April 20, 2014 | 1455 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by allisonb93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first MAC foundation I ever bought. And it is my holy grail foundation. I've bought a few ones after this one from other brands just to try new things. But nothing compares to this.

I have combo skin that leans on the dry side on some parts, as long as you put on a good c base skincare you can use this if your skin is a little bit dry.

It is a light coverage but it is build able. Work with it a little bit to figure out the best way to apply it. I put it on with my fingers and really push it into my skin like I would with skincare, I get the most natural look with it. I put a light layer obre my whole face then go back on my red areas with another light layer, then pin point conceal with a concealer. I find most people don't need a full coverage foundation, or even as much foundation as they think they need.

It's better to go for a lighter coverage foundation and then pinpoint conceal in your bad areas that way it doesn't look cakey. If you have lots of acne it looks better this way even if you have lots of spots to conceal pinpoint concealing will make your overall face smoother and not as noticeable like a mask. I have normally like 3-10 blemishes at all times due to hormonal breakouts and lots of redness on my cheeks but I can use this foundation to cover all of it, when used the right way.

You get 4 oz for 30$ which normal MAC foundations go for 30$ for 1 oz, MAC now has 2 sizes in this foundation, the bigger bottle is a better deal money wise.

This is the foundation most makeup artists use on the runway, if you look at any face charts you are likely to see this foundation.

The finish is a very natural skin finish, I sometimes use powder just in my t zone but it makes your skin so fresh and plump looking if you leave the rest of your face unpowderd!
Great for magic skin because it gives that youthful glow back, I think matte foundations can look really bad sometimes on mature skin and can age people. But not this one! I highly recommend !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ParisienneB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I repurchased this after trying several foundations.. First time I tried it was almost 3 years ago and I should be honest, one of the worst foundation experiences ever. But, then I found out that I never had dry skin, I have very dehydrated skin and it took a while to find the right products for my skin. Anyway back to the foundation..

It comes in a huge bottle (120 ml) for 35 euros but nowadays you can repurchase a smaller bottle of 50 ml for 33 euros. Well, I would say that it's better to go for the bigger one and then buy a smaller bottle if you go lighter or darker depending on the season. Indeed, the texture is very watery so I would recommend using your hands to apply this. My personal opinion is that it "disappears" on the skin while using your hands while it takes a little bit more time with a brush (used real techniques expert face brush). The coverage is light but buildable, I would say that you can work it up to medium without looking like you're wearing a mask. You do feel it once you apply it but after a couple of minutes that feeling goes away. Ok, it's not Armani maestro foundation on the skin so you're gonna "feel it", this is nothing that bothers me at all but I guess some people can have a problem with it.

I absolutely love this foundation cause it's natural looking. I need most of the coverage on my cheeks I only put a thin layer all over the face and then I go back and apply more where it's needed. If you have big spots I would recommend a good full-coverage concealer to cover your imperfections. It leaves the skin looking stunning, people always say that my skin looks perfect and can't believe that I'm wearing foundation. So I can honestly say that it looks like my skin but perfected.

Even though it's recommended for dry skin I wouldn't recommend it for very dry skin, since I remember that I was using it while I had dry patches and it looked awful. If you're looking for matte finish I wouldn't either go for this one, it's a dewy finish so powder is necessary (or else you will look like you've been on the gym for 2h).

About the staying power.. I'm impressed, on my skin it lasts pretty good for 8h. I do need to powder it during the day though. I think really that you should give this one a try if you have dry/normal/combination skin and want something natural. If you have a lot of imperfections, use a good concealer and give this one a try. For very oily skin and very dry skin, I don't think this would be your HG foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I am not a huge fan of this foundation, I find it is far to water based. it makes my skin very oily and often caused me to break out. the coverage is low.
if you have dry skin and want the 'my skin but refreshed look' than I guess this foundation would be suitable for you.
the price is good as you get 120ml for around £20 however I do not like the packaging as it is not secure if you put it in your bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I really like this foundation. It's not a perfect match to my skin (N1) because I'm so fair, but I set it with a lighter powder to combat that. I find that if I don't let my moisturizer sink in completely before I apply this, the foundation will streak and then slip off. It also layers pretty well but I have to let each layer set before I add another. The coverage is minimal but that's why I bought it, because I wanted something light and breathable. So far I really enjoy the look and feel of this foundation and will keep using it until I find reason not to.

