up tattooed brown spots that have had a substance injected into them to elevate them 3 dimensionally from the face to create skin that isn't smooth to look at or touch and looks just like mole usually with a very thick hair (or multiple thick black hairs) implanted into it.it looks best on skin without pattern on the face and could only look good on people who has very young skin like a child as the make up products are designed to draw attention to the face so anyone with signs of damage or aging should avoid using this benefit product.I was working when I purchased this benefit product and it is quite expensive compared with cheaper brands but the cheaper brands don't make any product like this.
I would recommend this product to anyone who has a face like a child with no signs of aging and has one tone skin all over their face in white or very light yellow as it will really accentuate your beauty in a very natural and simplistic way.I wouldn't recommended using any other make up products with this as young skin doesn't need makeup and this is a highlighter to emphasis the natural beauty of youthful people who has these skin tones and there arnt many make up products that are designed to look good on these skins most are designed for darker skins and when peoples with lightest skins wear it they look like their advertising a product that was designed for someone else who doesn't look like them just like the fashions.

I won't purchase again as now my face doesn't look like a child anymore because my nose has changed my eyesockets hollowed out and forehead increased my face length by a few inches and hollowed
out what they call temples and my skin has changed colors and showing skin dehydration and damage and now I realised brown spots doesn't look nice.so it would emphasize these imperfections at a time in my life when I should be trying to hide them and not draw attention to my face damage.