Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

4.3

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 407, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

nothing but raves for this product.

background: i dont smoke or drink coffee or tea, but i admit that i'd been bad about not brushing twice a day every day, and my teeth were starting to look yellow, especially on the edges, in between teeth.

i got this at walmart for around 5 bucks, so the price is awesome.

it comes in a tube and the product is dispensed easily but doesnt go all over the place.

AND IT WORKS! yay!

the directions say you can apply it several ways, with a qtip, brush it on, or use trays.

i apply it with a qtip, BUT i always make sure i dry my teeth off beforehand. i really think this helps it stick to the teeth and work better.

so, i dry my teeth, dab on a generous amount with a qtip, and then leave it for 25 minutes. directions say it isnt active for more than 20 minutes, but you know, just in case ;) and it starts working AFTER 5 minutes, not that its DONE at 5 minutes! so i dunno why other reviewers took it off so soon!

after 25 minutes, i spit it out and use my toothbrush to brush it off. then i rinse and spit a couple times.

of note:
-- dont talk why you have it on! if i keep my mouth shut it stays in place perfectly, but if i talk it starts to make me drool a little.
-- its supposed to be used twice a day every day for at least a couple weeks, but i forget, and only use it once a day for 3 days at a time or so, and then skip a day or 2. but i've still gotten obvious results after about a week.
-- oh, and it actually tastes pretty good! not an overpowering mint, and you dont taste any chemicals underneath the mint flavor
-- and lastly, i had NO tooth sensitivity, which i got a lot of when using the strips from various brands.

in short, i prefer this over the strips. they stay on place abd IMO, work better, and is waaayyyy cheaper! will definately rebuy!

UPDATE 02/20/12:
juswt figured i'd warn people that this DOES expire! i ended up with over 1/2 a tube of expired product-- all runny and nasty :(

i'll re-buy this, but i'll make sure i use it all up next time!

I too bought this on a Kandee Johnson recommendation. I bought 2 sport mouth guards from Wal Mart and made my molded trays.
I've only been using it for a week and I'm loving the results! I do it twice a day, sometimes once if I have a busy day. I leave them on for longer than 5 mins....anywhere from 15 to 30. I can't wait to see how white my teeth are after the full 2 weeks!
I couldnt imagine using this without the mouth guards...its seems the gel would just slip off and transfer to the lips/gums! The trays keep it right in place. I'll never buy Crest Strips again...I hate how achy they made my teeth feel and how they only covered the front part of your teeth!

I can't wait to see where I am, after the two weeks. I can tolerate this a lot better, than crest's strips. The taste is gross, when you get it on your tongue and if you bite down too much, the gel might come apart from the mouth guard. I was hoping the gel would be packed in the tube, like toothpaste, but it's not. So, I don't think you get as much as you can. But regardless, it's 10 dollars. Now those annoyances aside, it's a great product. My teeth are already two shades lighter. As for sensitivity, I haven't experienced any:)

I'm a really big advocate of just whitening my teeth with straight hydrogen peroxide as a out rinse which works awesome as daily whitening and is infinitely better than paying hundreds of dollars for white strips and trays ect. But this is very very cheap and works faster than peroxide rinse but also makes my teeth sensitive . definitely noticeably whiter 5 min after using this. I probably do this once every couple weeks and rinse with peroxide everyday and my teeth are very white. Don't know why anyone would buy a more expensive whitening system when this is just as strong and like 5$ a tube.

I have been using this stuff for years and people always ask me if my teeth are real or veniers. I like this more than the crest whitestrips because it delivers the same results for only a fraction of the price. It also doesn't make your teeth super sensitive and achy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Like a lot of people, I saw this on Kandee Johnson's video. I went through the entire first bottle with the mouthguard technique and it did NOTHING!
My sister purchased it about a month later and I noticed that it had a minty smell when the bottle I bought didn't. After a week of her using it her teeth were whiter than mine and she had her braces on for five years!
So I went and bought another tube for myself and made sure that it smelled minty... for some reason that made sense in my mind. Maybe my first one was defected? Well, I currently have the mouthguard in my mouth and I've been using it for about four days and my teeth are already so white! My boyfriend even noticed and he doesn't usually notice anything like that. (Oh, and it's not a weird unnatural white!)

This product didn't make my teeth sensitive, but it does hurt your gums if you let it sit on them for too long! It says on the tube to take off the product immediately if it gets on your gums, but I haven't had any major problems with it besides a little TINY bit of pain if it makes its way onto my gums!

UPDATE!: I continued to use this and now I actually don't like it one bit and I wouldn't buy it again. It just didn't work anymore. I'd rather just shell out the extra money and get Advanced Seal Crest Whitestrips.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I saw this product on KandeeJohnson's youtube and was super excited to try it out. The price was very reasonable, and there was alot of raves about the it. Well, I was very disappointed upon trying it. My teeth are pretty white as is, so I was expecting to see some pretty quick results. Boy, was I disappointed. I used it twice a day, 25 minutes mins each time for two weeks and hardly saw any results. Now I don't smoke and I don't drink tea. Plus, the gel kept moving around in my mouth!

I was really skeptical in the beginning about this product 'cause I've used some other whiteners before and I didn't notice any change, but now nearly 2 weeks later I'm able to say I really feel this is an amazing stuff. It really works and I think specially with yellowish spots next to gums. I've been using this with trays twice a day and I'm starting using it every second day for the next two weeks. I think that would be enough to keep my teeth in this natural white. Note: do not expect your teeth to get as white as if you have a proffesional whitening, you won't get that fake white that everybody knows it's not natural.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This whitener doesn't make my teeth sensitive like all of the whitestrips I've tried. I threw out the cheap tooth trays that came with this and bought the $1 mouthguards from the sporting goods section at Walmart. I followed the instructions with those to make custom teeth trays.

I usually use this while showering so I don't have to worry about drooling, LOL. I often leave them in longer than five minutes and don't have any problems with it. I like that I'm able to whiten all of my teeth, not just the ones in front like whitestrips do, and you can really get the gel in between your teeth and on the insides too.

Bottom line - great product, great results, but throw out the cheep tray and get better ones!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. My new HG whitener. My teeth are pretty white to begin with, but do experience some staining from red wine. Like many others I purchase mouthguards from the sports section (youth size, since adult looked too large) and prepared those as the directions said. I take a q-tip and kind of run it over my teeth to take away some of the moisture, then use the other end to apply the gel. I just use a tiny amount (about the size of the q-tip head) to cover all of my upper OR lower teeth, whichever I'm whitening at teh time. I have never experienced any of the foaming like other posters or like I have seen in some beauty videos. I think this is because of using the mouthguards/tray, and using a small amount.
I only whiten once every two weeks, as this is enough for my needs. I have been very pleased with the results, and with the price I now prefer this to the old whitestrips I was using.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools