Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 1/17/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is only the second eyeliner I've ever purchased. I'm just not an eyeliner sort of person. I've never really like the way it looks on me because I'm super fair skinned, and so it shows up really dark though I have dark lashes anyway. I got this in espresso. It's a very deep brown which is good, because when I first looked at it, it seemed a lighter brown in the package than the actual product. The tiny pencil point is great for a thin line and you don't have to worry about sharpening. Since I don't have much experience with liner, I can't say that my review will really help anyone, but overall, I think it's a decent product. It's super cheap and the color is good. The smudger works well for me because I'm not a fan of a really defined line on my eyes. I like to use it on the top lid to make a winged out cat eye instead of on the bottom because I always end up with racoon eyes.

on 1/6/2011 11:35:00 AM

I've used this eyeliner for years now, mainly because I like the shade of brown for my brown eyes (not too dark and not too light). I've used other eyeliners both expensive and cheaper, but I always gravitate back to this one. I like the fact that you can 'sharpen' it by twisting the end. The eyeliner doesn't break off which sometimes other pencils do when being sharpened. I do use the smudger end, but maybe shouldn't as it does tug a bit at the delicate skin area. The only bi negative is that I do have to reapply it during the day as it tends to melt away and loses its initial definition around my eyes.

I guess I will stick to this one until I find something better with shade, convenience of use (sharpening), price point. I guess the lack of durability of the product is something that I can live with and have done so for many years now.

on 12/14/2010 9:27:00 PM

A very good liner, I get it in Black. It lasts quite awhile w/o running or streaking, it also glides on very well w/o tugging at your eyes. =)

on 11/24/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

impressive lasting power. i love the charcoal color. the smudger is also great. awesome price.

This used to be my HG. It was an upgrade from the pencil I was using previously. It comes off too easily and quickly. The cap at the smudger end falls off and is very small. I don'r recommend it.

on 11/3/2010 5:57:00 PM

Gives me raccoon eyes wayyy too quickly. By the end of the day it looks like I have black eyeshadow under my eyes.
It says waterproof on the packaging, but it's definitely not!
The packaging is bad too. The cap for the sponge tip falls off easily and it's a hassle to keep track of.
Maybe this is good for a beginner in makeup, because it glides on easily.

on 10/21/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. Smudges and wears off veryyy easily. Doesn't even last more then an hour. Breaks off very easily and I hate the rounded end. I like angles better. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

on 10/2/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I strongly dislike this eyeliner. I am very open to all sorts of brands and types of eyeliner, but this is not one of my favorites. The cons of this product are: it is not retractable. If you twist up too much, it's stuck that way, therefore it's more prone to breakage. It runs, doesn't have long lasting color, and I find it at times it does not want to go on. Once it finally does, it doesn'teven last, so this is not something I would recommend. I know that this was not a fluke in the mix because I in fact DID repurchase this eyeliner - twice - and had the same results.
I wouldn't suggest this to a friend.

on 9/19/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As soon as I applied this to my eyelids, little pieces began to break off. I will definitely never use it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am on the fence with this eyeliner. It does go on very smoothly and not too dark so for fair skinned people you can get a great application......however it does not last very long and smudges migrating below the point of application. If I didn't constantly "check" on it through out the day, by evening time I would have racoon eyes. Pretty disappointing as I love the way I can apply it to get a light or dark look.