Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 8/18/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This primer is a god send!! My skin is acne prone and also very oily, and I have been looking for a way to have my foundation stay longer and not turn into an oil slick in a matter of like two hours.
I read the reviews for it and was quite hesitant at first to try it since it seemed to make people oilier or break them out, but I tried it in store and just decided to try it since I would be able to take it back to the store if I didn't like it, and I am so glad I tried it!
This primer makes my T-zone matte all day and increases my foundations staying power A LOT! Also my pores look dramatically smaller right away. I would put my foundation on around 6 am and by 8 am my foundation would have dissapered and in its place would be oil.
Alittle goes a long way with this primer. I found out that when I put too much on, then it made the few dry flakes on like my nose, seem like a lot more than there actually is.
It is an expensive primer, I believe I got mine for $25, but this bottle will last me for months and months. This is my HG primer and I will most definently be buying this again.

on 8/14/2012 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I loved this when I first bought it, however, I recently discovered that this product was making my skin oilier rather than controlling shine. It smells ok, applies great and makes my foundation go on smoothly, but I have oil breakthroughs after four or five hours when I wear this and then again every two. When I skipped this and did the rest of my skincare routine, I went 7 hours with no breakthroughs and then just a little shine on my nose. I won't be buying this again.

on 8/12/2012 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all I had a horrible experience at Sephora. I was told I was being given a MUA to do my make-up and received a skincare specialist that had no idea instead (wasn't told until the horror was done). Anyways, I explained I couldn't do primers. That primers disagreed with me and never did anything for me (seriously I might as well be slapping more moisturizer on). I also strongly emphasized the fact that silicone in anything breaks me out and that I was very acne prone. So what does she do? She grabs this and cakes it on my skin. The "light" part about this seems like a lie. I broke out horribly and was so disappointed in trusting Sephora with my sensitive skin.

on 8/9/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So admittedly, this is my first primer. I was late to the primer party. I never understood the purpose but I finally bought a small size of this at Sephora when I went in for something else. I can see how it makes my foundation go on smoothly but I am unsure as to what else it does. I don't know if it really makes it last any longer. I first used it on a hot and humid day and I did have to apply powder before the evening was through, but I'm unsure if I would've had to do that regardless. I like the way it feels though and I like how light it is. I think that it does not make me breakout which is what my biggest fear was with a primer.

on 8/2/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried this Smashbox Primer after getting tired of my old primer (Philosophy The Present) not standing up to Oklahoma humidity anymore. I liked that this was oil-free as so many primers out there are not and I don’t trust an non-oil-free primer, as I’m prone to blackheads and breakouts. I bought the travel size of this to try it out and I’m glad I did. While it was good and lasted longer than The Present, it wasn’t great. I would still have to blot and touchup my makeup midday. I was using this every day just to keep oil at bay and it wasn’t doing what I needed it to. At least it did not aggravate my skin in any way. While finishing up the little tube of this, I got a sample of Smashbox’s original formula primer. I was thrilled to find out that the original formula is also oil-free, and it worked great. Even though the Light formula does feel a little lighter on my skin during application than the original formula does, after a few minutes of setting on the skin I feel no difference in weight between the two and the original out preforms Light. I’ve since switched to the original and won’t buy Light again.

on 7/25/2012 10:54:00 PM

Hated it. Immediately flaked on my skin once foundation was applied over it. Slid around like crazy on my skin, and makeup moved everywhere. Total disappointment.

on 7/25/2012 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

At first I bought this primer thinking that it would control my oily skin (WARNING: I am EXTREMELY oily), but unfortunately it didn't. Every time I pump a bit of this onto my fingers to spread onto my face it feels really soft, BUT I feel like it doesn't really "spread" all over my face. The worst part is that, after putting some of the product on my face, I looked at my two fingers that I just used and there is STILL primer on my fingers!!! And it was basically STUCK to my fingers in this weird texture and if i try to get the product off my finger and onto my skin, I felt that the whole primer that was supposedly already "on" my face would just rub off completely.... UGHH!! And as far as a foundation primer is supposed to be, this DID NOT help keep my MUFE HD foundation on longer or whatever AT ALL!!!

It is unfortunate that so many people have had bad experiences with this primer, because this is the only smashbox primer that I have tried that I love! This stuff holds my foundation like glue and gives my skin a beautiful matte appearance which is exactly what I wanted.
Benefits:
*Matte
*Not heavy. Put on after your moisturizer and you're set for the day
*A little goes a long way! I only use about the size of my pinky finger nail (or less!) and that covers my entire face.
*Not irriating. Melts into your skin like water

Originally bought this primer with the Smashbox Halo foundation, not a good combo on my skin. Works great with my other foundations though and holds all day!

I recommend this product for those who are looking to try a primer, who have combination skin and who want something ultra light.

on 7/16/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PLEASE think twice before you spend $36.00 on this primer! I was dying to try this stuff out - Fantasies of my oily skin looking matte and beautiful were quickly squashed after I wore this the first time...and the time after that...and the time after that. I wore my regular light suncreen/moisturizer underneath the primer as the box instructed. The result was a dry, caky looking face. And I have oily skin! It's difficult for my skin to become dry. Throughout the day, my skin became oilier, so it didn't do a great job of combating the shine like it promised. Oh, and the packaging is totally sub-par for the amount of money you're spending, not to mention there's hardly any product in the tube! If anything, this stuff made my skin look worse. Oh, and I noticed that it also made my blush/bronzer look totally streaky! Gross. Very disappointed - I will be returing this to Ulta soon!

Just didn't work... didn't fill in the lines under my eyes (not wrinkles but under the eye area is normally always very delicate and prone to creasing) didn't work.. really sad.