October 24, 2014 | 1807 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Perfect formula and perfect for all Winter-long wearing. I will always have this color in stock.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always get compliments when I wear this colour and its a great alternative if you aren't into super dark black. Its a lovely formula and lasts for ages and the colour is great, the shimmer in it it beautiful. I tent to only wear this if i have abit of self tan on as it can make pale hands look a bit deathly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Russian Navy is a dark blue color with tiny red micro glitters. I love this color as I think it suits all skin tone. The coverage is good. I only put 2 coats and my nails are completey opaque. The finishing is quite smooth too. Under daylight, you can certainly see the dark blue but under some other lights, it flashes blue with purple. I think this color is also good for short nails without looking too goth. A similar version for this will be Play Til' Midnight. But Russian Navy has more black in it so it's not as blue as Play Til' Midnight. This color is good for fall/winter. But if you want to wear it in summer, I think it's okay too as this color is quite edgy looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, there have been lots of the reviews saying the color isn't for them. That's fine; if you're not into dark, dark colors, this is not for you.
However, it is a very good formula, with a good consistency (not watery, not too thick). The chrome/holographic quality of the finish is quite a nice contrast to the dark color. I think that's really what makes this polish (I also own the matte formula, which is not worth the money).
All in all, a very good dark blue with a little kick in the finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hotmom37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color. Very unique and sexy! I get compliments all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Russian Navy is a darkened black-blue with subtle red shimmer. It is heavily pigmented and opaque in two coats. It's super shiny and a beautiful colour for all year around, especially Autumn and Winter time! It's a true navy colour which isn't as harsh as black. The application was extremely good. I was able to apply it quickly and easily. I bought Russian Navy for $20AUD at David Jones. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

I was SO STOKED when my local Duane Reade (hm, they seem to be popping up everywhere..) had OPI and Essie nail polishes. Although the collection was mainly nudes from the honeymoon collection, there were a few reds and blues, and luckily there was ONE bottle left of this color. I remembered reading about this nail color on a beauty blog, and I decided to see how it is myself. The color is GORGEOUS! The dark blue and purple shimmer is to die for. However, it's somewhat hard to tell the purple shimmer unless I'm under fluorescent lighting. Nevertheless, I love this nail polish for winter. It's opaque enough with one coat, but I put two anyway. It lasted for about a week before it started chipping. Will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by winkcat

I love dark nail colours and this one is no exeption. Glossy dark blue, not quite black but with subtle flecks of red. One downside - chipped after a day, but that level of wear is normal for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Russian Navy is amazing. This is one of those polishes that stand out. I wear this all the time in every season and will never stop!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by aporcupine

Love this color. It's a very intense blue, under a dimmer lighting it actually looks black and 2 coats is all is need. This is my third OPI polish and so far I am impressed with the brush and the opacity of the color. I guess I won't be lusting after Chanel's Blue Satin after all anymore.