October 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

Good highlighter for pale skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Big fan of this. Have also used Mac's Strobe Cream but you can't control the amount like you can with Benefit. Lasts in the bottle AND on your skin for a very long time. Nice dewy glow. Pat it on after your foundation and blusher and you're set to go. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by KayneSays

Great product for my nw10 skin!
Gives a gorgeous highlight, the packaging may seem off putting but it is very easy to use!
Only problem is I have to apply it before foundation or it eats my foundation away :c

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by beautyybabee

Let me start off with, I truly enjoy and like this product but there are some pros and cons to this. The pros are that its a liquid, so its very easy to blend and I would prefer a liquid highlighter over a powder one. Cons, the price. The bottle is $26 (Sephora) and that seems like quite a bit for just a highlighter. Yes, the bottle is big but face it, are you really going to use it all? Even though it is liquid which is what I prefer over powder, if you are on a budget, I do not reccomend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really did not like this highlighter at all and am glad I only had a sample that came with a blush.

The first few times I tried it, I would dot this along the top of my cheekbone using the tip of the brush applicator then use only my ring finger to dab it along and blend it out. No rubbing at all, just stippling. What I ended up with was most of the pink pearlescent colour on my finger, and only a little colour with LOTS of glitter particles on my cheekbone. Over the next few days I tried the same method with different foundations, powder, no powder, bare skin etc underneath. Always the same result - no glow, lots of glitter.

Then I gave up on fingers and tried blending it out with a stippling brush instead and got the same result. I've tried patting it on with the flat edge of a blush brush, a flat eyeshadow brush, an eyeshadow blending brush (stippled and also swirled on). Nothing will make this highlighter work for me, I always end up with most of the glowy product on whichever tool I used to apply it and a bunch of glitter on my face.

Now I stick with powder highlighters - much less work than cream or liquid highlighters and I've yet to come across one that has glitter in it like High Beam does. With a powder, I can use either a brush or my finger and it always glides on, blends easily and glows like it's supposed to.

*****

Packaging:
It's fine, it's exactly like a nail polish bottle. It's translucent so that's good, you'll be able to see when you're running out. It also looks like it would be very easy to carry with you for touch ups. I got a sample size which is exactly the same as full size packaging, except for the container itself (sample is plastic, full size is glass). I didn't use this long enough to find out how easy it is to get product out once you're running low.

Price:
Looking at the websites of Benefit and department stores where this is sold, yes it does seem like an expensive product. But you only use a tiny amount each application so I assume it will last you for an extremely long time and the cost per use would be minimal.

Consistency:
I found this to be like a cream, not liquid or runny at all. Dries in a reasonable amount of time so you don't have to blend in a panic (I'm looking at you, liquid stains & tints). Not sticky once it dries. No issue with this moving foundation or powder around when applied on top. No issue with applying this to bare skin (just moisturiser or sunscreen, no makeup).

Colour:
Very pearlescent pink. I wouldn't recommend this for very warm toned skin, or any skin colour over medium. This suits pale skin very nicely.

Wear:
I personally found that this didn't wear well. While it "stuck" to my base product of choice when first applied, it just wore off as the day progressed. What little colour I had faded to nothing throughout the day, and the glitter particles fell down my face. It looked like a cloud of glitter came along and rained on my cheek.

OVERALL:
My issue with High Beam is the product does not do for me what it is supposed to. I didn't get any sort of glow from it, I just got glitterbombed. If you really want to try this, get a sample first and be prepared to try different application methods. Also be prepared for the harsh reality that this cult fave just might not work for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This is a cute little highlighter for everyday. It's not too flashy, pretty subtle and gives a nice, natural looking glow to the skin. I don't like the packaging though - I wish it wasn't in a nail-polish like container and wasn't so runny. It's really easy to blend in with your fingers - in fact, I would recommend fingers as brushes can leave brush streaks and not properly blend it in. I like to dot this on my cheekbones, chin, and nose and it gives a very natural, lovely looking contouring that looks like it took a long time to do. It's a little subtle and too runny for my taste but I can see it looking lovely on a lot of women.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Tkachenko80

If you like natural, not too over powering make-up then this is for you! I love how it looks on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Hollylovesbeauty

This product was bought for me as a gift and I'm INLOVE with it. It's my little secret! Looks amazing in photos. Only down fall is i needed quite a bit more than recommended so just see what works for you. Other than that I loved it x

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fun to use! Easy application and looks beautiful in pictures. I think it's pretty expensive but I definitely love using this for a night out or just an overall healthy glow. If I ran out I wouldn't go running to Ulta immediately to get more, but it is definitely nice to have and good quality :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

High-beam is such a wonderful liquid highlighter! This product gives your skin a healthy glow that leaves my skin looking dewy but not greasy. I apply this to the inner corner of the eyes as well as on my upper cheek bones right above my blush. This product is awesome in the summer time, for it really wakes up your face with a pinkish shimmer that isn't overwhelming in person nor in pictures. Longevity is about 6-8 hours. Very light-weight feeling on the skin, no irritation at all. I have sensitive and dry skin and have a hard time using powder highlighters, thus opted to try a more pricey product but I'm definitely glad I gave this a go. Would absolutely repurchase if I ran out!