L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

3.9

on 6/16/2010 1:29:00 AM

intense black. hated blacktrack and other gel liners. does tend to flake after 12 or more hours, but does not smudge unless i want it to. cheap for the amount that you get. will buy again.

on 6/14/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this eyeliner! I'm not usually a fan of drugstore makeup but, in my opinion, this eyeliner is better than MAC fluidline, Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, Bare Minerals cream eyeliner, and Smashbox cream eyeliner. It is the best I've tried and I'm really happy with it. It stays all day long, even on the waterline. I've always avoided tightlining because nothing ever endured the day, but this is a great formula that has great staying power. No smudging, no fading, it's great! It comes with a pretty good angle brush which adds great value. There is a lot of product in the pot, much more than with other brands. The texture is great...smooth and gentle. I love this liner!

on 6/12/2010 6:47:00 PM

I dont like to fuss with my makeup so i dont like liquid liner, but i like this. its really black and so easy to apply since its creamy. it does tend to flake but i always have a mirror with me so its no problem. the jar is huge so its not that expensive. i hate blacktrack and that wnw gel liner that everybody loves. they both smudge off on me. hip dries out really fast, but i just stir it and its back to normal

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Darker than MAC's Fluidline BlackTrack to me! And I know my black eyeliners, trust me..
BUT... it flakes. Terribly. But maybe I just got a bad batch. I'm going to have to toss it because my eye is beginning to hurt and water constantly.
Otherwise, it would've been perfect!

on 6/7/2010 3:56:00 PM

I can't believe there's a dupe for MAC's blacktrack fluidline. I purchased L'Oreal Hip Cream Eyeliner in 905 black. I love this product because it is very creamy. I don't recommend using the brush since it's so small but I definitely recommend using MAC's 266 angled brush.

This eyeliner's packaging is larger than MAC fluidline in diameter. What I don't like about it being so wide is the fact that I like to scrape the brush on the side to remove excess. This just makes my pot of eyeliner look messy.

The product itself is amazing. It glides on and is really easy to work with.

on 6/7/2010 12:33:00 AM

Yay! Finally found a black eyeliner that i love. I use this as a base before i apply black eyeshadow to make it really dark + it lasts for hours as a liner only smudging when i want it to! ^_^ The only bad thing is it dries up so fast >.< but i just stir it and its fine! The jar is so huge that it will last me forever!

This is my first cream eyeliner. At first I hated it It was smeary & messy!
But I went out & got a better eyeliner brush & practiced!
Now putting it on is a lot easier. I really like how simple it is to just swipe a little on my brush & my eyeliners done. Its a nice dark black & stays pretty good.
So, this is a good cream eyeliner. I even want to try it in other colors!

on 5/20/2010 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I found that I prefer cream/gel liners over liquids/pencils because of this liner. I don't use the brush it came with (the bristles were too stiff for me), and it works wonderfully. The color is dark and doesn't smudge throughout the day.

on 5/17/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very nice, intense black. Goes on very creamy and stays put all day! I've applied this on my waterline and it's stayed put. I didn't have any flaking or smudging. I bought this last year while I was in America and it's literally lasted me a year! It did dry out a few times, but I just took a small spatula and tiny bit of water and re-mixed it and it was back to it's normal consistency again. Although the last time it dried out, I tried mixing it again and it stayed dried out. I still had half of the product left, so I'm just going to toss it now. I don't know if I would buy it again, since there are cream/gel liner's that are cheaper than this and since all of them dry out pretty fast usually, I think I may just stick to the cheaper one's.

on 5/15/2010 1:30:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeliner out of all of the eyeliners I've tried thus far!!! The color is very opaque, it's very creamy so it glides on like a dream, it lasts all day without smudging (even on my waterline!), and I will definitely repurchase.

Pros:
~ Very creamy.
~ Very rich, opaque, extreme black. LOVE!!!
~ Lasts all day without smudging or flaking--even on my waterline!!!
~ Doesn't irritate my eyes.
~ Does NOT contain glitter of any kind.
~ Can be smudged for a sexy smokey eye if you do a little at a time and smudge fast.

Cons:
~ Dries out very quickly. However, this doesn't bother me much because when mine gets dry I just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds, stir it well,and let it cool down completely, and it's creamy like new again.
~ Slightly (NOT terribly!) difficult to remove. It comes right off with make up remover wipes and/or baby oil, no scrubbing or anything like that needed.
~ The brush sucks. I use my Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush instead.