September 30, 2014 | 1721 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

This is cult favorite product for a reason, it's awesome! I think the best way to apply this is with your fingers because it starts off really sheer, but the more you work it into your skin, the tackier it gets and the more you can build up the coverage, then once it truly sets it's relatively transfer resistant. It will make your skin glow!! I would just be careful with a product like this that you cleanse really well at the end of the day. It doesn't just sit on the surface of your skin, it really sinks it and that's why it looks so beautiful and natural. Makes your legs look awesome too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only foundation I will use from MAC. I find this is the only foundation in their line that isn't too pink or too yellow, it matches perfectly. I love in the summer I can wear a sheer finish and in winter I can build it up more and it still looks great. The only thing I find is over time, when I take the lid off, the product has leaked out in the cap. Other than this I still love it and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by emilyboswall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have seen this foundation been hyped up about a lot, and I seriously don't know what all the fuss is about! Yeah, its a good foundation and suits dry skin well but expensive for what it is, as I find it really doesn't cover much (why should we spend money on no result?) but...it has a extremely dewy finish and no matter how much you put on it has no cakiness and doesn't feel like its 'weighing you down'. I can't wait until it is summer, as I think this foundation suits lazy days in the sun (also contains spf) when you don't want to feel covered in foundation. I personally think the packaging is crap for the price as it is just a plastic bottle and the top gets really messy. I probably wouldn't' buy this again as it doesn't give enough coverage, but may suit you well if you have nice skin and no redness or spots (I literally mean perfect as it is such a low coverage!) Hope that helped you decide! X

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't need another foundation really, but i have been wanting to try this for a mighty long time.
The reason why i have never give it a go was because I don't like dewy foundations, they always give me a greasy look, case in point when Chanel came out with vitalumiere I quickly went out to the counter and bought one, it look nice at first, but once a couple of hours gone past i look like a disco ball.
I don't have oily skin but i have combo skin with oily t-zone, my preference have always been matte/semi matte finish foundation.
My recent foundations on rotations are Bourjoirs Heathy Mix, Bourjoirs 10 hour sleep effect, Boots No7 Beautifully Matte and MAC pro long wear. For work I usually reach out for Boots No 7 or MAC pro long wear, just because of their lasting powder and I don't need to powder.
Then I rewatched some of Lisa Eldridge's video and face and body foundation got mentioned again, so I read the MUA reviews, and decided to go to the counter and try this on.
Now I wear NC20 in prolong wear and with all the reviews I read I should be matched with a C2, however when I get to the counter, C2 looks very yellow, in fact I find it even yellower than prolong wear. (and I would actually prefer a tad less yellow in prolong wear but it blends well so it still works)
So the MAC mua said to me if i don't like C2 I can try N2 instead, she then put a layer on with brush and I kinda touch my face to see how tacky it is, and surprisingly it is actually not tacky at all. In fact while its kinda wetter than my other matte foundations, its not tacky. I was very happy with the texture.
I looked in the mirror after getting out of the shopping center confirmed that N2 is my colour. The foundation disappeared and blends seamlessly.
How I would describe this is a very sheer foundation and the kickass bit about this is that it evens out my skin tone so well, it doesn't cover well though, at the moment i have a couple of spots and i need concealer for that but for the redness on my cheeks, it just toned it down so much.
And I look like I didn't wear make up, just my own skin but much neater.
I powder, because I use powder blushes mostly and also because I want to powder especially on my tzone. Now in the last couple of days with work I was doing something different and it requires me a little physical work, which meant I did sweat a little.
But my foundation did not slide, did not transfer onto my white shirt (collar), nor my face looks like a grease ball.
To be honest I would not call this a dewy foundation myself, I would probably described it as a satiny finish.... like there is a glow, but not greasy or oily.
You will need to work fast with this, it came out like water (think daniel sandler water-colour blush) but it sets very quickly especially when you start spreading on your face, work fast and you will see the result.
Everyday I deep cleanse my face and have no breakouts nor clogged pores. I have a little handheld facial cleaner (similar to clarisonic but not quite, its a japanese invention that uses ions to suck out dirty bits in your pores), I must say liquid foundations require much more cleaning than powder/cream foundations, they still get into your pores even the foundation doesn't sink into them.
So I wear NC20 in prolong wear, 52 in all Bourjoirs foundations, and I use N2 in this (but I have spoken with 2 other MAC mua at another counter and before even testing they just said oh I am a C, because of my asian skin). I'd recommend to try out the foundation and get a shade you are most comfortable with instead of following those colour codes, to me they are just a guide and sometimes doesn't work. Despite I have yellow skin my cheeks are nearly always quite rosy naturally and have a fair bit of pink. If anything I would say I am more a neutral skin tone.
N2 doesn't look pink when it pours out, unlike NW foundations that looks visibly pink based.
I am pleasantly surprised by this foundation, for $49 aud (small bottle) its certainly not a cheap foundation, but I think its an acceptable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by serenas87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation now for 2 years and it's definitely one of my all time favourites. This is one product I don't think I could be without in my makeup collection. I still remember the moment the makeup artist at mac applied it on my face and my skin just looked like it was glowing from within. I want my foundation to have a dewy glow (as in I don't prefer the matte look on my dry skin) and this is just so perfect for that. If you're looking for super full coverage and a matte finish then this foundation is not for you.
As in coverage, this is where I think the product sells itself because its so buildable. Most of the days I can get away with a single layer, but if I'm having a bad skin day and I want to pile the foundation on in layers for extra coverage it never gets cakey on me! It just melts into my skin, provides the coverage I need no matter how much I pack on, doesn't accentuate my dry skin, gives a lovely dewy glow without me looking like a greaseball. For reference I'm an nc35 and I wear the shade c3 - c4 depending on the seasons.
Also I realized you can apply it pretty much any way you like, I didn't notice too much of a difference. Any brush, sponge will do. I even remember reading a review where someone said they had much better results using their fingers.
Overall I highly recommend this foundation if you like light - medium coverage thats easily buildable, and prefer a more natural looking effect. I will repurchase over and over and over :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

