October 30, 2014 | 1687 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm glad I found all the reviews on MUA. I gave the lemons a go and WOW. My skin feels clearer and must softer. I have super oily skin and I when I wake up in the morning I look like a deep fryer. I cut a slice of lemon and rubbed it (directly without diluting) onto my skin and went to bed. Woke up in the morning with minimal oil and a much clearer complexion. I love lemons!!! Much cheaper than the hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars I have spent on "miracle" creams and toners. Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

So, I think it can be safe to say the lemons are my favorite fruit now. I was desperately trying to find a remedy for my acne scars, when someone told me that lemon juice was the answer. I read the glowing reviews here on makeupalley, so I thought "Hey, why not give it a try?". I had a lemon tree near my house, so I just picked a few of those. I squeezed one lemon into a container and diluted it a bit with water. For the past week I put it on my skin, left it on for 15 minutes then washed it off. That helped the current acne I already had, but I wasn't all that impressed. Last night I was getting ready to do the same procedure, except I accidently fell asleep for 2 hours. I woke up thinking "Crap! I need to wash this off!" I looked in the mirror, thinking that it probably burned my skin, but instead I saw quite the opposite! My skin was softer, healthier, smoother, and more even than it was 2 hours prior. I was amazed. So now I am going to leave it on overnight instead of just leaving it on for 15 minutes, because I feel leaving it on will work better for my skin. I am so happy with the results, I am positive if I keep this up I will have amazing skin. Yay for lemons!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using lemon juice for a little while now, so I can't say whether I really like it or not, but I use it as a toner to lighten some scarring that I have (on my entire face) and my skin looks fresh and bright after I use it. I haven't really noticed a big improvement on scars specifically, but I'm hoping that's just because I've only been using it for a few days. It does sting, but it goes away a few seconds after you apply it, so it's not an excruciating pain or anything like that. I use the bottled stuff, mainly because that's just what I have laying around my house, but I don't really think it makes a difference whether you use fresh or concentrate. I will continue to use it and edit the review if anything changes. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by syd1616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I use this twice a day everyday and it works amazingly.It brightens my complexion, keeps my skin from getting too dry, reduces acne, and evens my skin tone. I just bought a spray bottle, poured lemon juice on it, and then I spray it onto a cotton round. It does sting quite a bit, but its worth it! Much better than spending $50 on a toner when you can just pick this up at the grocery store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fades acne scars like a dream! I don't really get acne but when I do, the scars are ridiculous. I'm really fair, and I still have visible scars from zits I've had a year ago. I make a toner with it out of rose water/witch hazel/bottled lemon juice, but I've been using rose water and witch hazel for a long time so I know it's the lemon juice that's evening out my skin. The way I use it it's pretty diluted, so it doesn't irritate or dry out my already dry skin. Right after I started using it my skin looked healthier and more even. It took about 2 weeks for a noticeable difference on my acne scars, but they're definitely beginning to fade away. I also feel like this stops any existing pimples from getting bigger, and helps with any shininess on my t-zone without drying out my skin. And at the super low price, it's practically a miracle product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by portofcall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now I am a guy who has had very oily fair skin for as long as I can can remember!
Over the past couple of years I started to develop a redness to my face skin, a bit blotchy and borderline rosacea. It became really noticeable after a nights drinking. Thank God I stumbled across lemon juice as a treatment.
I can not begin to tell you that after the first 4 weeks of applying it before bed, my skin tone is almost perfect - no redness, no oiliness - it completely evened out my skin and made the redness fade to barely noticable!
If only I knew this existed in my teens I would have been a happy guy!
Ps. If you are going to give this a go, please remember that lemon juice is like an acid peel for the so YOU MUST allow your skin time to renew itself during application periods, and not apply lemon juice every day. That way you will really see the results.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Everyone in my family loves lemon for their skin. Some of my brothers have scars from acne and it's helped fade those scars since it's a natural whitener, and repair skin cells. I began using it and I love it too.(It may burn so you might want to dilute it a bit if you use it on your face) I don't use it religiously for my face but I use it for getting super smooth legs and fading stretch marks on my hips.

For the scrub/smooth legs:
Mix 2 1/2 cups sugar, 1 cup oil, 5 tablespoon lemon juice together. Then draw a hot bath/shower, soak for 5 minutes, shave 1 legs, scrub leg with scrub mixture. Shave legs again. Scrub again with scrub mixture. Then rinse.

To remove stretch marks put lemon juice on marks and blow dry until completely dry. Then rinse with water. Do consistently over time for results.

You can use lemon for so many things but that's what I use it for but you can use it for freckles,age spots and to make your skin really soft and to look younger. Also if you went crazy with self tanner.. it removes that oompa loompa look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by InnocentAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just wonderful
I heard that most actresses use lemon and honey every morning to remove toxins. So i tried it.
It works wonderfully.
Indeed like all of you are saying, it does REDUCE acne but does not eliminate it.
And yes after using it 5 times by now ( twice a week) i admit that it does regulate sebum production.
Don't think ;)
Just give it a try!
You won't regret ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by AKRockstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How have I not heard of using lemon juice on my skin before?? I tried this out after becoming increasingly frustrated with scarring on a pimple I had popped. In ONE DAY of using lemon juice my scarring had faded VISIBLY.
I am hooked. My skin has never looked or felt better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a lemon tree but I dont get too much juice from them and it doesnt keep as long. Soo I bought the lemon juice in the bottle. It is so much more convenient.
I use as a toner and love it. Prior I tried ACV for a week but discontinued. And prior to that I did not tone.
I do believe that this heals the pimples I pop faster. My face feels smoother, my acne scarring and sun spots have reduced faster that using ACV or Mederma. Will definitely be a permanent part of my regimen.