Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.3

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 10/10/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hands down best makeup remover and cleanser for all skin types. I used to have oily skin and it worked well. Now... thanks to acne medication I have dry skin and it works well. It removes makeup... all and any. It cleanses so well, your face will feel clean and will have no residue. No breakouts; I love Origins.

on 10/5/2010 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is great! I've been an OCM devotee for a few years, occasionally subbing Weleda's Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion for my regular jojoba oil when I feel in the mood for an emulsified oil-based cleanser. While I loved it, I found it not very cost effective as I had to use 1/2 a palmful to feel really clean, especially when wearing sunscreen. And at $17-18USD/3.4oz bottle, it added up quickly. Clean Energy is a proper, thin oil consistency (as opposed to the Weleda, which was a lotion), and it's $18.50USD/6.7oz bottle, PLUS I don't need even 1/2 as much per cleansing. So immediately, it's more cost effective. Add onto that that it's freaking amazing, and it's a downright steal. My face feels superclean, but soft and not stripped, and it removes sunscreen waaaaaaay better than either straight jojoba oil or the Weleda. After washing, my face feels calm and hydrated. I just top up with a little jojoba and grapeseed oil and I am fresh-faced and ready for bed. No morning greasies: just soft, well-conditioned and exceptionally UN-irritated skin. The smell is nice -- an earthy lemon that's very light and natural -- and it feels nice to work with; I think it actually feels thicker than it looks. Emulsifies well, rinses clean. Will definitely be repurchasing. I forgot to buy the pump along with it, so it's kind of a pain trying to pour it into my palm, however it's actually considerably less a pain than it sounds. That said, I'll be running out to buy the overlooked pump, posthaste, and suggest everyone thinking of trying this make a mental note not to leave the store without it.

on 9/29/2010 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Long-time lurker, first-time poster - woohoo!!

I've been using this on a trial basis for about a week now, thanks to a generous sample from an Origins counter. Of the three cleansing oils I've tried (this, Boscia's, DHC), this is the least effective at washing off makeup. However, I'd say it's just as gentle as Boscia's MUBU (I found DHC too drying for my combination skin).

I've been using Boscia's for about 4 months now, and am convinced it is the best, most affordable, natural-oil based cleanser out there.

Here's the breakdown for the Origins cleanser:
(+) accessible (even at UK department stores!) and mid-priced
(+) left my skin feeling clean and balanced, looking calm and refreshed
(+) no mineral oils in this one!

(-) less effective; left small traces of makeup unlike the Boscia
(-) thicker oilier feel, which required more product for slip and effective cleaning

I am convinced that no past or future cleansing oil will clean as well and as gently as Boscia's Make Up Breakup cleansing oil, and that's the story I'm sticking to.

Hope this review was helpful to ya!

Good cleansing oil but I didn't like the smell and it didn't remove my estee lauder double wear :D it did make my skin look brighter the first 2 days I used it and soft after every use, but I bough it to remove makeup. I could see this working better to break down mineral, and powder foundation. Do invest in the pump its only 1$

on 8/29/2010 7:00:00 PM

Recently I'd been breaking out for hormonal reasons. This is unusual for me, I'm not exactly acne prone but I do have occasional blemishes. My skin is overall dry, with areas that end up shiny throughout the day, typically my T-Zone.

I wanted to find a cleanser that would help me create some kind of balance in my skin. Something gentle and moisturizing that wouldn't leave a film or clog my pores. I'm of the belief that any cleanser that strips your skin of anything other than the light layer of surface oils, is doing more harm than good.

I'm really happy I've found this cleanser. It comes in a huge bottle considering the type of cleanser and how it is used. It's a fairly viscous oil that smells quite a bit like lemon grass with maybe a light floral scent. If you look at the ingredient list, it's very natural and gentle, with plenty of skin healthy ingredients

I was fully prepared for this to leave somewhat of a film, but I was okay with that since my skin had been tight and taught feeling recently. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this cleanser actually washes completely off the face in a sort of double duty way. It removes all my make up and daily grime and leaves my skin soft.

