January 27, 2015 | 2031 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This shadow is incredibly smooth and a blending dream! This shadow is perfect for blending out harsh lines, for a base, a highlight, and for a lid color. This is one of the best shadows I have ever bought. It's great for erasing little mistakes made with shadow as well. This shadow is a bit on the light side so it can be overdone sometimes, but is great for mixing with other colors as well, so if it looks a little too light I lightly apply a light brown or taupe shadow over it. I use this everyday now. This was a great investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Queue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this without even swatching it because it was part of the Bella Swan look from Twilight, and I really love that look. I have to say that the purchase really worked out though, because I've used it often and it goes on so nicely. It's a good one to have in my collection. I will definitely repurchase when the time comes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is great. I use this when I do my smokey eyes, on my inner eyelids. It brightens up my eyes. I also use it to tidy up my eyeshadow at the end. I use a fluff brush (227) and a tiny bit of this shadow to wipe over any messy bits that shouldn't be there (lol.) It's a staple in my collection as it has no shimmer whatesoever and can be used with so many looks. IMO it's a must have for fair/medium and even dark toned ladies. Will deffo buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by MissShellDawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as a base for everything! I also use it as a pick me up when I don't feel like doing too much makeup. It is completely matte, which is great for a simple look, not to flashy. Overall, this color can be used alot, it has full coverage, which is hard to find. I will repurchase!

First from left in middle row.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

Blanc Type is matte2 (love, love, love this line). I would describe it as a really light beige color, almost white but not quite. I use it as a highlight on my brow and for a smokey eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by asgearhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

STAPLE. Better than Chanel. Takes years off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by katsud86

Blanc Type is the only re-purchase mac e/s Iíve made (only because I donít wear a lot of powder shadows, if any)ÖBUTÖIíve purchased this 3 times!! I love the formulations of the matte2 shadows; it literally feels like butta, itís so smooth and creamy. Iíve noticed the matte formulations tend to hardened and form weird bumps and I feel I need to scrape it to get some color but enough about the texture.
The color blanc type is a great all-over and highlighter color, I want to describe it a cream color and it looks great on my brow bone because itís not flashy so it doesnít look like a highlight and it blends into my skin tone. I use it everyday. I love it so much I have one in pot form to throw in my makeup bag and one in my palette. This is my HG shadow.
(Confession: Did anyone purchase this purely the fact that it was used on Kristen Stewart for Twilight, because I certainly did and I must say, Iím glad I did)

If I have to say the downside of it is, because of the creamy soft texture, you do need to be careful because it does easily crack (eek). Also, you must tap the access off because youíll be left with a super pigmented highlight, unless you are going for that then proceed 

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the must haves eyeshadow, it is one of the best highlights (aside from my lovely soft brown and shroom). Its the perfect highlight if you're creating dramatic looks - in which case you would need a matte highlight to even it out and tone it down. Works well with any eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by watsonsmummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've worn my makeup pretty much the same way for 22 years - black brows, white or vanilla eyeshadow, and vibrant lips. Blanc Type is the BEST all-over eyeshadow I have ever used. The texture is velvety smooth, perfectly pigmented, and NOT chalky. It's about 1/2 shade lighter than my NW15 skin so it subtly but powerfully brightens my eyes without making the brow look puffy like white can do. Perfect inner corner color. I also pat it over spots of concealer and it really helps to cover my acne marks. I will repurchase again and again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is a little bit more ivory than my skintone (NC15). I like the to use it as a matte highlighter on my brow bone because if I wear shimmer there I end up looking like a drag queen. I tend not to wear it on the lid as it falls a little flat as its too close to my skintone. It has a nice texture but for me Brule has has more pigment as my brush picks up more eyeshadow from Brule. They are interchangable shades for me. (Brule is a little warmer). I don't think BT is particularly unique as drugstores are starting to release matte shades now but it's a nice staple from MAC. When I run out I will prob stick with Brule rather than buy another Blanc Type. My HG brow bone highlighter is Boots no7 eyeshadow in Innonece as it's a pearlier, nicer Blanc Type imo.