November 23, 2014 | 1136 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Hide the Blemish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can I give some advice to the ladies who find it cakey for the undereye area. I always apply stick concealers with a damp sea sponge. It is much better for the delicate under eye area anyway and the make up goes on smooth. I draw the concealer on and even put some on the lid area as a base for my eye make up. You then wet your sea sponge and wring it so that it is just slightly damp. Blend the concealer until you have the look that you need.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this concealer to be very average. It is better at concealing eye bags or dark circles rather than blemishes but if you use even a little too much I find that this tends to cake really easily. Also because the skin under my eyes can be a little uneven, this would make my foundation patchy which is definitely not a good look. The consistency is nice and creamy and glides on okay and the stick formula makes it easy to apply. I am happy that it didn't cause a skin reaction as I have quite sensitive skin, but overall this didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by TheWeeJenny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a replacement for my old clean and clear stick as they now seem to only make a liquid clicky-pen version which doesn't work for me at all. This did the trick. It has the convenience and consistency of what I used to use and covers very well (especially if you put it on top of your foundation, I use it on top of a powder mineral foundation). It also seems to have something of an acne healing effect on my particular skin even though it isn't actually a medicated concealer. I'll put it on new breakouts even when I'm not going out because it helps dry them up nicely. ^_^

If I were to make any criticism at all it would be that it could probably come in a few more colours to suit a wider variety of skin tones. I'm extremely fair and the Ivory shade matches me just fine, but the darker shades aren't dark enough for some of my friends.

Overall I'm very pleased with it. I'll probably stock up just in case they stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rgrsinc

Great color range and really does the job. Great for undereye area as well and never cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by vivirocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i only have 6 words for this. what the hell is this crap.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by JGuan56

EW EW EW!! HORRIBLE!!! It looked sooo cakey and didn't belnd well what so ever although it glided on the skin very nicely and smoothly which I liked but this actually broke me out like no other!! The next day I had 2 big pimples and a bunch of little ones!! This concealer ruined my life at the time being! Although I love the packaging and It was $2 at my local shoppers drug mart which is dirt cheap too bad it sucked! The packaging was nice and convienent... Great price, nice packaging now if the product itself wasn't so bad that would be nice. Aside from the aftermath of the concealer the coverage was absolutely nothing but cakey and it looked like I just slapped a bunch of gunk on my face or completely forgot to blend because of the cake-e-ness of it!! It DID however give me sheer coverage in the under eye dark circle department though... but guess what? I got a tiny pimple right under my eye :(!! For acne scares it didn't give me coverage either only cake-e-ness once again! This product was a serious dissapointment because I love Rimmel London products: one of my favorite mascaras, foundations, and eye liners are from Rimmel! But as for this concealer I seriously hate it with a passion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

This is NASTY. This concealer claims to be a creamy one that effectively conceal spots, blemishes and under-eye circles. I do not have many blemishes, but when I used this on them it caked and made it look like I had dry crusty spots on my face. ICK. I didn't use a lot of product either. I don't find the texture creamy; infact, I find it dry. For undereye circles, it makes them look even worse. Worst of all it BREAKS ME OUT, the ingredients list is dreadful. I would not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This sucks. Simply put.
Doesn't cover blemishes, doesn't cover redness, doesn't cover dark circles!
It's cakey and looks powdery, and it doesn't do anything for my awful dark circles.
I wouldn't reccomed this at all.
Not at all.
Never again.
It's awful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

There are plenty of ingredients here that could aggravate breakouts. So I wouldn't suggest this for active acne unless you're using it on a special occasion, one-day cover kind of situation. *BUT* for my now 40-ish, combination skin, this was a really good, inexpensive DS find. If you sort reviews by age, you'll see the other mature ladies agree with me. When I ran out of StudioStick + needed something to hold me over until I could get to MAC, I searched the DS shelves. This concealer comes in 4 shades. Cost is under $4. I prefer the texture vs. MaxFactor. While it is emollient, it has a psuedo-matte finish. I'm NW20 and I use 105 (the darkest shade) under my eyes ala Eve Pearl's salmon concealer method (see video for technique here,

). Then I use shade 103 everywhere else. I pat with a taklon brush b/c fingers seem to take off too much product. Damp sponge under eyes to get that just-right finish. IMO, applied with the RIGHT TOOLS, and for a combination or dry skin type, this is a very good cream concealer. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by liananica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Ivory 001 for covering up pimples and red blemishes. It does a fine job in this departament.
I tried it for my under-eye circles and I didn't like it at all, it made even more visible the few fine lines that I have under the eyes. And after 2-3 hours it's not there anymore, so you need to reapply.