September 22, 2014 | 1073 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Hide the Blemish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rgrsinc

Great color range and really does the job. Great for undereye area as well and never cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by vivirocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i only have 6 words for this. what the hell is this crap.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by JGuan56

EW EW EW!! HORRIBLE!!! It looked sooo cakey and didn't belnd well what so ever although it glided on the skin very nicely and smoothly which I liked but this actually broke me out like no other!! The next day I had 2 big pimples and a bunch of little ones!! This concealer ruined my life at the time being! Although I love the packaging and It was $2 at my local shoppers drug mart which is dirt cheap too bad it sucked! The packaging was nice and convienent... Great price, nice packaging now if the product itself wasn't so bad that would be nice. Aside from the aftermath of the concealer the coverage was absolutely nothing but cakey and it looked like I just slapped a bunch of gunk on my face or completely forgot to blend because of the cake-e-ness of it!! It DID however give me sheer coverage in the under eye dark circle department though... but guess what? I got a tiny pimple right under my eye :(!! For acne scares it didn't give me coverage either only cake-e-ness once again! This product was a serious dissapointment because I love Rimmel London products: one of my favorite mascaras, foundations, and eye liners are from Rimmel! But as for this concealer I seriously hate it with a passion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

This is NASTY. This concealer claims to be a creamy one that effectively conceal spots, blemishes and under-eye circles. I do not have many blemishes, but when I used this on them it caked and made it look like I had dry crusty spots on my face. ICK. I didn't use a lot of product either. I don't find the texture creamy; infact, I find it dry. For undereye circles, it makes them look even worse. Worst of all it BREAKS ME OUT, the ingredients list is dreadful. I would not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This sucks. Simply put.
Doesn't cover blemishes, doesn't cover redness, doesn't cover dark circles!
It's cakey and looks powdery, and it doesn't do anything for my awful dark circles.
I wouldn't reccomed this at all.
Not at all.
Never again.
It's awful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

There are plenty of ingredients here that could aggravate breakouts. So I wouldn't suggest this for active acne unless you're using it on a special occasion, one-day cover kind of situation. *BUT* for my now 40-ish, combination skin, this was a really good, inexpensive DS find. If you sort reviews by age, you'll see the other mature ladies agree with me. When I ran out of StudioStick + needed something to hold me over until I could get to MAC, I searched the DS shelves. This concealer comes in 4 shades. Cost is under $4. I prefer the texture vs. MaxFactor. While it is emollient, it has a psuedo-matte finish. I'm NW20 and I use 105 (the darkest shade) under my eyes ala Eve Pearl's salmon concealer method (see video for technique here,

). Then I use shade 103 everywhere else. I pat with a taklon brush b/c fingers seem to take off too much product. Damp sponge under eyes to get that just-right finish. IMO, applied with the RIGHT TOOLS, and for a combination or dry skin type, this is a very good cream concealer. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by liananica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Ivory 001 for covering up pimples and red blemishes. It does a fine job in this departament.
I tried it for my under-eye circles and I didn't like it at all, it made even more visible the few fine lines that I have under the eyes. And after 2-3 hours it's not there anymore, so you need to reapply.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Everyone seems to be commenting on how well this product blends and glides on, so unless I got a dodge product I have to disagree. It is very dry, which makes it hard to blend and just too apply at all. Even when it does apply, it has the ability to cake over large blemishes and crack which looks awful. It doesn't work with my concealer brush, better off with just using my hands for this one. As for under eye circles, I would say it does a 75% job and although the concealer is very well colour matched to my skin it doesn't really match my foundation... and after applying you can still see a bit of the dark circles.

I always preferred liquid/moose concealers but my friend had commented on how great this one was so I gave it a try. I am not too disheartened as it was discounted (off the already very cheap price) so it didn't cost too much and I will use it as a back up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by slone76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product, it's cheap that's a plus but if you have oily skin....it should read "Produce the Blemish" on the brand. This product is great at sliding on perfectly, but that's the thing, it "slides." If you have oily, acne proned skin, and you are looking for a blemish to be covered for the day, this will not work for you. It would be a great product for extremely dry skin, and that's it! I bought one tube, and ended up using it on my eyelids for a base, and it didn't work well there either. Too greasy, colors are too off for anyone with olive skin tones, and it is so shiny in the tube that it reminds me of the lipstick that is in the play makeup kits that young children use to pretend they are wearing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by pixelprincess

This is one of the best concealers I've used. It is very creamy and it takes some effort to blend. I use it to cover under eye circles and the occasional spot. The ivory works very well with my skin tone. It is a little heavy and I always set it with powder but I suspect if you didn't set it with powder it might slide off.