MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

4.2

on 10/12/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel no need to look any further for an HG cream eyeshadow base, because this is it. Primer and base in one. I don't feel the need to look at the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners, UD Shadow Pencils, or anything else. MAC Bare Study and Soft Ochre are my staples, and they are what I will continue to buy, forever and ever amen.
I think everyone knows what Bare Study looks like, so I won't go into detail about the shade. Simplistic but beautiful neutral champagne beige with gold shimmer. I've had mine for about a year, and I'm so relieved that it hasn't started to dry out, or separate itself from the container. That means I take care of my makeup. :) But no seriously, with paint pots, all you have to do is make sure the lid is not only closed, but closed very tight, after each use.
I don't know how others use their paint pots for them to crease, but mine never crease on me....EVER. The only minor problem I have is that it dries very quickly on me, for some reason, so if I want to apply another thin layer on my eyelid, I'll have to work rather quickly (maybe it's because I have somewhat dry skin on my eyelids?).
I can use Bare Study with anything, and it just makes the color appear so much more vibrant and gives it more depth (as with any base; what more do you need, really?). It creates the perfect canvas, and lasts all day until I take it off at night with makeup remover. Could this be used alone? My answer is yes, but it's a very subtle, low maintenance color, so building up the color is absolutely necessary. Would I purchase this IF I ever ran out? Absolutely. I would repurchase it the SECOND I ran out.

Not really impressed and I don't really stand the hype over paint pots. It is a pale beige shimmer color. It makes my lid crease so thats why I am so bummed. It really just sits in my collection.

on 10/2/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product! This is my first MAC purchase, and after comtemplating what to get for days, I finally decided on a paint pot! I'm in high school, so this is perfect to just throw on in the morning but it gives a great put-together look!

I haven't had any issues with creasing, but I do use another base under it (NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in milk). I love the champagne color this has, and how it has a shimmery sheen. I'm not a huge shimmer fan, and this is perfect for me. Not too shimmery, but just enough to brighten my eyes :)

I would defenitly buy this product again. The only bad thing I could find about it is that the packaging is a little bulky, but I love the classic look, so I don't mind!

on 9/29/2011 10:24:00 AM

I heard a lot about paintpots and was excited to try them because they replaced MAC Paints (in the tubes), which I really liked as bases and cream eyeshadows. Paintpots are in heavy glass jars with a screw-on lid, which I found not very travel friendly, but quite classic looking. Unfortunately, I was severely allergic to this - my lid area became very itchy, turned red and started swelling. I do have very sensitive eyes but usually my eyes are irritated from fallout from eyeshadows and I rarely get irritation on the skin. I did have similar irritation when I applied MAC Fluidlines as eyeliner, so perhaps it's some ingredient in MAC's formulation. Needless to say, I won't be trying more of these.

on 9/29/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually wear the Soft Ochre paint pot and I bought this based on a MA's recommendation, she said this would be nicer. This creased within a couple of hours and all I could see was shimmer, it did not help conceal any darkness on my lids. I will keep using Soft Ochre instead, not only is it a good match for my NC35 (C4 in the summer) eyelids, it lasts all day without creasing.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

The first eyeshadow I reach for is Bare Study. My eyeshadow needs to wear like iron and this stays on all day until I take it off at night. The only thing to be careful of is not to put too much on above the crease. It can take on a look of chicken skin if you get carried away. Getting this right isn't hard, just go light and you will get a natural bright look for your eyes.

It's very pigmented, has a nice but not too overwhelming shimmer. I noted the good value because a little goes a long way here. Paint pots last forever so be sure you're happy with your choice of color. I'm nutty about the packaging because creamy shadows are controlled well in pots.

This has become a staple of my morning routine. You won't be disappointed.

on 9/25/2011 6:36:00 PM

i personally love the color of this mac paint pot. it is a pretty, shimmery, champagne white color. but...I wanted this product to be good as a primer for me. It was not. Unlike my UDPP, this creased on me, which I was very disappointed with. But if I use a primer on it, it stays all day, so no complaints there. And i love the color, and using it as an eyeshadow base, or even on it's own.

I just started using the paint pots. I bought Bare Study and Blackground. I had no idea how well these stayed put! I am amazed and so excited! These can be used as a base for eyeshadows or by itself. I have warmer features so this color is good for someone with my skin tone. I am excited to try these with all my eyeshadows! This color is so pretty. Nude-ish, pinkish, champagne-ish, shimmery gold. Love it! :) Looking forward to adding more to my collection.

on 9/21/2011 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this after falling in love with my painterly paint pot. Unfortunately, this is nothing like painterly. A few problems I ran into were it had a lot more shimmer than what it looks like in the pot. Secondly, it creases. Third, it only last half a day.

on 9/21/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I adore paint pots and I truly wanted to love this one, but unfortunately it just doesn't work for me. It's far too light for my NC20 skin. Don't get me wrong, the color is gorgeous in the pot! I just haven't found a great use for it. As far as the price goes, it's okay for the amount of product you get, and they last forever. I wouldn't repurchase this though because it just doesn't work for my skintone.

Top Rated MAC Products