UPDATE: I found a solution for the slight lack of coverage and color issue. I mix 3 parts of the MAC foundation in N1, and 1 part of my DINAIR airbrush foundation in Vanilla. This gives it just a little more coverage, fixes the color match issue, AND I enjoy the consistency a lot more. I'm still only giving this 4 stars because I find my other products don't layer as well over it. But so far, I'm REALLY liking this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by faithybee

This is perfect for summer makeup or when you want a nice dewy light coverage. I was wary of trying this as water based but so glad I tried it! I brought larger size for £22 as seemed better value really. I have oily t-zone but to my surprise even on hotter days this foundation stays put. I wouldn't say that it's particularly buildable so if you're looking to cover anything severe up this isn't for you. My main pro of this product is the dewyness and how breathable and light it feels on skin. Main con is the transfer! I find this problem with all my mac foundations but this one in particular is the worst! Even with transparent finishing powder, still a problem. Also even with a primer I found that it doesn't stay put all day. I'm not one for reapplying or touching up throughout the day though and my skin is mildly oily but with a primer I get about 6-8 hours of reasonable wear which I'm happy with. I apply with stippling brush, as quite a wet product, and wait around 5 minutes before continuing with the rest of my makeup. I have this in shade C6 which is a perfect match for me normally NW45-ish. I'm interested to see how it fares in colder weather too...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. I feel like this looks like my skin but glowy and even. I'm around NC30 and I use c3. Great match! Staying power is pretty good. I must note that I typically have oily skin but I'm on accutane so my skin is on dry side. I still moisturize and use a primer before I apply the foundation. Also, I like how this photographs. Makes my skin look fresh and dewy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by LuluHatesMilk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in C4. i had to write a review because i think people buy this foundation not being fully aware of what its meant for. i have oily/combo skin, not acne prone and need little coverage. since this foundation is water based it does separate a bit, so shake before applying. It was create for light AND build able coverage. for light coverage shake bottle then apply to the face with a brush (sponge will absorb water based foundations.) for heavier coverage take the foundation and warm it up between your fingers and it will thicken , the longer you warm it up, the more it will thicken. stay away from this product if you want a heavy coverage. it does leave a dewy finish but powder before applying blush/bronzer after 5-10 mins to avoid cakey-ness. if you have dry skin and usually use a heavy moisturizer try a lighter one under this product because its dewy effect.
i love this foundation even though i have oily skin because it lasts all day with powder and is the perfect shade. it DOES NOT separate around my nose eithier , which i havent found another foundation that doesn't.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by kels1190

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I see where people say that Mac is thick and everything, but I like that out of foundation. I guess it is all in what you preffer. This foundation seems to last most of the day, and I really like it. Little pricey, but Mac just is expensive anyway. I don't mind paying more for something I actually like though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I find this foundation to be pretty sheer and I'm ok with that. I don't have completely clear skin but I also don't like cakey/mask like foundation especially in the summer. This is a great light foundationand it blends so easlity. On days where I need extra coverage, I add 1 pump of MAC Pro Longwear concealer to 1 drop of face and body and make myself a medium to full coverage foundation. On great skin days I use the foundation alone and spot conceal. I always set my foundation with a powder especially in the summer. For Reference I am a C3 in FNB in all other MAC foundations I am an NC35. When tan (hotter months) I use C5 which is like NC37-NC40.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by KylaMiller

I have tried all different kinda of foundations, both MAC brand and other brand. Most people's complaint for MAC foundations is that it is too thick and 'cakey' I found that MAC's face and body is a GREAT option for people looking for medium coverage. It comes in a bottle and Is usually applied with a brush. I think it's a great deal for $20 dollars and how much product you get (much cheaper than other MAC foundations) I would and have repurchased this many times! Also great for the summer when it's hot out and you only want light coverage!