Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

I purchased this scent as a set unsniffed because I am a fan of iris and of green/chypre scents. My go-to perfumes are Creed Silver Mountain Water (fresh almost blackberry tea scent) and Chanel 19 (rosey green chypre).

I can absolutely see why this is a love it or hate it scent. I can also see why some people think its too strong and others think its too light. This is a very distinctive EDP that could easily not suit a person. I love it.

Initially I get the cedar most strongly and then it warms into the flowers and musk. It does have a very clean, almost detergent element to me, but its in the background and fades most quickly. The dry-down is where the action is. Sublime, the iris and orange blossom are there but balanced. I don't care for overly floral scents and I think the balsam and musk elements harmonize so perfectly with the floral here. Everything is so balanced that it is difficult to pick up specific notes, and each sniff brings out a new element. Sometimes I get smoky, I even get a play-dough now and again, but nothing just jumps out at you and the perfume wears very close after the initial dry-down. You will probably not offend many, and most won't smell you unless you hug them, but you will catch it when you move and it will envelop you. I see this as a spring/fall/winter scent, its on the cold side.

I could imagine it working on a man or woman, initially it is a touch masculine but the florals come out. They aren't too much for a confident man though. Its fresh and clean but definitely not boring or weak.

I've had several comments in just a week of wearing - always "you smell so good" not "that perfume smells good" and one person said "it smells like you just got out of the shower." I would buy again. In a heart beat.

The lotion does change the scent on my skin significantly - an undertone that almost reminds me of original vasoline intensive care lotion from the 70s - 80s. It isn't a bad thing, just noticeable.

Dont care for, reminds me of bug spray.

There's no point in my giving you a description of the scent - it's a very light floral and I liked it enough to buy it. I could spray 1/2 the bottle on and within a couple of minutes the scent is gone - and I mean GONE..... May be my dry skin - but it doesn't even linger on my clothing. It was a mind boggeling waste of money for me - would not rebuy and highly recommend you try it before you buy it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gross. I tried this because of all the reviews saying it was "soft" or "powdery" or "clean" (all of which I usually like...) ... This was DEFINITELY not soft - super strong, even masculine smelling. It wasn't clean at all - very heavy... soapy but NOT in a nice light, clean way. It smells very, very muh like an old lady's perfume. Smells completely like some ancient perfume you might find in your gradnma's drawer. Gross. It you want something like, soft, clean and powdery try Santa Maria Novella's beautiful Freesia in stead...

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

class in a bottle.

And for those who say that it smells like soap or like you've just stepped out of the bath so it's not sexy....I have to disagree.

Us, women, have a diffrent perspective of what is sexy than men.
Ask a man, and he will tell you that a woman who smells clean (almost like wearing no perfume) is VERY SEXY ;-)

oh! in my opinion this is the new (modern) Chanel no5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just sampled this today at my local perfumerie and now I know what I want for my birthday. A poster below summed this up (I think it was KKAI and I apologize if I have her handle wrong) as very calm and comforting, I think she said. I find this to be a very powdery, pretty, feminine scent and I just love it. I don't have the sophistication that many have here when it comes to describing scents but I do have to say, as someone who has grown irises for years, they really do not have much in the way of a fragrance at all. But be that as it may, I love this scent from Prada and hope to have it in my hot little hands pretty soon.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this perfume!! i love wearing it everyday...DEF one of my favs..:)

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Sampled this and it was a total scrubber, bitter iodine and sour leaves mixed with some artificial-smelling iris on a bed of soapy, cheap 'French milled Soap;' midnotes screechingly screamed Soap. So Clean and Sophisticated!!! Just nothing else there, very linear.

I scrubbed this off almost immediately while hearing complaints of those around me. Layered Orchidee Blanc over the remnants and it actually smelled alright later once the vanilla came out.

This is a beautiful modern iris scent, a nice blend of traditional and contemporary. It has a bright clean iris opening that softens and becomes a bit powdery as it dries down.

Completely fresh and interesting. I would love to give it five stars, but it fades within an hour and for the price I'd rather have some lasting power.

It's the complete opposite of Serge Lutens iris fragrance, there's no dirt or earthy scent in the Prada infusion. However it is softer than the DSH iris scent.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I am wearing this fragrance from a gift coupon I got from Sephora and I must say it's nice. It's suited for summer, not too fresh (like detergent fresh) and very airy. Maybe I'm not good with smells but to me this perfume is like light musky, I really did feel like I detected a musk top note from it right after I used it. After a couple of hours it's just pleasant nice floral perfume.
Not what I'd usually wear, which makes it special and new to me.

Popular Fragrances