E.L.F. Concealer Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/15/2010 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Serves it's function of spot concealing blemishes. Since the brush is small it doesn't pick up an excessive amount of product. It's too small for concealing under eye circles though. I tried and you can, it takes forever. This also makes a great lip brush.

on 11/5/2010 10:02:00 AM

This is alright as a concealer brush. However it tends to push around pigment rather than apply it where you want it. For the record, I use cream concealer.

Better as a lipstick brush. Also good as a nail brush. For $1, who cares? Find a good use for it, I'm sure you'll come up with something.

on 10/27/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this brush! Its a very small almost the size of a pinky nail, actually smaller. So i find it works best for 1. Very precise concealing or 2. Detail eye work. I love using this brush for cream liners or applying or blending cream shadows or applying liner or shadows to lower lash line, or smudging liners, can even be used to apply precise outer v shadows. So if u need a concealer brush 4 normal areas this is way to small (try elf $3 studio concealer brush- great 4 concealer work) but 4 any of the jobs ive mentioned above, its great. Thats why i have 4 of these. I use them so much! Ive been lucky to recieve basically the same brush bc the only problem i have with elf is the brush quality is inconsistent. But at $1 ill take the risk. Thats why i wish i could buy their brushes in the stores bc that way i could check them 1st bc dealin with customer service over $1 is annoying to me. I know its only $1 but it will add up. But all 4 i have are great- no problems! Cruelty free affordable multi purpose great brush! I love u elf!

on 10/22/2010 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It's way too small to be a concealer brush, maybe for random spots, but I don't really have a lot of spots to cover in the first place...
Like the person below me said, I use this to apply cream eyeshadow to the corner of my eyes or on my lower lash line.

on 10/18/2010 5:36:00 PM

I don't bother using this as a concealer brush because it is MINISCULE.

It works well to apply cream eyeshadow products under the lower lash line.

on 10/16/2010 10:25:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I've owned several sephora and high end concealer brushes and they aren't even comparable to ELF...which is kind of shocking. but good news for me! It only costs me a dollar for this brush. I spent ten dollars on some stupid high end concealer brush that doesn't even perform 30% as well. I am buying this whole line. Plus they do not use animals. I washed ELF brush and everything is as it was. there was no shedding I can detech. I simply use baby shampoo . I wish I can give this line of brushes 10 stars. don't ever get ripped off again by the beauty manufacturers.

on 10/10/2010 8:12:00 AM

EDIT:
I ordered another of these and it was faulty (glued-up bristles). ELF customer service was very good and replaced it immediately - with another faulty one. Again, customer service was excellent and they offered to personally check the bristles before posting the replacement. The brush arrived the next day and had been checked & wasn't faulty. However, it was a bit different to the very first one I bought months ago - the new brush had shorter and stiffer bristles and won't be suitable for around the eyes. So my point with this long story is: ELF brushes CAN be brilliant, but the quality seems to vary quite a lot. It's up to you if it's worth risking for an admittedly tiny price!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I love this tiny brush. It's brilliant for any precision work on eyes or little blemishes. I would happily own half a dozen of these (in fact I expect I will do sooner or later). The bristles are very smooth and soft, but not floppy at all, and haven't shed at all yet despite several washes. The brush dries immediately, with the help of a tissue, so can be used again right away.
It is too small really to be used to conceal larger areas such as under the eyes etc, but is really useful for targeting anything small.
I'd love it if ELF would produce a range of brushes more suitable for taking out and about - with a slide-up cover for the bristles, for example - as I always feel the uncovered brushes are a bit dirty after being stuck in my makeup bag for the day, and I don't want to carry a separate case just for a couple of brushes.
Still, this brush is really useful IMO and fantastic for the price.

on 8/26/2010 2:08:00 AM

This concealer brush is way too small. Not sure what you can use it to conceal. I used mine as a lip brush. Works fantastic!!!!!

on 8/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Overall, this brush is too small to apply concealer anywhere besides the inner corners of my eyes. It's nice and sturdy, though. And dirt cheap! Now, I use this as an eyeliner brush--you can't beat the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

When it first came to me, I was abit surprised to see how small this brush is..afterall,being a beginner 2 of my concealer brushes are way bigger than this. But after much 'research' done, I've found out the uses of the brush. It does help to pin point those zits, nooks and crooks of my eyes/nose area and it's very good in applying lip products(i usually put abit of concealer on my lips before i apply on lip products to make it look smoother and nicer). Never tried it as an eyeliner brush before as I'm still very faithful to my BeneFit angled brush. Will definitely repurchase due to the uber cheap price and good quality.

Popular Makeup Brushes