September 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Good cleansing oil but I didn't like the smell and it didn't remove my estee lauder double wear :D it did make my skin look brighter the first 2 days I used it and soft after every use, but I bough it to remove makeup. I could see this working better to break down mineral, and powder foundation. Do invest in the pump its only 1$

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by crdimalla

Recently I'd been breaking out for hormonal reasons. This is unusual for me, I'm not exactly acne prone but I do have occasional blemishes. My skin is overall dry, with areas that end up shiny throughout the day, typically my T-Zone.

I wanted to find a cleanser that would help me create some kind of balance in my skin. Something gentle and moisturizing that wouldn't leave a film or clog my pores. I'm of the belief that any cleanser that strips your skin of anything other than the light layer of surface oils, is doing more harm than good.

I'm really happy I've found this cleanser. It comes in a huge bottle considering the type of cleanser and how it is used. It's a fairly viscous oil that smells quite a bit like lemon grass with maybe a light floral scent. If you look at the ingredient list, it's very natural and gentle, with plenty of skin healthy ingredients

I was fully prepared for this to leave somewhat of a film, but I was okay with that since my skin had been tight and taught feeling recently. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this cleanser actually washes completely off the face in a sort of double duty way. It removes all my make up and daily grime and leaves my skin soft.

This is definitely my HG cleanser which I've been using with my HG moisturizer, Kiehl's Panthenol/Protein.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like everyone else said, buy the pump; you won't be sorry you did. I used to use jojoba oil to get sunscreen and everything off, but switched to this because I wanted something clean rinsing. I had hoped to go from using J&J baby wash to just this, but when I used this in the morning, I noticed the smell lingered a bit and faded into something like BO. Now I just use it at night, one and a half or two pumps, depending on how much makeup I have on, and massage it all over for a while, then massage it off with a little bit of water and follow up with baby wash and the Clarisonic brush. It's not too drying, and my skin has never been better (knock on wood). It's a tiny bit pricey, but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkpanther88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser. I have combination skin...very oily t-zone, but also flakies all over (including t-zone). I have mild to moderate acne and a lot of generalized redness. This cleanser takes off all of my sunscreen (Shiseido, which is hard to get off) and foundation and any other makeup. You put it on your dry face and massage for a few minutes. Then you rinse it off - it has an emulsifier in it so it rinses off clean with water. I do not have to use another cleanser after this. It rinses off totally clean.

When I use toner afterward, there is not a trace of makeup on the cotton ball. I have used all kinds of cleansers, including ones that say they take off all makeup, and there is *always* makeup (foundation) on the toner cotton ball. But not with this.

My face feels clean but not tight. It can be drying to my skin in certain areas, so I've been using moisturizer, which I don't usually do, and it's working out great. My skin has fewer breakouts, is softer, pores smaller, just overall better.

I do not like the bottle because you have to pour it out on your hand. I transferred mine into a pump bottle which makes it much easier (and wastes less).

It's $18 at Macy's for 6.7 ounces. I've had it for 3 weeks, using it every night, and I still have half a bottle left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the third best cleansing oil I have ever tried. I love DHC and shu uemura but they're a little hard to get a hold of and they're pricey. This one is just as good and i can get it without buying a plane ticket or pay for shipping. The formula isn't as fine and light as the shu one but it last for a long time. I also like the fact it does not contain mineral oil, which i'm sensitive to. The price is okay for how long it lasts (had mine for about 10 months before i had to buy a refill). The only downside i have with this is that you have to buy a pump for this. All in all its a good product.I hope that they won't discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by acleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

so far I have been using this for a few weeks and my skin has completely turned around. I have been battling post-partum adult acne that has been very persistent and not responded to anything I tried - which was everything, including prescription Retin-A. This stuff is amazing, though, I have only had 2 small break-outs since I have started using it. It smells nice, does NOT leave your face feeling oily after using, doesn't contain any comedogenic ingredients, and with the pump, will clearly last a very long time. This is definitely a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

(Update 9.24.10)
Okay, so it took me quite a while to figure out that this was clogging my pores and leaving little whiteheads on my cheeks and jaws because I was in process of trying out a whole crapload of new products. But I eventually got it--this is definitely not the makeup remover for me. Like I said above, it left little clogged pores on my jaws and cheeks. Maybe it's all the essential oils? I'm going to try DHC and Fancl next so hopefully those will turn out to be a much better experience (/update)
I love this product! It doesn't break me out and instead, cleans my pores. I had a bit of purging the first week I used it because my pores were so gunky and clogged prior use of this cleanser. It also takes off all my makeup including the ever-so-hard-to-take-off Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation.
Smell was a little nasty at first but I gradually got used to it. Packaging sucks because you have to buy the pump separately.
Emulsifies well and leaves no trace of the oil behind (although I do use my Boscia purifying gel cleanser after so who knows)
All in all, I am definitely buying this again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have been using this for a few months now and was just really not sure what to put as a review. I have been very stressed lately and have been breaking out, I didn't want to blame a product that might not be causing it, so decided to switch back to my old cleanser for a night or 2 and see if anything happened. Break out city! This cleanser works, I was skeptical because I have such oily acne prone skin but this removes all my face makeup (I do not use it over my eye makeup I use a separate cleanser for that) and does not leave my skin feeling tight or dried out. I use a toner after this but there is never anything left to remove. It also feels really nice to apply, like a face massage (I know that doesn't make a huge difference but it's a nice bonus). I don't like this over my eye area because it makes them cloudy (took off one lippie because now i have to buy a separate eye makeup remover which I did not buy before). I did not buy the pump, I will pick one up at a later date but I am in no rush to do so it's been fine for me without one. I just press the bottle into my palm on an angle and I usually seem to do just fine getting the right amount out without any mess. I will get the pump when I repurchase just to make it easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this and realized quickly afterward that I needed to splurge for the pump as well - three squirts does the trick to get my makeup off at the end of every day. I was using Shu Fresh cleansing oil before trying this and I converted, mostly due to the price. It's a LOT cheaper plus every year I get Origins coupons, so I ended up getting this plus the pump for around $10 including tax, and I still have half a bottle left, even though I purchased this around Christmas time. It has a light, earthy scent and feels very light, like the Shu oil did. I prefer it also to MAC Cleanse Off Oil, which dried out my oily skin. This seems very neutral (PH-wise) and has nice, natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

Im on my second bottle because Im in love. It was love at first "use" for me, I adore the calming scent - makes me feel really relaxed like Im in a facial salon or spa. Cleans thoroughly and removes EVERY single bit of makeup. Texture is smooth and rinses off well without traces of oil. Doesnt cloud my vision as well. I wont hesitate to repurchase this definitely!