September 21, 2014 | 1011 users online

Fragrances - Marc Jacobs - Daisy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

One of my current favorites. I purchased Sephora's fragrance sampler of 12 scents and this one was the winner that I used my full sized coupon for. I have the EDP and my only complaint is that it is very oily. I can see an oily sheen on my chest and neck for hours after I spray this. I would assume the EDT is less oily. It isn't a subtle scent so it's definitely not for everyone. The bottle is cuter in the clear with white daisies that the EDT comes in. The EDP bottle is black with gold daisies that I find very gaudy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute fave. perfume! I love the fresh smell that can be worn to school or to a party! I always get complimented that I smell good (weird but true aha), and it smells young and fresh, unlike some designer perfumes that smell like old cat ladies! Took a lippie off for the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep seeing them on sale at London Drugs (Canadian drugstore) and read rave reviews so finally I finally sprayed some on my wrist. From start to finish, I get green, citrus notes as well as dried flowers. If there are any sweet notes like vanilla or strawberry, it's very pale. It's not for me. It's a headache inducer. I thought maybe it was the season or my mood but I've tried it several other times and get the same reaction. For someone young and starting out with a grown up scent, this could work well. Unfortunately, my skin chemistry eats up all the good smoky or sweet notes and leaves the shrill ones. As for packaging, it leaves no doubt that it's feminine but it doesn't appeal to me (uh oh, I think I may be too old for Marc Jacob's target audience). Can save my money for another scent - whew!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sweet, pretty, floral, feminine. I have the rollerball and I love having it in my purse. Great fragrance to wear to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I have a prejudice against products that come in overly pretty packaging. I feel like the makers might be trying to cover up something horrible about the product. I felt the same way when I first saw an ad for this perfume in a magazine. I was totally convinced it'd be an overpowering, polarizing scent that people would only buy for the pretty bottle. But I was wrong! And I shall never judge a perfume from its bottle again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would have to say this is one of my favorite scents next to Coach. It's so beautiful. Even when I get bored of it, after trying other perfumes, I realize that this one is really special. It is everything positive you can think of. It's light, floral, innocent, sweet(not too sweet of course), fresh, subtle, complex and HAPPY! I think this perfume could be suitable for people of any age. Young or old, I don't think it matters how old you are. I always love the top note of this scent because it's so refreshing, it wakes you up a bit. Later, it turns more deeper but it's not a bad change. The power of the perfume is not too soft and not too strong which is perfect. When a perfume is too strong it can be really annoying from my experience, however, when a perfume is too soft, I found that the staying power is very weak which is annoying as well.

Alright, so I don't know if this happens with everyone or if it's just me but I think the perfume likes to play lots of tricks on me, if you will. With me, the scent likes to change. It's kind of fun I guess. My significant other and I like to play a guessing game called, "Guess what perfume I am wearing today." He always has a hard time when I wear Daisy. lol.

Well anyway, this scent is beautiful and playful. Please try it for yourself and see what you think. Hope this review helped.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by nearfantastica78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was a gift to me from my husband a couple of Christmases ago. Beautiful packaging I have to say, as I am sure many of you do as well, I adore the little flowered cap :) But the fragrance, lets see. No daisies..lol, but to me it evokes thoughts of running around in the prairie fields, where all the canola, wheat, clover and wildflowers grew. It completely reminds me of the country kitchen of an aunt I remember, complete with the blue bottle of Ivory dishsoap someone had so lovingly stiched a tiny gingham apron for. Windows open, summer breeze wafting through the little house...strawberry jam sitting on the counter to set, the little violets sitting on the windowsill. When I spray this I remember the gravel roads that went on forever, the crickets chirping and frogs croaking, lonesome train whistle in the distance. To me, Marc Jacobs "Daisy" is everything fresh, not "out-of-the-shower-Lever-2000-21st Century" fresh, but country girl fresh. The fresh you would only know if you grew up on a farm or visited a relative or friend that did. This fragrance is PURE OL FASHIONED COUNTRY GIRL and I adore it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is a classic light airy floral scent, not overly sweet, but it is not exactly very unique, nor long lasting. I do like this as it is very easy to wear. I have the rollerball version as I like to take this with me travelling.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this with my Sephora order. I read the notes and thought I would like it so I sprayed it straight on my hand. Note to self-if you haven’t smelled perfume before, its not a good idea to just spray it on yourself. I was expecting light sort of girly floral. Nope. This reminded me of floral potpourri or floral room spray. I sprayed it on a card to make sure my nose wasn’t playing tricks-still the same dried flower smell. It actually smells like this floral scent that my grandma used to wear(God rest her soul) and it didn’t smell “young” to me at all. You want young, try Very Hollywood by MK.
I try not to call scents “old lady” but I have actually smelled something very similar on many older women so I think it’s a copy of an older scent that’s already in existence.
There are actually very few fragrances that I don’t like-I may not wear some of them but I am not disgusted by it, but Daisy definitely falls into serious dislike category for me. Definitely try before you buy-I watched several YouTube videos where girls raved about this scent-just because they like it doesn’t mean you will.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The smell is nice but very young. I love the pretty bottle which is why I still have it in my bathroom.