This is definitely my HG cleanser which I've been using with my HG moisturizer, Kiehl's Panthenol/Protein.

on 8/27/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Like everyone else said, buy the pump; you won't be sorry you did. I used to use jojoba oil to get sunscreen and everything off, but switched to this because I wanted something clean rinsing. I had hoped to go from using J&J baby wash to just this, but when I used this in the morning, I noticed the smell lingered a bit and faded into something like BO. Now I just use it at night, one and a half or two pumps, depending on how much makeup I have on, and massage it all over for a while, then massage it off with a little bit of water and follow up with baby wash and the Clarisonic brush. It's not too drying, and my skin has never been better (knock on wood). It's a tiny bit pricey, but totally worth it.

on 8/21/2010 10:29:00 AM

I really like this cleanser. I have combination skin...very oily t-zone, but also flakies all over (including t-zone). I have mild to moderate acne and a lot of generalized redness. This cleanser takes off all of my sunscreen (Shiseido, which is hard to get off) and foundation and any other makeup. You put it on your dry face and massage for a few minutes. Then you rinse it off - it has an emulsifier in it so it rinses off clean with water. I do not have to use another cleanser after this. It rinses off totally clean.

When I use toner afterward, there is not a trace of makeup on the cotton ball. I have used all kinds of cleansers, including ones that say they take off all makeup, and there is *always* makeup (foundation) on the toner cotton ball. But not with this.

My face feels clean but not tight. It can be drying to my skin in certain areas, so I've been using moisturizer, which I don't usually do, and it's working out great. My skin has fewer breakouts, is softer, pores smaller, just overall better.

I do not like the bottle because you have to pour it out on your hand. I transferred mine into a pump bottle which makes it much easier (and wastes less).

It's $18 at Macy's for 6.7 ounces. I've had it for 3 weeks, using it every night, and I still have half a bottle left.

on 8/13/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was the third best cleansing oil I have ever tried. I love DHC and shu uemura but they're a little hard to get a hold of and they're pricey. This one is just as good and i can get it without buying a plane ticket or pay for shipping. The formula isn't as fine and light as the shu one but it last for a long time. I also like the fact it does not contain mineral oil, which i'm sensitive to. The price is okay for how long it lasts (had mine for about 10 months before i had to buy a refill). The only downside i have with this is that you have to buy a pump for this. All in all its a good product.I hope that they won't discontinue this.

on 7/14/2010 8:41:00 PM

so far I have been using this for a few weeks and my skin has completely turned around. I have been battling post-partum adult acne that has been very persistent and not responded to anything I tried - which was everything, including prescription Retin-A. This stuff is amazing, though, I have only had 2 small break-outs since I have started using it. It smells nice, does NOT leave your face feeling oily after using, doesn't contain any comedogenic ingredients, and with the pump, will clearly last a very long time. This is definitely a keeper!

on 7/7/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

(Update 9.24.10)
Okay, so it took me quite a while to figure out that this was clogging my pores and leaving little whiteheads on my cheeks and jaws because I was in process of trying out a whole crapload of new products. But I eventually got it--this is definitely not the makeup remover for me. Like I said above, it left little clogged pores on my jaws and cheeks. Maybe it's all the essential oils? I'm going to try DHC and Fancl next so hopefully those will turn out to be a much better experience (/update)
I love this product! It doesn't break me out and instead, cleans my pores. I had a bit of purging the first week I used it because my pores were so gunky and clogged prior use of this cleanser. It also takes off all my makeup including the ever-so-hard-to-take-off Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation.
Smell was a little nasty at first but I gradually got used to it. Packaging sucks because you have to buy the pump separately.
Emulsifies well and leaves no trace of the oil behind (although I do use my Boscia purifying gel cleanser after so who knows)
All in all, I am definitely buying this again!