While I enjoyed using this product, I found the coverage to be very light - almost too light, only lasting about 3 hours before it looked like I was wearing no makeup at all! It did help me feel like my skin could breather beneath my makeup, however, and the packaging is effective, but overall I wouldn't buy this again; the smell of paint isn't something I want to wear on my face either!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Live this foundation it's amazing gives your a really glowy look without looks overly greasy ! I have pretty dry skin ! I can't really see this working for oily skins tho ! ... I have it in c3 and in an nc30-40 ... It just looks like your own skin ! I get so many compliments when I wear this foundation ... Usually all mac foundations are awful there way to caky and smell gross ... But this is the exception ! There's a reason all makeup makeup artists use this for photo shoots and runways !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by alynicole

i was hoping i would like this product but i didnt. mostly because i have oily skin and by the end of the day my face looked awful!! it would slip and slide on my face all day and i would look so oily, even with a powder. DO NOT buy this if you have oily skin!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I really did like this product the only problem is my skin didn't. I normally prefer a full coverage foundation as I have acne prone skin and due to this I have a good amount of staining on my cheeks. Typical full coverage foundations would just show up the dryness and flakes caused by my acne medicine so I decided to go with something lighter. When I first tried this I loved it! I believe I purchased this in the lightest color and the match was pretty spot on. The finish was natural and dewy which is what I prefer in a foundation. I would apply two layers of this.I would apply the first layer, let it dry while I did my eye make up then apply the second. I had no problems at all with building the coverage. The consistency of this is very liquidy which I didn't mind, I found this easy to apply with my fingers. The look this provides is very natural, almost like you have nothing on at all. However the downside is my skin didn't like it and this almost always broke me out. I was getting new pimples more frequently so I stopped using this and then my skin cleared up. Now that I stopped using this all together, my skin isn't breaking out nearly as much. This was a nice product, I would say its more a tinted moisturizer than foundation. If you aren't prone to acne and like a light to medium coverage I'm sure you will love this. I would just recommend being cautious when trying this if you are prone to acne like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product deserves SO much praise, everyone needs to try it, I like a full foundation, I live in a very hot and humid country in the summer and it's the only foundation that doesn't melt off my face, even though it is sheer, it's easily buildable and looks incredible all day.