Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

on 7/30/2011 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

-don't use this on your face it is very dring.
-I use it on my back to keep acne away.
- it works great at getting deoderant off my underarm so my razer doesn't get mucked up.
-I smells good
-great for cleaning makeup brushes

on 7/16/2011 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love the smell of this and use it as a body wash. Just beware that it burns your ladybits!!!

NO sls is great! (It tears up my mouth (degreaser/foaming agent), dries my skin & scalp.) Smells great and a little goes a long way.

People + water friendly!

on 6/7/2011 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the best body wash! The scent is perfect for early mornings and it makes your body clean without over drying. Trader Joe's has it for the cheapest I believe-even cheaper than Target. The bottle is large but will last a long time. I highly recommend this!

on 6/3/2011 4:33:00 PM

Yes, yes, and yes to this soap. I am a lifelong addict from now on. It is perfectly mild and non-irritating, and the peppermint is a perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. I have the most finicky, sensitive skin when it comes to soaps, and this has not irritated me in the least. I used it in place of my facial cleanser one day in a pinch, and let's just say I threw my facial cleanser away once I found it. I get so many compliments on my skin when I use this in conjunction with a good moisturizer. Try this soap in any variety! The lavender is just as great.

on 5/30/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This soap is terrific! I have the bar soap version, and I love to wash my hair with it. The pepperminty menthol cooling sensation is so refreshing on your scalp! I have natural, uncoloured hair though so it may be a bit drying to use this alone on colour treated or permed hair.

This is also great as a body soap- gives you a good, clean feeling without the usual dryness of your typical bar soap.

I also have the Tea Tree Oil and the Lavender bar soaps. I love them all!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I originally bought this a couple of days ago to clean my makeup brushes after seeing dulcecandy87 on yt raving about it. Not familiar with any of Dr. Bronner's products so I decided to buy the 2oz bottle at Target (only $1.99 btw) to give it a try.

First let me tell you that my E.L.F. flat top powder brush that I use to apply my Revlon Colorstay is a pain in the butt to clean; the brush is already super dense and then the foundation is just hard to clean off cause it's heavy duty youknow? Lol So last night I tried out this soap and I literally only had to use 2 drops to clean the elf brush. I WAS AMAZED! With little effort and in no time at all, all of my brushes were completely cleaned! I'm so happy I got this soap. It makes cleaning brushes so easy!

I'm glad I got the 2oz bottle because a little goes a long way. But I might have to buy a bigger bottle because after reading all of the reviews below, wow I think I'm going to have to try it for everything! Definitely pick this up if you haven't already. You will not be disappointed.

on 5/18/2011 11:00:00 PM

I've been using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap for 30 years. It cured my acne and I still use it for my face at 58. There is no substitute. Best soap ever!

on 5/18/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect morning wash, is really invigorating and smells really strong of peppermint. A shower or a bath with this and I am wide awake, I just canít use it before I got to bed in a million years. Also this makes a good summer wash as is so refreshing.

on 5/2/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I will do this review based on what I have used it for:

shampoo: great! clarifying, a little goes a long way, it would prolly be drying if used all the time, but I don't know. I only use it about every 5 washes.

toothpaste: ew...whose idea was this? you may as well brush your teeth with soap

hand soap: I put it in one of those foaming dispensers..its golden!!

Overall: smells great, economical, many uses!!