September 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by eramsey568

In my opinion, this product is WAY over-hyped. Since I have oily eyelids, most eyeshadows crease on me, including Painterly. I also don't like how it can emphasize dry eyelids. It is also more on the dry side, thus, being hard to blend. It is a good base, but it is something I can definitely live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this as an eye shadow base almost daily and have never found anything as good. Used to use Cliniques touchbase but this far superior plus you get 5x as much product.

HG prduct! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is alright. It does nothing for the longevity of shadows, this stuff creases really badly on me without primer underneath. What I do like it for is days when im not wearing a lot of makeup, just mascara, and want to make my eye lids look more even in colour. Its an okay product...I can see why a lot of people will like this but plaid old primer is just fine for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I caved and bought this. Its a good neutral base colour but its not as creamy as other paint pots I have. Idk why, maybe because its matte and my lids can look crepey if I use too much. Ill use it up but I don't think ill buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by macamania

Love this paint pot! I used it very often as base for my eyes. It will create a great canvas for eventual colors on top of it. But i will never use it alone, as the color is a little pinkish for my puffy lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Uh-oh guys. I hit pan today for the first time with my painterly eyeshadow pot. Yes, I know MAC is expensive... but I use this shadow every single day (only needs to be applied once with primer), and I have had it for about 7 months and am just NOW hitting pan. I suppose I have another 2-3 months of fulltime use before its gone... Anyway, it may be expensive- but it pays for itself with the quality. I wish people would understand that with makeup (as with most other things in life)- you get what you pay for. I can go buy wet-n-wild yes, but I wont get the deep pigment of color, a good quality product that lasts all day without creasing or will i get a sturdy pan that will never break or allow your shadow to fall apart. Its a no brainer!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Coffeeandlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! My eyelids can get super oily and my eyeshadow often creases. But with this it lasts a 10 hour work day! It sometimes feels a little drying though so I've started only using it every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MsSharoness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic base for oily, creased eyelids.

It creates a perfect canvas for eyeshadows to adhere to.
Eyeshadow are more brilliant.
Eyeshadow stays on until I take it off..finally!
That ugly crease at the end of day, not with this.
It is well worth the price. A little goes a long way.

Good job MAC! I hope they always make this product. I have bought this item 3x. I wil buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This Paint Pot works great as an eye primer. It prevents creases, eyeshadow goes on smoothly, and makes a great base, making my eyes look much brighter and evening my skin tone on my eyelids and under my eyes.

If I am going out and want my foundation to last (and prevent my skin from getting oily) I will sometimes put a tiny bit of this on my t-zone area under my foundation to help it stay put.

After trying several eye makeup primer brands, the MAC Paint Pot is the only one that does what the other primers promised! All of the others I have tried have left me with creases on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kimberlycarmen

Love love love MAC's paint pots. Especially Painterly, it is such a great color base for putting on eyeshadow. I use other MAC shades (and sometimes Stila) and they last all day if I put on painterly. The packaging is a nice glass pot, and I see the protduct lasting quite a while, even though I use it daily. $18 is so worth it for this product.