November 26, 2014 | 1569 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually wear the Soft Ochre paint pot and I bought this based on a MA's recommendation, she said this would be nicer. This creased within a couple of hours and all I could see was shimmer, it did not help conceal any darkness on my lids. I will keep using Soft Ochre instead, not only is it a good match for my NC35 (C4 in the summer) eyelids, it lasts all day without creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first eyeshadow I reach for is Bare Study. My eyeshadow needs to wear like iron and this stays on all day until I take it off at night. The only thing to be careful of is not to put too much on above the crease. It can take on a look of chicken skin if you get carried away. Getting this right isn't hard, just go light and you will get a natural bright look for your eyes.

It's very pigmented, has a nice but not too overwhelming shimmer. I noted the good value because a little goes a long way here. Paint pots last forever so be sure you're happy with your choice of color. I'm nutty about the packaging because creamy shadows are controlled well in pots.

This has become a staple of my morning routine. You won't be disappointed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by beanybell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i personally love the color of this mac paint pot. it is a pretty, shimmery, champagne white color. but...I wanted this product to be good as a primer for me. It was not. Unlike my UDPP, this creased on me, which I was very disappointed with. But if I use a primer on it, it stays all day, so no complaints there. And i love the color, and using it as an eyeshadow base, or even on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just started using the paint pots. I bought Bare Study and Blackground. I had no idea how well these stayed put! I am amazed and so excited! These can be used as a base for eyeshadows or by itself. I have warmer features so this color is good for someone with my skin tone. I am excited to try these with all my eyeshadows! This color is so pretty. Nude-ish, pinkish, champagne-ish, shimmery gold. Love it! :) Looking forward to adding more to my collection.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I bought this after falling in love with my painterly paint pot. Unfortunately, this is nothing like painterly. A few problems I ran into were it had a lot more shimmer than what it looks like in the pot. Secondly, it creases. Third, it only last half a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SoVeryChic1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I adore paint pots and I truly wanted to love this one, but unfortunately it just doesn't work for me. It's far too light for my NC20 skin. Don't get me wrong, the color is gorgeous in the pot! I just haven't found a great use for it. As far as the price goes, it's okay for the amount of product you get, and they last forever. I wouldn't repurchase this though because it just doesn't work for my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This cream eyeshadow, primer, shimmerwash all-in-one deserves its great ratings on MUA perfectly. It's not overtly pigmented unlike the Aqua creams from MUFE, and has a texture that's not too dry nor too oily. Lasting power is great and I often use it as a primer if I'm using other shadows as a wash. The package leaves to be desired because if left for too long, the top layer of the paint pot dries and becomes hard, but that's not enough to change my rating because once you smooth the top surface out with your finger, the shadow is creamy and blendable again. Great product all in all and for the amount you get, it's not expensive at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by rn88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this paint pot recently, and I love the color and consistency. It dries immediately, brightens my eyes, and is very pretty with or without eyeshadow. I've been complimented many times since I bought it. Beautiful color on my olive skin. Would highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff works for me as a base/primer, which surprised me since I have monolids. It stays put after drying, which I'm happy about. I prefer using this to an actual primer because it's pretty and sparkly and brightens the inner tear duct if you bring it down slightly. I'm not even that much in love with the colour, but it has a nice sheen and keeps my powder eyeshadows in place. Would repurchase, but there's so much product that it would probably take years for me to use up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great primer for eyeshadow or to wear on its own!!! Nice consistency.