Rimmel Hide the Blemish

3.0

ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, TALC, OZOKERITE, POLYETHYLENE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PARAFFIN, POLYISOBUTENE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, SILICA, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, LECITHIN,SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BARIUM SULFATE (CI 77120),

While this product is very opaque, which I appreciate, it's also cakey like a mother. Don't even attempt to use this on undereyes. As for the main purpose, blemishes, it will cover... but in an obviously fake way :( I tried to make it work so many times, but no matter what, it never looked right.

While I don't love this as a concealer at all, because it's too cake on my dry skin, it makes an amazing primer/base for shadows! I don't use high end makeup, so I was looking for a cheap base or primer from the drugstore, and the options are few and far between. One day, I decided to try this, and it worked wonders. I really notice when I'm in a rush and forget to use it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i bought this in ivory and i find it a way too light. it blends out too much as well. if i was going to buy it again, i would go for a darker tone. i thought ivory would work as i use rimmel in ivory 100

It's great for hiding blemishes and redness around the nose but it's quite heavy so over applying will look cakey! But just a small amount hides imperfections really well! Do not use under the eyes because it's too heavy.
The down sides is it wares off kinda quickly and does look cakey if you use to much.
But over all great for hiding imperfections.
I won't buy it again though cus I prefer liquid concealers :) id give this one a miss.

I agree with the reviews that this concealer is cakey. I tried to use it over moisturiser but it didn't help. Will not recommend.
EDIT: I want to change my review. This concealer is great for hiding skin imperfections. It's not good for under eye area though.

I'm not a fan of this concealer, I much much much prefer Rimmel's 'Clear Complexion' coverstick which they used to sell along side this (which has now changed to a horrible powder form). This concealer is very cakey and greasy on the skin. I would never repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really, really hate this concealer. I picked it up from the drug store as my own Clinique concealer had run out. It's too thick, it looks really cakey, doesn't cover my dark circles or any blemishes and I just think it's horrible. Never buying this product again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

as a concealer this is not the greatest ..however i recently tried this as an eyeshadow base/primer and wow!!! This held my eyeshadow on better than any primer i have used before, it made my eyeshadow color more vibrant and lasted all day! This is way better than my mac paint pot . If you wear glittery eye shadows like urban decay's Try this as your base, you will be amazed!!

Can I give some advice to the ladies who find it cakey for the undereye area. I always apply stick concealers with a damp sea sponge. It is much better for the delicate under eye area anyway and the make up goes on smooth. I draw the concealer on and even put some on the lid area as a base for my eye make up. You then wet your sea sponge and wring it so that it is just slightly damp. Blend the concealer until you have the look that you need.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I found this concealer to be very average. It is better at concealing eye bags or dark circles rather than blemishes but if you use even a little too much I find that this tends to cake really easily. Also because the skin under my eyes can be a little uneven, this would make my foundation patchy which is definitely not a good look. The consistency is nice and creamy and glides on okay and the stick formula makes it easy to apply. I am happy that it didn't cause a skin reaction as I have quite sensitive skin, but overall this didn't work for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials