October 31, 2014 | 1577 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by joongielover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, highly pigmented shadows. It's expensive for a reason (even though it's very expensive). The quality of these shadows are soooooooo awesome. If I ever finish this palette, I'd definitely repurchase <3.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by crimrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great little kit - my first try with UD shadows, and so far, I love! I usually cheap out on eyeshadows, I must admit, but the pigment in these shadows is really hard to beat, so I feel I can cough up the extra dough every now and then to stock up...
This kit is quite cost-effective as well - $38 for 9 shadows, when UD shadows are normally $17 apiece. This is a great way to get into the brand if you have never tried it before (apart from their famous Primer Potion, of course!). All of the colours in this kit are wonderfully pigmented for maximum colour, and you don't have to use a lot of product because of this, so even though the shadows may seem small in the box, they will last quite some time. The shade selections here are beautiful, and they are very compatible together. There are so many colour combinations possible. The colours are super-blendable as well. Also, if you want to start experimenting with colour (like I did), this is a good way to get some stronger colours that are very workable to make a more neutral or dramatic look.
Overall, I love this kit and am very glad to have purchased it. I will continue to buy UD shadows! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by clarefp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

got given this set as a birthday present - its brilliant i love it!

the packaging is brilliant, but the 2 little brushes are bit crappy that come with it. plus i don't liek the eye primer liquid, its too runny i think.

but the shadows are awesome!!! because there's such a range i can do day time looks or party looks from teh same pallette! - love the purple 'ransom' best! oh and the names for eahc colour r quite random and funny!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

This shadow box is a great way to try quite a few of the eyeshadows in Urban Decay's Deluxe line. There are nine shades, and they range from tame, everyday shades to wild, fun brights. I really appreciate that fact about this palette--I can take my look from day to night easily. The Deluxe shadow formula is absolute heaven--the shadows are MEGA pigmented and VERY smooth. They are shimmer shades, and do not contain any chunks of glitter that Urban Decay is so very famous for. The staying power of the shadows is also awesome--I found that for some of these, I didn't even need a primer. This is a great value for the price, especially considering how big the shadows are--you really get a lot of product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mamagrubbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this shadow box i have 4 different shadow boxes from UD! randsom is my fave bc i have brown eyes and purple looks great with them! i always use the eyeshadow primer under the eye shadows and stays all day and the color is still bright!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by tv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product! It looks so wild in the packaging, but it's great even when you're doing more toned down looks. The colors look the same on my eyes as they do in the box. The shadows stay on all day, and they're so smooth it feels like you're putting velvet on your eyelids. This is surprisingly versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by vwzen81

I have the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol II, the Ammo Palette and I most recently purchased the Deluxe Shadow Box. I wish I had bought this palette a long time ago but I was on the fence about it because I already owned one of the colors in the palette (I bought it as a single shadow). I love all 3 of my Urban Decay Palette’s and I’m not sure I could pick a favorite but if I had to it would be between the Book of Shadows and the Deluxe Shadow Box. However, the Deluxe Shadow box has a slight upper hand on the Book of Shadows because none of the shadows in the Deluxe palette have chunky, fall all over your face glitter. Also, I really love to wear bright shadows and the Deluxe palette has quite a few really bold/bright shadows. My favorite shadow in the Deluxe palette is Peace, it is a very intense turquoise blue, so gorgeous! I wish they would make a new Deluxe palette with the other deluxe shadows that are missing from this palette because I want them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by figgityfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The only Urban Decay products I was a fan of were:Eyeshadow Transforming Potion, Eyeshadow Primer Potion,Lip Primer Potion, and Neutral 24/7 Glide on Lip pencils, UNTIL one day I bought the deluxe eyeshadow Heat and noticed how easy it was to blend and how vibrant the color was. I realized that the deluxe shadows were so different than the too glittery/fall out regular eyeshadows. Then a few months I was visiting an Ulta (a store similiar to Sephora, but includes high end and drug store makeup and a hair salon) an Urban Decay makeup artist pointed out the Deluxe Shadow Box to me. She asked me me what kind of makeup did I wear and I told her I love neutral and wild eyeshadows. She did my makeup (a very dramatic purplish smokey eye) and I was sold. The eyeshadows in this kit are gorgeous! My favorite color in the kit is honey because I can't find a true yellow gold like this anywhere (not even MAC-and I love MAC eyeshadows). I am going to buy this again (if I run out).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by patygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nc40. colors are original but not versatile. they aren't as smooth for some reason either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Aniiii

This palette is so handy. I find myself using the colors a lot of the time as well! And for 36 dollars, you're getting 9 good quality, well pigmented eyeshadows. With that money you can buy about 2 MAC eyeshadow, and in some cases only 1 single shadow in some top brands. UD is a very high quality and still very funky and playful.

I. LOVE. THE. PACKAGING. Oh my goodness, it is absolutely gorgeous and describes the entire company of UD very well. UD is all about funky colors and sassy attitude.

I'd definitely buy this product again, although I don't know when I will because this product will last me a forever and a half!