December 20, 2014 | 1766 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Lychee Luxe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Um, yeah... why did I want this color? I don't know! In the tube, it is a BRIGHT orangey-pink... and on the lips... it is a bright orangey-pink. It looks absolutely garish and tacky against my NC25 skin! I can see it working for someone with darker skintones, but for me, sadly I think I will have to pass!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 3:12:00 PM More reviews by 8hourcream

I'm not one for bright glosses but I really like Lychee Luxe - I like how it brightens my olive face and it is non sticky. It is a peachy-reddy-orangey colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Intense coral gloss which looks amazing with spice or stripdown liner (tan or brownish). Will not be re-purchasing because E.L.F. makes a gloss called "Watermelon" which is an exact match, but for the taste and smell (which I happen to like) and only costs $1!!! A couple of the E.L.F. glosses are exact dups for the MAC ones: Candlelight for Prr, Pink Ice for Cultured, Watermelon for Lychee Luxe.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LaGitana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had originally written a review on this color, but I decided to delete it because I had given this four undeserved lippies. Although I do agree that it is a nice color, LL does not do it for me. It is a VERY intense coral, bordering on orange. On my slightly pale lips and C40 skin, it looks a little too garish, and this is when applied lightly. It has a pretty golden sheen, but sadly it is one of those insanely bright colors (Pink Lemonade is another one)I can't pull off. In my case, I also need to use a lip liner because it seems to run, and leaves an ugly ring in the corners of my mouth (yuck!!!). Maybe in the future I will learn to love this color, but for now it is on the Least Favorite Lipglasses List.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by leslie_b

I think this is a really good first l/g if the color appeals to you! It's fairly sheer so it's not too intimidating. I'm NC20 and this IS a bit too coral for me when i have dark hair (it makes the redness in my face stand out), but when i'm blonde it's perfect! I think this would look absolutely gorgeous on dark haired ladies as well, as long as they don't have the same redness issues!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by miabaird

Oh my god! This is so nice!
I saw a friend wearing it and asked her what it was. She showed me the tube and I almost died... it's bright orange pink! I thought it would look awful. but I tried it and loved it . it is one of those colors that looks scary in the tube but great when you put it on your lips. I'm onto my thrid tube. By the way it looks great with a Suntan! buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by LyssyLew

A really great party shade. If you want bright lips, but don't want it to be overpowering OR don't like to apply lipstick, this is a great alternative. It has gorgeous gold flecks in it and I find it looks good on most skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by burningembers20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is so pretty! It's summer in a little tube. Coral with golden sheen. However, like all MAC glosses, it is very sticky and feels kinda "heavy" on the lips. However, I like the color so much that I don't care. I'm pale btw and I think this shade can work on pale and tanned ladies. It's lovely for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2006 10:03:00 PM More reviews by priya2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While the clear lipglass did not impress me so much, the tinted lipglasses are another story, at least lychee luxe...love it..love it and guys, it really does make your lips look bigger, plus it keeps them moisturised with jojoba oil..and um yes it is sticky..well you aint gonna get the glassy effect with a matte texture, would ya. I would not mind paying maybe $11 cdn but 16.50 wow!Anyhoo I will probably still purchase it again (hopeless, hopeless.. so weak!). I am a bit concerned about the packaging,it is kinda small and looks hard to get to if the product comes to an end, I do hope that I will get my moneys worth by using every goopy drop in there. Their colours are just magic!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2006 7:20:00 AM More reviews by arwens

I have love - hate relationship with lychee luxe..it is medium peachy red. Sometimes it can be very stunning on my lips..it just goes very well. I dont know why, it might be sound ridiculous but when the day is raining or cloudy, lychee luxe appear very pretty on my lips like Korean actress!!(LOL!!)..but during the sunny day, this l/g looks oily and not smooth.the colour does not go evenly on my lips!